Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,732 members, 7,831,333 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors - Religion (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors (1402848 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:56am On May 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 2019

DARE USE THAT DUNAMIS
TEXT: Luke 10:19

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you" (Luke 10:19).

An instance of a precise fulfilment of today’s text was in the case of Paul at Melita, after the shipwreck. A serpent that stung him could not harm him because of the Spirit power in him (Acts 24:3-5). We can interpret the Lord's words in our text today to mean that the devil, his principalities and powers cannot harm us when we use the power or dunamis which Christ has given to us.

You may have read Luke 10:19 over a thousand times, but God wants you to understand that you are actually fortified and reinforced to live secure in the midst of all the works of the devil. If you dare believe that and declare it throughout your life and in all situations, you shall be victorious. With the authority in the name of Jesus, power of the Holy Ghost and the word of God, you can command demons, sicknesses, diseases and very bad situations and they will obey you. So, whatever power you think Satan, witches, wizards and occultists have, you have much more. Use the Holy Ghost power.

Chɑllenge: "We have absolute security in Christ's Promise."

Prɑyer: "Thank you Jesus for giving me power and Authority over my enemy."

Quote: "Use the Holy ghost Power."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 91:13 Acts 28:5 Mark 16:18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:52pm On May 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, MAY 23, 2019

CITIZEN OF A HOLY NATION
TEXT: Exodus 19:6

"And ye shall be unto Me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel" (Exodus 19:6).

God chose the nation of Israel, through its patriarchs- Abraham, Isaac and Jacob- to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation through which He would bless the entire world. At a time, God even warned the Egyptian pharaoh, saying, "…Israel is my son, even my first born…and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, even thy firstborn" (Exodus 4:22b). However, at various times, Israel and their kings went into sin. Citizens obey the laws of the nation they belong to in order to enjoy the rights and privileges. But Israel failed here.

We are born into the kingdom of this world ruled by Satan. The unsaved man lives in obedience to his commands until Jesus sets him free (Ephesians 2:1-4). Have you been saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ? (Ephesians 2:8, 9) If you have, then you are a new creature and a citizen in God's Kingdom (2 Corinthians 5:17); you belong to His royal priesthood. You should sin no more; instead, be holy as we await Christ's return.

Chɑllenge: "We're called to be part of God's holy nation of kings and priests."

Prɑyer: "Help me Lord to live like a citizen of your Holy Nation."

Quote: "Be holy as we await Christ's return."

Further Reɑding: 1 Peter 2:5,9; Revelations 1:6; 5:10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:44am On May 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, MAY 24, 2019

CHRIST'S MESSAGE IS CREDIBLE
TEXT: 2 Peter 1:16-21

"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty" (2 Peter 1:16).

If you knew you were about to die, what would be your final words and deed? This was the case of Apostle Peter when he wrote 2 Peter 1:16. He wished that his Christian friends remembered these words and not to lose their hope in the Lord's return. "Pay close attention to great men and women of God in their dying days because very often their last words will be a great message that you must heed," says Dr. Francis Shaffer. Peter had the Holy Spirit and was an eye witness of Christ's ministry, death, resurrection and ascension. This means that his message about Christ's Second Coming is believable.

Do you have doubts about the Bible being true? Or do you doubt Christ's return? When the Bible speaks on any matter be it: salvation, Christ's second coming, and eternal life, we should believe because "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God." Be assured that no matter what you see or face in this life, you can absolutely trust Christ's promises and you shall share in His Glory by and by.

Chɑllenge: "God's word is a light in the dark world; believe it."

Prɑyer: "Help me not to doubt your word, oh Lord."

Quote: "You can absolutely trust Christ's promises."

Further Reɑding: Roman 15:2; 2 Timothy 3:16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20am On May 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2019

SET APART
TEXT: Psalm 4:3

"But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for Himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him" (Psalm 4:3).

David knew that he and other godly people were set apart for God. The godly are obviously a distinguished and peculiar people. They have undergone a process of change through the blood of the lamb and are now pious, compassionate and holy. Just as we set things apart for our enjoyment and special use, God sets the godly apart unto Himself for these reasons and much more. He has marked such people, and put them aside as His own property for His own services and purposes, and would, therefore, hear their prayer for welfare and security.

The ungodly have a disaster waiting for them, but the godly have great rewards from God. You must be a true Christian; purified and set apart by God. Then you will have the same assurance as David - that God will always hear and answer your prayers. As we engage in His service and do what pleases Him, we may confidently believe that He will hear us, and deliver us from evils. So, go to God’s throne of grace and receive your needed help.

Chɑllenge: "Consecration is essential for a God Honouring Service."

Prɑyer: "Lord I lay down my life to lift Your Name, consume this offering."

Quote: "Be a true Christian."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 12:26, Psalms 135:4

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:19am On May 26, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, MAY 26, 2019

PREPARING FOR RAPTURE
TEXT: Revelation 2:25, 26

"But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. And he that overcometh, and keepeth My works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations" (Revelation 2:25, 26).

