Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? (1352 Views)

If She Does This, She Doesn't Like You Shikena!!!! / Do NOT Marry Someone Until You Can Honestly Answer These 20 Questions: / Can You Marry Someone From Another Cultural Back Ground?and Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by OduntanGabriel(m): 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2014
They said love supersedes all things! But one thing is also certain, we must take family 1st in all things we do,many people have gone against their parent (especially mums) wished to marry the girl they love and their wedding was a success while some have gone against their parent wishes and had a miserable life. Can u marry someone your mum doesn't like?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 07, 2014
From the threads you created, I clued that - You are getting married to an albino but your Mum doesn't like Her.. Right? undecided
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by kendrick93(m): 5:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
it depends. there has to be enough reason tho
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Prowizy2(m): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ceasar1: From the threads you created, I clued that - You are getting married to an albino but your Mum doesn't like Her.. Right? undecided
grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by OduntanGabriel(m): 5:39pm On Jul 07, 2014
Ceasar1: From the threads you created, I clued that - You are getting married to an albino but your Mum doesn't like Her.. Right? undecided
. Wow, what a coincidence, actually you are wrong, am still young chap, and presently marriage is the last thing am thinking about. Saw the two posts on twitter and I modified it and post it here.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by jieta: 5:40pm On Jul 07, 2014
hahahahahahaha
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 07, 2014
I am of the view that parents should not, under any circumstances, dictate who their children finally decides to settle down with. Their role in the decision making process should be advisory and nothing more. I, for one, can surely marry a lady my folks are not fond of.

I can only try to make them like her but I can't force them to. As they have the right to be upset with my choice of a spouse, so too do I have the right to choose that spouse without interference.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by sexylogan(m): 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2014
OduntanGabriel: They said love supersedes all things! But one thing is also certain, we must take family 1st in all things we do,many people have gone against their parent (especially mums) wished to marry the girl they love and their wedding was a success while some have gone against their parent wishes and had a miserable life. Can u marry someone your mum doesn't like?

I would have said yes but my mom has an uncanny ability of perceiving bad people that scares me. The only lady I
showed my mom was disapproved the same day. Momsie just refused to accept her and at the time I felt my mom
was being biased just because the babe was of a different tribe. My mom kept saying that if I marry her, I will
regret it for the rest of my life.

Some months later, I discovered that the girl
had a destructive temper, extreme trust issues, and very manipulative among others which I can't mention here.

A mother will see things that her son can't see because he has been blinded by "love" (and/or sex).

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by abrajways: 5:50pm On Jul 07, 2014
if mama got good reasons... I know she'll want the best for me.. so why not
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 07, 2014
OduntanGabriel: . Wow, what a coincidence, actually you are wrong, am still young chap, and presently marriage is the last thing am thinking about. Saw the two posts on twitter and I modified it and post it here.

Honestly??
The albino question is not thought provoking at all....not cool, and is insensitive
I am glad you say you are young

....maybe that excuses you....

But still I feel like throwing something at you now!!!
angry

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by tosyne2much(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2014
It depends oooooo and it also depends on d kind of mother you av..... As for me, my mom has led me to a particular stage of my life where I wld take anytn she tells me into consideration.... My mom has d ability of perceiving bad
people dat comes around me at first sight.... Since av bin at a very tender age, anythin my mom warned me against and I ended up doin lead to regret afterwards.... So if my mom advises me to stay away frm a lady, I wld put her words by my right hand and start being careful and tactical in dealing wit such a lady
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Lordabas: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2014

Yeah, I can.
If you are a grown man who is ready to be married, you do NOT need to "satisfy" your mother.
You say, "Mom, I love her and I am going to marry her. I hope you will support me in this decision. If not, I understand. But I DO expect you to be polite and respectful even if you don't like her.Simples! No big deal cool
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 08, 2014
sexylogan:

I would have said yes but my mom has an uncanny ability of perceiving bad people that scares me. The only lady I
showed my mom was disapproved the same day. Momsie just refused to accept her and at the time I felt my mom
was being biased just because the babe was of a different tribe. My mom kept saying that if I marry her, I will
regret it for the rest of my life.

Some months later, I discovered that the girl
had a destructive temper, extreme trust issues, and very manipulative among others which I can't mention here.

A mother will see things that her son can't see because he has been blinded by "love" (and/or sex).

You just told my story verbatim.

Only that I knew the girl's shortcomings even before presenting her to my family for marriage.

Don't ever say you will marry a girl if you have not found out her character. Though you could say it but find out before you act it.

I don't take long to know who a girl really is. Very cunning ones take me 6months. Easy ones take me one month to download their characteristics.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Killz1(m): 10:32am On Jul 08, 2014
Yes. My mom has her own husband to face. She should mind her business, while I mind mine. I'll never sacrifice my happiness to please my mom - ever.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by martinyesq(m): 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2014
Well some tyms mum might b right atyms she might b wrong.I use to date a fat gal once,she insisted meeting my mum,she came as usaul to my house,met mum.mum only complained of her size,n said wen she get pregnant,she wil turn me to her house help cos she wil say baby help me do dis n dat,n I wil end up doing evry tin for her.she said wel if she is ur choice,its up to u.dat ws all she said to me.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by Nkem88(f): 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2014
Killz1: Yes. My mom has her own husband to face. She should mind her business, while I mind mine. I'll never sacrifice my happiness to please my mom - ever.

Lordabas:
Yeah, I can.
If you are a grown man who is ready to be married, you do NOT need to "satisfy" your mother.
You say, "Mom, I love her and I am going to marry her. I hope you will support me in this decision. If not, I understand. But I DO expect you to be polite and respectful even if you don't like her.Simples! No big deal cool

striktlymi: I am of the view that parents should not, under any circumstances, dictate who their children finally decides to settle down with. Their role in the decision making process should be advisory and nothing more. I, for one, can surely marry a lady my folks are not fond of.
I can only try to make them like her but I can't force them to. As they have the right to be upset with my choice of a spouse, so too do I have the right to choose that spouse without interference.

Daz all. cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by DocAdray(f): 4:40pm On Jul 08, 2014
This is a tough one, its gonna be hard to dare...
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Mum Doesn't Like? by ERTHAENIGMA(m): 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2014
OduntanGabriel: They said love supersedes all things! But one thing is also certain, we must take family 1st in all things we do,many people have gone against their parent (especially mums) wished to marry the girl they love and their wedding was a success while some have gone against their parent wishes and had a miserable life. Can u marry someone your mum doesn't like?
na your mum wan live with her?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Did I Do Wrong? / Two Lovers Found Dead 2 Weeks Before Wedding / Most Beautiful Ladies Have Short/hot Temper !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.