Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) (27402 Views)

Doctors Are Now Taking Selfies Next To Women’s Vaginas While Delivering Babies / What The Doctors Are Saying:Opinions And Comments From Doctors Across The Nation / Stop Googling Your Symptoms. Doctors Are Sick Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Smartsyn(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
hmmmm.
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by datola: 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
I don't blame the doctors because they believe there is too much money with the govermnet to waste. And the right time to force Mr President to agree to anything- all for 2015 election.

1 Like

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
A really nice article. Some of the requests of the NMA are ridiculous as almost all of us will agree but some of them are just common sense and in saner climes will be non issues at all. While I keep saying that the strike is unwarranted, I must quickly add that the excesses of Johesu are becoming preposterous.

Let me quickly add that the world over, there is always friction between the doctors and other healthcare workers esp nurses but I don't think it has ever degenerated to what is obtainable in Nigeria at the moment.

Example
http://www.physicianspractice.com/blog/trendspotter-time-doctors-and-nurses-stop-fighting

1 Like

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by worlexy(m): 3:27pm On Jul 10, 2014
1stola: Rubbish !
Abeg who know where toilet dey?
hater
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by philtrum(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
One more sane person .........nurses, pharmacist, pharmacologist, microbiologist and others wants to be named consultants and Chief medical Director......oh you think Doctors are not business oriented too...6yrs in Med sxh + (up to 10 years to specialize for some Doctors) you think they were dancing galala and alanta in ward or popping champagne in the theatre, Or you think its yinka ayefele they sing during ward rounds. No public holiday as student and as a Doc......(Lemme stop before I vex)

17 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by worlexy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 10, 2014
YourHealthlabs:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=70782
nice one
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by tpia5: 3:30pm On Jul 10, 2014
eazisky: If doctors are gods, then who are lecturers and teachers?

The sooner people accept the fact that doctors strikes, ASUU strikes, closure of universities, riots and applying for visas are yearly events that will not go away, the quicker they'll adjust their views.

He who pays the piper dictates the tune.
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by maclatunji: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
I do not blame the doctors, I blame the country's leadership. Policies are meant to guide the government on these issues, why should it allow itself be pushed around by healthcare workers from doctors to cleaners if it indeed knows what it is doing?

2 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by tpia5: 3:32pm On Jul 10, 2014
As per 6+ years degree, its masters level, not baccalaureate level.

Is the op sure funke egbemode wrote this? Doesn't sound like her.

Would a bachelor's degree holder argue masters degree is the same as bachelor's?

Even nurses with masters are not considered the same as nurses with bachelors.

However, the writer is entitled to his or her opinion.

1 Like

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Chatters(f): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
Well written. Highly poetic and full of rhetorics.

2 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by sainty2k3(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lol. They think consultancy is a chieftaincy title. And that's the reason why everyone wanna grab their copy. Anyway no need to talk much on this thread.
Any doctor in Nigeria should be used to multiple enemies all around u just have to be conscious of what u do,; other health workers, your seniors, the general public and even lately the government has joined. Even naira land MODS WHO BRINGS ALL ANTI-DOCTOR post on front page without a balance

10 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Sabretooth1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 10, 2014
They are greedy cows. To think they swore an oath.

2 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jul 10, 2014
wellmax: Ours is a nations where people study medicine not with the intent of saving lives but for show off.

And guess the people who popularised that mentality. Our parents. I started hating doctors the day my mum was admitted in luth. The worst amongst them are those student doctors. Am sorry, am so sorry. I just hate them. I don't no maybe because they are short staffed or because they no u are at their mercy. The way they bully you and talk to you. You just hate yourself that moment. Many of them need psychological help.

I pray that none of you will have any cause to go the hospital. Those doctors are terrible. Are they not trained how to act and speak under stress. Or is it the Nigerian mentality that the moment u are given a position where u seem to be above the ordinary Nigerian, u turn urself to a thin god. I don't no.

13 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by condralbede(m): 3:37pm On Jul 10, 2014
They are orancle of God.not small god.
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by omajali2003(m): 3:39pm On Jul 10, 2014
lionelrobben: yes dis is true. sum mths back I had maleria. da docta no gree treat me. he said i should hand ova my BB. i tell am say no, na di only fon wey i get. he said he no fit treat me till i dash am all my female BBM contacts. diaris god ooo

Oga take am eazy grin
lionelrobben: yes dis is true. sum mths back I had maleria. da docta no gree treat me. he said i should hand ova my BB. i tell am say no, na di only fon wey i get. he said he no fit treat me till i dash am all my female BBM contacts. diaris god ooo

Oga take am eazy
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by chioma134: 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
wellmax: Ours is a nations where people study medicine not with the intent of saving lives but for show off.
I agree perfectly. But the state did not pay the doctor's school fees, so why should they expect them to run a charity?If the tomato seller must be paid as at when due, and the garri seller gives no notice b4 he increases his price, or the school proprietor can drive away pupils cos of inability of parents to pay fees, or the landlord can throw out an owing tenant despite the tenant not having anywhere to go, or MTN calls can only go through if I have loaded a recharge card, or NEPA go on strike as they please,THEN THE DOCTOR IS ALLOWED TO NEGOTIATE WITH HIS EMPLOYER AND IF NOT SATISFIED,DOWN HIS TOOLS. Face it, life's not fair.

16 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by wellmax(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
Vivipop: Too lengthy and I'm so not in the mood.
But then,give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar.

The number on problem of the black race...laziness. Little wonder you are where you are.

