Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. - Forum Games (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. (29360 Views)

Brain Puzzles, Riddles & Teasers / Picture Puzzles To Keep Your Eyes & Brain Active / The Logic Games, Riddles And Puzzles Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by anitank(f): 12:43am On Jul 13, 2014
If they were all labelled incorrectly, the fewest number of marbles u can pick is TWO.

For those of you saying it's just one marble, if you choose a black marble B from the box labeled white W, how would you be sure since the box could contain all black marbles BB or black and white marbles BW

You will have to choose two marbles from the same box to ascertain the contents of the remaining boxes
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by antartica(m): 12:49am On Jul 13, 2014
Two.Just pair it up and label it as pairs,black and white.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 13, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

[size=14pt]Answer: 1 marble, from the box marked "white-black"[/size]

Here's my logic:

Possibility 1:
• You draw one white marble from the box marked "white-black".
• Because we know each label is incorrect, we know that of the two possible identities (white-white and white-black) only white-white can be true.
• The box marked "black-black" cannot be white-white because we have already deduced its location. It cannot be black-black, because its label is false. Therefore, the box marked "black-black" is white-black.
• The box marked "white-white" is left with only one possible identity: black-black.

Possibility 2:
(the inverse of Possibility 1)
• You draw one black marble from the box marked "white-black".
• Because we know each label is incorrect, we know that of the two possible identities (black-black and white-black) only black-black can be true.
• The box marked "white-white" cannot be black-black because we have already deduced its location. It cannot be white-white, because its label is false. Therefore, the box marked "white-white" is white-black.
• The box marked "black-black" is left with only one possible identity: white-white.

***** scribble pad *****
WB (w) = WW, (b) = BB
WW = BB, WB
BB = WB, WW

3 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by VoodooDoll(m): 1:17am On Jul 13, 2014
Either two marbles or zero marbles if this is a trick question.

Two marbles to get a bw mixture in each box or zero marbles if a trick question that just involves relabelling the boxes.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Gbabee1(m): 4:02am On Jul 13, 2014
The minimum number of balls to be picked is 6
Since d box was incorrectly labelled, then best way to correct d labels with d content of d box is to empty it and then rearrange.
Last answer is SIX (6)
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by oniguguru(m): 4:25am On Jul 13, 2014
Just two. Open the first and second boxes. You definitely know the content of the third.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by abes(m): 4:50am On Jul 13, 2014
1 marble

Based on the fact the labels are wrong:
Fact 1: Box labelled bb either contains bw or ww marbles
Fact 2: Box labelled bw either contains bb or ww marbles
Fact 3: Box labelled ww either contains bb or bw marbles

You only need to pick one marble from the box labelled bw:

Possibility 1: If black marble is picked, then the other marble must be black (Fact 2), then
box labelled ww must contain black - white marbles (Fact 3 and we already know the bb box previously), then
finally, the box labelled bb must contain white-white marbles (Fact 1 and we already know the bb and bw boxes previously).

Possibility 2: if white marble is picked, then the other marble must be white (Fact 2), then
box labelled bb must contain black - white marbles (Fact 1 and we already know the ww box previously), then
finally, the box labelled ww must contain black - black marbles (Fact 3 and we already know the ww and bw boxes previously).

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by adexmuhyi(m): 5:33am On Jul 13, 2014
MoyoGENERAL: There are three boxes which each contain two marbles: one has two white, one has two black and one has one white and one black marble. Each of the boxes also is labelled as to its content, but each label is incorrect. What is the fewest number of marble you could remove from the boxes and look at in order to definitely determine the content of all the three boxes?

Rules..
The next logic puzzle will only come up when there is an answer to the existing puzzle...
Answers provided may require explanation.
You are allowed to cheat....lol

let the game begin.....

seriouslly,i see no reason why u guyz shuld rack ur brain on dys question wen d answer is very obvious,,now,lemme jst help u guyz out,,
THE ANS IS 3ce
d reason why it is 3 is b'cuz we have 3boxes labelled wrongly nd it is clearlly known to us dat one of d boxes must contain 2whites or 2blacks or white&black.
D question now is d fewest numba of times u can pick d marble to detect d content in odas
now lets take for example dat u're lucky to pick frm d multi color box first wich contains white and black ,dat makes 2pick like dat,d oda 1 pick wil jst be picked witout stres cuz if it's black den dat'l be d black box and vice versa

3 Likes

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by samceezhar(m): 5:50am On Jul 13, 2014
I think d answer is 3! Here's my submission:
For White-White and Black-Black
Already, d boxes ar labeled incorrectly.
if u pick a box (not knowing its contents) and u pick d Ist marble, and its white, u'll av to pick anoda to knw its contents...if d 2nd is white...dats 2 possibilities.
U den pick a second box, d ist marble givs u black, u'll wanna knw what d nxt marble is; and if d 4th one is black, u already knw d 3rd is d White-Black box. THIS GIVES US 4 POSSIBILITIES.
For White-Black and White-White/Black-Black
U pick a box, d ist is white, pick a 2nd, and its black. U now knw d WB box; but u need to locate either d WW or BB to knw deir location too. U pick d 2nd box, pick a ist one and its white...u already knw wat its 2nd marble is and derefore what's in d 3rd box. THIS GIVES 3 POSSIBILITIES AND D ANS SAYS D LEAST U CAN PICK, THEREFORE ANS=3
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by DesChyko: 6:14am On Jul 13, 2014
Chei..
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Carinaflo(f): 6:23am On Jul 13, 2014
The fewest number of marble you can remove and look at is TWO (2) marbles
Since EACH box is INCORRECTLY LABELLED; remove the two marbles in box A, that gives you the knowledge of what is in box A then swap the labels on box B and box C.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by akraym(m): 6:36am On Jul 13, 2014
timsbee: Am on front page again ooooooooo.... Chai! Na only me waka com oooo *singing Doro bucchi*
I double dare you

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by LordReed(m): 6:44am On Jul 13, 2014
This is a true brain teaser.

