Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,645 members, 7,823,830 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister (28665 Views)

Formal Kano State Governor Ibrahim Shekarau Among The Dead? #danacrash / Breaking News Ibrahim Shekarau Arrested By Sss Over Sponsorship Of Boko Haram / Will You Support Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau For President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by himselfmaji(m): 3:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
Let him address the lingering issues of ASUP first before I go give am advice.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by chloride6: 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
bokoslayer:

Mallam Shekarau has been a teacher all his life. Who else would fit that ministry other than a teacher?
. What are you talking about? This is man who believes that polio vaccinations make women infertile . Before you question the veracity of this claim, wiki is your friend
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by iphedahyor(m): 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
i stand to be corrected....but I thought Neyson Olodo Wike was/is the minister 4 education.
What happened to him?
What do u tthink we happen to him now that this odaran had been appointed since there is no gubernatorial ticket 4 him again.
.......o ma shey ooo......R.I.P in advance to the political career of WIKE
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by okotv(m): 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2014
[quote author=motif8][/quote]...please can we just stop this agric minister is performing issue cause the prices of market comodities is rising...and comparing nigerian politics to other countries around the world is so unfair
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 09, 2014
iphedahyor: i stand to be corrected....but I thought Neyson Olodo Wike was/is the minister 4 education.
What happened to him?
What do u tthink we happen to him now that this odaran had been appointed since there is no gubernatorial ticket 4 him again.
.......o ma shey ooo......R.I.P in advance to the political career of WIKE

Wike was initially the Minister of State for education,until Prof (Mrs ) Rufai was removed as Minister of education....after which he assumed her duties as Supervisory Minister of Education until Mr Shekarau's appointment.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by Skillz02(m): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2014
Preparing for 2015...na wa o,,,
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by bokoslayer: 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
chloride6: . What are you talking about? This is man who believes that polio vaccinations make women infertile . Before you question the veracity of this claim, wiki is your friend

He should not have dabbled into that if what you said is true, he is not a medical doctor.
...but He is the education minister, there's nothing you can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by EMMABC1(m): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
1United1: So Wike The Tout, Is Gonna Cry Otuoke River Today?

Last Bullet: Why Do They Always Reserve An Important Sector Like Education Ministry For Incompetent, Failed And Useless Politicians?

From Igwe Ajanwanchuku, Sam Egwu, Wike and Now Shekau (sorry Shekarau)
The same portfolio was given to "Saint" Prof Adenike Grange who came and not only messed up d system but also embezzled huge money in billions, meant for d sector. So who then is the right persn?

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by snadguy007(m): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Another Politician as Education minister again ??

I cry for our education sector.....going from bad to worst
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
bokoslayer:

Mallam Shekarau has been a teacher all his life. Who else would fit that ministry other than a teacher?
has his record as a teacher changed education sector in kano state during his 8 year tenure as governor?
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by bokoslayer: 3:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
joker5180: has his record as a teacher changed education sector in kano state during his 8 year tenure as governor?

Even if GEJ makes God himself the Minister of Education, Nigerians will still moan and complain. I tire.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by davidif: 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
idumuose:
You are right bro.Just as nothing will ever change about you.You will always be where you are any day any time.

What's with the personal attacks? He stated his opinion and you are attacking him for it! Na wa o. Why can't people be civil and respectful of one another?
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by iphedahyor(m): 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
bokoslayer:

He would definitely work with GEJ and also do the work he's been assigned to do; which is excelling in a ministry where known Professors have failed woefully.
what exactly are you insinuating
Are you trying to say Professor Rukayat Rufai failed......please don't start.....
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by Joe88(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
LMAyedun: Shekarau is more of a politician than an Educator.

I knw the major assignment for Shekarau is not in the Education system but to help deliver Kano state for Gej & PDP come 2015.
I am happy you saw beyond the blanket. I tot I was alone
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by idumuose(m): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
davidif:

What's with the personal attacks? He stated his opinion and you are attacking him for it! Na wa o. Why can't people be civil and respectful of one another?
Is Tinubu civil? Is Aregbe civil? Is Omisore civil? Is Olisa metuh civil? This is politics section and not a civil society.

