Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract (18823 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by kechywillz(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Deeman: keshi should be awarded a new contract,he is building a team,wen he achieves what is expected of him,you will clamor that he remains the only coach to coach SE,For ur info,he is going nowhere coz GEJ is backing him up,ur criticism lacks tangible reasons for him not be reinstated.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Bigsteveg(m): 5:44pm On Jul 13, 2014
I agree Keshi has ego problem, and he very partial but i still believe he has alot to offer us. We cant just keep sacking coaches and expect our super eagle to perform.
Lets see wot he wanna do in this upcoming qualifiers den we'l know wot to do.
I also agree dat he has being lucky, but we also need our best players, a good coach dont go about quarelling with his best players cos he (ask AVB)

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Iceman296: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2014
Keshi should stay. He unexpectedly won the Afcon and qualified us through to the second round of the World Cup. He simply needs to add more tactical Input in the squad and rid out Strolling objects Like Mikel.

The Super Eagles need Consistency and thats what leaving Keshi would institute. Typical examples are what Joachim low and Sabella is Doing now.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by BabaO2: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
tonytony208:

you pple keep on flogging this tactical/ technical competency issue. How did he beat CIV and Mali at NC? how did he beat Morocco at chan from 3 goals down? How will you describe musa's first and second goals against Argentina? So you think a tactically incompetent coach would have been able to bring that out of a team (i mean musa had never been a regular scorer for SE)? If you call his achievements mere luck, then it means you will go to any length to make his achievements look like nothing; a disgusting sign of pure hate.

Mr man a beg leave keshi alone. He has shown he is better than any other coach nigeria had ever employed aside westerhof and as a result, he deserves to be retained. What he needs is time and not your pullhimdown tactics and pitiably destructive criticism.
Hey...!, players abilities, scoring goals are not done by the coaches, we are talking about technical inputs of the coach, his choice of substitutions, his technical reformations immediately a goal is scored or looking for goals etc Keshi doesn't have any of these. If Ejide had caught malaria and Enyeama had injury I wondered who would've manned the post.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by BarryX(m): 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
One of the few reasons I. Dislike Nigerians

Every Lazy Nigerian is a Mouth-tactican cum footballer ! They can decipher who a bad coach is, from their big head
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by eluquenson(m): 5:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
Since he won the AFCON championship he has been overhyped & he really didn't improved.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 13, 2014
Well said bro..a thousand likes..dont mind those keshi bootlickers;dunno ow sum peeps tink sha..to dem;keshi is mini god cox he won afcon;keshi can only conquer africa;but he's too dumb and too egoistic to conquer the world..i hope he gets fired..oliseh all the way
mikeansy:

Stephen Keshi is asking for a pay rise after achieving what in Brazil if I may ask? We did not win any match convincingly in Brazil.

After the experience of taking the likes of Mohamed Gambo to confederation cup you will think Keshi has learnt not to experiment on players for the first time at major tournaments and I was one of those who championed that Keshi should be given a free hand.

Well Keshi was given a free hand and some key players in the afcon squad who also were part of the qualifiers were left out for new players!

Keshi's squad selection to the World Cup was reckless

Why did we list 8 defenders 6 off which are traditional center backs?

Why did Keshi take 5 midfielders, 2 regulars and 3 rookies. Ok Babatunde turned out alright but should we be testing players at the World Cup? Ramon Azeez was simply too nervous to be taken, Rueben had not played up to 10 competitive football for 2 years. These are facts Keshi could have established before camping and he did not require 3 weeks of camping to know these! Sunday Mba would have given us a back up to Babatunde at least but Uchebo was taken instead and when the time came Keshi was no longer confident to play Uchebo. Why were Igiebor and Ogude not in the squad at least?

These are the poor decisions which Keshi made ahead of Brazil. I for one will hope Keshi carry on for continuity and stability but he must eat the humble pie and accept that he made too many wrong decisions and did not do his homework well. This is not time for Keshi to bully everyone with talk about more money or terms and condition of his contract because he simply did not cover himself in glory at Brazil.

