Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60970 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Reptyle(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
nora544:

I like a cherfull giver to the people you realy need it and not to this fake and rich moneyloveing pastors in nigeria.

can you tell my why nigeria is a country with so many heartless people who will give their money to the pastor but when a little child ask for help that she can live because her parents didnot have the money to make the operation the pockets of many people in nigeria will be closed.
didyou not read the bible that god tell us what we give to the people who need it is what he want not to give to this rich pastors.

Why is nigeria in this mess because all what this rich pastors can tell their followers is give and God will give you much more money and all is about money money money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain...but you should stop over generalizing. You should seek out another place of worship if all your pastor ministers about is tithing and giving to the church.

If you are a christian, i believe you are aware that Christ preached about a time when false prophets shall rise and seek to lead the very elect astray.

Watch and pray.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by edoselele: 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: keep laughing at ur folly. Funny enough my mail was replied and he acknowledged that he is also human and bound to make mistakes like every other person. Mr defender, Defender of the universe
watch ur tongue man!my candid advice.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by kandeyc(m): 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
There are those who watch others become richer but will never do anytin about their own situations. Bishop David Oyedepo does not live on the monies that are paid as tithes and offerings but on returns from his givings. What do you think the Bible meant by "store house"? Those tithes and offerings are for kingdom works and church growth as so wise up and ,and deliver yourself from the darkness of the mind. God bless you.
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by oladistinct(m): 3:39pm On Jul 13, 2014
edoselele: dnt try to confuse anyone here,pls if you dnt want to embrace christ do not look for pple to follow u to the gate of hell if you refuse to reapent!!!teamchristisreal#
If hell is the reward for being logical, be my guest.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Coldfeet(f): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Trendy247: OK.. Time for Pastors to change their names to Aaron.
grin ridiculously true!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by donhils: 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.
My dear you are very wrong. I mean very very wrong. You can't back up anywhere in the bible where it's written that giving is what prospers ppl. Do not be deceived.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Bigsteveg(m): 3:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
publicenemy: #Take me to the edge of hell and bring me back.
#take me to heavens gate and threaten to throw me back to hell
#Put a loaded gun to my head
#preach the bible ,kuran and all the religous book to me.

Will never give 10% of my earnings to an already rich set of people to make them richer and even go ahead to buy private jets and the likes.
I would rather give to the beggers and those in need.
The best and highly unlikely thing i can do is pay my tithe to a new and upcoming church to help them grow and the next time i go to another new and upcoming church.
But giving my tithe to an already rich church like redeem and winners and christ embassy...Never.

If this takes me to hell...well fine.The richest men in the world today are not christians and they dont pay tithe.

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Mike Adenuga
Femi Otedola
Warren Buffet
OprÀh Winfrey
Richard ......(Virgin airline)
Facebook guys
ETC

They are all christians

And these people donate to charity, to africa..and dere is power in giving, givers shall never lack, dat is y d poor remain poorer and d rich get richer
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Ok Nora, just few questions for you....

Should Christians pay tithe?

If yes, How does the Bible tell you to pay tithe to God, at least we cannot see him.

no christians should give to the poor the people who need it, there is one word from Jesus what you give to my poorest brother or sister you give it to me.
but it hurts me that this words are not in the hearts of a christian in nigeria,

Please ask yourself why you have so many rich Pastors in Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 3:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
edoselele: watch ur tongue man!my candid advice.
whatever! The truth must be said!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Bigsteveg(m): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
bigass: Oyedepo and the likes are thieves. they are robbing you,yes you,the tithe givers. These ole pastors can make someone lose faith in God. Wicked Mfs

Would av luv it if ur bigass is bigbrain, but den i remembered, big brain doesnt even matter, its how to use it.

If u feel offended paying tithe, my dear nobody is forcing you, keep ur money to urself. People like u wanna convince people to do ur wish but u end up confusin people more.

