Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

FIFA Suspends Nigeria - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Suspends Nigeria (46195 Views)

Fifa Suspends Nigeria For Government Interference / BREAKING NEWS. Fifa Suspends Nigeria / Adidas Suspends Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
cheesy cheesy
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by JEITO: 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2014
It is expected. Infact, I even expected the president to disband all national teams( both male and female). Let's take 2-3years break from football and build the game from the scratch with young boys and girls that will not only be taught the rudiment of on-field football, but off-field conduct and very importantly, National pride and pursuance of excellence. My only fear is that the government will soon resend its decision to suspend the NFF officials
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by biomedixexcel(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hmmmm Fifa
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by otokx(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
GEJ should not have paid those Yobo/Keshi all those millions. He should learn a lesson from this. GLO now too we save money. Shebi Keshi was requesting for some millions per month to continue? This is a blessing in disguise.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nigeria should ignore FIFA and set up a new NFF with a new mandate to improve our local league

FIFA can not dictate to Nigeria

Football authorities within our jurisdiction must subject themselves to the authorities in the land

FIFA can not benefit from the resource of the state only to turn around to exclude the state from involvement in football

Just does not work

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by arnold75(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2014
Syenite: You people saying goodnews need ur head re-examined. U people are d real enemies of Nigerian football.
Do u know our U17 team is scheduled to play DR Congo in U17 WC qualifiers next weekend? Do u know our Falconets have travelled to Canada where dey will take part in FIFA U20 WC?

I pray our chalk brained authorities do d needful and get FIFA to reverse the ban.

Haba was Nigeria the only country dat had a disappointing WC ounting?

Going by our reactions in Nigeria, English, Spanish and Italian fans should have murdered all their players and officials by now.

The other day some Nigerians were happy that France beat Nigeria. I don't understand these people. angry
I think you are missing some things out. Massive fraud was uncovered and there is a court case which apparently has nothing to do with govt.i guess they need to fill us in with all the news. For the ban? We have nothing to loose, thatz my penny.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Imoy(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
Syenite: You people saying goodnews need ur head re-examined. U people are d real enemies of Nigerian football.
Do u know our U17 team is scheduled to play DR Congo in U17 WC qualifiers next weekend? Do u know our Falconets have travelled to Canada where dey will take part in FIFA U20 WC?

I pray our chalk brained authorities do d needful and get FIFA to reverse the ban.

Going by our reactions in Nigeria, English, Spanish and Italian fans should have murdered all their players and officials by now.

The other day some Nigerians were happy that France beat Nigeria. I don't understand these people. angry

Hellooo. It is not the outcome or outing of the S.E that prompted the reactions frm our leaders, rather it is the mismanagement of funds by NFF and its executive committee dat prompted the action by David mark to dissolve them. So stop saying Nigerians reacted bad to the outing of S.E.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
tim411:

Bedminton? Which one be dat ..on top bed
yes now its the most interesting game in the world
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by rash47(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
Heeeee, i don laugh tire! You really catalogue nija woes. May the lord help the downtrodden in this country.
retepmurt: This country called Nigeria get a lot of problems o.
FIFA again,they dont even mind wht the country is going thru in the hands of these boko haram members.
Doctors too dey on strike,all govt hospitals in the country are closed,thousands of Helpless Nigerians die daily,if u ve nt fallen a victim,u no go know.
Jobless youths in their millions,some dey wallow in abject poverty under their parents,girls dey do prostitution,some guys engage in nefarious and heinous activities,many don become 'accidental' musicians and dancers.
Our politicians are nw political jobbers.
Electricity tarrifs don go haywire,despite the fact say the country is in total darkness courtesy of these greedy politicians who bought our Nepa.
Jonathan dey Abuja dey hold meetings with fraudulent committess that are made up of questionable xters.
Corruption don turn cankerworms and has eaten deep into the fabric of Nigeria economy.
Who go safe Nigeria.I hp God no go suspend Nigeria one day.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by LilPeezy(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
adenitemi: Other teams are winning 7-1, ours are getting banned!!! Naija, I hail ooOOOoooOOoOO!!!
ban or suspension? Guy wake up ur idea
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by teniola55(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2014
safarigirl: Nonsense people, I hope these eediots are happy now.

Una think say una be Germany wey dem no fit ban? All my own be say I wan see my _-20 boys for AYC and U-20 WC next year, so they better arrange themselves sharply anyhow dem wan do am.

