Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture (1457 Views)

What's Best To Do With 1 Million Naira In Agriculture? / Jonathan Launches Youth Employment In Agriculture Programme / Any Aspiring Agropreneurer, Come Let's Form Partnership Of Five (5) Men. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by hipinnacle: 3:12am On Jul 11, 2014
Let Form a National Association for Youth in Agriculture

This is the biggest thing we can do to hasten and facilitate agricultural developmental projects in Nigeria. Coming together and collaborating to push the government intellectually to reckon with youths willing to actively participate in Agribusiness opportunities. It is either we like it or not, the singular thing that have worked in this country is for people coming together as a unit under the same platform discussing and chatting the way forward. We can likewise start the initiative here on this forum and expand it to every nooks and corners of Nigeria. Thank God that we now have internet at our disposal to leverage upon.

We can start a movement of agropreneurs and youth interested in agriculture here. The NBA, CAN, ASUU, MAN etc. we know to be big today started some years ago in small way. Today, government dare not listened to them and do their biddings.

As youths, we should also be creative and work together. Instead of reacting and complaining, let us start to respond. Agriculture business is a massive project that requires government involvement most especially in the area of prepared land provision for farming, capital and incentives, storage facilities purchase, creating market facilities, providing extension services and hybrid inputs.

Synergy among youths is the only way we can make farming creative and lucrative. Let’s end our ‘’do it alone struggling’’ by forming a national association. This is mainly for like-minds and guys with foresight (people that see the future now).

Here, am suggesting we should have a name for the association called;

ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA YOUTH IN AGRICULTURAL PROJECTS (ANYAP).

This will cut across the 36 states + FCT of Nigeria. Every youth farmers, agropreneurs and agribusiness owners will willingly merge under the association. Through this merger, we become a strong voice and start creating awareness. Though, it is a herculean task, if we put our hand on deck, soonest, we will start to rejoice just like the cassava grower association how we have been able to turn agriculture to a hub of attraction to the Nigeria youths.
Start rolling your ideas and practical suggestions to make this lofty idea a reality.
Good morning!
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Daniel058(m): 8:22am On Jul 11, 2014
I hope this Thread make FP one day
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by hipinnacle: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2014
Daniel058: I hope this Thread make FP one day
i hope so too bt b4 den let d few of us viewing dis thread makes comment. Let us bring our lofty ideas 2 d fore.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by hipinnacle: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2014
Our contributions should start rolling in to form a robust document for the commencement of the association. the idea is to unite for government to recongnize and agriculture as the next revolutionary and instrument of economic transformation and wealth creation & distribution. let us do it together for it one hand cannot build a nation but many hands will do it.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by hipinnacle: 9:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Starting 4rm now, i wil try 2 give us reasons why we as youth must venture into agribusiness (not just venturing in2 agric bt d busines of agric). It is agribusiness dat money lies. Let truth b told & get ourselves out of d myth dat u can start agribusiness wt little money. It is a cheap lie. It is true dat u cn start farming wt little or no money if u inherited some parcel of land. At least, somebody planting tomato @ his backyard is also farming. But d real wealth creation & re-distribution lie in commercial agriculture & agribiz cal value added chains. For dis 2 happen, we nd som govt. & foreign intervention. This is just one d reason i brought d idea dat we shld form a national umbrela of agric practisioners. Also on this tread, i wil b discusing various practical biz opportunities, exportation & value chain in agric sector. Thanks. Let ur comment start rolling now.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by DBounty(m): 5:01am On Jul 12, 2014
Great idea! Seriously in support. Firstly,to make it have a strong base/platform to stand,it should elicit a tone of professionalism. Dis not referring to certificate but practicing and competency in any agric enterprise. Dis necessary as members would be reference points both by govt and investors just like NDE training centers. 2.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Nobody: 5:14am On Jul 12, 2014
I hope this is not a ploy to later start selling membership form and all that kind of stuff like levy collection etcetera .

We need to see your farm first to believe you are even into farming. So many people sounding like agric professionals this days when they don't even near a garden.

Aren't there too many associations already?

What happened to co operative societies ?

If you have a farm,a good farm record and a viable proposal, the bank maybe your best option as agriculture loan seem to be among the cheapest presently.

Except you are trying to access the national cake through this medium

3 Likes

Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Belexy(m): 6:13am On Jul 12, 2014
Following closely smiley
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Belexy(m): 6:17am On Jul 12, 2014
When you say 'Association of Nigerian youths'. There should be an age bracket for this.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by inno10: 8:26am On Jul 12, 2014
Full support
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by hipinnacle: 11:46am On Jul 12, 2014
Belexy: When you say 'Association of Nigerian youths'. There should be an age bracket for this.
yes, U̶̲̥̅̊ are right. I think we shld av somtin 4rm 18 to 49 yrs. These are active and serious yrs of man life. Or what do U̶̲̥̅̊ think. Pls let ideas start rolling in.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Belexy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
hipinnacle: yes, U̶̲̥̅̊ are right. I think we shld av somtin 4rm 18 to 49 yrs. These are active and serious yrs of man life. Or what do U̶̲̥̅̊ think. Pls let ideas start rolling in.

