Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

FIFA Suspends Nigeria - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Suspends Nigeria (46193 Views)

Fifa Suspends Nigeria For Government Interference / BREAKING NEWS. Fifa Suspends Nigeria / Adidas Suspends Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Thank God. We go save money
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Zenith21(m): 9:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
I swear, I dey wait make dem say BAN... Dem useless MUFUs
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by ally2014: 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2014
thinking... be back
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by sundaypurity(m): 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
Gud news hmmmmmmm at last mikel will rest in fact I am glad ds guys almost kill me during d tournament
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by ally2014: 9:49pm On Jul 09, 2014
Zenith21: I swear, I dey wait make dem say BAN... Dem useless MUFUs
no need
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Akinsbobo2(m): 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
naijaobi: i think its high time we Africans pulls away from fifa. Probably combine with asians and form a better football federation. How can government be funding football and u say they shouldnt intefer? When they where giving money to NFF, fifa didnt see it as interference, now they demand that NFF account for the money, fifa is showing its ugly head.
Fvuk fifa
fvck sep blatter

You just spoke my mind.this has always been my thoughts all these years.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 09, 2014
Prowizy2: It's a good news and a welcomed development. . How many years please? 36-bottles of big Heineken for FIFA President head'
grin grin One from each state grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Akinsbobo2(m): 9:54pm On Jul 09, 2014
MaziOmenuko:

I beg to differ! Africa is not as advanced as the Europeans where you have strong institutions that can solely sponsor football. Government sponsors football in African countries, so there's no way govt cannot interfere.

When FIFA wants to host an event in a country, they still meet the government and plead for coperation; they plead for venues, security and others! Yet they don't want government to interfere with football!

Nonsense!

I wonder o!
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 09, 2014
Imagine this bullcrap from FIFA....

How could a nation of more than 170million people be in slavery because of mere FootBall !!

Because of FootBall , we wouldn't be able to hold our FootBall Officials to account for Billions of Nigerians' Money allocated to their office !!

Imagine, UN, WHO, UNDP, UNICEF etc doing same as FIFA then what we shall have would be ''there was a country'' !!

Hell with FIFA and Football !!

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by ayoJ21(m): 10:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
kombats: FIFA i take anything beg una change am from suspend to BAN abeg ooo cos na steph blatter go carry him two old left leg come beg 9ja because football will no longer be intresting without nigeria den go miss the chineseable kiata the honourable yakubu and the slowest mikel

u too funny
ow person go geh 2 left legs
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Pque(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2014
I think FIFA took a wrong step. How can Nigerian govt. be sponsoring NFF and FIFA are saying Nigerian Govt. should not interfere in NFF management. I think FIFA needs to revisit it's rules. What is their business. To me such rule is a stupid one, infact maybe u will also come and take over d management of my country. 4 now, Nig govt should fold it's hands and bow to FIFA only to surprise them later. Do fifa think they can just make any law. U have ur law and we also have our law in Nig. Law wil not say u are giulty except u are. This is bad; FIFA.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by bnovative(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
watchthisposter: So the champions of Africa will not participate in the next CAF championships? That may be a little awkward FIFA...

Look here Blatter, our federation officials are involved in corruption indictments and other charges, are you saying that because they are FIFA officials, they are above our national law and should not be tried?
It's funny how fifa want the government to fund the FA, and wouldn't allow the same government to oversee the FA.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by ayoJ21(m): 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2014
Eureka007: my girl friend said she does not love me a again should i kill my self pls advice me

ehn ehn...when u never die nko?
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Pque(m): 10:17pm On Jul 09, 2014
mikeansy:

But where is the evidence that FG has anything to do with this.

Nigeria should take FIFA to court for bullying and include CAF in the suit. FIFA and CAF should also be compelled to stay action while the suit is determined. Our right to take part in all competition must be honoured while the suit is being determined!

Where is the evidence of Government interference here?

What is FIFA asking the Nigerian government to do do? That Government should overturn the verdict of the court? Are we not a Nation of laws?

If FIFA does not like the pronouncement of the court they can come to Abuja and challenge it on behalf of Maigari and his gang.

Honestly this is ridiculous!

exactly my point who is Nigerian Govt. Who is NFF. Is it not d govt that made NFF and this one is saying Government should not interfere. I think sepp babber or sepp blabber have been bribed by NFF officials.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Sundahjoe(m): 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2014
madridfc: Fvck!!! FIFA 100 times. Corrupt set of old men,
let's put our house in other first.
I pray that former Abia state Governor will contest for NFF chairman as being rumoured. "Orji Uzo kalu\" will make good things happen in Nigeria Football.
welldone, the same comment you posted on kickoff

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by OtunbaJega: 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2014
Syenite: You people saying goodnews need ur head re-examined. U people are d real enemies of Nigerian football.
Do u know our U17 team is scheduled to play DR Congo in U17 WC qualifiers next weekend? Do u know our Falconets have travelled to Canada where dey will take part in FIFA U20 WC?

I pray our chalk brained authorities do d needful and get FIFA to reverse the ban.

Haba was Nigeria the only country dat had a disappointing WC ounting?
Going by our reactions in Nigeria, English, Spanish and Italian fans should have murdered all their players and officials by now.

The other day some Nigerians were happy that France beat Nigeria. I don't understand these people. angry

Nigerians are plain stupid, I swear...10000000likes

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Sundahjoe(m): 10:29pm On Jul 09, 2014
Please Nairalanders lets start a campaign on fb, twitter (social networks) on #Africapulloutoffifa....

