Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

I Want To Quit My Banking Job - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Quit My Banking Job (37727 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / Should I Quit My Job Now And Get Over N8m Payoff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Felinize: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
Pls keep it until u find a better alternative
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2014
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE JOB? DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH SAVINGS? CAN YOU STARTUP A GOOD BUSINESS WITH HALF OF YOUR SAVINGS? If your answer is over A year, yes, yes then quit. If otherwise, then i advice you hang on to your bank job till you get a better job or till you have saving enough to startup a business you can manage.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by olutunde12(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2014
mahmudsani: Hello All,
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.

It's he who is passing through a situation that can explain. I quite feel you. Some of these jobs can be frustrating. Please don't let the people you work with or the job itself push you. It is good if you want to set up your own company or something. If not, i advise you to endure it the more. Please. You will however need to be on the look out. God will help us.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2014
Don't quit now, get a replacement before taking such decision.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Sike(m): 6:39pm On Jul 14, 2014
Quit now and be sorry later.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by islovehard: 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
rationalmind: Bro, trust me the banking job is more interesting than unemployment

Hilarious but damn right honest.......except off course...you want to follow a dream

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by smudge2079(m): 6:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
Fool, submit ur resignation letter to ur manager tomorrow & see how being unemployed feels like
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by DikSin(m): 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
Pls I want to quit my banking job bc I don't find intersting any more, pls advise me.

Can u sing like terry-g or sky-b
If yes, like this comment & forward ur cv to my PM here on NL.
Cheers
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by bliss2al(m): 6:52pm On Jul 14, 2014
de guy dey try make frontpage ni.

wen people dey find work like person wey dey find gold u get one com dey dia dey run ur mouth.

maybe ur father sister's husband brother Na Aliko Dangote
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by AdeniyiA(m): 6:53pm On Jul 14, 2014
OP, all you needed to do is write a resignation letter nd give it to the Manager.
chikena!
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
I HAVE READ ALL YOUR COMMENTS ON THIS MATTER AND I AM DISAPPOINTED TO NOTE THAT 90% OF YOU guys said exactly what my friends said when i quite my job, now i have packaged myself and got a better job but 90% of them are still looking for job. MY BROTHER PLZ MAIL ME LET ME ADVICE YOU ON WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU QUITE THE JOB AND AFTER YOU QUITE THE JOB. flux4flux@live.co.uk

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by ibe9ja: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2014

It is very okay to quit. Just ensure u apply for unemployment benefit after quitting. I'm sure u won't be disappointed.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 14, 2014

I HAVE READ ALL the COMMENTS ON THIS MATTER AND I AM DISAPPOINTED TO NOTE THAT 90% OF guys said exactly what my friends said when i quite my job, now i have packaged myself and got a better job but 90% of them are still looking for job. MY BROTHER PLZ MAIL ME LET ME ADVICE YOU ON WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOU QUITE THE JOB AND AFTER YOU QUITE THE JOB. flux4flux@live.co.uk
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by excellentmomma(f): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2014
CocoLoca: responses on this thread are what encourage employers to treat employees anyhow cos they know there is desperation in the land

op do what you must, you won't die if you quit but you may die (hypertension) if you stay

try start a business first or look for a less-demanding job even if pay is lower

good luck
1,000,000 likes jare, babes God bless u a million times. Haba Our God even said, look at the birds of the air, he takes care of them how much more us. Op will be surprised he will put his creativity at work and employ others dan being hand cuffed in misery where he is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by ogawisdom(m): 7:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
If u quit this job u may come back to beg for it unless u r making d equivalent of ur salary frm sth else nw
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by ibe9ja: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2014
justi4jesu: Are you quiting because of a new offer or you want to go home and count your ceiling...

You cannot value what you have until you loose it..

You better think twice bro.. undecided

Wrong. In Naija u can value it before u loose it. Op don already knw wetin go happen to am if he quit. Him don value d disaster already. He is just kidding and enjoying our replies. Yeye dey worry am

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Ashmark(m): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
There is no job that is interesting, you as a person make it interesting for yourself...

Even if U have ur own business and U dont make it interestin to ursef, U will get bored of it.

Are U a contract staff or full staff? Am asking ds because contract staff in the bank aint find things easy...They are alway thinkin
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Giannakopoulos(f): 7:06pm On Jul 14, 2014
are you a marketer?,if yes,then I can't convince you to continue.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by ibe9ja: 7:07pm On Jul 14, 2014

Ohhhhk sorry o, e be like say OP na woman o and na marketing department she dey- meaning dem go don disguagua her punnany badly because of target matter. No wonder, because her post no first make sense to me but now it does. U can quit jare, no mind dem bankers. Dey are a bad people.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Ashmark(m): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
There is no job that is interesting, you as a person make it interesting for yourself...

