Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. (29032 Views)

Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers / Picture Puzzles To Keep Your Eyes & Brain Active / The Logic Games, Riddles And Puzzles Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by MoyoGENERAL: 11:54am On Jul 12, 2014
There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

Rules..
The next logic puzzle will only come up when there is an answer to the existing puzzle...
Answers provided may require explanation.
You are allowed to cheat....lol

let the game begin.....

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by SpaceGoat: 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
ok lemne try solve this:
3 boxes and with a 2-2-2 formation of 2 white 2 black and 1 black and white .. let do the maths! 3boxes = 6 balls in all, box 1 [ 6/2] box 2 [6/2] nox 3 [6/2] (interguine equation) .......-> remove braket = 3 balls, 3 balls, 3 balls?? how come?? simply .. conclution .....-> there are 9 balls in all

2 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by MoyoGENERAL: 1:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
SpaceGoat: ok lemne try solve this:
3 boxes and with a 2-2-2 formation of 2 white 2 black and 1 black and white .. let do the maths! 3boxes = 6 balls in all, box 1 [ 6/2] box 2 [6/2] nox 3 [6/2] (interguine equation) .......-> remove braket = 3 balls, 3 balls, 3 balls?? how come?? simply .. conclution .....-> there are 9 balls in all
hmmmm ...wrong bro
try smd give it a closer look....
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by McWhillion(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2014
It's like you don't understand the question.

8 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by McWhillion(m): 4:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
The minimum amount of marbles one needs to pick is 3
Explanation
Let b--- black marble, w--- white marble.
We already know the ffg
Fact 1. In all there are 3b and 3w
Fact 2.There can only be black marbles in 2 bags only
Fact 3 There can only be white marbles in 2 bags only.
Fact 4. When you pick 3 marbles from the 3bags, its either you pick 2b and 1w OR 2w and 1b.

The ffg are the 6 possible ways you can pick 1 marble each from the 3 bags.
1. b b w
2. b w b
3. w b b
4. w b w
5. w w b
6. b w w
I ll continue shortly. ..

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by MoyoGENERAL: 4:57pm On Jul 12, 2014
McWhillion: The minimum amount of marbles one needs to pick is 3
Explanation
Let b--- black marble, w--- white marble.
We already know the ffg
Fact 1. In all there are 3b and 3w
Fact 2.There can only be black marbles in 2 bags only
Fact 3 There can only be white marbles in 2 bags only.
Fact 4. When you pick 3 marbles from the 3bags, its either you pick 2b and 1w OR 2w and 1b.

The ffg are the 6 possible ways you can pick 1 marble each from the 3 bags.
1. b b w
2. b w b
3. w b b
4. w b w
5. w w b
6. b w w
I ll continue shortly. ..

hmmm...you are way close bro...but you are still wrong
but you missed one important information.. the question said the boxes were labelled incorrectly!!!!!...
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by McWhillion(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
The trick is to pick all 3 marbles from only 2 bags.

I ll deal with the first 3 ways.....

1. b b w
* If i pick b in bag 1
* And i pick b in bag 2( I have already picked same colours from 2 bags)
* I don't need to check bag 3( there are 2w in lt)
* So i pick the 2nd marble in bag 2(The color determines what would be in bag 1.

2. b w b
* If i pick b in bag 1
* And i pick w in bag 2
* Then i pick my 3rd marble from bag 1 or 2.
* Any colour I pick determines what would be in all 3 bags.

3. w b b
* If I pick w in bag 1
* Picked b in bag 2
* If I pick the 3rd marble from either bag 1 or 2, i can determine what colours are in the 3 bags.

4 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by McWhillion(m): 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by MoyoGENERAL: 5:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
McWhillion: The trick is to pick all 3 marbles from only 2 bags.

I ll deal with the first 3 ways.....

1. b b w
* If i pick b in bag 1
* And i pick b in bag 2( I have already picked same colours from 2 bags)
* I don't need to check bag 3( there are 2w in lt)
* So i pick the 2nd marble in bag 2(The color determines what would be in bag 1.

2. b w b
* If i pick b in bag 1
* And i pick w in bag 2
* Then i pick my 3rd marble from bag 1 or 2.
* Any colour I pick determines what would be in all 3 bags.

