Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,451 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes (60930 Views)

Pastor Creflo Dollars Changes Mindset On Tithes ! / Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / Pastor Bakare On Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by chagga(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1548047/theological-discuss-tithing-rhymeyjohn-image123/1 cool the above link opened my eyes to understand what there is to about tithing. Pls click on it 2 get informed then u can make your choice to pay or not pay tithe
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Wow shocked Interesting! Are you saying he admitted he made a mistake about tithing to you?
I'm not a member of his church. He made a mistake about the little girl he slapped whom he accused of witchcraft

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by oladistinct(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
layez: Curse men of God and be Cursed!!! Irrespective of the criticism,he will 4evaly be my Mentor!
You still wouldn't change old friend; these guys are not wat you want them to be.
They care only about themselves; the bible is just what they use to paint the pictures that we want to see; the eyes see what it chooses to see.
I know you still wouldn't change though

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Freest:
Don't you read the scriptures? It says bring the tithes to my house, not ophanage home nor the poors home. You can pay it anywhere as far as the place is called God's house. Tithe isn't by force, its by choice. So no need for this many talks
hmmm...well so many pastors are abusing that opportunity and it saddens me a lot
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by okzcorp: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Some responses here are so GOOD that I wish I could give more than 1Like.
Nevertheless when we speak, we should beware of BLASPHEMY and MISINTERPRETATION of the BIBLE.
I recall vividly when I went to church on a fine morning to say my prayers. A young girl walked up to the Priest and told him of her problem, maybe her inability to pay her sch fees. The Preist walked straight to the TITHE box, fortunately there were envelopes containing money, supposedly peoples' tithes, unwrapped the envelope and gave the young girl the amount she requested.Someone out there solved the young gal's problem through the priest in form of a TITHE.
In sum, let's leave ALMIGHTY GOD to judge those who receives His tithe and how they UTILIZE it. But I personally will likely use the tithe money to solve another man's problem and SAVE A LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Freest:
Do you go to church? If you do, do you pay tithe?

I'm a free man!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by publicenemy(m): 2:51pm On Jul 13, 2014
oparahchi: Foolishness.

Thanks.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by tommyich06: 2:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Tithing is a sign of Honour Mal 3:1 begins with where is the sign of honouring God?
prov 3: 9 says we should honour God with our substances. When God says He will blessed us I am sure u wont distinguished such promise whether its for isrealites or gentiles but u will rather claim it. Why cant u just obey God blindly with ur tithe and stop asking questions of accountabilities of tithe? do ur own
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: I'm not a member of his church. He made a mistake about the little girl he slapped whom he accused of witchcraft

Oh that? Ok . He's my Bishop, I attend winners too. But I didn't support that slap thing. I guess it goes a long way to show he's human too, just like he said.

But I don't just do anything because Bishop Oyedepo said it, but because the scriptures say so. A good Christian only follows doctrines with Biblical backing - and tithing is definitely one of them. Its 10% of all your income... Monetary or otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by eriegua83: 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
The scipture says into my"store house" and not church, is the church a "store house"?
Freest:
Don't you read the scriptures? It says bring the tithes to my house, not ophanage home nor the poors home. You can pay it anywhere as far as the place is called God's house. Tithe isn't by force, its by choice. So no need for this many talks
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Oh that? Ok . He's my Bishop, I attend winners too. But I didn't support that slap thing. I guess it goes a long way to show he's human too, just like he said.

But I don't just do anything because Bishop Oyedepo said it, but because the scriptures say so. A good Christian only follows doctrines with Biblical backing - and tithing is definitely one of them. Its 10% of all your income... Monetary or otherwise.
yes you are absolutely right! Nice one
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Chinzzy(f): 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
to place orders on Jumia n enjoy my discount s... view the item of interest on www.jumia.com, TeX d item name, SKU nos , qty ,ur full name and address n then ur phone nos to 07030063600.
cash on delivery is sure
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

you are a brainwash follower of him read about this and it will open your eyes because you didnot know the bible sorry that I have to tell you this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1584133/trial-pastor-jones-adeboye-short

2 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
DrummaBoy: Prof Amoda couldn't have said it better.

Truth is that any thorough study of the biblical tithe will always lead to the conclusion that the tithes being collected today is not biblical.

The church will teach that it is no longer under the Law but it resorts to the law to justify tithing. When that doesn't succeed they go to Abraham. But when they are shown that Abram tithed once, from war spoils, etc, they again return to Moses.

Truth is that the tithe that is collected today is fraud. It is the means of the clergy to defraud unsuspecting people.