1 Like

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by 7sperovs(m): 3:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
KingTom: As an undergraduate, for six years I did not have time for myself, no girlfriend, some food, nothing. After graduation someone who knows nothing about medicine starts talking rubbish. Those saying we are show-offs. If e pain you, go back school!
grin grin grin

U are a fool? who asked u to go to school for 6 years, i went to the NDA for 4 years and after graduation i still have to stand before a bullet each time there is crisis so that i can protect u the doctor, who should earn more..Soldier, that protect even the doctors or police that the CMD calls when armed men come into his house to collect what the CMD stole from the hospital..Genuine cause my foot...Soldiers cant go on strike, th epolice cant go onstrike even when they are paid rubbish, who sacrifices more and who should really be agitating for better pay..Doctors should go and sleep
Am pregnat. doctor say lets find out, Go for a test.
Am feeling feverish- Doctor says lets find out whats really wrong with you, go for a test.
Am very sure the so called lab technician, can tell what result is positive for any ailment and a pharmacist can tell u what drug and what dosage u need to get cured....Every consultant just gives u a list of (lab technician's) test that decides which of the (pharmacist's) drugs to use..It make one wonder what they can really do without test and drugs..
None of the medical/health sector can survive without the other, Doctors should stop feeling too important joor

42 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by wellmax(m): 3:42pm On Jul 10, 2014
chioma134:
I agree perfectly. But the state did not pay the doctor's school fees, so why should they expect them to run a charity ,if the tomato seller must be paid as at when due, and the garri seller gives no notice b4 he increases his price, or the school proprietor can drive away pupils cos of inability of parents to pay fees, or the landlord can throw out an owing tenant despite the tenant not having anywhere to go, or MTN calls can only go through if I have loaded a recharge card, or NEPA go on strike as they please,THEN THE DOCTOR IS ALLOWED TO NEGOTIATE WITH HIS EMPLOYER AND IF NOT SATISFIED,DOWN HIS TOOLS. Face it, life's not fair.
The government didn't pay the fees of the Agricultural or theater art graduate either, and please the doctors receive salaries the only want self aggrandizement and "CONSULTANT chieftaincy title"

1 Like

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Emulti(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
KingTom: As an undergraduate, for six years I did not have time for myself, no girlfriend, some food, nothing. After graduation someone who knows nothing about medicine starts talking rubbish. Those saying we are show-offs. If e pain you, go back school!
grin grin grin

What goes around turns around. Thank God physicians Family members also die.

2 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by yomi007k(m): 3:43pm On Jul 10, 2014
Crap
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
Nigerian doctors are all fools na thunder go fire una.una be gods dey go strike una be gods they demand customise plate number.how can one bring accident victim in the hospital dey wil told who brought him to bring police report before bringing the person wil die even if the victim is an armrubber y cant they chain him while attending to him/her this kill 2 innocent pple in my area wenever i see doctors i look them like fools wey thunder go soon fire.last 2months my friend my friend was shot he went to hospital they demand for police report that took the whole they the next thing they do is to cut'off the left leg if na the pikin dem go cut'am? Quote me say rubbish na u sabi
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
Sabretooth1: They are greedy cows. To think they swore an oath.
And to think you have a brain ...

2 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by jumpmasta(m): 3:44pm On Jul 10, 2014
YourHealthlabs:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=70782
. A myopic Satire.. Written yet by another demented JOHESUITE

3 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by anytexy: 3:45pm On Jul 10, 2014
datola: I don't blame the doctors because they believe there is too much money with the govermnet to waste. And the right time to force Mr President to agree to anything- all for 2015 election.
On point.
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
Adikam: Nigerian doctors are all fools na thunder go fire una.una be gods dey go strike una be gods they demand customise plate number

You first. Naija doctors don't need customised plates. That is not on the list of things they request of the govt. That was a request by the NMA before the strike and it didn't go down well with most doctors. If doctors are fools, what does that make you?

6 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by 9jahubcom(m): 3:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
hmm
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
Yomieluv: Nice one..the NMA are just wicked,and callous. Why use strike,knowing fully well,it won't affect the people in power,than the common man..their act no matter what is plain madness.
doctors are trained fools

3 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
skabber2: Soon, these small gods will ask to sleep with our wives before treating our sick children.
whatever a deity want must be given!
Hmmmmm
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
7sperovs:

U are a fool? who asked u to go to school for 6 years, i went to the NDA for 4 years and after graduation i still have to stand before a bullet each time there is crisis so that i can protect u the doctor, who should earn more..Soldier, that protect even the doctors or police that the CMD calls when armed men come into his house to collect what the CMD stole from the hospital..Genuine cause my foot...Soldiers cant go on strike, th epolice cant go onstrike even when they are paid rubbish, who sacrifices more and who should really be agitating for better pay..Doctors should go and sleep
Am feeling feverish- Doctor says lets find out whats really wrong with you, go for a test.
Am very sure the so called lab technician, can tell what result is positive for any ailment and a pharmacist can tell u what drug and what dosage u need to get cured....Every consultant just gives u a list of (lab technician's) test that decides which of the (pharmacist's) drugs to use..It make one wonder what they can really do without test and drugs..
None of the medical/health sector can survive without the other, Doctors should stop feeling too important joor

You are so simple, I can't even start trading words with you.

4 Likes

Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by Vivipop(f): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hey Friend! I don't know what you have with the "black Race" and I don't wish to know so leave me out of it. For the love of God,do not quote me again. Have a nice life smiley
wellmax:

The number on problem of the black race...laziness. Little wonder you are where you are.
Re: Seriously, Doctors Are Small gods - Funke Egbemode (Sun News) by jumpmasta(m): 3:48pm On Jul 10, 2014
7sperovs:

. O boy You Just displayed the ignorance typical of these Regular Young officers..I hope you can talk this thrash in front of your RMO or BMO....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Susan Okpe Released From COVID-19 Isolation Centre / How Can One Gain Weight Easily? / My Experience With ULSAKIT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.