Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,452 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> (23285 Views)

Obafemi Awolowo University Direct Entry Aspirant 2014/2015 Session / 2014/2015 Direct Entry Admission, University Of Ibadan / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 12:41am On Jul 08, 2014
This is the continuation of our previous thread. The thread is for all 2014/2015 Funaab direct Entry aspirant. Lets share infos and help answer questions pertaining to this year admission. We also hope to see some of our active members of the previous thread before the data loss e.g salvationmopol, LARRYDKING, nd odas. We shall all make it this year!!
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 12:47am On Jul 08, 2014
Here, gotten from the previous thread.

About funaab
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Ogun State (FUNAAB) was established on 1 January 1988 by the Federal Government when four Universities of Technology, earlier merged in 1984, were demerged. This led to the creation of the first two Universities of Agriculture in Abeokuta and Makurdi.
On the same date, Professor Nurudeen Olorun-Nimbe Adedipe was appointed the pioneer Vice-Chancellor of the University. Professor Adedipe officially assumed duty on 28 January 1988. For many years the date which Professor Adedipe assumed duty was wrongly adopted as the foundation day of the University. Following a revisit to the instrument setting up the University, a Council decision at its 53rd Statutory meeting in June 2010 reverted the foundation date to 1 January 1988 as prescribed by the law which established the University.
Prior to the emergence of FUNAAB, the Federal Government had established the Federal University of Technology, Abeokuta (FUTAB) in 1983. Then, in 1984, it was merged with the University of Lagos and had its name changed to the College of Science and Technology, Abeokuta (COSTAB), before the demerger of January, 1988.
The University started off from the old Campus of Abeokuta Grammar School, Isale-Igbein near the city centre. It completed its movement to its Permanent Site along Alabata Road in 1997, in what has been termed the fastest pace of Permanent Site development in the history of Nigerian University System.
At the initial stage, five Colleges were introduced in the University in October 1988 as follows:
College of Agricultural Management, Rural development and Studies (COLAMRUCS)
College of Animal Science and Livestock Production (COLANIM)
College of Environmental Resources Management (COLERM)
College of Natural Sciences (COLNAS)
College of Plant Science and Crop Production (COLPLANT)
Two additional Colleges, College of Engineering (COLENG) and College of Veterinary Medicine (COLVET) were introduced in March, 2002. During 2008/2009 session, the College of Agricultural Management, Rural Development and Consumer Studies was split into two with two new Colleges emerging as follows:
College of Food Science and Human Ecology (COLFHEC)
College of Agricultural Management and Rural Development (COLAMRUD)
The newest College in the University is College of Management Sciences (COLMAS)
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta with the acronym FUNAAB is one of the three Universities of Agriculture in Nigeria, the other being in Makurdi (Benue State) and Umudike(Abia State). It was established in January 1988. The University started at its mini-campus in Isale-Igbein right in the heart of Abeokuta, the Capital of Ogun State. The University moved in December 1997 to its permanent site, a 10,000-hectare Campus which is located next to the Ogun-Oshun River Basin Development Authority on the Abeokuta-Ibadan road in the North Eastern end of the city, 15 km from Abeokuta City Centre.
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 1:02am On Jul 08, 2014
For those asking if Funaab have started collecting Transcript, YES, they have started collecting, i was there last week (Thursday precisely) to submit mine. The gentle man i met there also said people have been submitting the transcript. So please don't be left out. If you have yours and still contemplating if to go or not, please do go, as the earlier, the better
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by atymat: 11:09am On Jul 08, 2014
Pls guys i need information on the processes
involved in applying for DE after buying and filling
the jamb DE form, what are the documents to be
taken to jamb office and what other step does one
have to take? Thanks in advance
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by khalidola11: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2014
plz i need full info abt DE nd i dnt hav my transcript yet
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 5:36pm On Jul 08, 2014
atymat: Pls guys i need information on the processes
involved in applying for DE after buying and filling
the jamb DE form, what are the documents to be
taken to jamb office and what other step does one
have to take? Thanks in advance
After submitting ur form online, u are to submit the DE print out, ur Statement of result and ur O' level result to jamb office. Also if u already hav ur transcript, u can go nd submit to the sch. Then d last is to wait for the Sale of the Post DE form from d skul. Hope this help.
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 5:58pm On Jul 08, 2014
khalidola11: plz i need full info abt DE nd i dnt hav my transcript yet
Direct Entry are for students with either OND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, ICAN to gain admission into 200/300 Level in Nigeria universities. If you have any of the above certificate or awaiting result in any of them, you are eligible to apply for direct entry. You dnt need to hav ur transcript before applying, if u r sure it will b ready before d month of admission proper.
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by atymat: 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2014
bigsam360:
After submitting ur form online, u are to submit the DE print out, ur Statement of result and ur O' level result to jamb office. Also if u already hav ur transcript, u can go nd submit to the sch. Then d last is to wait for the Sale of the Post DE form from d skul. Hope this help.
thanks it really helps
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by xamster(m): 8:39am On Jul 09, 2014
I think transcript is suppose to be for ND candidates....btw, am an ijmbite
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by atymat: 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
Unaab DE is out now, we are to buy the form just like the post-utme candidates, the deadline for transcript submission is wednesday 30th july 2014. For more information www.unaab.edu.ng
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
atymat: Unaab DE is out now, we are to buy the form just like the post-utme candidates, the deadline for transcript submission is wednesday 30th july 2014. For more information www.unaab.edu.ng
Very correct!!! The Direct Entry form is now on sale!!!

