Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,038 members, 7,821,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? (25487 Views)

NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG: An Unnecessary Battle / Nma Vs Johesu Faceoff: Matters Arising By Deji Gbogi / NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why The Hatred For Doctors??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by dakotchic(f): 10:13am On Jul 11, 2014
@janiobi. Exactly! That's one of the reasons y we r on stirke- universal health coverage, insurance for all. We want during emergencies to treat u knowing that the cost is taken care of by either u or the govt like what obtains elsewhere. We all know fully well that there's no free lunch
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 11, 2014
splasher: "DOCTORS" of MBBS, it seems this title of doctor has gotten into your heads and it's responsible for this unholy 24 point demand. You do not know drug use and drug interaction like the pharmacist. You are threatened by the Lab Scientist because gone are the days you look at someone nose and eye and say they have malaria. With increasing demand for evidence based practice, you are finding out you need the medical labs more and more. The advent of in- vitro diagnostics by the medlabs is reducing your scope further. Is that why you are asking the government not to allow them practice their profession. Why won't you allow others expand a technique that is within their ambit of practice? Is it because they call you "DOCTOR"? Show me why you should be called DOCTOR. Is there any anywhere in your certificate that gives you the right to call yourselves doctors? If none, then why are against other who want to call themselves doctors? Who and what gives you that right?
Answer these questions and I would recant my previous comment. With all the misdiagnosis in our hospitals, you are asking for salary increment. I think is time we DYMISTIFY this TITLE called DOCTOR. Is time we allow those involved in drug management monitor their patient they prescribe the drug for. Those involved in evidence based diagnostics should be allowed to expand their capabilities. There is no sense in "DOCTORS" of MBBS in insisting they should determine salaries and extent of human capacity development of other health care profession because they are erroneously called DOCTORS.
If I understand you correctly you want everybody to be called doctor of whatever degree they have. Doctor of nursing, doctor of medical lab, doctor of pharmacy. Well said. You guys are so funny, so advances in technology is threatening the job of the doctor, abi? What advances in technology have you seen in Nigeria that you are talking? Even technologists in the US/UK where we have all the latest technologies coming up every day are not clamoring to be called doctors and last time I checked, being a doctor in the US was not on the list of endangered 'professions'.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Ayo315: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2014
No body hate doctors,see if u work in hospital or if u an health personnel u will understand what what we are talking about.The gap between medical lab. scientist,pharmacist,Nurse,Radiographer to doctor is just too much.To best of my knowledge caring for patient is a team work so nobody should sit somewhere and be writing rubbish.Medical doctor do not see other heath professional as anything and is still the same ppl u hate that will make the pat. to be ok health wise.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by biafransoul: 10:21am On Jul 11, 2014
candy:
You have a really low opinion of Naija doctors! I'm not surprised though-a prophet has no value in his city.
Why are Nigerians rushing to India for treatment? This has little or nothing to do with naija doctors' lack of expertise. Nigerian doctors are well trained and don't shy away from cases. Unfortunately; what will you do if you have no equipments to work with? Equipments that your employer(in most cases the government) should put in place.
You people go about blaming doctors for the increase in medical tourism abroad when your government refused to upgrade, maintain and invest in hospitals.

Thank God for eager Resident Doctors and able consultants whose collective and individual research efforts can't be underrated at the teaching hospitals, we would've had an even higher rate of medical tourism abroad. Thank God also for the Medical officers at the States hospitals and General hospitals for their timely intervention even when they have very little to work with.

Yes! most Nigerian doctors are highly irresponsible. Is it not the same medical doctors that ran down the government hospitals so that their private ones would flourish? Even at that, see the decay and non-expertise that is going on in the Nigerian health sector both private and otherwise. What have the doctors really contributed to the development of the health sector in Nigeria; infant mortality is still very high, no professionalism, corruption and greed pervades the profession etc and they still want the people to have a high opinion of them. If you doubt me, visit a teaching hospital and see how the so called doctors deal and treat their patients; simply pathetic. The way they are going, illiterate agbo sellers will soon be note useful to the ordinary Nigerians at least they treat people with respect.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Shakes85: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2014
Janiobi: When you guys starts saving lifes first than bodring about the registration and hospital fees b4 operating on patients then we would care for you guys...Imagine an injured person runing to a nearby hospital to receive care and Died right there cause he had not the money to pay for his treatment,So he was not responded too. W.T.F is going on with docs?
That can only happen in private hospitals. I know how many times we open billings form to treat people on credit. I know how many times I pay for drugs for my patient nd even donate blood for free. Can the govt boast of placing a well equipped nd functiona ambulance on the road? An injured patient die on arrival in the hospital because he has not received urgent attention. There is a golden hour in emergency cases and if you don't act then don't expect magic. In private hospital when you know the doctor attending to you might not be the owner, how do u want him to offer free service. This is why we asking govt to make a 100% health insuranse coverage for the citizens as you get in other nations.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by jaypee100: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2014
I hate when pple cover their write up with sensationalism. Point of order plsssss pple don't hate Doctors its their over blotted ego and persistent attempt to make others feel dehumanised. They want to grow but don't want other health professional to grow. They design laws to stealmet orders. if there is freedom of expression then it must include freedom of interlectualism in all phares of life.