Take your civility to romance or health section.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by vitality22(m): 4:10pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ezedon: you are stupid
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you honestly got me cracking grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dont mind the guy, he started by telling you, you are correct grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by abbakacici: 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2014
Before the the end of year the Nigerians will crying and calling for wike back, Shekarau will the greatest disaster to Education in Nigeria.
list of his achievement in Education sector while he was governor of Kano state.
1) the minimum requirement of teacher in senior secondary school was drop from B.ed to NCE to allow more incompetent/politician have teaching jobs
2) the enrolment of primary and secondary student drop from 75% to 50%
3) kano state drop In weac and Neco from around 10-12 to 24-28th
4) Kano state university wudil became a glorified secondary school
5) Kano school of education became a dating zone no more a college and even worst lecturer with masters is not allowed to teacher
6) school of Agric vanish into thin air
7) minimum requirement of having scholarship drop from 5 credit to 2 credit and still most student could make it,
coolno open scholarship for master and phd, as long as you know a commissioner you are good to go, thus graduate with 2.2 could find scholarship with some with first class is left out
9) kano polytechnic want for strike for almost one year
10) minimum student per class was increase from 60 to 200 student per class. the list goes on

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by Ezedon(m): 4:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
vitality22:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you honestly got me cracking grin grin grin grin grin grin grin dont mind the guy, he started by telling you, you are correct grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you are highly welcome my man
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by davidif: 4:57pm On Jul 09, 2014
idumuose:
Is Tinubu civil? Is Aregbe civil? Is Omisore civil? Is Olisa metuh civil? This is politics section and not a civil society.

Take your civility to romance or health section.

Why can't you rise above the fray and be the better man instead of stooping down to there level?
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by feedthenation(m): 5:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
How will he perform between now and 2015?

Wike will now have enough time to terrorise Amaechi.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
LMAyedun: Shekarau is more of a politician than an Educator.

I knw the major assignment for Shekarau is not in the Education system but to help deliver Kano state for Gej & PDP come 2015.
Joe guy well done
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by LivingSoul34: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
What an irony! One Shekarau said western education is a sin and he is going about killing people and burning down school to prove his point but he another Shekarau has been made the minister of education. I wish the new minister of education the best...
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by idumuose(m): 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
davidif:

Why can't you rise above the fray and be the better man instead of stooping down to there level?
Bro you won't believe me i feel low stooping low to their level - word for word,abuse for abuse,Rice for Rice‎​​​grin grin .

Here in politics section ' i no be gentleman at all oo' - Fela

Civility does not and cannot work here in politics section as there are so many e-touts here.You don't treat urchins with humour or frivolity.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by motif8(m): 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2014
@ okotv, pls politics remain the same every where and we will continue to compare ours with others. On shekarau`s appoitment pls check his profile and tell me if he is not qualified to hold that office, even if Jona is playing compensation game everything is still in line with merit, i believe he will perform, i have checked is profile and i think he deserve it. On the agric minister you cant say he his not trying, if any other minister continue at his pace in the nearest future we will have something to cheer about

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by Itoroetti(m): 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
1United1: Jonathan is a disgrace to civilization! It will never augur well for him!

it will also never augur well for u,ur dreams and ambitions.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by melodek(m): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
May God deliver our future from this leader that has no plan for us.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by ahika(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
From Governor to Minister, na only dem go chop Nigeria money? Make dem give way for new comers/youth na #there is God o
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by domneut29: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
CHECK OUT THIS MUSIC... YOUTUBE... NEUT DOMINICS... MAMA AFRICA TO DORAH AKUNYILI
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by lakesider(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2014
I am not a pdp person neither am I a lover of gej.I think this is a wise decision.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by daryoor(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
could oga jona choose a exclusively pdp cabinet .....no!!

all of una go analyse watin una no know, shekarau cant sell kano for a less than a year ministerial appointment.
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by sagio09: 6:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
During shekarau's era in his governmental office,he nd his men just satin the office nd equally divide all d kano state govt budget 2 themselves. But although his incompetency,he's far far better than ALL the SOUTHERN POLITICIANS out there.What a bunch of illeterates. grin
Re: Ibrahim Shekarau Now Education Minister by miqos02(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2014
bokoslayer:

so was the former woman min of education, what did she achieved?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Absent At APC Lawmakers’ Peace Meeting - CHANNELS TV / Gowon: No Regrets Fighting Civil War / Buhari Addressed The Issue Of ‘first 100 Days In Office In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.