Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker - Religion (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker (1387202 Views)

THREAD: HIGHER EVERYDAY- DAILY GUIDE For YOUTHS With W.F.KUMUYI (deeper Life) / Nigerian Man Starts Preaching In London Bus And Is Told To Shut Up / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:50pm On Mar 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2019

THE WORLD WAIT FOR YOUR LIGHT
TEXT: JOHN 5:32-35

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 5:16).

Some things in life sound so simple and people take them for granted and when they are tested on such common things, they fail woefully. Imagine how many graduates are likely to fail a grammar test on the two letter word 'so' in our text in terms of practical Christian living. How many people's lives 'shine' at all before men? Needless to say how many people's lives 'so shine before men'?

The adverb 'o,' modifies explicitly the verb 'shine' to show the degree of how Christ wants our lives to shine before the people of the world. Christian youths are expected to be bearers of light where ever they are found - school, home, market, playground, and so on. The expectation of Christ, the Saviour of the world is clear. Let your light so..o..o..o shine...before men...that they may see... and glorify your Father. The effort is individualistic. However, before you can be a light bearer you must come to the light of the gospel of Christ. The darkened world waits for your light; let your own too so..o..o..o shine before men.

Chɑllenge: "The world is longing to see the light."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, let this little light of mine shine."

Quote: "Let your own too so..o..o..o shine."

Further Reɑding: John 5:32-35

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:23am On Mar 23, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2019

SOON, IT WILL BE TIME UP
TEXT: Matthew 25:1-13

"And the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14).

Imagine you are among the twelve that Jesus gave the information in our text today. You may naturally be asking how can or when will this be? Certainly, 'Known unto God are all His works from the beginning of the world.'

Today, the gospel has been preached in nearly all the nations. The implication of this is that the Lord may come any moment from now. The challenge this poses to all believers is readiness for His coming and investment of time and talents to reach the unreached nations. Like a student writing a final degree examination, though he is not expected to major in calculating the time spent and left, yet he must be attentive to the invigilator's gentle reminder of the time left so as to attempt all necessary questions and round off well. Hence, the invigilator's sudden shout of "Pens up may not sound as a disappointing, tragic blow. The angelic invigilator will soon trumpet "Pens up!" Are you rounding off or still delaying?

Chɑllenge: "Round off and get ready to stop."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to finish strong and well."

Quote: "Invigilator will soon trumpet "pens up!"

Further Reɑding: Matthew 25:1-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, MARCH 23, 2019

AVOID ETERNAL SHAME: ABIDE
TEXT: 1 JOHN 2:28

"And now, little children, abide in Him; that, when He shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before Him at His coming" (1 John 2:28).

The Last Duty, a novel by Isidore Okpe who, centres on the travail of a woman whose husband was set up and whisked off to an unknown detention camp during the Biafra War. Month after month, she waited with her only son- lonely, dejected, sorrowful, hunger-stricken, and tempted. She finally succumbed to the advances of an avowed enemy of her husband and immorality was committed thereafter. Not long after, the husband suddenly came back. Unable to keep the secret, she confessed her infidelity to her husband. The heartbroken husband set their house ablaze and their tragic end followed.

The admonition of John, the beloved, to all Christians to abide is more applicable now than ever before in the light of the imminent return of our Bridegroom. Is Christ in you? Are you in Christ, saved and sanctified? Remember, "Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saved." No matter the pressure you are going through, abide. This is your confidence and security against shame when the bridegroom comes. Abide!

Chɑllenge: "Let the present wind blow you deeper in, not out of Christ."

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me faithfully abiding in the vine."

Quote: "No matter the pressure "abide!"

Further Reɑding: John 15:1-11

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22pm On Mar 24, 2019
Sunday March 17, 2019 CAMPUS CHOIR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm45Vt9M4Wk
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, MARCH 25, 2019

SEEK COUNSELS

"Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety" (Proverbs 11:14).

A dictionary defines counsel as the exchange of opinions and advice, or a consultation for guidance. As a youth there are many areas of life that you have not known because life is a process. As one who has passed through elementary school you may have experience to share with the younger ones. On the other hand, you need the counsels of better experienced persons than you are to counsel you on what the higher school and life in the larger society entail. This same principle applies to spiritual guide for spiritual excellence. Pride and refusal to seek and accept right counsels have been the ruin of many young people.

The greatest counsellor is the word of God and the Holy Spirit whom Jesus refers to in John 14 verse 26 "But the comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance whatsoever I have said unto you." You may not understand the word of God concerning a matter but Spirit-filled Church leaders can guide you.

Chɑllenge: "Youths perish for lack of godly counsels."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me wisdom to seek right counsels."