In the series of events that mark the end time, the very first is the Rapture. Some people don't believe in the Rapture, yet, others are concerned about the exact time it will happen. The answers regarding the Rapture are found only in the Scripture! Are you a citizen of heaven? The Rapture, which is the first part of the Second Coming of Jesus, is only for Christians, the citizens of heaven. "If Jesus returns in my lifetime, will I be raptured?" If your answer is indecisive or negative, then you had better be certain before you die or the Rapture, depending on which happens first.

The fact is that it is going to happen and we do not know the exact time, but there is a way to avoid the tribulation that will follow. To be ready when Jesus comes to take His Church to heaven, you must be saved, holy, always watchful and prayerful. His coming will be sudden, and there will be no time to get ready. Hold fast your salvation and God's word. If you miss the rapture, you will regret all through eternity.

Chɑllenge: "The Son of God is coming again in a twinkling of an eye."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to be ready for the rapture in Jesus name."

Quote: "Hold fast your salvation and God's word."

Further Reɑding: 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Luke 17:34-37

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On May 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, MAY 27, 2019

PREPARING FOR RAPTURE - 2
TEXT: Luke 21:34

"And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares" (Luke 21:34).

The Rapture, the catching away of saints, has taken place before in the Bible - as with Enoch and Elijah - and will again. Enoch and Elijah both walked with God perfectly before their rapture. If we must partake in this coming great event, we must walk with God with a perfect heart; there is no other way. Remember, those who died in Christ will be taken first, and then the living saints will join them to meet the Lord in the air. It will happen in a flash, without prior notice. Our duty is to be ever ready for that moment.

As Christians, we have another kingdom- the kingdom of God. Foolish actions of sin belong to foolish virgins who will miss the Rapture. Be a wise virgin; get your lamp ready. Today, many youths are into smoking, drinking and drugs. In addition to this is sexual immorality. This is the way of the world; not for people waiting for the rapture. No sinner can be rapture-ready.

Chɑllenge: "Repent now if you are into sin."

Prɑyer: "Give me oil in my lamp and keep me burning, dear God."

Quote: "No sinner can be rapture-ready."

Further Reɑding: Philippians 3:20,21; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, MAY 28, 2019

PREPARING FOR THE RAPTURE - 3
TEXT: Luke 21:36

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man" (Luke 21:36).

The May 1984 National Geographic, shows colour photos and drawings of the swift terrible destruction that wiped out the Roman Cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum in A.D. 79. The explosion of Mount Vesuvius was so sudden, killing residents in their routine - men and women at the market, the rich in their luxurious baths, and slaves at toil. They died amid volcanic ash and superheated gasses. Imagine the panic of that terrible day! The saddest part is that these people didn't have to die. Ancient Roman writers recorded that weeks of rumblings and shakings preceded the actual explosion. Even an ominous plume of smoke was clearly visible from the mountain days before the eruption. If only they read and responded to Vesuvius' warnings!

There are similar "rumblings" in our world: warfare, earthquakes, the nuclear threat, economic woes, and breakdown of family and moral standards. All these things point to a coming Day of Judgment. You need not be caught unprepared. God warns and provides escape routes for those who will heed the rumblings. "Watch ye therefore, and pray always," to be ready.

Chɑllenge: "Ready or not, Jesus is coming."

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, help me to be ready to meet you in the air."

Quote: "You need not be caught unprepared."

Further Reɑding: 1 Thessalonians 4-5; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:56am On May 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, MAY 29, 2019

GENTLENESS: A MISSING TRAIT
TEXT: 1 Timothy 2:24

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, [color=blue]patient" (1 Timothy 2:24).

Jerry Bridges in his book, The Fruitful Life, writes, "Both gentleness and meekness are born of power, not weakness." During the First World War, British fighter pilots wound thick layers of silk around their heads and then wore leather horse riding helmets on top of it. This they used to stop low velocity shrapnel as it is better than steel. God's word shows that gentleness, a heart that is soft toward others, and tenderness are in fact qualities of great strength! The Holy Spirit helps us to be gentle through self-control.

Many Christians, both ministers and members, try to prove to others how tough they are in order to be respected or feared. This is wrong. Those who are quarrelsome, stubborn, and harsh know nothing of gentleness. Gentleness, which means being meek and mild like Jesus or even Moses, is now a missing virtue in some Christian circles. A Christian does not act as he pleases. We become gentle by subjecting our own will to the will of Christ. This happens when we are born again and sanctified.

Chɑllenge: "When last did you pray for more gentleness?"

Prɑyer: "Holy Spirit, please make me more gentle, in Jesus name."

Quote: "The Holy Spirit helps us to be gentle."

Further Reɑding: Galatians 5:22-24; Matthew 11:28,29

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:14pm On May 30, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, MAY 30, 2019

YOU ARE A SOLDIER
TEXT: 2 Timothy 2:3

"Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ" (2 Timothy 2:3).