For god sake Onazi got injured and we had no credible response from the bench and that's the basic reason we lost to an average French side!

Keshi needs to calm down and learn his trade more and improve. And yes he is the most successful Nigerian coach as the records show I still don't believe that he is the best tactical coach we can produce at this moment! Filipe scolari is a World Cup winner and former Chelsea coach, is he more tactically sound than roberto Martinez at Everton? I will say no!

Sunday Oliseh may have no experience but he has a more tactical mind than Keshi.

I like what Keshi is doing encouraging home based players and giving the young ones a chance but major tournaments like the World Cup is not the place for 1st time experiments!
Except may be we have other agenda other than attempting to win the World Cup!

If Keshi can not calm down and do his job within the remits provided in his previous contract then he can move on let NFF appoint another Nigerian! What we learnt in Brazil is if you give Keshi a free hand he can become reckless.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by JideTheBlogger(m): 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Yes oo. Imagine, a team without a player that can play free kicks.. We wasted corners, free kicks. No pattern, nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
eluquenson: Since he won the AFCON championship he has been overhyped & he really didn't improved.

A prophet is with honour except in his own country. A man's enemy are members of his household
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ichidodo: 5:55pm On Jul 13, 2014
Keshi should be given a long term contract,we cannot stress enough how much we,at this critical point of our first football golden age since the class of 94-96, stand to lose if S.A successfully poaches the Big boss....
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Gynacologist(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2014
leshi shld go joor:::::i c no reason y pple praise him....poor team selection cosed us d world cup:::: world cup nat a tornament to kom nd b xperimenting playaz::::dropping mba ideye igiebor nd uche fo som inxperiened playaz nd still claimin mr ryt....world cup is al abt xperience blended wif youthz......whch cosd brazil nd england....keshi is just a lucky coach dnt rily knw if he is related to godluck......ma 2 cent..
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 13, 2014
Emmysteve: MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.
wat is dis one saying sef?pure rants..fuming like a castrate.d toothless buffalo..so no 1 has d right to criticize "ur egoistic keshi?" Go and sit down jare;if u wana act dumb;quote me..ode
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
continuity continuity continuity continuity longterm contract longterm contract!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Solobenny(m): 6:07pm On Jul 13, 2014
ClintonNzedimma: Dude, Keshi should stay.He has brought up young players, our problem @ d mundial was mainly inexperience.....any interferrence into wat keshi is building could be catastrophic or good but that is wat we dnt knw
biko he shud jare, how can u get at 79th minute and u be like "God damn it, we av lost it".. Dem dy equalise 3secs to go.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by obeski13(m): 6:08pm On Jul 13, 2014
D protagonists and antagonists of keshi av valid points,depending frm wish angle we want to look at it.if want to look at result,i can conviniently say dat he has done well to be retained.but if we want to look at it frm d other side,i can say that we need a more technically sound coach.judging by d performance of algeria and ghana,they were better than us.i want to state that if we were to be in d group that algeria were,we may not av qualified for d second round..it is true keshi won d nations and got to d second round of d world cup. but,it seems d performance of d team has been declining.its a warning sign dat something is wrong.we dont wait until it boomeranged in our face bf we act.how far can his luck take him is a matter of time

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by morningsta(m): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
Obviously NFF is not willing /has no money to invest in any world class coach. We are better off with Keshi instead of some foreign quack. If only Keshi and Sunday Oliseh can put their egos aside and work together, it would have been our best option.
Keshi's performance at the 2014 world cup has exposed him (not savvy technically). That is of great concern. I believe NFF has been generous enough with the new contract that guarantees him of N7 million a month. If he is not willing to accept the new contract, May be we should try our luck with Sunday Oliseh.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by gebest: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
ALL I KNOW IS THAT KESHI REMAIN THE GREATEST INDEGENOUS COACH NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2014
Bosque.. Won the World cup for spain 4years ago and 2 European titles...Wana ask Op, will u tell me he is a bad coach? He left J.Navas, Negredo etc
To be sincere, I was expecting D.Villa to start ahead Costa and Torres.
@OP, tactics do fail at times. Matches are won on d field. SAF, Mourinho, Guardiola, Arsene Wenger are good coaches but all have tasted heavy defeats in their coaching careers...pls let Keshi be