Quote: "Church leaders can guide you!"

Further Reɑding: 1 Kings 12:6-16

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:45pm On Mar 26, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019

GOD'S WORD AS HONEY

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soulMore to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb" (Psalm 19:7a, 10).

Have you ever tasted salt, sugar, sour grape and honey? How would you compare their tastes? Honey contains nutrients that make it serve as food, medicine, and sweet viscous liquid which nourishes the body. King David had a good knowledge of the value of honey. Jonathan also had an experience of the vitality of honey after a fierce battle against the Philistines (1 Samuel 14:27).

Our text describes the word as honey. It nourishes the youth that reads and meditates on it. The word cleanses you from spiritual filth and corruption which condemns to hell fire. Physical growth is a product of good food, and spiritual development is by God's word. "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes" (Psalm 19:7, 8 ). The word of God heals the believers' emotion, fears and confusion. The sinning youth is spiritually bound but if he accepts God’s word he would be delivered and made whole.

Chɑllenge: "He who rejects sweet words of blessings will sorrow in bitterness."

Prɑyer: "Father, help me study to be nourished in your word."

Quote: "The statutes of the LORD are right."

Further Reɑding: Psalms 119:49-56

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 27, 2019

THE WORD AS A PURIFIER
TEXT: JOHN 17:17

"Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth" (John 17:17).

Most raw materials pass through a treatment process before they are used for better services. Crude petroleum oil is refined to separate products like cooking gas, fuels of different grades to power vehicles and final residue asphalt for road construction. Raw gold is usually unattractive, being associated with other materials. Durable gold shines out when it is refined by fire (Revelation 3:18). An unconverted youth is raw and unrefined. The raw nature makes him to sin at will and get involved in many vices.

Before a youth can serve God at the level God plans for him, he must be purified. "For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness" (1 Thessalonians 4:7). Before the sons of Aaron joined the priesthood of their father, they were washed and well appareled. In the New Testament era, the word is the purifier. When a sinner youth accepts the word of God which convicts him of sins, he repents and stops to commit any known sin. He thirsts for heart purity and avoids every appearance of evil. Sanctification is a must!

Chɑllenge: "Have you been purified and made holy?"

Prɑyer: "Oh God, I pray today let your word purify me."

Quote: "An unconverted youth is raw."

Further Reɑding: Malachi 3:1-6

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:20pm On Mar 28, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, MARCH 28, 2019

GOD'S SEARCH ENGINE
TEXT: HEBREW 4:11-13

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spiritand is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrew 4:12).

The first day Osaze heard an evangelist who described his sins and stubbornness at the school fellowship; he thought the man lived beside his house. He was scared that the preacher would even mention his name. The head teacher had introduced the evangelist as a person who came from another town. He had fought with his elder brother before coming to school that day. When the altar call was made he came out to give his life to Christ in total repentance.

The text highlights the power of God's word. There is no heart that it cannot penetrate. When the word shines into the human conscience it exposes every 'dark spot.' It replays like a video clip, the secret acts of the youth. Some hardened sinners become angry at the preacher of the word of God. Some continue with their sins and condemnation. The wise youth submits to rebuke and correction. A guilty heart has no peace. Search yourself by the word like King David who prayed "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts" (Psalm 139; 23).

Chɑllenge: "Let your conscience be cleared and confirmed by God's word."

Prɑyer: "Search me O God and keep me pure."

Quote: "Search yourself by the word."

Further Reɑding: Hebrews 4:11-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, MARCH 29, 2019

AMNON COMMITS INCEST
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 13:1-5

"And it came to pass after this, that Absalom the son of David had a fair sister, whose name was ; and Amnon the son of David loved her" (2 Samuel 13:1).

When the word of God is rejected in preference to ungodly counsels the end is damnation. Amnon was the first born of King David. He was a highly respected prince of a powerful king in the world at that time. He became sick because of constant immoral thoughts and lust. His cousin, Jonadab, who was cunning and subtle counseled him to commit an abominable immorality. Amnon eventually raped Tamar. After satisfying his shameful desire, he hated her with evil passion and told his servants to cast her out.

Tamar who was careless in response to Amnon's tactics, became desolate in Absalom's house. There was no record that she ever married in Israel (2 Samuel 13:20). Amnon was slaughtered in a party by Absalom's boys. His evil adviser was the one who announced the reason for his murder. We learn here that we should not have evil persons as our friends and counsellors. They will be first to announce your fall and shame. Beware not to offend young dangerous people like Absalom who never forgive but will not rebuke openly. Flee from every appearance of evil.