You are born into the Christian world, you are first, a babe, then a disciple and later a soldier, if you are willing. Timothy in our text was not only a soldier but a good one. There is a warfare raging; the war is not with flesh and blood. It is spiritual, between God's kingdom and the kingdom of darkness. "The entire Church age has been one of spiritual warfare, and that warfare is increasing as we approach the end of this age," writes Rick Joyner in the book, Breaking the Power of Evil. In this warfare, the devil is out to steal, kill, and destroy. You must join the army of the Lord and fight to defeat him as a good soldier.

If you are a soldier of Jesus Christ, you must put on the whole armour of God, including: faith, God's word and your salvation. Carnal weapons will not work. In all battles in the warfare, obey the voice of Jesus, your Commander, then use prayer as your powerful resource. You will win.

Chɑllenge: "Are you a good soldier in the Army of the Lord?"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, enlist me as a volunteer, a true soldier."

Quote: "You must join the army of the Lord and fight."

Further Reɑding: Ephesians 6:10-18; John 16:33; Acts 20:24

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:16pm On May 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, MAY 31, 2019

YOU ARE A SERVANT
TEXT: Colossians 3:22

"Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God" (Colossians 3:22).

A servant is a person who serves another; one who is under the authority of another. There are domestic servants who serve in homes; there are civil or public servants who serve in government offices, servants of God such as pastors, etc. As a good servant, one is expected to do one's work well, with little or no supervision. A servant should be obedient, faithful and diligent. "Those who are always looking for an opportunity for rest and recreation are not worthy of being called God’s servants. God’s servants cannot adopt a lazy living," says Watchman Nee.

Actually, all Christians are God's servants, whether a school prefect or teacher; a fellowship leader or member, or a medical doctor or patient. God's word says, "…by love serve one another" (Galatians 5:13). Even Christ tells those who are masters or occupy chief positions to see themselves as servants. (Matthew 20:26, 27). It takes being born again to have this attitude of a servant. Have you surrendered your life to Christ? If you have, then your service should be with the fear of God and not 'eye-service.'

Chɑllenge: "Live for others: have a servant heart!"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I want to be your servant, make me worthy to serve."

Quote: "All Christians are God's servants."

Further Reɑding: Ephesians 6:5-9; Matthew 20:20-28

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:33pm On Jun 01, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JUNE 1, 2019

SPIRIT GUIDANCE FOR SAINTS - 1
TEXT: John 16:13

"Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come" (John 16:13).

Today's text shows one of Jesus' messages on the Holy Spirit's guidance for Christians. The Holy Spirit is the third Person in the Trinity. In the Church, He is the Director, Comforter, Guide, and Teacher. On Spiritual guidance, Oswald J. Smith says, "Oh, beloved, faint not when doors are shut. For if you are in God's will, He will Himself unlock the bars and let you in, or else He will keep the doors closed and later lead you in another direction. Pray and wait. Fret not nor complain. The Spirit knows God's purpose. You have received Him; He is your Leader, your Guide, and He never errs. The vision will come at last."

God's children are guided by His Spirit. Jesus promised to send Him to His disciples and He did on the day of Pentecost. Give your life to Christ to enjoy this guidance. People who wrote the Bible were taught and guided by the Holy Spirit. He can reveal future events. You need Him to guide you in life.

Chɑllenge: "Every Christian should be led by the Spirit of God"

Prɑyer: "Dear God, I need the Holy Spirit's guidance to meet the challenges of today."

Quote: "God's children are guided by His Spirit."

Further Reɑding: John 14:15-17; 1 Corinthians 2:14-19

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JUNE 2, 2019

SPIRIT GUIDANCE FOR SAINTS - 2
TEXT: Isaiah 48:17

"Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go" (Isaiah 48:17).

In our study yesterday, we were introduced to the person of the Holy Spirit; His office, acts and how we can enjoy His guidance. Today, we shall focus on His practical guidance. The Holy Spirit guides the saints. When Pharaoh could not find anyone to interpret his two dreams, it was Joseph, guided by God's Spirit who solved the problem. Read what follows, "And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is" (Genesis 41:38)? As a believer, rely on the Spirit's guidance and you will be promoted like Joseph in all areas.

The Holy Spirit called Phillip from Samaria to preach to the Ethiopian eunuch in the desert of Gaza. He got converted. Paul and Silas were also guided by the Spirit to Macedonia. There, they miraculously brought the jailor and others in Philippi to Christ. As a Christian, if you pray, the Spirit can also use you to bring sinners to Christ. He can guide you in the choice of career, school and friends.

Chɑllenge: "How do you treat the Holy Spirit?"

Prɑyer: "Holy Ghost, I need you. Purge me, fill me and use me."

Quote: "He can guide you in the choice of career."

Further Reɑding: Acts 13:1-4, John 14:12-14

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2019

MUTUAL RESPECT
TEXT: Ephesians 5:21

"Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God" (Ephesians 5:21).