1 Like

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Shakes85: 10:29am On Jul 11, 2014
warrior01: Hate doctors? The fact is those people in Nigeria that parade themselves as Doctors, don't know what it really means to be a mreal doctor. No ethics, no compassion and no proffessionalism. All we have is a bunch of greedy people that is full of unnecessary pride. If you doubt me, why do our people rush to India for proper treatment?
because your govt has failed in providing basic health infrastructure nd equipments.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by dakotchic(f): 10:31am On Jul 11, 2014
jaypee100: I hate when pple cover their write up with sensationalism. Point of order plsssss pple don't hate Doctors its their over blotted ego and persistent attempt to make others feel dehumanised. They want to grow but don't want other health professional to grow. They design laws to stealmet orders. if there is freedom of expression then it must include freedom of interlectualism in all phares of life.

Sorry I have to point out a few errors before mislead the public again. It's bloated- not blotted. It's stale mate not stealmet, it's intellectualism- not intellectualism and finally it's spheres biko not phares. See y we all can't be called doctors cheesy tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by warrior01: 10:33am On Jul 11, 2014
Double post
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by enny09: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Instead of this doctors to go and save lives they are all on nairaland trying to save their profession, after destroying it because of there small god mentality, maybe when doctors do that they can get public sympathy but as it stands many Nigerians are not happy with this small gods
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by splasher: 10:41am On Jul 11, 2014
Is it only the MBBS holder that is taught holistic patient management? Do you think the little one year course in pharmacolgy or laboratory medicine is enough for MBBS holders to lay claim as lord and master in this areas? Are MBBS holders the only ones that are taught clinical psychology? Do your job and allow others do their job. Do not dictate to others what they know better you. You are exposed to all aspects of health care because you prevent others who have the right to do so. That is why you are MASTERS OF NONE?
lomaxx:
There goes the ranting of someone who believes patient management is all about drug use, drug interaction and laboratory diagnosis.

Young man, there's a reason doctors are taught pharmacology and laboratory medicine in Part 2. And that's only in Part 2. So calm your nerves. You'd rather we knew nothing about it right? Funny haha.

Being a doctor gives you a privileged exposure to all aspects of healthcare. So that when a patient presents before you, you'll treat patient management as a holistic affair - including his/her psychology.

You're just ranting balderdash. Just go find somewhere siddon
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by danaz(m): 10:51am On Jul 11, 2014
DONMAYOR19: U know u may not make front page because u supporting doctor, that only topic that is against doctor only make front page, I'm so happy the mods disappoint u by placing it in front page, u better try and modify that statement now........secondly I read only the first statement, because as I scroll go down see plenty write up, I nearly faint. So I just skip am go comment for the one when me don read and understand, hope I'm not bias thou? grin

Not surprised.Nigerians generally have an aversion to reading; books, articles,road signs,instructions,evn drug n bread labels

That was a beautiful write up..those are the factr
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by adahib: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2014
warrior01: Hate doctors? The fact is those people in Nigeria that parade themselves as Doctors, don't know what it really means to be a mreal doctor. No ethics, no compassion and no proffessionalism. All we have is a bunch of greedy people that is full of unnecessary pride. If you doubt me, why do our people rush to India for proper treatment?