Application Procedure
Guidelines for Online Application

Procedure
Eligible candidates are to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) FUNAAB Admission Portal, click on “apply for admission” and enter their JAMB Number to generate and print their Registration Invoice stating their Reference Number and other information on payment of a non-refundable fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000.00) only exclusive of Bank Charges.
Candidates should proceed to any of the listed banks (nationwide) on the print-out of the Registration Invoice and make payment of One Thousand Naira (N1,000.00) exclusive of Bank Charges using the Reference Number. Ensure the bank posts the payment through the appropriate channel to reflect instantly on FUNNAB's Admission Portal otherwise you will not be able to proceed with your application.
After payment at the designated bank, candidates are to proceed to FUNAAB Admission Portal and complete the e-application form.
The application opens on Tuesday, 8th July, 2014 and closes on Wednesday 30th July, 2014 (12noon).
Candidates are required to upload their Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME result or OND/HND/NCE result (where applicable) and a recent coloured passport photograph (not more than 6 months old).
On uploading of all required details, candidates are expected to first preview and confirm entries before clicking on Submit on the acknowledgement page. Candidates should thereafter print out the Application Form displaying your passport photograph.
Correction of uploaded data attracts a correction fee of N1,000 as penalty and can be effected online. Click here for details.
No complaint of wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level result, UTME/OND/HND/NCE result or blank picture will be entertained after Wednesday 30th July, 2014 (12noon).
Candidates who up-load wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE results will be automatically disqualified.
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 8:15pm On Jul 09, 2014
This is Important For all DE aspirant!!!

Direct Entry (DE) Candidates
Admission Into 200 Level: Information and Requirements

General Information
Candidate seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta should note that they have the SOLE responsibility of ensuring that they meet the minimum admission requirements at Ordinary Level, OND, NCE or HND before making any payment into the University coffers. If at any point it is discovered that the candidate does NOT meet the minimum admission requirements, such offer of admission shall be withdrawn and payment made is NON- REFUNDABLE.

Admission Into 200 Level
In addition to the minimum requirement specified at O'Level, candidates seeking admission by Direct Entry are expected to posses a minimum of UPPER CREDIT at ND or HND and CREDIT at NCE for admissions into related areas from a recognized institution. G.C.E. Advance- Level passes in any two of the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Zoology/Botany are acceptable for admission into 200 Level.

FUNAAB DOES NOT ACCEPT LOWER CREDIT FOR DIRECT ENTRY ADMISSION.

Post-UTME
Direct Entry Applicants do not take Post-UTME. However, the deadline for submission of transcript is Wednesday, 30th July, 2014.

Note
Applications for refund on losing admissions offer will not be entertained. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure they meet the minimum admission requirements before making payment for acceptance of admission offer.

Ensure you read and carefully follow the application procedure.

source: http://admission.unaab.edu.ng/de-information.php
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 3:19pm On Jul 11, 2014
Hello, this is an update on the ongoing registration. For those that have not registered, Prepare to pay another #2300 on completion of your registration. They call the fee "Transcript Processing and Portal Access Fee". This is different from the initial #1300 for application. Remember the deadline for both Registration and Submission of Transcript is still 30th of this month. May God see us through the process!!!!
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by rkarang: 5:18pm On Jul 11, 2014
@Bigsam360 you're well done, sir!

Hello to my amiable, affable, & incredible Prof Dan

We shall pull through!
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2014
rkarang: @Bigsam360 you're well done, sir!

Hello to my amiable, affable, & incredible Prof Dan

We shall pull through!