David McCullough, in his book, noted how George Washington, as a boy, copied down '110 Rules of Civility and Decent Behaviour in Company and Conversation.' Rule number one was: "Every action done in company ought to be with some sign of respect to those who are present." This means, respecting other people's opinions, conditions, social and economic statuses, and feelings. If you are not sensitive to the feelings of others, you may find yourself talking or acting in a manner that would cause disagreement, division, anger, fear and fight. Children of God should condescend to people of low conditions and respect them.

The Corinthian believers were showing preferences for ministers and Paul rebuked them. He wrote; "For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal" (1 Corinthians 3:4). Paul respected Apollos as a fellow minister. He declared, "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase." Wherever you find yourself, be it in the school, home, Church or office, as God's child, be humble, respectful and submissive. We are all equal before God.

Chɑllenge: "Mutual respect is the foundation of genuine harmony"

Prɑyer: "Dear Lord, renew the spirit of respect in your church."

Quote: "We are all equal before God."

Further Reɑding: 1 Corinthians 16:10-12; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:54am On Jun 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, JUNE 4, 2019

GIVE ATTENTION TO DETAIL
TEXT: Isaiah 28:10

"For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little" (Isaiah 28:10).

Anyone who does not give attention to details in whatever he/she does will never arrive at excellence. The best writers, research scientists, surgeons, architects, carpenters, tailors, and music composers and producers, usually give attention to details. According to Zig Ziglar, "The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra." At creation, God gave a lot of attention to details in all He created, including man, plants and animals. That is why everything is a masterpiece. Also, God gave detailed instructions to Noah on the building of the ark; to Moses, on the building of the tabernacle with its contents, and the clothing of the priests. They did everything to specification.

Our text tells us of the need to teach the word of God to the people systematically. All doctrines must be fully taught for the perfecting of saints, "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man…" (Ephesians 4: 13). Beloved, Put in the "little extra" in your studies and holy living and you will see yourself at the top.

Chɑllenge: "God does not do a shoddy job, neither should I"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to do the best and be the best in, Jesus name."

Quote: "Put in the little extra in your studies."

Further Reɑding: Jeremiah 35:18; Nehemiah 8:5-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:56am On Jun 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 5, 2019

WORK AND PRAY FOR WEALTH
TEXT: 2 Kings 23:25

"And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the LORD with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him" (2 Kings 23:25).

Martin Luther King Jr. once said: "If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well." As honey attracts flies, so wealth or success attracts friends and family members. Your work matters to God. Only a fool would sit idle and expect God to bless him with wealth. To be wealthy, you must work and place that job in the hands of the Master of the universe. It will prosper.

However, God hates the prayers of sinners. Become a child of God, then your prayers and work will attract His favour. Start your work or study with prayer, end it with prayer and see how great the result will be. You must work as if it all depends on you and pray as though your success depends only on God. Your life and wealth will soon attract people.

Chɑllenge: "Your wealth will bring glory to God"

Prɑyer: "Dear God, I trust in you, crown my efforts with success."

Quote: "Your life and wealth will soon attract people."

Further Reɑding: Psalms 37:1-5; Proverbs 24:30-34

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by brocab: 3:16am On Jun 06, 2019
{1 Corinthians 9:18}
Notice the attitude with which Paul presents his message here: He says that he had a need to preach the gospel, that "necessity is laid upon me." He is saying, "I've got to preach this. And if I don't, I'd better hide under a rock somewhere."
His approach to preaching the gospel was that lightning could strike at any time if he stopped preaching it. Remember how Jesus started this apostle's ministry—by blinding him out in the middle of the road to Damascus! What Jesus did made quite an impression on him.
Paul probably thought about that often—and about what would happen if he stopped doing the charge that had been laid upon him.
So, a true minister feels a compulsion to preach the gospel. On the flipside, he feels a certain doom if he does not. He feels as though, if he tried anything else, he would be a fish out of water. In him would be an emptiness that was not being filled because the ministry of Jesus Christ is a calling.
To a true minister of God, it is not just a job done for a paycheck, but a vocation that he feels compelled to do because the truth must be preached.
The information cannot remain in his mind. Uncommunicated knowledge and understanding of God's way is absolutely useless to anybody else; it cannot help anybody take even one step along the road to the Kingdom of God. ''''This is why God gives ministers mouths to speak.
Paul calls it "the foolishness of preaching" {I Corinthians 1:21, KJV} but God accomplishes a great deal through it.
The serious, devoted servant of Jesus Christ must do it. He just must! It is almost like a man who has just walked out of the desert and has not had anything to eat or drink. He feels compelled, obviously, to find something to satisfy his need—particularly to drink.
A true minister of God feels this way if he has not preached the truth in a long while. A "pressure" builds up after a time, and if it is not released, it explodes. The truth must be passed on because a compulsion from God Himself drives a true minister to speak the truth.
This may be dramatizing it a bit, but there is a feeling in a true minister's gut to let other people know the truth that he has been given to preach. In a true minister of God, the truth will out, to borrow a line from Shakespeare.
On the other hand, what does the minister get out of it? What does Paul say that he got from it? {In verse 18} he says that, when he preached the truth, other people were helped. He was able to preach the gospel in love, without charge. He did not need anything for it personally because he was driven from the inside—not the outside.
Thus, it made him feel good—it relieved that God-sent pressure and gave him the satisfaction that he had done his job.
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, JUNE 6, 2019

STELLAR QUALITIES OF JOSIAH
TEXT: 2 Kings 23:25

"And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the LORD with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him" (2 Kings 23:25).

