Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores (33538 Views)

5 Masculine Chores I Did As A Female Child. / What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / Your Views On Men Who Help Their Partners With House Chores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Missmossy(f): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2014
During weekends,its very okay as he'd be less busy and could always assist. Not all men would anyway,it takes a caring man to know that no little help rendered won't be appreciated.

Just like the way,women are different,same goes for men. Thats why couples who are newly wedded need time to adjust to eachother because their ways are so distinct from eachother.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blockus: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2014
Old School Niggas dont do shiit but make dough and fhuck. cool

No well raised African Woman would be happy to see her husband sweeping the house or doing dishes. angry Instead, she would get a housegirl.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by egopersonified(f): 8:51am On Jul 11, 2014
We all complain about house chores becos we can complain, y not ask yr spouse to com share in your work-place-chore or in carrying pregnancy and delivery. Marry someone who loves you unconditionally, he will go to the moon for you. There is no chore my husband doesnt do when he is around, I ve had breakfast in bed severally, at a time, he washed our clothes, with two kids ohh, when the laundry man stopped coming before we got a washing machine, becos of his sacrifice that period, I dont allow him wash ordinary hanky now, he doesnt even still know how to operate the machine after six years. Some of his cookin taste better than mine and I have to sweet talk him to make them, but I help with slicing, blending, rinsing, etc if need be. All am trying to say is, do to him as you would want him to do to you and there would be no need complaining.

7 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:57am On Jul 11, 2014
Blockus:

I like the style wey you use dey find fhuck online. grin

May God bless your hussle.

Mr. Ladies man. grin

See this PERVERSE thing! You think say everyone be like you? angry angry angry

DIRTY MIND!

6 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blockus: 9:03am On Jul 11, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

See this PERVERSE thing! You think say everyone be like you? angry angry angry

DIRTY MIND!

Like I said, May God bless your hussle.

Na people like you most of these Disney babes and MTV babes dey find. A Man who is 2014 compliant and abides by the new rules of the Geneva convention. grin A man that would put his hands into their punny and pullout their tampons. grin

No worry, in 24hrs, your PM box go full with mails. grin

#HussleHard.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by missojugo(f): 9:07am On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Please, stop making them to feel 'all important'! kiss
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss
A husband's role is for PROCREATION only.
The rest, I can do FOR/BY MYSELF! cool

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!

You will age quite fast with all the stress. Even our mothers and grandmothers had relatives staying with them to help out with housework!

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GentleMimi: 9:07am On Jul 11, 2014
fijiano202: not all is abt low self-esteem,u are right abt fear though..every housewife wanna look young so that her husband wont call her fat or ugly,i have a close aunt who once complain abt her husband lack of action in the Bedroom,that made her feel unwanted and ugly....As a lady am sure u understand that men are born with lust but we learn to control it but some cant....what i dont really understand abt we men are how we may be dating ladies like omotola and yvonne nelson but end up lusting after ladies like enjema Emperess i.e ugly ladies
@ bolded,indeed baffling! But i do not judge such cases. Sometimes even the woman is to blame,other times both parties carry the blame. True talk. Most women aim to retain youthful appearance. It does not help matters that the man is not restrained by age,and most men undergo mid-life crises.
Its a crazy world out there. But i do not advice women to let go of their appearance after child birth. Try your best to look good always,not smelling of fried fish when the man comes home. At least,u'll always know u did ur best if he decides to mess up.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Godmystrength: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2014
A man thinks it is the woman's sole duty to do house chores and doesn't give a helping hand. The woman does all her chores without complaining. The ones she can't do, she employes someone to help her do it(she is the one paying the help).

Month end, she pockets all her salary and also thinks it is the man's sole duty to be financially responsible to the family. The man now starts complaining and saying the wife is selfish and does she not know that marriage is a partnership?

If you guys can't agree on how to help each other, then let the individual responsibilities be spelt out clearly and let it be followed strictly.

Ask a man to help you with chores, he says it is your God given responsibilities. Ask him for money, he ask how you have been taking care of yourself(financially) before marriage.

And some women can so deceive themselves. You that use to go to the man's house to do his chores before you guys got married (you were working that time too) and you were not complaining, why complaining now? Abeg just continue in your ministry o.