It's the hate exhibited by people like you that discourages the few of us still trying hard to do the right thing. Since the beginning of this strike, I've been going to work everyday to attend to the very sick. I run the hiv/aids clinic in my establishment and I can't in good conscience allow those people stay without their drugs and other treatment. On monday,i had to take care of a patient with hiv/tb co-infection alone. He was coughing up a storm, stooling and vomiting. I told the nurses to get an I.v fluid running, they didn't refuse but the way they were foot-dragging, had to leave an accident patient to go do it myself. Obviously, they didn't want to get infected. Now tell me, if I contract hiv or tb during this period, would it be worth it.
Now let me tell you the funny part, after making the patient comfortable,i walked past the nursing station towards the consulting room, guess what they were gossiping? They don't know why this doctor won't stay in his house instead of coming to admit all these bad cases. I looked at them, said nothing, left. When I got to the consulting room, some of the patients waiting were grumbling that they don't know what was taking me so long. That they have been waiting since. I should come attend to them so they can go.
At that point, I couldn't take it anymore. I picked my things and left. Since my personal effort was viewed at with disdain,i decided not to bother anymore. I've been at home since. Only going once in a while to see the patients I admitted. I discharged the hiv/tb patient yesterday after getting a strong commitment from him that he'll take his drugs everyday. I'm not going to work again until after the strike. I can't keep trying to satisfy a bunch of ungrateful people while exposing myself to risk at every turn.

5 Likes

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by splasher: 10:57am On Jul 11, 2014
The question again if you did not get it. MBBS holders do not individually undergo separate research work. What they do is, they go in groups to villages and write observational reports of whatever. You must individually through separate work prove your prowess in research which the MBBS holders do not. The queation is, do the MBBS holders do "group project work in Com. Health. Yes or No.
lomaxx:

And one fellow was there yapping that the research done by medical students before graduation is not research. He called it a "group project". And because it is done by a group it's not a research. If you have the time and knowledge , exposé him to the concept of research, the methods of research and if possible, guidelines. If you don't, let it slide. He can go learn for himself.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 11, 2014
they go there because the facilities needed for effective treatment of patients in Nigeria Is LackIng And Not Because The Doctors Are In Capable.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by sisiafrika(f): 11:09am On Jul 11, 2014
Olusanya333: Be like say i no go put in Medicine nd Surgery again oya switch to Pharmacy.
if I catch u? Ehn! We don't want ur type in pharmacy pls, we want people with genuine interest in d fold. Switch over to something else pls. Thanks
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Olusanya333(m): 11:12am On Jul 11, 2014
sisiafrika: if I catch u? Ehn! We don't want ur type in pharmacy pls, we want people with genuine interest in d fold. Switch over to something else pls. Thanks
Nigeria will be happy if i become A pharmacist
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by splasher: 11:12am On Jul 11, 2014
General practitioner, etc. Eg GP Charles Enabulele. If your certificate does not read doctor. You have no right to try and stop others who want to be addressed as doctors by their certificate and practice. The word doctor is not the exclusive preserve of MBBS holders in Nigeria. Please check other health care providers in other countries.
korm2me:
see ur reasoning, tell what they should be called.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Dokitadotun: 11:24am On Jul 11, 2014
Docs r proud, arrogant, even stupid. bla..bla..bla. Pls be proud of your profession o. The root of the problem in health sector is when someone wants to be what he/she is not. a pharmacist or nurse is different from a medical doctor. many of these guys parade themselves outside the hospital as medical docs ,after wrecking havocs on the poor patient who went to them ignorantly,they send the patient to docs to clean up their 'mess'. if someone called me a nurse i will politely correct becos i am not a nurse by profession .but come n see how these guys respond when called a doctor. A pharmacist shld be able to say i am not a medical doc but a pharmacist when being wrongfully addressd, this is being proud of your profession.

3 Likes

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by lomaxx: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2014
splasher: Is it only the MBBS holder that is taught holistic patient management? Do you think the little one year course in pharmacolgy or laboratory medicine is enough for MBBS holders to lay claim as lord and master in this areas? Are MBBS holders the only ones that are taught clinical psychology? Do your job and allow others do their job. Do not dictate to others what they know better you. You are exposed to all aspects of health care because you prevent others who have the right to do so. That is why you are MASTERS OF NONE?

Yes. One year intensive pharmacology is enough.

What do you think you were taught in pharmacology that I wasn't ? General and Systemic. Oya tell us. The host of Nairaland awaits your response.

In my school, only professors of pharmacology and medical doctors with a PhD in pharmacology are allowed to teach medical students pharmacology. Anyone else doing pharmacology is free to use other lecturers.

I don't care how a drug is being manufactured and all that. It's not my area. My primary concern is how a patient that presents with difficulty in breathing and bilateral leg swelling is going to benefit from a particular treatment modality(drug or not). I need the knowledge that's why I was taught expressly and thoroughly.

So what's sparking your head in pharmacology that I don't know? Go siddon somewhere jAre.

A medical doctor is naturally advantaged over y'all spitting fire and brimstone. We see and taste it all.