The answer is one marble from the box labeled bw.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by saintneo(m): 6:45am On Jul 13, 2014
anitank: If they were all labelled incorrectly, the fewest number of marbles u can pick is TWO.

For those of you saying it's just one marble, if you choose a black marble B from the box labeled white W, how would you be sure since the box could contain all black marbles BB or black and white marbles BW

You will have to choose two marbles from the same box to ascertain the contents of the remaining boxes

try choosing a marble from the box labeled WB, then you can deduce the rest without taking another pick.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by mumubynature(m): 7:05am On Jul 13, 2014
50calibre: 3 boxes each containing 2 marbles

Box A = WW

Box B = BB

Box C = BW

Assuming they were incorrectly labelled, the only way of ascertaining the contents of all three boxes will be to pick all the contents of two boxes, so that is a minimum of

4 Marbles

Am I right?
correct
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by LordReed(m): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2014
mumubynature: correct

Wrong

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Yewandequeen(f): 7:17am On Jul 13, 2014
majamajic:

Am I on the FP of NL ?

no you're on back page
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by mumubynature(m): 7:38am On Jul 13, 2014
3boxes
Box1 two WHITE balls
Box2 oneWHITE oneBLACK ball
Box3 two BLACK balls
Overall number of 3WHITE balls,3BLACK balls
If u pick first ball WHITE u picked the second WHITE same box.Luckily u picked WHITE again in the second box.No need to check further cuz u are very sure that the remaining ball in the second box is BLACK which make the uncheked box two BLACKS
Answer=Minimum of 3balls
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by mumubynature(m): 7:41am On Jul 13, 2014
LordReed:

Wrong
yeah wrong!check my new post i might be right
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by LordReed(m): 7:53am On Jul 13, 2014
mumubynature: yeah wrong!check my new post i might be right

Sorry to be a spoil-sport but still wrong.

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by apheyz(m): 8:12am On Jul 13, 2014
just empty the whole boxes, that way u'd be able to ascertain the contents of each of the boxes as empty.. simple!!!!!!
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by wildchild1: 8:23am On Jul 13, 2014
Where is the op abeg? Come and give us the answer :d
2Marbles is my own answer
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by orlandotch: 9:09am On Jul 13, 2014
Minimum is 3.
This can only be possible if u first select the box with a black & a white marble and looked at d two marbles in it.
Selecting one more mable frm any of d two boxes will definitely reveal the contents of d remaining two boxes.
E.g. If u looked at a mable frm one of d remaining two boxes and d colour is black. Then d second mable in d box will b black & the third box will contain two white marbles.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by purity80(m): 9:19am On Jul 13, 2014
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by timsbee(f): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2014
Jasi7:

Whats wrng wit dis sick being...have ur bank account been credited afterwards!
its u dat is sick.... I cant express myself again abi? Watch wat u say pls if u are not impressd wit my comment, just scroll away nd move to the next thread #singing nd dancing DoroBucchi again#

1 Like

Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by smladeoye(m): 9:44am On Jul 13, 2014
The Correct answer is 1. The lowest number of marbles that can be picked to determine the correct contents of each box is one (1).

Explanation:
Since each of the three boxes are incorrectly labelled, then the incorrectly labelled box labelled as Mixed or as Black/White, will actually correctly contain either 2 Blacks OR 2 Whites. Therefore to correctly determine the contents of each box one simply needs to go no further than to pick a ball (one ball) from the box that has been incorrectly labelled as Mixed or Black/White. Now, assuming the ball picked is Black, we then already know that that box is supposed to be labelled BLACK. Again, for the other two boxes to be incorrectly labelled in this scenario the one incorrectly labelled BLACKS will contain 2 whites and the last box incorrectly labelled WHITES will correctly contain Mixed marbles or Black/White.
Also, assuming the ball picked from the incorrectly labelled box labelled as Mixed was white, then the box incorrectly labelled white will correctly contain 2 BLACKS and the last one will contain the Mixed marbles. (This of course is the way its done without having a look at the contents of the box). FINISHED !!!
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Timcy2(m): 9:55am On Jul 13, 2014
The ansa is 2. Since they are all labelled in correctly. Pick two 4rm same box. After knowing d content, inter change d label of d remaing two.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by ice74: 10:33am On Jul 13, 2014
5 balls
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by mumubynature(m): 10:49am On Jul 13, 2014
LordReed:

Sorry to be a spoil-sport but still wrong.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by emexlumba(m): 11:11am On Jul 13, 2014
The answer is 2 balls. The Trick is picking the balls from only one of the bags labelled as either WW or BB (wrongly labelled). I'm kinda a lazy typist so i can't explain further , but I'm sure you'd figure it out once you think on it.
Re: Believe Me, This Is Going To Make You Sweat!.the Best Of Puzzles. by Jasi7(m): 11:14am On Jul 13, 2014
timsbee: its u dat is sick.... I cant express myself again abi? Watch wat u say pls if u are not impressd wit my comment, just scroll away nd move to the next thread #singing nd dancing DoroBucchi again#

Tonzo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Name All The Wrestlers In This Drawing? / Whats Your Score ? / Let Us Set World Record For Counting 1-100,000,000,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.