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by saintol(m): 10:32pm On Jul 09, 2014
I think FIFA has FEVER. If not, it wont meddle in our national affair. 'Ban ko, Ban ki-moon ni'. I dont even know which one is more corrupt. Sometimes, FIFA promotes corruption. Without Justice, FIFA is nothing but gangs of corrupt 'criminals' on a large scale. Anyway, this is national Sovereignty versus FIFA.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by opylas(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
Syenite: You people saying goodnews need ur head re-examined. U people are d real enemies of Nigerian football.
Do u know our U17 team is scheduled to play DR Congo in U17 WC qualifiers next weekend? Do u know our Falconets have travelled to Canada where dey will take part in FIFA U20 WC?

[/b]I pray our chalk brained authorities do d needful and get FIFA to reverse the ban. [b]

Going by our reactions in Nigeria, English, Spanish and Italian fans should have murdered all their players and officials by now.

The other day some Nigerians were happy that France beat Nigeria. I don't understand these people. angry

It's obvious u dn't want progress 4 ur country, & u got 55likes for dat?? Or mayb I shld ask wat u mean by ''...do the needful'' thr. Yes, we will b absent in d coming competitions bt mayb u shld look up d meaning of sacrifice. Do u evn knw y we got d ban??

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by sonesh: 10:43pm On Jul 09, 2014
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by vybzkartel: 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2014
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by opylas(m): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2014
rexibity:
thank.God o"
U quoted d whole piece, and replied wt jst 3 words wen u cld hv simply REPLYd. I taya 4 ur mata o

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
mikeansy:

But where is the evidence that FG has anything to do with this.

Nigeria should take FIFA to court for bullying and include CAF in the suit. FIFA and CAF should also be compelled to stay action while the suit is determined. Our right to take part in all competition must be honoured while the suit is being determined!

Where is the evidence of Government interference here?

What is FIFA asking the Nigerian government to do do? That Government should overturn the verdict of the court? Are we not a Nation of laws?

If FIFA does not like the pronouncement of the court they can come to Abuja and challenge it on behalf of Maigari and his gang.

Honestly this is ridiculous!

Honestly, it is crazy. FIFA watches our government sink in billions of naira every year and the government is never banned for interference. As soon as our government asks for accountability, FIFA flexes their muscles by punishing young men and young ladies of the country who make a living from the sport.

I think it is time the government treats NFF as FIFA wants it to prevent this kind of insult.

Even though the Government has no direct link to this, FIFA has made it clear that if crooks run our football, our government has no right to demand accountability.

Either way, I opt for the government to stop funding the NFF.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by sheriffman(m): 11:03pm On Jul 09, 2014
God bless FIFA and my prayer is that this suspension drags on for as lokng as possible.
May the courts as usual take a decade to decide the case.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Harryjoshua4: 11:04pm On Jul 09, 2014
These are signs that Nigeria is heading towards greatness, do you think all this challenges the nation is going through is ordinary. their is reasons for all this the nation will come out of this stronger like ever before, God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by kabba7(m): 11:27pm On Jul 09, 2014
Do the Nigerian government actually make gains from the billions sunk into sports yearly , its. a drain pipe WASTE !
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Benedictus90: 12:01am On Jul 10, 2014

I pray our chalk brained authorities do d needful and get FIFA to reverse the ban.

I would have loved to support you but look at it form this angle, no be today government don dey intervene...FIFA no gree tok since. Buh i tink and i believe they've kept quiet enough. So if they feel like bannin us so that our head go correct small.. mayb that is what we need. I jes hope they lift the ban soon cos of those who have prepared for matches and competitions.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by toprealman: 12:07am On Jul 10, 2014
Good radiance ....time to follow a new national sports. Please roll the dice.
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by hazzand16(m): 12:27am On Jul 10, 2014
retepmurt: This country called Nigeria get a lot of problems o.
FIFA again,they dont even mind wht the country is going thru in the hands of these boko haram members.
Doctors too dey on strike,all govt hospitals in the country are closed,thousands of Helpless Nigerians die daily,if u ve nt fallen a victim,u no go know.
Jobless youths in their millions,some dey wallow in abject poverty under their parents,girls dey do prostitution,some guys engage in nefarious and heinous activities,many don become 'accidental' musicians and dancers.
Our politicians are nw political jobbers.
Electricity tarrifs don go haywire,despite the fact say the country is in total darkness courtesy of these greedy politicians who bought our Nepa.
Jonathan dey Abuja dey hold meetings with fraudulent committess that are made up of questionable xters.
Corruption don turn cankerworms and has eaten deep into the fabric of Nigeria economy.
Who go safe Nigeria.I hp God no go suspend Nigeria one day.
tongue vision 2021,lol all naija problem
Re: FIFA Suspends Nigeria by Nobody: 12:34am On Jul 10, 2014
FIFA how many fingers do you have? I ve 5 on each hand and I'm waving them at you! Waka to you FIFA! The Nigerian Government funds the NFF 85%. He who pays the piper must dictate the tune.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alex Iwobi: Everton Paid £35m To Sign Him: Costs More Than Any Of These Players / Mikel Obi And His Daughter's Having A Nice Time (Photos) / Ahmed Musa Bags 'Jagaban' Chieftaincy Title After Marrying Another Wife. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.