Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. (40913 Views)

My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful / She Doesn't Wear Her Wedding Ring Cos Her Husband Removed His Own / Top 10 Reasons For Getting Divorced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by jpphilips(m): 5:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ewuro1: Getting through to a partner who doesn't listen is frustrating, difficult, and likely to seem like an exercise in futility once you get exasperated enough. It's not necessarily that your partner doesn't want to listen to you; he or she may simply lack active listening skills. Sometimes, of course, there are deeper issues at fault. Every relationship is different, so you'll have to consider why your spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend isn't listening to you. Whatever the case, getting through to a partner who doesn't listen isn't impossible – it just requires some dedication and patience.

CONSIDER YOUR DELIVERY

How do you talk to your partner? Do you stage a frustrated ambush at the end of the day? Start complaining about something days after it happened, after it's had time to build up and blow up? If you want to start getting through to a partner who doesn't listen, you have to think about the way you approach the situation. Every person is different, and your partner may do better with a different delivery method. Think, too, about how you like to be spoken to, and try to approach your partner the same way.

What qualifies one a partner in the first place when the so called partner don't listen?
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by pappyrose(f): 8:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
Arguing with a woman is like getting arrested, everything u say can and will be used against u, so use ur right to remain silent. This is the reason y some don't listen.
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by biomedixexcel(m): 8:32pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ok
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by Amuga(f): 9:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
The truth about people who dont listen or gives silent treatment is that they know it hurt their partner and that is why they keep doing it.
My husband is guilty of this silent treatment, when we first got married, i will beg him for hours to talk to me and eat, it was so frustrating. But thank God, we are coping better now.
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by millionboi(m): 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2014
He who has ear let him hear
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by Iamoilprince(m): 10:51pm On Jul 11, 2014
MissMeiya:

And you're proud of this? You're disgusting.

My aunt's husband used to whip her and her daughter, and my mother and her sisters helped her move across the country. Then we hired thugs to rob and beat him. My cousin's boyfriend was slapping her around one day, and I threatened him with a machete and deleted her number from his phone.

One day, you'll fúck with the wrong family.

Hmmm! I see....I luv ur guts! U my kinda girl
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 11, 2014
Iamoilprince:

Hmmm! I see....I luv ur guts! U my kinda girl

I'd kill you and piss on your dead body. You have no idea what kind of girl I am.

Woman beaters disgust me.

1 Like

Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2014
MissMeiya:

I'd kill you and piss on your dead body. You have no idea what kind of girl I am.

Woman beaters disgust me.

Ouchh!!!! I rly do luv ur guts! Let's try some, real quick....U on bbm or whatsapp yea ?
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2014
Iamoilprince:

Ouchh!!!! I rly do luv ur guts! Let's try some, real quick....U on bbm or whatsapp yea ?

Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by Iamoilprince(m): 11:34pm On Jul 11, 2014
MissMeiya:

Ohhh! Cool
Re: Tips For Getting Through A Partner Who Doesn't Listen. by tpia6: 3:37pm On Nov 05, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Bring Her Over To The US? / Recent Photos Of The Baby That Was Rescued By A Dog After Being Abandoned / I Disowned My Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.