The other truth about it is that tithing is a form if idol worship for people. People in a bid to secure earthly riches for themselves, resort to tithing as a means. This is not any different from the animist who gives sacrifices to his gods to curry favor from him. The NT Christian church never teaches this sort of thing. God calls us to serve him in truth and verity, regardless of results. He has also promised to bless us, not because we tithe.

The positive aspect of Prof Amoda article is that it is drawing more and more attention to this problem with tithing in churches. If tithes are stopped being paid in church, perhaps the true church will emerge and not these ones that are propelled more by Mammon spirit than God.
. So true!looking forward to when this idolatry wuld be annulled.I'll rather give 2 the needy & helpless than enrich an already rich church.Truth is 80% of church owners cum pastors today are profit- driven,robbing & acquiring wealth for personal enrichment all in the name of Christ![color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by bayo23: 3:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
kbshow100: Ain't reading that long s**t. You better summarise it because it's not SOS 304
its worth reading if you are really interested in knowing the truth.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
nora544:

you are a brainwash follower of him read about this and it will open your eyes because you didnot know the bible sorry that I have to tell you this.

https://www.nairaland.com/1584133/trial-pastor-jones-adeboye-short

That's a story. And I'd rather be brainwashed Nora, as long as I'm following the scriptures. I won't try to change you, so don't even try to change me. It won't work.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Ochek: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
jhydebaba: Jesus pay tithe If no, then why are we paying tithe Or are we no longer following the path of christ
Was there any record of Jesus taking his bath? No? Why do you still bath?
Was there any record of tithe been questioned in His time?
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

That's a story. And I'd rather be brainwashed Nora, as long as I'm following the scriptures. I won't try to change you, so don't even try to change me. It won't work.

it is a story but it shows where in the bible you can read about tithing, but i know it is hard to believe that your so called Bishop twisted the bible, I am realy sorry because you didnot know what it means to be a real christian.

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Reptyle(m): 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2014
Djangocode: For y'all talking about summary, better skip to the next thread.. Personally, I wonder where tithe money goes.. Imagine I make a billion, my tithe is a hundred million.. Where does it go to?? Pay pastor's salaries? Build expensive church branches? Acquire more personal luxury? Build expensive universities where 80% of the members can't afford for the fees? Maybe someone should enlighten me..

The fact is that you really don't have to pay it if you are not convinced in your spirit to pay. Your pastor most likely will keep making an effort to get you to pay based on his understanding of God's instruction in that regard. He would be failing in his duties if he doesn't keep admonishing you to do what he considers right by God. But it is your decision ultimately to decode to pay or not.

What I do not understand is why you anti-tithers dissipate so much energy trying to dissuade people who believe in paying tithe from doing so.

Is it that it makes you feel good or is it simply a means to continually convince yourself that you are in the right by not paying?

Are you like some atheists I know who keep shouting that there is no God but spend their entire life asking questions and trying to disprove the existence of a God they claim does not exist ab-initio? What a worthless venture!

Pay tithes if it suits you...or else keep your 100 million naira and ur inane questions to yourself. Read the Bible and ask God for interpretation if you believe in him. If you don't, interpret it anyway and do what thou wilt.

To each his own until the end of time.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
lastmessenger:
You want him to write 2 lines to prove that he is saying the truth.maybe the bible should have been 2 chapters to prove that it is Gods word.
Anyway he who has an ear let him hear.if you are a keeper of the law,remember to keep all.as for me i have been delivered from the curse of the law.

The law cannot make you righteous in the eyes of the God...Your righteousness was established in Christ; through his sacrifice you were made righteous and kept far from oppression! Thanks to Yahweh for that....!

Righteousness to salvation is through faith in Christ and not tithe payment! What matters is salvation not prosperity; it's a known fact that God honors his word more than his name but prosperity cannot give you a free ticket to salvation! This is because salvation is a personal thing and must be worked out individually through faith in Christ.

Father Abraham was blessed physically and spiritually because he had faith, obeyed God and the promises of the LORD got fulfilled in him...This is not because prosperity and riches cannot be achieved through human understanding, effort and knowledge but it was because the GOD that cannot lie promised Abraham.

Abraham marrying two women has spiritually symbolism!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Funkybabee(f): 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: Lol. Funkybabee l know it's God's wish for us to pay 1tenth of our income. As for me, I would rather give the 1tenth to the needy, less priviledged or the orphanages than give it to a pastor who knows nothing more than acquiring private jets when there are members in his church that cannot afford to eat a 3 square meal in a day. I hope you feel my pain?

eeyah!! I can feel ur pain now ok its good but it is the word of God so what can will do
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by nora544: 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2014
Reptyle:

The fact is that you really don't have to pay it if you are not convinced in your spirit to pay. Your pastor most likely will keep making an effort to get you to pay based on his understanding of God's instruction in that regard. He would be failing in his duties if he doesn't keep admonishing you to do what he considers right by God. But it is your decision ultimately to decode to pay or not.