The book of 2 Kings is full of accounts of kings who were unfaithful to God, though there were a few exceptions. The exceptionally good qualities of King Josiah singled him out from them. Josiah was a revolutionary leader; he accomplished much as a child-king; he repaired the temple and restored revival of true worship in Judah. His qualities are worth emulating by future leaders. His father and grandfather were bad kings, yet he refused to follow their example, and took after King David. Josiah was teachable, and knew that the way forward was through God. He had a vision for change. His personal repentance moved God to bless the vision. He communicated it to his subjects, and followed through with personal commitment to God.

You need salvation to be like Josiah. Do not postpone it till tomorrow. Only then can you contribute well to the good of your nation, city or school. Like Josiah, be a godly influence and reject evil influence by peers. Hindrances to stardom include: lack of obedience to God, laziness, fear of man and absence of vision.

Chɑllenge: "You can be a shining star in your generation"

Prɑyer: "Almighty God, help me to serve you faithfully, in Jesus name."

Quote: "You need salvation to be like Josiah."

Further Reɑding: Philippians 2:1-11; Romans 16:1,2

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:02am On Jun 08, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, JUNE 7, 2019

POSITIVE INFLUENCE - 1
TEXT: Daniel 12:3

"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever" (Daniel 12:3).

To be a positive influence means that you help to make people or your community better. If a new principal is posted to the school of very rough or proud students, and within a short time, all the students begin to behave well because of his good policies and actions, we can say that he has a positive influence. Jesus said that Christians are the light of the world; they cause people in darkness to see. That is a positive influence.

You have to check your life to see if you are influencing others positively or negatively. Students who are noise makers, gossips and bullies often influence others negatively. Those who encourage their peers to commit sin are sinners and need salvation. Only the righteous can turn many to righteousness, as today's Bible text says. They are the ones who will shine as the stars forever. So, you must genuinely repent and totally surrender your life to Jesus. As Christians, we can then spend our times, talents and treasures in soul winning. Only what is done for Christ will last.

Chɑllenge: "Be involved in bringing sinners to Christ"

Prɑyer: "Give me the grace Lord to fulfill the great commission."

Quote: "Turn many to righteousness."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 13:43; Proverbs 11:30

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:23am On Jun 08, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JUNE 8, 2019

POSITIVE INFLUENCE - 2
TEXT: Joshua 24:31

"And Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that over lived Joshua, and which had known all the works of the LORD, that he had done for Israel" (Joshua 24:31).

Dr. John Geddie, a Presbyterian missionary, went to Aneityum, an island in the South Pacific in 1848 and worked there for God for 24 years. On a tablet erected to his memory in the church where he preached, these words are inscribed: "When he landed, in 1848, there were no Christians. When he left, in 1872, there were no heathen." Wonderful! That was a great positive influence. Joshua also had a great influence on his generation; he was a faithful leader, who followed God whole heartedly, and as such God was with him and did great things through him. Like Joshua, you must be a deliberate follower of God.

Joshua constantly reminded the Israelites of God's deliverance and goodness to them, and the need to always obey His commands. Even after his death, the Israelites still lived for God. That was a positive influence. In order for Christians to help root out corruption, immorality, cultism and other social vices from the society, they must follow the footsteps of Christ in word and in deed. Do others see Jesus in you?

Chɑllenge: "Our lives should be such as men may safely copy"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to toil more for you each day I live."

Quote: "Follow the footsteps of Christ."

Further Reɑding: 2 Timothy 4:7; Exodus 33:11; Ecclesiastes 12:1

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19am On Jun 09, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JUNE 9, 2019

FAVOURED BY PHARAOH
TEXT: Genesis 47:6

"The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle" (Genesis 47:6).

When Joseph had his dreams of becoming greater than anybody in his family, it was God's favour and he had no idea how, where and when the dreams would be fulfilled. However, he believed God and never worried about how He would bring things to pass. When the favour of God is upon a man, he will be protected against all oppositions. From Canaan, he was sold into slavery in Egypt. God favoured him there before Potiphar who made him overseer in his house. Later, in prison he became an unofficial warder or overseer of the prisoners. That was favour. Finally, he was favoured by Pharaoh to become Egypt's prime minister. Joseph's great virtues endeared him and his extended family to Pharaoh. He told Joseph, "The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell..." This was a great family favour.

What skills and virtues do you have to fetch you the favour of God and man? Like Joseph, you must have the fear of God; always be faithful, diligent and loving.