You made your choice, I made mine. Deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by sisiafrika(f): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2014
lomaxx:

This is the most irrelevant post on this thread. Are you thinking with your spinal cord or are you deliberately making this up?
don't be sentimental. Ansa his question. And dis shoulldnt come from you.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Shakes85: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2014
Oluwalomoejoda: It is a tragedy of a nation to have a people who do not value lives•I have followed all the arguments!It is certainly disastrous to know that life is the cheapest thing in my country•Doctors are well respected and handsomely paid in any great nation•For the paramedics and all its allied to be called consultants;they should cite an example of a country it is done•I will not like to say much but one of the reasons that made many of Nigerian doctors left Nigeria is justified•I am sad to see my country going down every second•Many of us value money than life•Nigeria needs help and it is an emergency•
Well said my brother. Nigeria is where they fly money for bribery nd corruption wit helicopter nd chartered plane while there is no single helicopter ambulance. If an accident occur in a highway far from a specialist hospital,how do you expect the victim to survive. I was watchin in news when a governor is pledging cieling fan for a general hospital to aid patient discomfort but I ask is that the medical equipment the hospital needs? I have seen so many times when parents abandon their children in the hospital while the doctors run around seekin to pay the health bills nd now that same society says doctors are greedy nd selfish. It lives me to the conclusion that nigerians don't value life and is indeed the cheapest thing in nigeria
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Longman313(m): 11:46am On Jul 11, 2014
why should somebody hate a doctor,if u are to hate someone i think it should be the nurses they are so wicked and arrogant,as of doctors i like those ones i have been coming across i dont know about yours.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by lomaxx: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2014
sisiafrika: don't be sentimental. Ansa his question. And dis shoulldnt come from you.

No sentiments are involved.

I have nothing against any profession using any title as deem fit. Totally nothing. What I have against is that poster saying that doctors prevent other health professionals from using the title "doctor".

This is not true. We have Doctor of Optometry and Doctor Of Pharmacy.

How has doctors prevented optometrists and pharmacists from using the title "doctor"?

1 Like

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by jcccccc: 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2014

MEDICAL DOCTORS STRIKE

How can medical doctors agree to go on strike and not just that, but with all their members in participation.

The solution to this is for the Federal Govt. and the Ministry of Education to draft a curriculum that enables all graduates on all Medical Science courses like Biochemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology, Biotechnology e.t.c. to go on and get their Doctorate in Medicine if they choose to as it is done in the US and Uk so that their would be enough medical doctors in the country
[color=#990000](they are called scientist physicians in the US, U can google it.).
[/color]

Their is nothing special about nigerian medical doctors only that their are limited pklaces for people who choose to study medicine and only few with the means and connections corner it and not that those medical doctors are more imtelligent than people who graduate with first class and second class upper in these medical sciences.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by sisiafrika(f): 12:03pm On Jul 11, 2014
dakotchic:

Sorry I have to point out a few errors before mislead the public again. It's bloated- not blotted. It's stale mate not stealmet, it's intellectualism- not intellectualism and finally it's spheres biko not phares. See y we all can't be called doctors cheesy tongue
you are not yet ripe to correct grammatical errors. Your erstwhile posts are laden with ambiguity and much more errors. Take your time to type out your thoughts next time.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by jcccccc: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
jcccccc:
MEDICAL DOCTORS STRIKE

How can medical doctors agree to go on strike and not just that, but with all their members in participation.

The solution to this is for the Federal Govt. and the Ministry of Education to draft a curriculum that enables all graduates on all Medical Science courses like Biochemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology, Biotechnology e.t.c. to go on and get their Doctorate in Medicine if they choose to as it is done in the US and Uk so that there would be enough medical doctors in the country
[color=#990000](they are called scientist physicians in the US, U can Google it.).
[/color]

Their is nothing special about Nigerian medical doctors only that there are limited pklaces for people who choose to study medicine and only few with the means and connections corner it and not that those medical doctors are more imtelligent than people who graduate with first class and second class upper in these medical sciences.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Mobsync(m): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
DebateNigeria: I know this topic may not make FP because it is not against the medical doctors as only topics against doctors make FP. I have always been an anonymous visitor or guest here but had to join nairaland to post this topic.
It is really saddening to see how Nigerians regard their medical doctors. I have been following this saga on nairaland, Facebook, other social media and print media. I came into conclusion that Nigerians have misplaced priorities. We hate doctors so much and yet we roll out our drums in celebration each time our children graduate to become one. I have some friends who swore that since they could not study medicine, they will do everything in their powers to ensure their kids study medicine.
Why the so much hatred for doctors. I once had a sister who decided to go to a nurse at home to take her delivery, after this nurse tried all she could do, she referred her to a general hospital and I must say that the doctors where so professional about it, they did not want to lose the baby or the mother, my sister was so bad I thought she would not make it but for the doctors she survived, the baby survived too. It was the doctors who took her blood samples ran a test in the ward side lab brought out the test result in less than 5 mins and said she will need blood. These same doctors took the sample to the lab about 500 meters from the ward, went back to check that the blood was ready, wheeled her to the theatre, monitored her till she was awake. I must say the input of other health professionals was minimal. I was amazed.
I am not justifying the doctors strike, I am not in support of any strike but a better understanding of the fight in the health sector is important for all. I often see people make bad comments about nurses. Though nurses are trained to offer care, I must say doctors I have met are still more caring than nurses. The day you or any of your relative is admitted in a public hospital you may understand what I am trying to say. They shout at patients and their relatives, they may not even wait an extra minute once their shift is over. But doctors are patient, they don't gossip unlike others who stay in the ward gossiping patients and their relatives.