Thanks Boss and Amen to the prayer. have you completed your registration?
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by rkarang: 7:08am On Jul 12, 2014
bigsam360:

Thanks Boss and Amen to the prayer. have you completed your registration?

No sir! I've not started at all. Hopefully next week.
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by aysteve(m): 7:39am On Jul 12, 2014
Pls can I use Neco awaiting result for DE coz I need 1 subject for my course
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by danevans19(m): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2014
Would jamb cancel the admission of those who got 2 forms? Pls i need responds
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by rkarang: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2014
danevans19: Would jamb cancel the admission of those who got 2 forms? Pls i need responds

Jamb will not only cancel but also ban them for three years.

That's why you now have DE COC.
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by danevans19(m): 9:13am On Jul 13, 2014
rkarang:

Dat's is too. 3 year? Let's wait n see if jamb would do dat . Thanks for ur responds
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by abuhalima(m): 10:00am On Jul 13, 2014
rkarang:

source?

1 Like

Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by rkarang: 12:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by xamster(m): 1:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
Do u mean utme or DE bro, cuz many folkz went for two DE forms....am no exception
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by abuhalima(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
This is simple enough to comprehend, nowhere in the link was DE talked about. It only emphasized utme candidate...so pls bros if you've got another source that talks about DE, bring it forth.

1 Like

Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by rkarang: 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2014
Actually, I didn't want to post the source or talk about it in order to avoid endless...... But I did it for the benefit of friends.....

One of the principles of law, for those who have taken a course on it, is that it must not be ambiguous . I deliberately quoted Dibu in order to clarify my point.

In the post, they were talking about UTME candidates but when Dibu would answer them, he said “The new policy is that any candidate who
engages in multiple registrations will be
banned for three years,” he said.

It should have been ANY UTME CANDIDATE or any candidate with the exception of DE [Law is very strong O, exceptions must be clearly stated]---If you've ever seen a PUME advert before, you will understand what I mean....As in all applicants who scored 200 &above in Jamb and that also chose the University as their FIRST CHOICE if the bolded is removed, the UNIVERSITY has no right under the law to stop other applicants who didn't choose d sch but scored 200 and above to sit for d PUME...... So the new policy is applicable to any candidate under Jamb [UTME, E-LEARNING, DE].

The logical way to fully understand a passage is to PAY attention to exceptional clauses.

I may be wrong but it's only left for time to tell.

1 Like

Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 4:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
aysteve: Pls can I use Neco awaiting result for DE coz I need 1 subject for my course
for FUNAAB, i believe they won't. Funaab have been very strict with o'level combination for admission, som1 from the school once told me to triple check my o'level subjects before submitin online. Although, it is not written on their site,but i rili doubt they accept awaiting. Btw, wat abt the result u used for ur HND/OND/ijmb/nce?, sure you most have tendered one during ur registration.
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by rkarang: 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
aysteve: Pls can I use Neco awaiting result for DE coz I need 1 subject for my course

Awaiting result in FUNAAB is usually applicable to MAY/JUNE WAEC candidates. The portal will be opened in August & closed in few days/weeks later.

However if you're lucky enough to have got yours too during that period, you'll definitely be allowed to do so.

Goodluck!
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by aysteve(m): 4:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
rkarang:

Awaiting result in FUNAAB is usually applicable to MAY/JUNE WAEC candidates. The portal will be opened in August & closed in few days/weeks later.

However if you're lucky enough to have got yours too during that period, you'll definitely be allowed to do so.

Goodluck!
10ks
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by aysteve(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
bigsam360:
for FUNAAB, i believe they won't. Funaab have been very strict with o'level combination for admission, som1 from the school once told me to triple check my o'level subjects before submitin online. Although, it is not written on their site,but i rili doubt they accept awaiting. Btw, wat abt the result u used for ur HND/OND/ijmb/nce?, sure you most have tendered one during ur registration.
I av but I need govt to meet d requirement of d course
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by tjones007: 6:12pm On Jul 14, 2014
total amount for POST DE is 3,600 after d payment of 1,300 another 2,300 will be collected for transcript processing
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by bigsam360(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
Has anyone paid the 2300k, if yes, did u received any text message from FUNAAB?
Re: Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> by adegab4real007: 10:36am On Jul 18, 2014
bigsam360: Has anyone paid the 2300k, if yes, did u received any text message from FUNAAB?

Hi, I intend to pay for that today, once I do I'll let you know if I get any alert from them. But I did get a confirmation e-mail when i paid the N1,300 sha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Would You Score Your Students 39 And 69 Or Would You Add 1 To The Score? / ASUU To Meet Jonathan / Second Term Scheme Of Work And Plan Lesson Note For Primary Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.