How much the NFF people thief sef wey politicians never thief pass? Useless hypocrites
what you just typed shouldn't be coming out from a respectable lady like you!...We have to fight against corruption for the betterment of our country..AND WE HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE...ONE DAY NEMESIS WILL CATCH UP WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED POLITICIANS
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Mayor88(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2014
Sijo01: cheesy cheesy cheesy
Is the suspension indefinite
yes o
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
If FIFA attempts to stop Nigeria from taking part in the next Nations cup then Nigeria should take CAF to court and seek an injunction to stop the next Nations cup if possible
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
AbuMikey:

Fu#k it!!!
You and fvck today. Nawao!
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2014
When will APC be blamed for this FIFA ban?
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by IYANGBALI: 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2014
teniola55: what you just typed shouldn't be coming out from a respectable lady like you!...We have to fight against corruption for the betterment of our country..AND WE HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE...ONE DAY NEMESIS WILL CATCH UP WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED POLITICIANS
what do you expect from maigari's concubine?
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by jaypee100: 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2014
Both Fifa and Blatter are bluffs they shd go to hell. Today they rememba Nigeria when they couldn't inverstigate Onazi's injury just because he is black. They are encouraging official corruption within and outside the organization.
That's the reason he had remine there for over 18 years. they use this corrupt official to steal our money to fund football elsewhere at our expense yet ll never allow us to cross round of! 16. Blatter plx note this is tax payers money. Thus here in Africa government sponsors football and as such an investor must monitor his invesment its not your so call interference.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by chinex276(m): 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2014
#Fifa bu kwa alobam.
At least 4 sometym we wount get 2 c dat slow turtle MIKEL, play again. Did i hear some one say wat of in chelsea?? Hahahahahaha... I laff, his bench has been customised(FOR mikel slOwBI,) signed nd sealed with nails nd strong seat belts
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
Nigeria Government should even immediately lunch a court case against FIFA for bullying.

If I understand it NFF executive was sacked by the general congress of the Nigerian FA and a court of law. there is no evidence of Government involvement at this moment!

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by gebest: 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2014
THIS IS GOOD NEWS, GOD I THANK U FOR THIS GREAT NEWS, IF U KN U ARE HAPPY WITH ME PLS HIT LIKE.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Tyche(m): 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
farano: Wetin I do o

He wants a good evening grin from you
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by safarigirl(f): 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
teniola55: what you just typed shouldn't be coming out from a respectable lady like you!...We have to fight against corruption for the betterment of our country..AND WE HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE...ONE DAY NEMESIS WILL CATCH UP WITH THE AFOREMENTIONED POLITICIANS
everytime we have to start from somehwere. Nothign will happen here, your government can only form gra-gra. Soon enough the story will die off and they'll release these guys. Una no go even remember say dem arrest anybody.

Don't be deceived, NOTHING will happen
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by tk4rd: 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2014

You should direct your anger to the court that caused the wahalla and the persons that initiated the idea of the court order

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2014
Roland17:

Every member of FIFA understands the rules and guidelines as regards to government interference with football related activities and Nigeria is no exception, until NFF/ Sports administration in Nigeria become financially independent these issues would remain prevalent..
The truth is that the Federal Government should remove their hands totally from Football. No more pumping of money from the Federal Government into the NFF. So this nonsense should stop.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by okotv(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
this is really pathetic...cause our junior male and female teams will be grossly affected cause if the ban stands and at the end we gain nothing then we as a nation have failed woefully

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Btruth: 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
To hell with FiFA and that man name Sepp Blater. Let them allow us to put our home in order first. What is their problem?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2014
mosalab: ds FEVER self! Government did not interfere wen they're been given milions of naira bt nw dt d government is purnishing dm 4 mismanaging d money, it's nw term interference.... Nonsense!
Not millions. Billions of Naira.

This was extra billion released.

FG Approves ₦1.6 Billion For Super Eagles World Cup Campaign
The National Sports Commission Chairman, Bolaji Abdullahi has confirmed that the Federal Government has approved the sum of ₦1.6bn for Nigeria’s 2014 World Cup campaign.

http://www.thenigertimes.com/2014/02/fg-approves-16-billion-for-super-eagles.html
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ban the Boys! allow the girls! ;DBan the Boys! allow the girls!
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 09, 2014
So no nations cup qualifiers for SE
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by M4gunners: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2014
watchthisposter: So the champions of Africa will not participate in the next CAF championships? That may be a little awkward FIFA...

Look here Blatter, our federation officials are involved in corruption indictments and other charges, are you saying that because they are FIFA officials, they are above our national law and should not be tried?
Tell them o.Na poor Man mess dey smell pass Germany court sentence Uli Honeß to 3 years imprison (B munich President) for tax embezzlement why didn't them suspend germany eh?

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Prowizy2(m): 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
Ban them for life. . angry
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
who too NFF to court and on what grounds?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players / Mikel Obi And His Daughter's Having A Nice Time (Photos) / "I Regret Spending N9.6m To Look Like David Beckham" – Fan Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.