Chɑllenge: "Rape and incest are twin crime. Avoid them."

Prɑyer: "Lord, keep me from abominable immorality."

Quote: "Flee from every appearance of evil."

Further Reɑding: 2 Samuel 13:1-5

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, MARCH 30, 2019

DINAH CARELESSNESS
TEXT: GENESIS 34:1

"And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which she bare unto Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land" (Genesis 34:1).

Dinah was the only named daughter of Israel whom God favoured with abundance from the womb. She had twelve brothers who tenderly loved her and could defend her against any threat. She had a loving father who could spare anything for her welfare. She had enough play ground with her family members but she chose to associate with the heathen around them. She went roaming for pleasure. She was defiled by a heathen prince. What a shame and disgrace she brought to herself and her family!

Temptations get empowered when you neglect precautions. There is a level you can play with an ungodly peer. Remember, that every sinner is an instrument in the hands of the devil. He could use your sinner mate to set you up. Dinah should have saved her name and family. There is no record that she ever married or had children. As a Christian youth, be careful never to allow the enemy, Satan, take advantage of your weak moment to catch you unawares. Watch at the times of excitement, success and joyful celebrations, knowing that the days are evil.

Chɑllenge: "Ungodly associations you fail to break will separate you from God."

Prɑyer: "Lord, deliver me from careless visitations and friendships."

Quote: "Watch at times of excitement."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 5:1-13

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:06am On Mar 31, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, MARCH 31, 2019

RUTH DETERMINATION
TEXT: RUTH 1:10-18

"And Ruth said, me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou , I will go; and where thou , I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God" (Ruth 1:16).

Pastor Myles Munroe said "All men are sent to the world with limitless credit but few draw to their full extent. When a man puts a limit on what he can be, he has put a limit on what he will be. A man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore." Ruth truly removed her sight off the shore of Moab, her native land, and dared to go with her mother-in-law into the unknown field, Bethlehem-Judah. She had been with the miracle working God of Abraham through her in-laws. She believed that the same God would help her in Israel.

The odds of discouragement were many. They included the pains of a childless marriage and her dead husband. Her mother-in-law was old and might die anytime, yet she cleaved to her. She portrays the type of consecration God expects from you to Christ. You must be courageous enough to take your eyes and ears away from sinful detractors and mockers. Desist from fears and doubts about the promises of God.

Chɑllenge: "Determination precedes great breakthroughs."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me grace to earnestly trust you for daily success."

Quote: "You must be courageous."

Further Reɑding: Ruth 1:10-18

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:01am On Apr 01, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2019

COVETOUSNESS FORBIDDEN
TEXT: LUKE 12:15

"And He said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth" (Luke 12:15).

On World Happiness Report (2017), Simon Denyer wrote that "The findings of a study of happiness among Chinese have dropped drastically in the past 25 years." In the midst of increasing wealth from poverty level, true happiness depreciates. Sometimes, we read of wealthy people who die from strange diseases, depression, abnormal blood pressure, almost an endless list of fiction-like stories, yet true. Covetousness is an uncontrolled desire for material things.

Our text is a discourse between Jesus and a man who wanted Him to persuade his brother to divide inheritance between them. This is typical of the daily struggles of youth after wealth which in most cases has nothing to add to their survival in life. The reply of our Lord implies that life is more valuable than earthly gains. Many ungodly young people think that happiness depends on accumulation of wealth. They run after money, honour and popularity. Some even join cult to actualise the presumed pleasure. Covetousness ruined Achan, Gehazi and Judas Iscariot. They soon discovered the emptiness of their futile pursuits. Godliness with contentment is a great gain!

Chɑllenge: "Seek after heavenly treasures rather than earthly ones that fades away."

Prɑyer: "From today, I refuse to covet vanity, in Jesus name."

Quote: "Godliness with contentment is a great gain."

Further Reɑding: Joshua 7:20-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:25am On Apr 02, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, APRIL 2, 2019

THE LOTS OF SCHOOL DROPOUTS
TEXT: HEBREWS 6:12

"That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises" (Hebrews 6:12).

A young girl did excellently well in her first-semester examination. In the following semester, she started associating with a group of boys and girls who dressed seductively and engaged in vices around the campus environment. In the second semester, she became very irregular at class and could not write the examinations. Her gang took much of her time and they also had challenges with law enforcement agents. She dropped out of school with pregnancy for an unknown man.

The fates of many youths are hanging in the balance because they were slothful while their mates spent time in profitable ventures. They abhorred school fellowship and put on air of superiority. Their latter end is usually regrettable. Christian youths must balance their spiritual and academic or vocational life well. Allocate time for all fruitful ventures so that you will not lack in any area. The life of a drop-out is an uncompleted project. You are a divine project, never to be abandoned. You will never be a drop-out in Jesus' name.