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by watchindelta(m): 6:22pm On Jul 13, 2014
me no thy against keshi oh, but even if he try am go aother country em! fowl yash go open oh!
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by keemness(m): 6:40pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ayolaw2003: Bosque.. Won the World cup for spain 4years ago and 2 European titles...Wana ask Op, will u tell me he is a bad coach? He left J.Navas, Negredo etc
To be sincere, I was expecting D.Villa to start ahead Costa and Torres.
@OP, tactics do fail at times. Matches are won on d field. SAF, Mourinho, Guardiola, Arsene Wenger are good coaches but all have tasted heavy defeats in their coaching careers...pls let Keshi be

And who says spainards want de bosque to stay?
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by cheguevera: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
RU[color=#990000][/color]TUNE IN TO WATCH WORLD CUP FINAL CLOSING CEREMONY
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by eluquenson(m): 6:47pm On Jul 13, 2014
toyetade:

A prophet is with honour except in his own country. A man's enemy are members of his household
parable & yet we ain't blind to see his selections, if not for intervention of osaze after serious criticism by the keshi. We all know why he refused to include ike Uche & some other talented players, he's been bribed... Yes he's, we don't need to ponder about it, he did like the whites, we all saw Brazil as worst as Tahiti.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by Emblj: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2014
How do u access someone's tactical and technical depth without coaching experience or record ?

mikeansy:

Stephen Keshi is asking for a pay rise after achieving what in Brazil if I may ask? We did not win any match convincingly in Brazil.

After the experience of taking the likes of Mohamed Gambo to confederation cup you will think Keshi has learnt not to experiment on players for the first time at major tournaments and I was one of those who championed that Keshi should be given a free hand.

Well Keshi was given a free hand and some key players in the afcon squad who also were part of the qualifiers were left out for new players!

Keshi's squad selection to the World Cup was reckless

Why did we list 8 defenders 6 off which are traditional center backs?

Why did Keshi take 5 midfielders, 2 regulars and 3 rookies. Ok Babatunde turned out alright but should we be testing players at the World Cup? Ramon Azeez was simply too nervous to be taken, Rueben had not played up to 10 competitive football for 2 years. These are facts Keshi could have established before camping and he did not require 3 weeks of camping to know these! Sunday Mba would have given us a back up to Babatunde at least but Uchebo was taken instead and when the time came Keshi was no longer confident to play Uchebo. Why were Igiebor and Ogude not in the squad at least?

These are the poor decisions which Keshi made ahead of Brazil. I for one will hope Keshi carry on for continuity and stability but he must eat the humble pie and accept that he made too many wrong decisions and did not do his homework well. This is not time for Keshi to bully everyone with talk about more money or terms and condition of his contract because he simply did not cover himself in glory at Brazil.

For god sake Onazi got injured and we had no credible response from the bench and that's the basic reason we lost to an average French side!

Keshi needs to calm down and learn his trade more and improve. And yes he is the most successful Nigerian coach as the records show I still don't believe that he is the best tactical coach we can produce at this moment! Filipe scolari is a World Cup winner and former Chelsea coach, is he more tactically sound than roberto Martinez at Everton? I will say no!

Sunday Oliseh may have no experience but he has a more tactical mind than Keshi.

I like what Keshi is doing encouraging home based players and giving the young ones a chance but major tournaments like the World Cup is not the place for 1st time experiments!
Except may be we have other agenda other than attempting to win the World Cup!

If Keshi can not calm down and do his job within the remits provided in his previous contract then he can move on let NFF appoint another Nigerian! What we learnt in Brazil is if you give Keshi a free hand he can become reckless.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by easyelliot(m): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
Keshi has equalled westerhoff's accomplishments good job. But the super eagles have not grown in 20yrs, and tactically we have taken steps backward.