Chɑllenge: "Sin and laziness can deprive one of favours"

Prɑyer: "Let your love flow through me O God and direct my path."

Quote: "You must have the fear of God."

Further Reɑding: 1 Samuel 16:1-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:58am On Jun 10, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, JUNE 10, 2019

REVIVE, REBUILD AND RESTORE
TEXT: Isaiah 58:12

"And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The restorer of paths to dwell in" (Isaiah 58:12).

On Mount Camel, Prophet Elijah brought revival to Israel when he proved to the prophets of Baal and backslidden Israel that Jehovah is greater than any other god. He rebuilt the altar of sacrifice, and called on the God that answers by fire; and fire came down from heaven. The people shouted, "The Lord, He is God." Israel was restored! It takes prayer and consecration to bring life to a dead Church or nation. Concerning the 1950 Korea revival, Bob Finley wrote, "I saw revival in Korea. I saw more than 25,000 persons profess to accept Christ as saviour within six weeks. I saw more than 4,000 persons daily at 5 am prayer meetings…I saw crowds up to 75,000 come together to hear the gospel." That indeed was revival and it can still happen today where you are.

There is sin in our schools and colleges. There is addiction to smoking, drinking, drugs and criminal acts in our society. We must rebuild the collapsing wall of prayer and proclamation of the gospel to save souls from rushing to hell. God can use you.

Chɑllenge: "Bring your broken heart to Christ for mending"

Prɑyer: "Lord my heart cry is to be more like you, O Lord."

Quote: "We must rebuild."

Further Reɑding: Amos 9:14; Ezekiel 36:8-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, JUNE 11, 2019

CAN A BLESSING TURN A CURSE?
TEXT: Malachi 2:2

"If ye will not hearto give glory unto My name, saith the LORD of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart" (Malachi 2:2).

God warns His children against misuse of His blessings. It is the ultimate Old Testament theme: blessing for obedience and cursing for disobedience. God granted Lot and his family the favour of escaping from Sodom before its destruction. But Lot's wife lost the privilege due to disobedience and became a pillar of salt. The earth was blessed by God after creation but was cursed for Adam's disobedience.

As believers, Christ has made us priests; as such we are bound by the same injunction in our text above. We ought to preserve and promote God's word for it is our duty to preach the gospel to the sinful world. God doesn't like being taken for granted. If we honour Him with our lives, He will also honour us, but if we despise Him, we shall face the consequence. Sin takes away the blessings of God. Anything misused, turns a curse, be it riches, talents or beauty. In order to retain God's blessings in our lives and ministries, we must keep hearing and obeying the word of God.

Chɑllenge: "Choose to make your blessings permanent"

Prɑyer: "Thank you Lord, for the bountiful blessing."

Quote: "Sin takes away the blessings of God."

Further Reɑding: Deuteronomy 28:1-10, 15-17; 1 Peter 2:9

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:20am On Jun 12, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 12, 2019

BODILY EXERCISE BENEFITS
TEXT: 1 Timothy 4:8

"For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come" (1 Timothy 4:8).

Former Dallas Cowboys' coach, Tom Landry, said, "The job of a football coach is to make men do what they don't want to in order to achieve what they've always wanted to be." The Greeks put much importance on bodily exercise and were extremists on it. A Christian's body belongs to God and must be well kept. Our body can be damaged by overeating and overweight, but exercise can curb such problems. "Exercise not only decreases the risk of developing heart disease, cancer, hypertension, diabetes and osteoporosis, but it also decreases the risk of developing osteoarthritis. In other words, exercise helps prevent most degenerative diseases," says Don Colbert.

Some people cite 1 Timothy 4:8, to justify their lack of exercising. Paul did not condemn physical exercise. However, he placed it lower in importance to godliness. Just as your education, leisure, household chores and job are legitimate and necessary pursuits, so it is with bodily exercise. The verse says that exercise does benefit, but encourages moderation. Don't make bodily exercise your god or become addicted to it to the detriment of your devotion to God.

Chɑllenge: "Exercise both physically and spiritually"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to be disciplined in all I do."

Quote: "Paul did not condemn physical exercise."

Further Reɑding: Matthew 6:33

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50am On Jun 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, JUNE 13, 2019

STAND NOW FOR SOMETHING - 1
TEXT: 1 Kings 18:21

"And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? If the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word" (1 Kings 18:21).

One of the greatest needs in our world today, is God's people stepping forward to stand for Him and His word. Indecision leads to instability in life. You may feel alone at work or school like Elijah felt, but just take a stance for the Lord. Taking a stance involves decision making. It was Albert Hubbard who stated that, "It does not take much strength to do things, but it requires great strength to decide on what to do." At times we have a host of choices presented to us, not making a decision about them for example, our career, education, relationships and church work, we end up doing nothing. Occasionally, we do not make decisions because of fear of making wrong ones.

There comes a time in every person's life when he/she must stand for something. It is dangerous to hang in between two opinions. If Jesus is the only Saviour, let us cleave to Him alone; if the Bible be the word of God, then accept it wholly. Stand on your godly convictions against the forces of evil.