Chɑllenge: "The slothful lacks in the hour of need."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to make adequate use of my time now."

Quote: "You are a divine project."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 10:2-9

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 3, 2019

WORTHY WALK
TEXT: ACTS 11:20-26

"That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God" (Colossians 1:10).

Your life is very important to God. He has therefore purposed to bless you as He blessed Abraham and made him a blessing to the whole world. When you were a child, walking was difficult. Think about how you grew and mastered not only walking but running. It was God that gave you wisdom and strength to attain this feat. There is another walk that God calls every youth to. That is a spiritual walk; a walk that makes you a worthy image of God and a true representative of Christ on earth.

Believing youths are to walk worthy of Christ whose name they bear. As a Christian you cannot behave like other youths who have no fear of God. They fight, steal and are involved in many sinful acts. Like Joseph, make a difference among the multitude. He was holier than all his elder brothers. In Potiphar's house, he resisted sin. In prison, he had an uncommon character. No wonder he was recommended to interpret the dreams of king Pharaoh. God was with him everywhere he went.

Chɑllenge: "A worthy walk produces worthy fruits and worthy name."

Prɑyer: "Help me to walk worthy of your calling, Oh Lord."

Quote: "Believing youths are to walk worthy."

Further Reɑding: Acts 11:20-26

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:25am On Apr 04, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, APRIL 4, 2019

PROFIT OF CAREER COUNSEL
TEXT: 2 CHRONICLES 26:3-15

"Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established" (Proverbs 15:22).

Choice making is a daily affair in the life of every person, young or old. The youth is confused about many things he has to decide on daily. Sometimes, it is which snack to buy or not. However, the choice of a career is very crucial because it will play a great role in your future. It therefore demands that you seek the assistance of a professional career counsellor for the right choice. Most schools have career guidance and counselling department where help can be sought for personal counselling by students.

There are many profits in right career choice. The profession you belong to in future begins with the right choice of subject combination. That will save you from time and energy wasted on other irrelevant subjects. It helps you to also know the type of persons to consult for materials like books or library/ website to visit. Your happiness depends on the choice you make. As a born again youth, you should also pray for God's leading in a career choice because your future is in God's hand.

Chɑllenge: "Do not choose a career by peer pressure. Seek counsels."

Prɑyer: "Lord, lead me to a profitable career."

Quote: "There are many profits in right career choice."

Further Reɑding: 2 Chronicles 26:3-15

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10am On Apr 05, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, APRIL 5, 2019

THE MENACE OF SUBSTANCE ABUSE
TEXT: Proverbs 23:29-35

"And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent" (Genesis 9:21).

John Michael "Ozzy" Osborne, an English Singer said "I am a raging alcoholic and a raging addict and I didn't want to see my kids do the same thing." Ms Susanna Mushatt Jones was reported as the oldest living person at the age of 117 years. In 2016, she claimed her long life was due to the "no smoking" principle from childhood. The former of the two characters mentioned above showed regrets of substance misuse and the latter, the blessings of abstinence from it. All things created by God are good if used right but when misused they cause harm.

In our text, Noah, the holy head of eight survivors of God's flood of judgment, became drunk and naked. In the rage of discovering the mockery of one of his sons, he placed a curse on him. The influence of drugs, alcohol, smoking leads to lots of vices such as armed robbery, rape and violence. All God-fearing youths are warned to desist from substance abuse. The answer to drunkenness is to say "NO" to intoxicants. Substance abuse shortens the user's life span. Flee drug abuse.

Chɑllenge: "A way out of shame is the rejection of intoxicants."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me never to have appetite for anything harmful."

Quote: "Flee drug abuse."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 23:29-35

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:29am On Apr 06, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, APRIL 6, 2019

PUBERTY AND PURITY
TEXT: 1 TIMOTHY 5:2

"The elder women as mothers; the younger as sisters, with all purity" (1 Timothy 5:2).

When a child develops normally he grows by increase in size and height. Puberty sets in maturing body parts which makes him/her turn into an adult. Most times physical bodily development does not necessarily make you emotionally mature. Many youths misunderstand this stage of life. They want total freedom, resist control from parents and guardians and become stubborn. Godly youths like Isaac, Joseph, Esther and daughters of Philip the Evangelist, did not defile themselves or rebel against their parents and guardians.