Keshi needs to stop yapping and accept SA offer, unless he wasnt being honest about the offer or SA saw the way we played and promptly changed their mind.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by kingthreat(m): 6:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
ijechikky: Clement Westerhof won the 1994 Nations cup and took the Super Eagles to the 2nd round of 16 at the 1994 world cup and our own local coach Stephen Keshi also achieved the same by winning the 2013 Nations cup and still took the super Eagles to the 2nd round of 16 at this years world cup...I think he deserves it and got 2stay..

People like you wallow in mediocrity
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by IAMBREEZY: 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
DeeMain: I think Nigeria should use this transition period to find a great coach who can fit into our system.

I have issues with Keshi. Keshi is not tactically savvy. Yes, he has won us the Nation's Cup, but we shouldn't allow that to cloud our judgement. His team has no shape, his team lacks basic organization (they are all over the place). The commentators were even alarmed and made fun at how poorly organized we were. His substitutions and choices are mediocre (remember Reuben Gabriel for Onazi). What of his choices of players to the WC? How can an ambitious coach go to the World Cup without a bench? And yes, he sacrifices merit (remember Chigozie Agbim, etc). His awareness and proactiveness is low. France hounded us for all of 25 minutes before they scored without a reaction from Keshi. Save for Enyeama it would have been another tale. Lastly, Keshi has poor man-management skills.

I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. Keshi should not be rewarded for his mediocrity.

What's our vision for our team? Where are we going? These questions should inform our decisions not sympathy or emotional interest.

We house a quarter of all black people on earth. We are a giant. We are the hope of Africa. Let's raise our standards. Africa is looking up to us.

My submission
trash

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ukandi1(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
Keshi has contributed his quota to football in Nigeria.
The lion cannot be greater than the jungle.
Its time to let Keshi go. Let him seek greener pastures in another land.
My humble submission.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by mechanics(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2014
DeeMain: I think Nigeria should use this transition period to find a great coach who can fit into our system.

I have issues with Keshi. Keshi is not tactically savvy. Yes, he has won us the Nation's Cup, but we shouldn't allow that to cloud our judgement. His team has no shape, his team lacks basic organization (they are all over the place). The commentators were even alarmed and made fun at how poorly organized we were. His substitutions and choices are mediocre (remember Reuben Gabriel for Onazi). What of his choices of players to the WC? How can an ambitious coach go to the World Cup without a bench? And yes, he sacrifices merit (remember Chigozie Agbim, etc). His awareness and proactiveness is low. France hounded us for all of 25 minutes before they scored without a reaction from Keshi. Save for Enyeama it would have been another tale. Lastly, Keshi has poor man-management skills.

I believe we had a bad World Cup. If the Ref had allowed Dzeko's goal maybe we wouldn't have qualified for the 2nd round. 1 draw, 1 ref assisted win, 2 losses and a bad team is not good enough 4 me. Keshi should not be rewarded for his mediocrity.

What's our vision for our team? Where are we going? These questions should inform our decisions not sympathy or emotional interest.

We house a quarter of all black people on earth. We are a giant. We are the hope of Africa. Let's raise our standards. Africa is looking up to us.

My submission
, dats right, NFF should bring in a coach dat has tactics and discipline shud b minimal, assuming Ikechukwu was in d squad, we cud av done well.
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by ugoezeik(m): 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
Emmysteve: MUMU you go and replace him na. Ediots keeps hating while Keshi keeps breaking new record. I am ready for any bastard that doesn't want Nigeria success.
hahahahahaha l luv U my man! Tell Dem. Na so Dem no dey cherish wetin Dem get. One luv man! Keshi till Jesus come
Re: Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract by unculu: 7:10pm On Jul 13, 2014

My submission
keshi shd go. He plays blind futbol. He was able to win African cup of nations shdnt cloud our right judgement. He lacks managerial skills. He cannot change games. Computer age futbol requires a manager who is calculative and constructive. Keshi is mechanical and old-fashioned in his style of futbol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Age Scandal! Stanley Okoro: Heartland Winger Aged 30 Playing For Nigerian U-17s / 2019 CAF Awards: Algeria Named African Men's National Team Of The Year / Enyeama Is Returning To The Super Eagles Squad - Coach Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.