Here is an article that was shared on Facebook and I feel nairaland could benefit from it. It may be bias because it is coming from a medical doctor but I feel it is the honest truth.

I appeal to our doctors to go back to work, patients are dying. We need you and we appreciate your effort.

This is also to announce my membership of nairaland. I shall engage in meaningful debate and will not entertain any form of insult as that is the reason I refused to join initially.
Nairaland is a great community and I have learnt a lot as a guest. I wish I will learn more as a member

You have a point but would your sister have survived if the doctors were on strike?

1 Like

Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by jcccccc: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2014
[quote author=jcccccc][/quote]
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by sisiafrika(f): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2014
adahib:

It's the hate exhibited by people like you that discourages the few of us still trying hard to do the right thing. Since the beginning of this strike, I've been going to work everyday to attend to the very sick. I run the hiv/aids clinic in my establishment and I can't in good conscience allow those people stay without their drugs and other treatment. On monday,i had to take care of a patient with hiv/tb co-infection alone. He was coughing up a storm, stooling and vomiting. I told the nurses to get an I.v fluid running, they didn't refuse but the way they were foot-dragging, had to leave an accident patient to go do it myself. Obviously, they didn't want to get infected. Now tell me, if I contract hiv or tb during this period, would it be worth it.
Now let me tell you the funny part, after making the patient comfortable,i walked past the nursing station towards the consulting room, guess what they were gossiping? They don't know why this doctor won't stay in his house instead of coming to admit all these bad cases. I looked at them, said nothing, left. When I got to the consulting room, some of the patients waiting were grumbling that they don't know what was taking me so long. That they have been waiting since. I should come attend to them so they can go.
At that point, I couldn't take it anymore. I picked my things and left. Since my personal effort was viewed at with disdain,i decided not to bother anymore. I've been at home since. Only going once in a while to see the patients I admitted. I discharged the hiv/tb patient yesterday after getting a strong commitment from him that he'll take his drugs everyday. I'm not going to work again until after the strike. I can't keep trying to satisfy a bunch of ungrateful people while exposing myself to risk at every turn.
ur are really appreciated. But u mean d nurses said so? Callous!
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 11, 2014
APContherun: To start with I dont think there's any law or statute that ties the word "Dr" exclusively to practitioners of medicine. The word is just a title ascribed to anyone who by virtue of an act or convention deserves it so it's wrong and silly of medical practitioners to claim exclusive right over it.

I need medical practitioners here to point me to any law that gives them exclusive use of the word "doctor" .

If NMA m.b.bs holders get what it wants, it will go on strike next year to stop PhD holders from using the 'doctor" title.
They will include it in their new '200 COMMANDMENTS' against the FG. Watch out.
Re: NMA Vs JOHESU Vs FG Vs Patients........ Why the hatred for doctors??? by jcccccc: 12:11pm On Jul 11, 2014
MEDICAL DOCTORS STRIKE

The solution to this is for the Federal Govt. and the Ministry of Education to draft a curriculum that enables all graduates on all Medical Science courses like Biochemistry, Anatomy, Microbiology, Biotechnology e.t.c. to go on and get their Doctorate in Medicine if they choose to as it is done in the US and Uk so that there would be enough medical doctors in the country (they are called scientist physicians in the US, U can Google it.).

Their is nothing special about Nigerian medical doctors only that there are limited pklaces for people who choose to study medicine and only few with the means and connections corner it and not that those medical doctors are more imtelligent than people who graduate with first class and second class upper in these medical sciences.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / Coronavirus: PM Abe Asks Japan Schools To Close Over Disease / Coronavirus Can Remain In The Air For 30 Minutes - Chinese Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.