Naturally, your body may crave for pleasure and desire to do like the unregenerate youths. Seek to preserve yourself in purity. To overcome sinful tendencies you tell yourself "I am fasting." When people fast they do not eat though they may have access to several delicious foods. They know that after the fast they will have liberty to eat. Your fast against attraction to the opposite gender may take some years but there are blessings at the end. Remember Joseph and Esther who endured such temptations. To succeed, maintain self-discipline, read your Bible, pray and be active in Church services.

Chɑllenge: "Grow in grace as you grow in body."

Prɑyer: "Help me oh God to keep pure."

Quote: "Seek to preserve yourself in purity."

Further Reɑding: Genesis 39:7-12

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, APRIL 7, 2019

BUSY HANDS
TEXT: GENESIS 29:1-10

"She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands" (Proverbs 31:13).

A Spanish painter and sculptor Pablo Picasso said: "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it." This principle made him excel in several other professions as a printmaker, ceramicist, stage designer, poet and playwright. From the Garden of Eden, God gave man work to do (Genesis 2:15). He that does not work ought not to eat. The virtue of the woman in our text is her ability to support the daily needs of her family including clothing her husband.

As a youth, you have full unexpended strength. God gave it to you to utilise for your personal benefits and that of humanity. What are you adding to your life, family, church, school, community and nation? Do not refrain from doing something to support the home even where there are servants. In your Church, you can help maintain and arrange the seats before service. Other opportunities abound in singing, playing musical instruments and handling electronic equipment. Learn to do something with your hands. Plan your time table and study to excel.

Chɑllenge: "In every labour there is profit."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me the wisdom to balance my strength for essential duties."

Quote: "Plan your timetable and study to excel."

Further Reɑding: Genesis 29:1-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:02pm On Apr 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, APRIL 8, 2019

THE WORLD AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
TEXT: DANIEL 1:8-20

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God" (Romans 12:2).

There are about 196 independent countries in the world. In 2017, a 28-year-old American woman, Cassandra (Cassie) De Pecol completed a tour of all these countries in 18 months and 26 days. The inventions of the modern world have brought the world at the fingertips of youths. The benefits are numerous across all spheres of learning. Every event is promptly passed across the world. Nothing is hidden from all who want to know. Parents now find it difficult to limit their children to what should be accessed by them.

Our text, today warns against conformity with the evil associated with the world. The world is corrupted through the misuse of technological devices and other inventions. The problem of some media houses is that they hawk crime, immorality, and other evils which destroy the souls of unguided and unguarded youths. The Bible is our compass that helps us to navigate the sea of this evil world system without being sunk in it. As a youth, you must accept only things that please God. Live with technology without any moral defilement and compromise.

Chɑllenge: "Technology is made of man. Control its use."

Prɑyer: "Lord, give me wisdom to discern good from evil."

Quote: "The Bible is our compass."

Further Reɑding: Daniel 1:8-20

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2019.

CHOOSING A CAREER
TEXT: EXODUS 35:30-35

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23).

Adam had freedom to dwell in and dress the Garden of Eden. He lost the paradise and became a farmer with hard labour due to sin. Every youth has the same blank cheque to choose a profitable future. Scriptures have records of some career saints who used their talents to support the work of God on earth. Bezaleel and Aholiab were engineers who built the tabernacle in the wilderness. David was a shepherd and soldier. Daniel was a political adviser, Luke a physician and Paul a lawyer. Profession comes through choice, training and regular practice.

The choice of a career should not be difficult for a child of God. "For as many as are led by the spirit of God, they are the sons of God" (Romans 8:14). God still guides by dream, His word, Holy Spirit impression or perception, vision and ministers of the gospel. Other ways of understanding a possible profession is to look at things you like and delight in doing and subject areas you excel in. Whatever your career choice, God has the right to use you for His better service.

Chɑllenge: "Your ability, interest, attitude and aptitude matter in career choice."

Prɑyer: "O God, direct my choice of career, in Jesus name."

Quote: "God still guides."

Further Reɑding: Exodus 35:30-35

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 10, 2019

EXAMINATION TIPS
TEXT: Daniel 2:12-22

"If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them" (John 13:17).

Examination malpractice has become so pervasive in some countries that various examination bodies are always devising methods of curbing it. Examination is designed to test your ability in what you have been taught or are expected to have learnt. Questions are set based on the school syllabus.

The studious Christian student does not have to cheat to pass his/her examination. First, he has God who holds the secret of all secrets. Second, he/she has the subject syllabus to prepare for the examination. Third, there are past questions to study and attempt as a personal mock examination. Other examination tips include early preparation; memorizing key ideas and formulae; and taking summary notes for easy recall. During examination get to the venue in good time and do not try to revise in the last moment. Read the questions properly; jot down points on the answers before you tackle the questions. Avoid panic and present your work neatly in legible writing. When short on time write summary of the answers. Like Daniel, before the examination, ask God to guide you to possible questions and solutions to hard ones.