3. w b b
* If I pick w in bag 1
* Picked b in bag 2
* If I pick the 3rd marble from either bag 1 or 2, i can determine what colours are in the 3 bags.
you know what...there is another way to make this clearer...if possible get three bowls...put in each bowls two clothes each( 2 whites in one, 2 black in one and one white and black in the other)
after you've done this, get a paper and intentionally label the bowls incorrectly!
now try and pick from each bowls( clothe) to figure out the minimum you will need to pick to determine all three contents correctly!!!!!!
that should be clearer!!!!
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by McWhillion(m): 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:
you know what...there is another way to make this clearer...if possible get three bowls...put in each bowls two clothes each( 2 whites in one, 2 black in one and one white and black in the other)
after you've done this, get a paper and intentionally label the bowls incorrectly!
now try and pick from each bowls( clothe) to figure out the minimum you will need to pick to determine all three contents correctly!!!!!!

I ve already commented b4 I saw the correction.
Will get bk at u
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by McWhillion(m): 5:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:

Broda, its only 1 marble you need to pick and that's from the bag wrongly labelled as having 1black and 1 white marble.

(I didn't pay attention to the wrongly labelled part.)

I was assuming it had no labels at all.

2 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by GoodBoi1(m): 7:59pm On Jul 12, 2014
One ball cos the bw box must have same colours, ww or bb
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by timsbee(f): 8:02pm On Jul 12, 2014
Am on front page again ooooooooo.... Chai! Na only me waka com oooo *singing Doro bucchi*
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by majamajic(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2014

Am I on the FP of NL ?
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by joshuaidibia(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
This is called Bertrand's box paradox. These simple but slightly counterintuitive puzzles are used as a standard example in teaching probability theory. Their solution illustrates some basic principles, including the Kolmogorov axioms. Am nt gud at maths,am gud at readn. I came across ds in one of Dan Brown's novel, #digital fotress# . Abeg,any mathematician here

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Judolisco(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
Make i park
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by ifex370(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
otondos tongue
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by jnrbayano(m): 8:03pm On Jul 12, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

Rules..
The next logic puzzle will only come up when there is an answer to the existing puzzle...
Answers provided may require explanation.
You are allowed to cheat....lol

let the game begin.....

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
The minimum number of balls to determine the contents is ONE!!!

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by rattlesnake(m): 8:04pm On Jul 12, 2014
hmm.....ehhhhhhhhh

[size=14pt]6[/size] dey this puzzle shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry
[size=14pt]BLACK AND WHITE COLOR[/size] dey this puzzle shocked shocked shocked shocked angry angry angry angry

GUYS BE CAREFUL

[size=14pt]today is 12/7/2014=12+7+2+1+4=26...2 BALLS IN 3 BOXES =6 TODAYS DATE [/size]

Dont be initiated

AM OUT

3 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by psychologist(m): 8:05pm On Jul 12, 2014
angry got bb *blackberry*
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by NaMe4: 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
You need to pick ALL 6 to correctly determine the contents of each box.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by technophile(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
I don't know why, but my brain keeps returning Error 404!. Help!!

4 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by 50calibre(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2014
3 boxes each containing 2 marbles

Box A = WW

Box B = BB

Box C = BW

Assuming they were incorrectly labelled, the only way of ascertaining the contents of all three boxes will be to pick all the contents of two boxes, so that is a minimum of

4 Marbles

Am I right?

10 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by stanisbaratheon: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
let me think
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by BlackPeni5: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
3 times...
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by EnterPRO: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2014

can't believe its you.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Mocreations(f): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
4 marbles.
You'll need to pick @ list 4 marbles from the three boxes to be certain of the correct contents of the boxes. That is:
Box 1: could be black, black
Box 2: could be white, white Then you'd know that
Box 3 has black and white.

OR:
Box 1: black black or white, white, then;
Box 2: white, black
Thereby knowing the contents in just 4 marble selection.

You could be lucky to pick:
Box 1: white, black
Box 2: black or pick white
Thereby knowing the contents in 3 selection.

But with first and second situation described above could have happened. Therefore 4 marbles is the least needed to be certain of the contents of the boxes.

I hope I make sense?

3 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Oklander: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2014
6...Because they are label incorrectly, you will need empty all the boxes!

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by adekayo1234(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
let me Google it since I know say googled puzzle requires Google answer

Op I dan answer your question. The answer is one.
Next question

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by AdeMoss: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Let Us Set World Record For Counting 1-100,000,000,000 / Can You Name All The Wrestlers In This Drawing? / Whats Your Score ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.