Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (18824 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by MegMich(m): 10:51pm On Jul 15, 2014
dabossman:

Zimbabwe? So Zimbabwe have won the Nations Cup? That's the extent of your football knowledge? I won't waste my time with you. Go and employ your World Class coaches like Largerback and co. I'm sure they'll win the World Cup in 2018.

Whatever! I have made my point made. Meant Zambia!!!
Reping Naija.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Fulaman198(m): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2014
Rossikki: Keshi, NFF, and at least some of the SE players are corrupt. I suspect they took money from somewhere to fix their games so as to not go beyond the second round. Match fixing issues. There was so much more they could have done to qualify for the knockout stages and excel. From Enyeama to Keshi to NFF. They deliberately messed up in my view, for personal gain, and are not to be trusted by Nigerians.

But it's not personal gain though, usually I agree with you, but right now my brother I disagree. If you perform poorly at a world cup, you eliminate chances of club teams being interested in you. That in the long run can be detrimental to the Super Eagles.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by inzek(m): 8:03am On Jul 16, 2014
How can a coach drop nnoso igabor.sunday mba and ike uche and take shola amobi.azeez and gabriel to world cup.
keshi must go.
pls nff.we need sunday olisa and siasia combination now
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by dabossman(m): 9:46am On Jul 16, 2014
inzek: How can a coach drop nnoso igabor.sunday mba and ike uche and take shola amobi.azeez and gabriel to world cup.
keshi must go.
pls nff.we need sunday olisa and siasia combination now

And you already know the kind of players they will select? Did Siasia select Mba when he was coach? Did he use Omeruo or Oboabona? Were Onazi and Emenike an integral part of Siasia's team? Is it not the same Keshi that turned those guys into our first team regulars. Did he not bring Babatunde that turned out to be a revelation? You keep on focusing on the players he didn't invite while over-looking the ones he brought into the team. How many games did IK Uche and Igiebor play at the Nations Cup even though they were in the squad? They could as well have been at the World Cup and still not play a single minute.

Did Siasia not kick out Osaze and Mikel from his team? At the end of the day you all called for his sack, even though he wasn't a bad coach. If the Oliseh and Siasia combination you're proposing don't win the next Nations Cup, will you not call for their sack as usual?
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by dabossman(m): 9:49am On Jul 16, 2014
Fulaman198:

But it's not personal gain though, usually I agree with you, but right now my brother I disagree. If you perform poorly at a world cup, you eliminate chances of club teams being interested in you. That in the long run can be detrimental to the Super Eagles.

Don't mind Rossikki and his likes abeg. Shouting match-fixing is a new fad for them. Whenever the team loses now, it is match-fixing. Nigeria is such a super-footballing nation that they can't lose a game except it was fixed. SMH.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by vicky85(f): 1:43am On Jul 22, 2014
DeeMain: I think Nigeria should use this transition period to find a great coach who can fit into our system.

I have issues with Keshi. Keshi is not tactically savvy. Yes, he has won us the Nation's Cup, but we shouldn't allow that to cloud our judgement. His team has no shape, his team lacks basic organization (they are all over the place). The commentators were even alarmed and made fun at how poorly organized we were. His substitutions and choices are mediocre (remember Reuben Gabriel for Onazi). What of his choices of players to the WC? How can an ambitious coach go to the World Cup without a bench? And yes, he sacrifices merit (remember Chigozie Agbim, etc). His awareness and proactiveness is low. France hounded us for all of 25 minutes before they scored without a reaction from Keshi. Save for Enyeama it would have been another tale. Lastly, Keshi has poor man-management skills.

I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. Keshi should not be rewarded for his mediocrity.

What's our vision for our team? Where are we going? These questions should inform our decisions not sympathy or emotional interest.

We house a quarter of all black people on earth. We are a giant. We are the hope of Africa. Let's raise our standards. Africa is looking up to us.

My submission
Who is talking? You that failed WAEC 3 times. Wrote JAMB 5 times and finally resulted to enter school on probation is now telling us you have an issue with Keshi...please, try and wash your Ass. You have no say here cos you are not an authority in Sport. You are not a player, not to talk of being a coach before. You think its local government chairman! Grow up and look for a job. Keshi is still the coach either you like it or not
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by DeeMain(m): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2014
vicky85:
Who is talking? You that failed WAEC 3 times. Wrote JAMB 5 times and finally resulted to enter school on probation is now telling us you have an issue with Keshi...please, try and wash your Ass. You have no say here cos you are not an authority in Sport. You are not a player, not to talk of being a coach before. You think its local government chairman! Grow up and look for a job. Keshi is still the coach either you like it or not

God bless u! It's all there is to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019 CAF Awards: Algeria Named African Men's National Team Of The Year / Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism / Enyeama Is Returning To The Super Eagles Squad - Coach Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.