Chɑllenge: "Do your best and leave the rest for God to perfect."

Prɑyer: "Oh Lord, give me a retentive memory."

Quote: "Ask God to guide you."

Further Reɑding: Daniel 2:12-22

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY APRIL 11, 2019

PECULIAR BUT NOT POPULAR
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 1:10-31

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called" (1 Corinthians 1:26).

The story was told of a missionary in an oil rich country who was very familiar with the people and the terrain. A foreign oil exploration corporation wanted his service. The employers in the corporation promised him a huge sum of money but he declined to accept the job. They doubled the previous amount; yet you refused to accept it. Disturbed by his lack of interest in such sum of money, they asked why he declined their job and money. His reply was that the amount was more than enough for the job but for him their job was too small for him. He knew he was called of God to preach the gospel in that nation.

The call to Christians is peculiar and priceless. It has been described as a holy calling, a high calling, a humble calling and a heavenly calling. The world sees nothing good in our calling, yet heaven applauds us. The youth is called to salvation, holiness and service. He/she should not toy with that salvation that is a privileged gift provided through the sacrificial death of Jesus at Calvary.

Chɑllenge: "It is too expensive to play with your salvation."

Prɑyer: "Lord, I thank you for making me a peculiar kingdom citizen."

Quote: "The world sees nothing good in our calling."

Further Reɑding: 1 Corinthians 1:21-31

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY APRIL 12, 2019

SIN IN THE CHURCH SPOTTED
TEXT: ACTS 5:1-11

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?" (Acts 5:3).

In 2017, in an African country, a man was caught on CCTV satellite camera stealing in a large church auditorium. Congregants filedup to give their offerings, instead of adding, he stole from the bowl of money. Technology has become a watchdog at events yet crimes are covered without detection most times. The Holy Spirit knows all things. No one can hide from Him. He taught Prophet Isaiah that the world was round when there was no space science (Isaiah 40:22). He exposed covetous Achan and Gehazi and the secret of Syrian army to Elisha.

Ananias and his wife had a deal to present money from the sale of their land. They lied because they wanted to be honoured and counted amongst free will givers. They only brought part of the sale. They thought they were lying to men but they were lying to the Holy Spirit who sees all the secrets of every creature. This incident in the early church teaches us that God is interested in our actions, watching and weighing whatever we do. Darkness cannot hide your secret from God.

Chɑllenge: "Nothing can be hid from God."

Prɑyer: "God, make me conscious of your watching eyes when I am tempted."

Quote: "Darkness cannot hide your secret from God."

Further Reɑding: Joshua 7:10-23

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, APRIL 13, 2019

SPEAK THE TRUTH
TEXT: COLOSSIANS 3:5-10

"Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds" (Colossians 3:9).

The hymn writer says, "Only the truth that in life we have spoken. Only the seed that on earth we have sown. These shall pass onward when we are forgotten. Fruits of the harvest and what we have done." Some people are known to be transparently honest, truthful and trustworthy. They are not known to tell lies or get involved in crooked deals. However, there are others who lie profusely. Such ones cannot be entrusted with important responsibilities such as being appointed a judge, head of a commission of enquiry, Church minister or school head prefect. According to Cicero, "A liar is not believed even though he tells the truth."

God's word says, "Mercy and truth are merged together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other" (Psalm 85:10). We are saved by the truth. At the point of praying for salvation, accept your evils and confess all to God. Mercy and pardon are the profit of speaking the truth. Speak the truth always even if it may cause you a rebuke. Truth promotes and God rewards those who speak it. The truth is the will of God.

Chɑllenge: "All liars shall have their part in the lake of fire."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to speak the truth at all time."

Quote: "The truth is the will of God."

Further Reɑding: Colossians 3:5-10

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SUNDAY, APRIL 14, 2019

EVALUATE YOURSELF
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 9:22-27

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?" (2 Corinthians 13:5).

The events at creation, reveal that God evaluated His work at every stage and each day before creating more things. "And God saw that it was good" (Genesis 1:4, 10, 12, 17, 21). He scored His work on the sixth day describing it as, "Very good" (Genesis 1: 31). Apostle Paul assessed himself in the balance of God's word while labouring to save others. He was careful not to backslide or be a castaway from the truth and faith.