Chɑllenge: "Indecision is a stressful state of mind"

Prɑyer: "Help me oh God, to stand for the things Christ stood for."

Quote: "Stand on your Christian convictions."

Further Reɑding: Ephesians 6:13-17

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:31pm On Jun 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, JUNE 14, 2019

STAND NOW FOR SOMETHING - 2
TEXT: Revelation 3:15

"I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot" (Revelation 3:15).

In life you must choose where you belong; you must stand for something or you will fall for everything. That is a dangerous position of instability. Such a person cannot live a fruitful life. Our text says, "thou art neither cold nor hot." Adam Clarke's Commentary explains this by saying, "Ye are neither heathens nor Christians-neither good nor evil-neither led away by false doctrine, nor thoroughly addicted to that which is true." Such a person does not stand a chance of making it to heaven. The early Greek philosopher, Epicletus said, "Thou oughtest to be one kind of man, either a good man or a bad man."

A spiritually lukewarm person is hard to reach for Christ as he feels rather comfortable and self-reliant. If you are spiritually hot or cold, God can do something meaningful with you, but nothing if lukewarm. The hot are the truly saved believers, fervent for God. The cold are the unbelievers who need Jesus and can be saved. But the lukewarm people pretend to believe in Jesus but not practically. Where do you stand today?

Chɑllenge: "Choose you this day whom you will serve"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, help me to make my commitment to you firm."

Quote: "Either a good man or a bad man."

Further Reɑding: Romans 12:11; Matthew 10:42

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:24am On Jun 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, JUNE 15, 2019

OPEN THE DOOR TO JESUS
TEXT: Revelation 3:20

"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" (Revelation 3:20).

Atchinson, Jonathan Bush wrote this song; There's a Stranger at the door, Let Him in; He has been there oft before, Let Him in; Open now to Him your heart, Let Him in; If you wait He will depart, Let Him in; Let Him in, He is your Friend, He your soul will sure defend, He will keep you to the end, Let Him in.

The stranger-guest wanting to come in is Christ, the Holy One, and the Father's Son. His Love is free and large. Jesus in His loving voice seeks to come into your heart. He is earnestly, patiently standing and knocking, waiting your acceptance. He seeks to have a relationship with you. Accept Him today without delay. When He comes in, He'll forgive your sins, restore Joy to you, heal, strengthen and build you up to be a child of God and when work on earth is done; He'll give you comfort and rest. Why not let Him in?

Chɑllenge: "Now is the day of salvation; tomorrow may be too late"

Prɑyer: "Lord, I open my heart to you. Come and dwell in me."

Quote: "He seeks to have a relationship with you."

Further Reɑding: Romans 10:8-13; John 3:16-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:17pm On Jun 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, JUNE 16, 2019

WHAT A KIND HEART!
TEXT: Genesis 50:21

"Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them" (Genesis 50:21).

"It pays to be nice because what goes around really does come around," a writer has rightly opined. Joseph's brothers least expected that the evil they plotted against their innocent brother would rebound against them. They were shocked to their bones to discover that Joseph, before whom they bowed, was the exalted Prime Minister in Egypt with authority, fame and wealth. Out of hatred and jealousy, the brothers of Joseph had sold him into slavery. They had attempted to kill him in order to destroy his destiny. But God overruled their plan and turned it into a stepping stone to honour and exaltation for the righteous Joseph. Joseph had a different heart. It was a heart of kindness. Instead of paying evil with evil, he comforted his trembling and remorseful brothers and promised to nourish them.

What type of heart do you have? Do you show kindness to others? Do you retaliate or forgive when offended? "There are two marks of a Christian: giving and forgiving," said Martin Luther King Jr. The kind heart that forgives and forgets offences only comes through the new birth experience.

Chɑllenge: "Salvation in Christ provides a kind heart"

Prɑyer: "Lord, let your kindness flow in my heart, in Jesus name."

Quote: "What type of heart do you have?"

Further Reɑding: Romans 12:18-21

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:34am On Jun 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, JUNE 17, 2019

AVOID ETERNAL REGRET
TEXT: Matthew 27:5

"And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself" (Matthew 27:5).

Ayn Rand (1905-1982) said: "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." This statement serves as a stern warning to those who do not want to end up in eternal grief. The most foolish in the world should be that person that is warned of the danger ahead but stubbornly prefers the broad way till he is consumed.

"Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said" (Matthew 26:25). Despite the fact that Jesus had made it emphatically clear that Judas would betray Him, he still went ahead to sell his Saviour and his birthright. Are you like Judas? He had every opportunity to make heaven like the other apostles but he allowed deceit, disobedience and dishonesty to damn his soul. Are you indulging in sins like Judas? To avoid eternal regret like him, repent of your sins and be cleansed in the blood of Jesus. Don't linger until it is too late like Judas. Remember, there is no repentance in hell.