And i'll advise, u make ur point but dont drag Pastors name in d mud, d Oyedepo u are even talking about sef can care for ur family up to the 10th generation, so y beefing?

try to make ur own money and stop putting mouth in other peoples' money
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Reptyle(m): 3:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
Djangocode: Nothing gives me more joy than helping a brother in need... My point is, church is no longer what its meant to be.. Man's love for his fellow man is the greatest commandment IMHO.. U need to look @ d joy in a man's eyes when u help him.. If I have a hundred million and create something that'll empower the unemployed and the needy, I'll be more satisfied than handing it to a man who probably wants to enrich himself by quoting verses that suit his ambition..

I see from your signature that you pride yourself a deep thinker. Therefore think upon this things:

1. Are you a Christian?

2. Do you believe in rhw Bible and God's instructions contained therein?

3. Does the bible instruct you to pay tithes?

4. As believers, should we pick and choose which instructions to adhere to just because some of them don't sit well with us or make us feel good?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by edoselele: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: pity ur miserable life first. I'm sure you one of those fools who see Oyedepo as a demi god. U are finished
I can't be finished wen I serve the everlasting God,come!come!come and embrace peace my dear one!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by publicenemy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Mike Adenuga
Femi Otedola
Warren Buffet
OprÀh Winfrey
Facebook guys
ETC

They are all christians

And these people donate to charity, to africa..and dere is power in giving, givers shall never lack, dat is y d poor remain poorer and d rich get richer

They give to charity not rich churches.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by edoselele: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
oladistinct:
If hell is the reward for being logical, be my guest.
you still have time to come to God!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mollode: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
People do it because they believe it worked for people.. Is just like putting God first.Bible says 'Honour me with ur firstfruit
'
BluIvy:

Interesting read! To be honest I have always struggled paying these 2 things.

1) Paying my tithe from my gross- problem being by the time I have money left in bank income tax of +-45% is already gone, car installment gone, apartment installment gone, Uif( Unemployment Insurance), medical aid fee gone et al. By the time I get the rest I find it difficult to pay what I did not have so I go back to what my NET was and pay the tenth of my NET.

2) Firstfruits or 100% tithe- this has been a total disaster to me, just never could afford it, never! I always wondered how others did it?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
Reptyle:

I feel your pain...but you should stop over generalizing. You should seek out another place of worship if all your pastor ministers about is tithing and giving to the church.

If you are a christian, i believe you are aware that Christ preached about a time when false prophets shall rise and seek to lead the very elect astray.

Watch and pray.

I want to help that people open their eyes to see what it is to be a real christian!!!!!!!!!!

and not got brainwashed from this pastors from this new churches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
jaytee01: is it true or not? Let's have the true position.
it is never true stupid... Don't allow someone to feed u trash without trying to find out yourself....
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
edoselele: I can't be finished wen I serve the everlasting God,come!come!come and embrace peace my dear one!
I laugh in English. Attending winners is what u call peace? My brother I still dey laugh o!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ochek:
Was there any record of Jesus taking his bath? No? Why do you still bath?
Was there any record of tithe been questioned in His time?
Bro u stupid
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chamboy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
Bigsteveg:

Bill Gates
Steve Jobs
Mike Adenuga
Femi Otedola
Warren Buffet
OprÀh Winfrey
Facebook guys
ETC

They are all christians

The Nigerians listed here stole from the poor to become rich, b4 u start using these silly ideas to deceive urself