What I do not understand is why you anti-tithers dissipate so much energy trying to dissuade people who believe in paying tithe from doing so.

Is it that it makes you feel good or is it simply a means to continually convince yourself that you are in the right by not paying?

Are you like some atheists I know who keep shouting that there is no God but spend their entire life asking questions and trying to disprove the existence of a God they claim does not exist ab-initio? What a worthless venture!

Pay tithes if it suits you...or else keep your 100 million naira and ur inane questions to yourself. Read the Bible and ask God for interpretation if you believe in him. If you don't, interpret it anyway and do what thou wilt.

I like a cherfull giver to the people you realy need it and not to this fake and rich moneyloveing pastors in nigeria.

can you tell my why nigeria is a country with so many heartless people who will give their money to the pastor but when a little child ask for help that she can live because her parents didnot have the money to make the operation the pockets of many people in nigeria will be closed.
didyou not read the bible that god tell us what we give to the people who need it is what he want not to give to this rich pastors.

Why is nigeria in this mess because all what this rich pastors can tell their followers is give and God will give you much more money and all is about money money money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by edoselele: 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2014
mohims: Who is Oyedepo? Is he jet owner who makes money from his church members? Oh now I remember! He is the one who parades himself as a bishop. Who slapped an innocent young girl after he accused her of being a witch when he ought to have delivered her if she was actually one instead of slapping her. That man is a disgrace! God will judge him
oh no,I pity your small life,give ur life to God before its too late my frnd!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Howmanage: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Freest:
Youngman... Be careful of your tongue. Whether they are thieves or not, you are not the judge of that... They are prophet's of God and be careful how you address them. Believe in the lord yee shall be established, believe in His prophet and you will prosper. Just be careful huh! Cos God is the righteous judge not you. Just saying, even our words are gonna be judged! Hian...
how do we know they are prophets of God please
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Funkybabee:

eeyah!! I can feel ur pain now ok its good but it is the word of God so what can will do
May God give us the grace to do his will
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Reptyle:

Nothing gives me more joy than helping a brother in need... My point is, church is no longer what its meant to be.. Man's love for his fellow man is the greatest commandment IMHO.. U need to look @ d joy in a man's eyes when u help him.. If I have a hundred million and create something that'll empower the unemployed and the needy, I'll be more satisfied than handing it to a man who probably wants to enrich himself by quoting verses that suit his ambition..

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by mohims(m): 3:23pm On Jul 13, 2014
edoselele: oh no,I pity your small life,give ur life to God before its too late my frnd!
pity ur miserable life first. I'm sure you one of those fools who see Oyedepo as a demi god. U are finished

1 Like

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
Abeg tithe na force? Why the tithe this tithe that thread every Sunday here. If you believe in tithe pay if you don't believe don't pay. ah ah.
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Howmanage: 3:25pm On Jul 13, 2014
tunshe: Tithe is making the GOs and Pastors wealthier than Jesus 

Tithe is making the congregation poorer

Tithe is killing our labour force,our intelligent workforce abandon paid employment to establish church business

Tithe is polluting our streets,we now have 5 churches on a building and even shops are used for churches

Tithe is giving birth to funny church names like Give god and be blessed ministry
. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by edoselele: 3:28pm On Jul 13, 2014
oladistinct:
You still wouldn't change old friend; these guys are not wat you want them to be.
They care only about themselves; the bible is just what they use to paint the pictures that we want to see; the eyes see what it chooses to see.
I know you still wouldn't change though
dnt try to confuse anyone here,pls if you dnt want to embrace christ do not look for pple to follow u to the gate of hell if you refuse to reapent!!!teamchristisreal#
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yomii: Those who make News don't make Noice; those who make Noice don't make news. If you like pay tithe and if you like don't pay tithe. All I know is as long as you are not a giver, you can never prosper.
Gbam!
Re: Numbers 18 Faults Oyedepo’s Teaching On Tithes by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:35pm On Jul 13, 2014
nora544:

it is a story but it shows where in the bible you can read about tithing, but i know it is hard to believe that your so called Bishop twisted the bible, I am realy sorry because you didnot know what it means to be a real christian.

Ok Nora, just few questions for you....

Should Christians pay tithe?

If yes, How does the Bible tell you to pay tithe to God, at least we cannot see him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Tithe: Akpororo Blasts Daddy Freeze Again. Has This Question For Him / Which One Of The Two Is Taking Control Of Your Life ? (pics) / Pastor Adeboye Prays For Apostle Suleman, As He Bends To Greet Faith Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.