It is so surprising to see men that are not Christians but are quick to quote scriptures about wife submitting to the husband and about the husband is the head of the family. Please if you don't believe in the totality of the bible, stop quoting some part to favor yourselves jare. Better you stick to the ''it is our culture'' things o.

As for me, if a man is not ready to help me even after i have communicated enough i will just leave him and do my best. If i decide to share in the financial responsibilities, it will be because of my child(ren). And anything that will not benefit me and/or my children, i will just face my work.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Godmystrength: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
@ bolded,indeed baffling! But i do not judge such cases. Sometimes even the woman is to blame,other times both parties carry the blame. True talk. Most women aim to retain youthful appearance. It does not help matters that the man is not restrained by age,and most men undergo mid-life crises.
Its a crazy world out there. But i do not advice women to let go of their appearance after child birth. Try your best to look good always,not smelling of fried fish when the man comes home. At least,u'll always know u did ur best if he decides to mess up.

shocked shocked grin what if she sells fried fish?

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2014
i dont see why i shouldnt help with domestic chores @ home,most importantly i dont like the house wife stuff,i love career women that are hard working,.we can both brainstorm on the bizness front then exchange ideas.
We ve got to compliment each other

6 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2014
GlorifiedTunde: *Please Don't Quote If You Can't Understand *

House chore is nobody's sole duty! It baffles me when a guy thinks its the woman's duty to do chores. Who laundered your clothes, did your dishes, swept your room, etc before you got married? angry

You come marry finish, carry your leg for chair like say na househelp you marry. shioo!

Any man who thinks in such way is still living in the STONE AGE!

Now me clamour for our wives to also work and bring in some income, she goes to work and comes back tired and you expect her to do all that herculean chores and also make love to u? HAAA! YOU MUST BE A WICKED MAN!

Even if you can't cook, you should be good at doing dishes, washing her clothes and pressing them.

Ladies better know the Kain man dem go marry, and don't spoil him immediately after wedding. Make him assist before babies start rolling in so that he gets used to it.

After now, some OLD SCHOOL PUNKS be like "I can't wash my wife's undies"

SHIOOOO!!! angry angry angry

You are a confirmed glorifiedtunde because no right thinking babatunde will write the rubbish you just wrote.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GentleMimi: 9:18am On Jul 11, 2014
Godmystrength: shocked shocked grin what if she sells fried fish?
Looooool! She should endeavor to be clean and smell fresh when she gets home. tongue
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 11, 2014
worksmart: The best answer and simple truth
thanks
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2014
Blockus:

Like I said, May God bless your hussle.

Na people like you most of these Disney babes and MTV babes dey find. A Man who is 2014 compliant and abides by the new rules of the Geneva convention. grin A man that would put his hands into their punny and pullout their tampons. grin

No worry, in 24hrs, your PM box go full with mails. grin

#HussleHard.

This ain't about 2014 compliance. My Bible says love your wife as Christ loves the Church, so much He could die for her.

If I can die for her, why can't I also do all those?

teeo:
You are a confirmed glorifiedtunde because no right thinking babatunde will write the rubbish you just wrote.

OK.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 11, 2014
smartchoice:

You sound married
Nah am not
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 11, 2014
VenusBetty: Naaaa, its not the same
can you tell me reasons why its not?
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by aminaeke: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2014
If your really love your wife you dont wait for her to ask for help, you will see yourself doing it willingly. They say there is love in sharing, it is the wife's responsibility to take care of the house but these days you can never see a full housewife, becuase of the economic situation the women tend to help out in the family, some are circularly employed some are self employed trying to help out financially in the home which you will all agree with me. Most are doing very well in their business and providing for thr family even more than the men, some of the men spend their money in beer parlours while the woman cater for everything in the house. They wake up 4am clean the house, prepare the children for school plus prepare the husband for work and prepare herself for work too- gets to the office her desk is already pilled up with files she need to work on, as she is working on the files she is thinking of what the family will have for dinner, she leaves the office around 5pm straight to the market, leaves the market around 6pm with the traffic on the road gets home enters the kitchen to cook while the man watches tv, she serves dinner, help the children with their home work, prepare the children and her husband for bed, heads back to the kitchen to clean up, maybe washes some dishes and clothes that night, goes to bed around 11pm while the man is already snooring. Some women their time table is even more than that. WILL YOU HONESTLY TELL ME THAT THE MAN IS LOVING?