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by winner01(m): 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
jamace: Its true there has always been corruption. But I tell you most solemnly, corruption is accelerating at an alarming rate with every increase in husband and wife churches, because emphasizes is on prosperity and paying tithes instead of obeying the 10 commandments of God. No wonder our leaders who attend such churches still loot our commonwealth and call it, "God's favour". God's favour and blessing in deed! grin grin When morality is lacking among the pastors, can we find morality in the brethren? Stealing in the name of the Lord!
then why don't you find yourself a true living church and stop crying,...the devil knows the truth and therefore he trys as much as possible to raise men up to teach heretic doctrines...d devil is less concerned with other religions because they all head to him, but he is bent on concealing the truth..You pray for the church of God and try to find out about God's word so as to preach the truth to people ...
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by edoselele: 4:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: I laugh in English. Attending winners is what u call peace? My brother I still dey laugh o!
embrace God and laughter will never sieze in your life!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2014
edoselele: embrace God and laughter will never sieze in your life!
my brother I have already embraced God is just that I don wise up now. I can no longer be fooled by any pastor
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by oladistinct(m): 4:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
edoselele: you still have time to come to God!
Nah, I think he/she has the time to come to me, that is if he's not in your head anyways
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mcfarlin(m): 4:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Jazzgreen: thank God my church doesnt pay tithe,thats an old judaic law, christianity i know only said "give as you will" . dont mind those pastors milkin members by usin the old law . later they'll still be the ones shoutin "we'r not under the law but grace #thieves.
God bless the CHURCH OF CHRIST. [C.O.C]
Nice one bro proudly a member of the CHURCH OF CHRIST GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by date1816: 4:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
dejilg: who is dis fool hellbent on exposing allah as muhammed's ignorance? Wen did the jews ever called Ezra d Son of God? And wen have Christians ever instituted Mary as Lord and part of the Trinity? Here u show why u muslims hv to redefine d Christian faith to hide d ignorance of allah, wen did we associate anything or anyone with God (if allah is god at all)? Haven't Christians been proclaiming One God since inception? Who is dis foolish and idiotic allah? Dude go somewea else to display ignorance of allah! Ur foolish god can't even do mathematics (if u doubt check d inheritance law in the quran and do d maths urself)

I really pity your poor soul, invoking curses on your Creator, just because you chose to be a Kafir. You will make full explanation to the Angels upon your death.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by IzyLuv(f): 4:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.

Fact... Basic financial principle...
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by edoselele: 4:30pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: my brother I have already embraced God is just that I don wise up now. I can no longer be fooled by any pastor
ok thank God for that,I am a sister sha point of correction!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by dejilg(m): 4:32pm On Jul 13, 2014
SimplySEA: Don't say what u don't know....... No doctrine of tithe yes but Christ is a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek Heb 7:1-10. pls read this. This is what the man of God doesn't know about. When was tithing first mention in the bible....? Who gave the first tithe and to whom was it given to...?

I'm not a serious church goer , cos of my work, but from his 1st and second paragraph, I saw the limitations to his msg. I also saw his interpretation of mal 3: 10-16, and it's glaring that he was so in haste to cast shadows on Oyedepoo that he hurriedly attributed the msg to the levites, when of course God's msg was for the descendants of Jacob evident if u start reading verse. (mal 3 : 6). My advice is be careful how u digest what u read . Not all doctors are doctors. Even some cleaners of hospitals are called doctors in their localities jus cos they have some paracetamol available. There are men of God and there are "Men of God".
broda pls don't mock urself, Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek whom is the King o Salem(peace), what does dis prove? I asked u to show if this tithing doctrine was from Jesus himself or the apostles and you are here talkin abt the old testament? Did u know Abraham married his sister Sarah? Would u marry ur sister?! I know u r not a serious church goer nor a serious Christian for that matter. Am yet to receive a coherent response from u addressing the issue of tithing under the "new covenant-new testament----Christianity"
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Wahala90: 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
This is simple. The bible declares concerning tithing: "put me to the test". Why not try God and see if Oyedepo is saying the truth.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 4:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
edoselele: ok thank God for that,I am a sister sha point of correction!
Nice to meet you. So sister what's the name?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by DECOtech(m): 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2014
jhydebaba: Jesus pay tithe If no, then why are we paying tithe Or are we no longer following the path of christ
Are. You even a Christian?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.