Chɑllenge: "Repent or perish like Judas"

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to avoid regretful deeds."

Quote: "There is no repentance in hell"

Further Reɑding: Luke 23:39-43

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, JUNE 18, 2019

THE GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT
TEXT: John 17:4

"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest Me to do" (John 17:4).

The Forbes magazine periodically publishes the names of men and women of great fortunes in the world. So also the Nobel Prize is yearly given to those that have excelled in different fields. These are the people that are generally regarded in the world to have accomplished great things. Contrary to this belief, the word of God makes it abundantly clear that these people have only succeeded in labouring for the things of no heavenly value. All these accomplishments are momentary and will perish with this world.

Our Lord Jesus has given us an example to follow: to daily please God and to faithfully and faultlessly commit our all to winning the lost till our glorious departure. This is the greatest accomplishment any human can make on earth. All genuine Christians are called to serve in the kingdom. Our best and priority should be given to the service of God knowing that our reward is certain and enduring in heaven. We are to serve God faithfully in His vineyard. Are you idle or active for God?

Chɑllenge: "What are you doing for your Lord?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to faithfully serve you to the end."

Quote: "Christians are called to serve in the Kingdom"

Further Reɑding: 2 Timothy 4:6-8

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:30am On Jun 19, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 19, 2019

THE WORTHY DISCIPLE
TEXT: Matthew 10:38

"And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after Me, is not worthy of Me" (Matthew 10:38).

Polycarp, one of the Church martyrs, was arrested, tried and condemned for refusing to renounce his faith in Christ. He declared to his persecutors: "Eighty six years have I served him and he hath done me no wrong. How can I speak evil of my King who saved me?" When Polycarp was set on fire and could not burn, he was killed with the sword and then burnt.

The cross of Christ is a symbol of shame, reproach, ridicule, suffering and persecution. This is the message of Christ to all His followers. To be a worthy disciple of Christ, we must be ready to suffer with Him even to the point of death like Polycarp. A worthy disciple is a follower and a learner whose only goal is to daily please his Master and to become like Him. He is ready to obey his Master and sacrifice everything for His service. Are you a worthy disciple of Christ? Do you prefer your studies, friends, parents or worldly amusement to following and obeying Christ? A worthy disciple is always doing the will of his Lord.

Chɑllenge: "Be a worthy disciple."

Prɑyer: "Make me a worthy disciple, Lord."

Quote: "He is ready to obey his Master."

Further Reɑding: Acts 5:40-42

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, JUNE 20, 2019

ACCESS TO GOD'S KNOWLEDGE
TEXT: Proverbs 2:5

"My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with theeThen shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God" (Proverbs 2:5).

King Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived says in Proverb 9:10 that, "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." The fear of God is not a slavish fear of a slave to his master. It is the fear that makes us reverence and honour God. It induces in us total obedience and submission to God's will. According to Erick Alexander, "The evidence of knowing God is obeying God." If the fear of God is in us, we will love and obey Him.

The Bible text of today reveals that God's word in us produces His fear in our hearts. It will make us to understand the ways of God and how we should live our lives. It will produce morally upright citizens and enhance creativity and productivity in schools and in the workplaces. Indeed, a people that know and fear God will be free from evil and enjoy peace and prosperity. Open the door of your heart to Christ today and enjoy access to God's knowledge.

Chɑllenge: "Humble yourself before God."

Prɑyer: "Give me grace to tremble at your word, oh God!"

Quote: "It will produce morally upright citizens."

Further Reɑding: Psalm 1:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — More Than Conquerors by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, JUNE 21, 2019

BEWARE OF EVIL COMPANIONS
TEXT: 1 Kings 12:13,14

"And the king answered the people roughlyAnd spake to them after the counsel of the young men, saying, My father made your yoke heavy, and I will add to your yoke: my father also chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions" (1 Kings 12:13,14a).

Proverbs 13:20 warns, "He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed." A good number of youths in the Bible like Amnon and Rehoboam foolishly ruined their destinies because of association with bad friends. So also the lives of many promising youths are destroyed today because of ungodly friends.

Despite the pronouncement of God to split Israel into two kingdoms because of the sins of Solomon, God still gave Rehoboam, his son a chance to prove himself. Rehoboam was wisely counselled by the elders of Israel on the need for better government policies, but because of the influence of his ungodly friends, he forsook the counsel of the elders. As a result he lost ten out of the twelve tribes of Israel to Jeroboam, his rival. Are your associates saints or sinners? Are they children of God or rascals? You need to listen to the counsel of God from the Bible and your pastors. Avoid Rehoboam's error and obey the wise counsels of people like your parents and teachers. Note, "Evil communication corrupts good manners."

Chɑllenge: "Learn from Rehoboam's mistake."

Prɑyer: "Deliver me oh Lord, from evil friends."

Quote: "Are your Associates saints or sinners?"

Further Reɑding: 2 Corinthians 6:14-18

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (113) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

Viewing this topic: OLAADEGBU(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 187
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.