Someone above 40yrs is no longer a youth oh.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by newacca: 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
It's a good initiative.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by hipinnacle: 12:45am On Jul 13, 2014
I get dumbfounded atimes when we ar raising the issue of impart and national development cum building a network of like-minds to hasten progression & industrialization of agric. sector & some people ar still carried away wt the frivolities of national cake sharing or petty disguise to cheat others. we ar nt all born to chase materialistic things but to make imparts. our focus must b for us to b change agents because we cant continue 2 do things this same way & expect great result. no way! it is time we start bothering ourselves wt building our sphere of influence. we ar nt talking abt personal success here but our role to help our nation economy wax stronger.

it is my topmost belief that association of like-minds bring faster development. let us do it 2geda. thanks to guys that made contributions so far. continue showing interest & share your thought. d shape wil b design here. gud morning & happy Sunday.

2 Likes

Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by robonski15(m): 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
It is a welcomed development sir, i am also in support of it as long as it is driven to network and engage the youths to see the possible future with agriculture. We have to come together to be an agent of change and an example to other associations who have allowed greed and self contentedness to thwart their reason for existence.

I am following ardently

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by benuejosh: 4:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
bring it on!
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by hipinnacle: 12:11am On Jul 14, 2014
Let me appreciate everybody contribution on this thread so far. It shows the signs of greater things to surface. Please house, if any of us is privy to the names of any agriculture or related associations. Pls. don’t hesitate to post them here so that consultation can begin in earnest as suggested by some of us.

May I also say that there a lot of agric. Inputs and funds from international organization like USAID that will never deal with individual other than association or groups. Just some weeks back, I acquired a loan from one of the finance institutions in Nigeria, the interesting thing is that they refused to give the loan out to me as a person, they instructed me to go and join an association that is registered with them despite that the loan is given to us individually. This shows that association formation most especially from like-minds are essential to rapid growth. Association should be a team work in action where new information that cant b disclose to others will b share, more wealth and vast opportunities will b created. It also gives room for opening of new grounds. Thru association, we can expand our horizon.

The main reasons why old associations failed is simple. Lack of focus, greediness, selfish interest and poor leadership and management. I feel we the youth can correct this if we work together as one team. We cant afford money chasing to alter from building a great and lasting institution or system.

Okay! With 30 great minds we can kick start this lofty vision and turn it into reality. Align your interest now with the arrears of people here that have given their support by posting your comment. Don’t just b part of d vision. Give ur idea, it is collective work.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Fhemmmy: 1:20am On Jul 14, 2014
So a 50 years old man or woman wanna join, you would refuse cos na for youths?

2 Likes

Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fhemmmy: So a 50 years old man or woman wanna join, you would refuse cos na for youths?

live this people abeg, them they find who them wan chop mugu.
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by DBounty(m): 11:46am On Jul 18, 2014
Where is d op himsef?
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Belexy(m): 3:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy: So a 50 years old man or woman wanna join, you would refuse cos na for youths?

Fhemmy i dey suspect say u just clock 50yrs tongue
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2014
Belexy:

Fhemmy i dey suspect say u just clock 50yrs tongue

I am even more than that, just getting off my 70th birthday oh
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by newacca: 9:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I am even more than that, just getting off my 70th birthday oh
grin oga sir!
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Fhemmmy: 5:33am On Jul 19, 2014
newacca:
grin oga sir!

Na you biko oh
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by OsunBoi(m): 3:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
So, Agric Students in tertiary institutions won't be allowed?
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2014
#support
Re: Let Form A National Association For Youth In Agriculture by rareman(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2014
hipinnacle: I get dumbfounded atimes when we ar raising the issue of impart and national development cum building a network of like-minds to hasten progression & industrialization of agric. sector & some people ar still carried away wt the frivolities of national cake sharing or petty disguise to cheat others. we ar nt all born to chase materialistic things but to make imparts. our focus must b for us to b change agents because we cant continue 2 do things this same way & expect great result. no way! it is time we start bothering ourselves wt building our sphere of influence. we ar nt talking abt personal success here but our role to help our nation economy wax stronger.

it is my topmost belief that association of like-minds bring faster development. let us do it 2geda. thanks to guys that made contributions so far. continue showing interest & share your thought. d shape wil b design here. gud morning & happy Sunday.

Truth you just said here, but you cannot ignore what Aguiyi said, its better we raise all questions and have it all sorted out before you tell "story that touch" am typing from experience. So please don't be offended with his questions because you will still meet it along the line of this journey you started

(1) (Reply)

16 Weeks Point Of Lay For Sale In Ibadan / What Can Powdered Palm Kernel Shell Be Use For? / Do You Export Agricultural Products? Call For A Website Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.