7 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by tjdj: 9:47am On Jul 11, 2014
i help a lot by taking a mild clothe to clean that beautiful thing called tv and remote.......and then i sit and not to be disturbed again...shikena
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Ngokafor(f): 10:18am On Jul 11, 2014
egopersonified: We all complain about house chores becos we can complain, y not ask yr spouse to com share in your work-place-chore or in carrying pregnancy and delivery. Marry someone who loves you unconditionally, he will go to the moon for you. There is no chore my husband doesnt do when he is around, I ve had breakfast in bed severally, at a time, he washed our clothes, with two kids ohh, when the laundry man stopped coming before we got a washing machine, becos of his sacrifice that period, I dont allow him wash ordinary hanky now, he doesnt even still know how to operate the machine after six years. Some of his cookin taste better than mine and I have to sweet talk him to make them, but I help with slicing, blending, rinsing, etc if need be. All am trying to say is, do to him as you would want him to do to you and there would be no need complaining.

....erhmm Madam ofcourse you shouldnt complain because your post indicates that your husband is the understanding and hands-on type of man.
...some women are not that lucky,and i believe that those are whom this thread is meant for..Therefore reprimanding them for complaining is not right..It is much better to advise them on how to get around such issue.

P.S..it is not in all cases that lack of love for their wives is reason for not helping out with house chores.Some are simply not wired for house chores...Female relatives did everything for them growing up.Paid domestic,laundryman and Restaurant did for them when they had jobs and became independent..so why would one suddenly expect them to become chefs and bathroom-scrubbing husbands when they get married?..Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by mascot87(m): 10:21am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
Then he should be ready to make his input. I'm not the type to talk too much or nag about home matters. I have a job and career. I believe in contributing towards family finances. If he thinks being a provider is an excuse to be lazy,then i'm allowed to be partially lazy.
I'm not gonna ever ask my hubby to cook or scrub the toilet. Infact,i find it difficult to be impressed by another person's meals. All i'll ask for his help in some heavy duty back-breaking work. If possible,he can help wash some clothes in the washer and iron,weed,arrange the sitting room,garage,store,wash the cars....i can handle the kitchen,room,toilet and bath,cook,market stuff...blablabla. Just an example. Is it too much to ask?
No reasonable and loving man will see his wife down on her knees,slaving away,and still sit his azz on the couch!

You are very correct u know. We men should be able to assist our wife with some back-breaking home chores.It's very important to know that
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by unearthed(m): 10:22am On Jul 11, 2014
moderatorr: If she can't keep my house heavenly clean and still cook a very nice dish on top of it while i watch TV, then she should leave and let a woman who can do it take her place.

I need to eat and leave the plates there, remove my shoe in the palour then go to my room on barefoot cheesy
Play with my kids and scatter everywhere!
Only to wake up the next morning and see everywhere clean again. If she can't do it, she should leave.
Do you know what we men face everyday? And you expect us to comeback to the house and start helping you with chores again, why did i marry you in the first place? If na s*x, ashawo full every where nah.

While we were young, you were using all your money for samsung galaxy S39 and brazillian hair, blackberry nails, long eye lashes and dating multiple older men. while we were reading motivational books, investing in series and series of failed business just to get the experience, being an apprentice for years with all the insults involved just to make it, boycotting parties and shows to save time and money, learning painful computer language after language, learning to pastor a church, lead a team, work all night, solicit for funds, perfecting our use of spoken and written english etc
Now when we finally make it and marry you, you want us to come and help you with house chores, if i suuulaaaaaaaaaaaaap you!

This is how many marriages fail
Option 1
Woman == Lazy with house chores
Man doesn't care
Woman invites househelp
Man gets househelp pregnant! cheesy

Option 2
Woman == lazy to cook
Man == eats at the cafeteria everyday after work
Man impregnates cafeteria woman's daughter!