Our text, challenges us to look, think, compare and assess our spiritual life in the light of the gospel truth. The pattern of God's assessment is the way we should examine our lives, studies and services whether at school or at home. Some careless young people boast of their ability to withstand any temptation. They err because the enemy knows how to attack the boasters. Instead of boasting, pray and seek God's grace for daily victory. A sincere personal report makes you shine brighter. It helps you to improve where you are weak. Hypocrites who flatter themselves in self-righteousness shall be disappointed.

Chɑllenge: "Are you sure you are born again?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to know my true spiritual state."

Quote: "Hypocrites...shall be disappointed."

Further Reɑding: 1 Corinthians 9:22-27

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2019

THINK OUT OF THE BOX
TEXT: 1 CORINTHIANS 9:22-27

"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it" (Numbers 13:30).

Challenges lead to inventions. The necessity to improve on the lighting system in his days led the renowned Thomas A. Edison through thousands of experiments. He said, " ....to invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." The topic for consideration today is as an idiomatic expression which means creativity. It refers to the way you ought to think unconventionally to find solutions to problems.

As you look at your school, community and the general environment, what do you think about them? Do you ever reason towards improving on the present facilities like Thomas Edison who "never picked up an item without thinking of how to improve it?" Ten out of the twelve men sent to search the land of Canaan before Israel possessed it yielded to fear and hopelessness. There is always a way to victory and progress for those who 'think out of the box'. Think to solve problems. The writing of Bible commentaries and concordances make Bible study easier. See various possibilities of converting problems into opportunities. Be a Caleb, think possibilities in the face of difficulties.

Chɑllenge: "Let our meditation solve problems and not multiply them."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to add positive impact to the world."

Quote: "Think possibilities in the face of difficulties."

Further Reɑding: Acts 6:1-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:34pm On Apr 15, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
MONDAY, APRIL 15, 2019

THINK OUT OF THE BOX
TEXT: ACTS 6:1-7

"And Caleb stilled the people before Moses, and said, Let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it" (Numbers 13:30).

Challenges lead to inventions. The necessity to improve on the lighting system in his days led the renowned Thomas A. Edison through thousands of experiments. He said, " ....to invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk." The topic for consideration today is as an idiomatic expression which means creativity. It refers to the way you ought to think unconventionally to find solutions to problems.

As you look at your school, community and the general environment, what do you think about them? Do you ever reason towards improving on the present facilities like Thomas Edison who "never picked up an item without thinking of how to improve it?" Ten out of the twelve men sent to search the land of Canaan before Israel possessed it yielded to fear and hopelessness. There is always a way to victory and progress for those who 'think out of the box.' Think to solve problems. The writing of Bible commentaries and concordances make Bible study easier. See various possibilities of converting problems into opportunities. Be a Caleb, think possibilities in the face of difficulties.

Chɑllenge: "Let our meditation solve problems and not multiply them."

Prɑyer: "Lord, help me to add positive impact to the world."

Quote: "Think possibilities in the face of difficulties."

Further Reɑding: Acts 6:1-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
TUESDAY, APRIL 16, 2019

SHUN NEGATIVE INFLUENCE
TEXT: PROVERBS 1:10-19

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them" (Ephesians 5:11).

A dog called Henry and a cat named Baloo were both rescued and adopted to a couple's home in Colorado. Now the two enjoyed long walks together as if they were of the same animal species. Their owner, Cynthia, explained that Baloo thinks it was a dog. If it saw a cat it ignored it. The small cat slept beside the dog and sometimes climbed on the giant dog to carry it about. Their unlikely friendship attracted hundreds of thousands of fans.

The duo above is a clear reflection of influence built up through association. Your friends, peers, schoolmates and Church fellowship friend have great influences on you. Negative influences come from people or media who encourage sin and vices. They must be avoided. Some youths are aggressive and fierce in attitude. Others are subtle and cunning. They lower your zeal for God, and cause you to slide into evils you really don't want to do. Negative influence destroys and corrupts good youths. Select people who positively impact you and cause you to blossom in godliness.

Chɑllenge: "Flee from corrupting influence of bad peers."

Prɑyer: "Oh God, deliver me from evil influence of peers."

Quote: "Select people who positively impart you."

Further Reɑding: Proverbs 1:10-19

See more here:

Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11am On Apr 17, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2019

KEEP YOURSELF PURE
TEXT: EPHESIANS 5:1-7

"Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure" (1 Timothy 5:22).

Purity is a desirable quality. It is a state of freedom from pollution and adulteration. Some stains are indelible just as some actions are irreversible. Esau lost his birthright when he valued a plate of pottage more than his lifetime right. His younger brother Jacob (Israel) to whom he sold it retained the blessing and passed it onto his descendants.