Option 3
Woman == lazy to fork
Man == realizes his secretary is actually s*xy
Man impregnates secretary!

U r totally daft!....R u in nid of a wife or househelp? Who taught u dt women r slaves..? bush man thinking!

6 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 11, 2014
Ngokafor:

....erhmm Madam ofcourse you shouldnt complain because your post indicates that your husband is the understanding and hands-on type of man.
...some women are not that lucky,and i believe that those are whom this thread is meant for..Therefore reprimanding them for complaining is not right..It is much better to advise them on how to get around such issue.

P.S..it is not in all cases that lack of love for their wives is reason for not helping out with house chores.Some are simply not wired for house chores...Female relatives did everything for them growing up.Paid domestic,laundryman and Restaurant did for them when they had jobs and became independent..so why would one suddenly expect them to become chefs and bathroom-scrubbing husbands when they get married?..Think about it.

Get out of my Head. You just typed exactly what i wanted to type. grin grin grin grin
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Blockus: 10:24am On Jul 11, 2014
unearthed:

U r totally daft!....R u in nid of a wife or househelp? Who taught u dt women r slaves..? bush man thinking!

The same person who taught me that Men are Laborers. cool

Its called division of labour;

Man = Money

Woman = Household.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 11, 2014
unearthed:

Dnt blame him. Many men are like him. There are many men who will marry smply because they are tired of bachelorhood. They say they are tired of cooking and cleaning all by themselves therefore they need a wife. Even an uncle of mine remarried when he lost his wife in death simply because he needed someone to cook and clean for him as his daughters are all married. you could see with the way he relates with her that Love is not the motivating reason for the marriage.

If a man has that kind of mentality while single, will you blame his wife for complainng that he doesnt help out in the home? Many men see that word 'Wife' to be 'Glorified cook and cleaner'. Housemaid even. Its left for ladies to ask men who are interested in them on why they want to get married. Their answers usually reveal their intentions. No man who will take his wife as his partner and best friend would reason like this.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by egopersonified(f): 10:28am On Jul 11, 2014
Ngokafor:

there are ladies too who had house helps, drivers, laundry men, cooks, etc while growing up, how do u too expect them to cope?

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by fijiano202(m): 10:36am On Jul 11, 2014
GentleMimi:
fried fish is better ,try Pomo(kanda) or crayfish lol
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 11, 2014
Ngokafor:

I totally agree with you on the bolded. some men are like that because they were not trained to do chores by their mothers. A man who was trained to do chores right from a young age would see absolutely nothing wrong in helping out wth the chores. If he had always had househelps all his life, it would be impossble for him to ever try at all. So if a lady notices this about a man while single, she shouldnt expect him to help out after marriage. The only thing she can do is hire a househelp/get washing machine, dish washer and others that would ease the burden. These the husband would have to provide for her. People who have these do not ever see chores as a problem.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 11, 2014
Kanwulia: Please, stop making them to feel 'all important'! kiss
I DO IT MYSELF! kiss
A husband's role is for PROCREATION only.
The rest, I can do FOR/BY MYSELF! cool

I nor sen am o! Hiahnn!

Wait till you get married and have children. Then come back and comment on the thread.
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Ngokafor(f): 10:40am On Jul 11, 2014
egopersonified:

there are ladies too who had house helps, drivers, laundry men, cooks, etc while growing up, how do u too expect them to cope?

..I am sorry,but what exactly is your point?..
Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by fijiano202(m): 10:43am On Jul 11, 2014
I still dont understand why people take Chores as a big deal...if u grew up with discipline parents or went to a boarding school,you would understand that washing plates,toilet and sweeping aint hard...even though i grew up doing some of this stuff i noticed that anytime my gf is around i feel reluctant to do,like its her duty which is very bad so we always share the chores...she cook i sweep,she sweeps i do the cleaning,she washes the toilet i wash the bathroom...Simple

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 11, 2014
princefunmi:

Wait till you get married and have children. Then come back and comment on the thread.

Sorry to burst your bubble. She is already married.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Wash My Wife's Clothes - Nigerian Man / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals / Nigerian Woman Among Rescued Illegal Migrants Gives Birth On Mediterranean Sea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.