Sin is such a bad stain that no fuller soap can wash it off. Thank God for the blood of His Son Jesus that blots away the sins of all penitent sinners. The law is given to warn and save "...the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, manslayers" (1 Timothy 1:9). Any youth who delays may lose the chance to be cleansed before eternity of hopelessness sets in. As a Christian, you must not toy with your present salvation rather grow in grace and commitment to the Lord. Only those who keep their garments of righteousness spotless shall experience the final salvation (Matthew 24:12, 13). Watch and pray that you may remain pure.

Chɑllenge: "Can your purity pass in God's searchlight?"

Prɑyer: "Keep me holy, oh Lord."

Quote: "Watch and pray that you may remain pure."

Further Reɑding: Ephesians 5:1-7

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:32am On Apr 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
THURSDAY, APRIL 18, 2019

BE A HARVESTER
TEXT: JOHN 1:40-49

"I sent you to reap that whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and ye are entered into their labours" (John 4:38).

Every believing youth is a commissioned soul winner for Jesus. A song writer has this motivational song: "send the gospel of salvation, to a world of dying men; tell it out to every nation, till the Lord shall come again. Go and tell them, go and tell them, Jesus died for sinful men. Go and tell them, go and tell them, He is coming, He is coming, He is coming back again." Jesus' return is very soon and sure. The ready righteous saints are eagerly calling for His return. Preach the gospel to all creatures while waiting for His return.

Many youths are living in sin, heading to hell-fire. If you are born again you are to harvest them to Christ through preaching the gospel. Our Lord Jesus told Peter and Andrew to follow Him and fish for men from this evil world. Arise to the challenge of rescuing your friends, schoolmates, peers and neighbours! You can also form an evangelism team with other saved youths. Jesus is coming soon to judge the world. Save a soul today.

Chɑllenge: "Have you ever won a soul for Jesus?"

Prɑyer: "Lord, make me a soul winner for Jesus."

Quote: "Save a soul today."

Further Reɑding: John 1:40-49

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00am On Apr 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
FRIDAY, APRIL 19, 2019

LOVE NOT THE WORLD
TEXT: 1 JOHN 2:15-17

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him" (1 John 2:15).

Our Lord Jesus and the apostles spoke so much about the world, warning believers never to compromise with the evil of the world. The system of the world is so liberal and permissive. It is a system that disregards God's control, parental honour, respect for teachers, and so on. It is a system that is opposed to the commandments of God. The youth who holds on to the world disobeys God and misses heaven's mark now and in eternity.

The 'New Age' is an era where youths live for anything. For them, freedom is the misuse of their bodies. However, the Bible says, your body is the temple of God. It belongs to Him by creation and if you are born again you were bought by the blood of Jesus Christ. (Romans 6:15-20). You cannot submit your body to be destroyed by bleaching, tattoos, fornication, drug abuse and homosexual practice. The wrong use of the body is the major cause of strange diseases and mental derangement. Keep yourself from the evil system. Let the Father's love remain in you.

Chɑllenge: "Keep yourself as the temple of God."

Prɑyer: "Give me love for righteousness, oh God."

Quote: "Keep yourself from the evil system."

Further Reɑding: 1 John 2:15-17 Romans 12:1-3

See more here:
Re: Higher Everyday — God Made Man A Worker by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:29am On Apr 22, 2019
Higher Everydɑy
SATURDAY, APRIL 20, 2019

HONOUR GOD
TEXT: MALACHI 3:5-14

"Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase" (Proverbs 3:9).

A song writer says "Give of your best to the Master; give of the strength of your youth. Give Him first place in your heart. Give Him the best that you have." This aptly describes how a youth should honour God. Giving is the means to prosperity. Give the tithe. Tithe is one-tenth of your income or gifts you get. Tithe and offerings are to be given by all children of God. A widow gave only two insignificant mites yet Jesus described her as the best giver.

At the building of Solomon's temple in Jerusalem (1 Kings 6:7), all materials were pre-fabricated such that noise of instrument was not heard at the site. Expensive gold and other pearls were used. Holy men of God gave joyfully for the service of God. Abraham gave tithe to Priest Melchizedek. Jacob, David and Solomon also gave. In the New Testament, Jesus approved tithing but it is after turning away from sin. Barnabas sold his land and gave to support the Church work. God reckons with the percentage we give not necessarily the amount. Give with reverence to God.

Chɑllenge: "Giving is a command and it's honour God."

Prɑyer: "To you be all the glory and honour, oh God."

Quote: "Give with reference to God."

Further Reɑding: Malachi 3:5-14

See more here:

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (112) (Reply)

Christ Embassy's New Social Website / Yookos.com – Christ Embassy’s Social Networking Site.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.