Even if U have ur own business and U dont make it interestin to ursef, U will get bored of it.

Are U a contract staff or full staff? Am asking ds because contract staff in the bank aint find things easy...They are alway thinkin
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by 007gal(f): 7:24pm On Jul 14, 2014
If you have a passion for something that you know can bring in cash.. Give yourself a time plan in researching and making enquiries while saving as much as you can.
This could be a period or 6 months or more.During that period, if time allows, start the process and get a feel of working on your own. Then plan a clean break from the grind called 9 to 5.

Better still get a less demanding job that would booster your career even if they pay less. Just for some time to get yourself back. I know of people who go on career breaks but that won't apply here in Naija cos of the expenses and all.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by jonath0012(m): 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2014
hmmm...Someone is planning to quit the job I'm fasting and praying to get.....There is God oooo
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
You can quit if you have another source of income that's steady. You can visit the website below to learn how I make money legitimately on my own.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by KLand(m): 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2014
Look before you leap. Simply.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 14, 2014
This is a mistake many graduates and under-graduates make .
1: Do not assume that your major in the university will be your career in Life. My CEO is a Veterinary Science Graduate with an MBA in Finance
2: Do not relax in a job that can easily be performed excellently by a younger, less-qualified person(s), always seek to improve yourself in areas that are relevant "Business-Driving" areas. any Service-rendering Desk job will always make you expendable.
3: Always look at career changing decisions every 1yr and 6months.. The Business environment is as dynamic as that, look to improve on what skills you already have and streamline it to the to 5 most paid and popular roles in your industry.
4: My Group CFO is a Mass Communication's Graduate.. go figure

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by disloman(m): 7:48pm On Jul 14, 2014
rationalmind: Bro, trust me the banking job is more interesting than unemployment
Sometimes,unemployment is better than some jobs.if u knw what I mean.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2014
busuyem: U can quit if there's better alternative but don't try quiting if there is no other source of providing soup money for ur wife oooo, else u will soon knw that women are not that nice. Best of luck.
i concur
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by mikedanza(m): 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
I used to work in a bank too. The monotony, drudgery and military like seniority can be killing. Its sedentary nature too does not help the health and development of the mind. Targets can subdue you if you work in marketing.

But on the flip side. ..

It sure pays the bill (banking is one of the few well paid occupations in Nigeria besides oil and gas),

you also get to meet people which is good for networking,

you can get bulk parts of your salary as upfront (if your bank does that) which you can use to start a business, make sure it picks before u consider leaving

you can easily get consumer loans as a staff

you come in contact with different business plans for people wanting to take loans ( you can see some ideas you might be able to replicate...the best ideas are copied and modified...innovation is expensive, risky and untested except you have sufficient capital, capacity and time)

lastly, perhaps you should take a study leave and study abroad in order to see the world and broaden your horizon

But ultimately you must have a backup plan in order to quit jobs in Nigeria. except you work in sensitive areas like IT forensics, Treasury, OR are a marketer who can ALWAYS control your CABAL where u can easily re-enter after a hiatus.

Best of luck!!!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by Jhayeahsam01(m): 8:14pm On Jul 14, 2014
if bh has giving u invitation to join emm.. quite if not de smell ppls moni inside bank.... think twice boss

ur u wan establish church and bcome g,o, if u need pastor pls call me 080nijar
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by airsaylongcon: 8:26pm On Jul 14, 2014

how long have u been on d job? From experience the first 3 months on a new job (in my case cross-field career) can be hell. Everyday you go dey mumu urself and are really clueless. But winners dont quit and quitters dont win. Rock and roll with d punches and read read read! I studied computing but currently work in distribution. My first 3 months i thought i would die as i was really clueless. But trust me if u wanna make a career in ur current job, u have to weather the storm. Do ur job and dont allow people push work to you. Banking is tough but trust me purified gold comes from d hottest fire. Again i say, Rock and roll with the punches
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by breakeven: 8:27pm On Jul 14, 2014
pls quit if you have gotten another job. from experience Banking job is the most boring, insecured job in nigeria.Having moved to another job i realized i was suffering and wasting away in the bank.But as i have said only if you have secured another job. if you think u can take the plunge,why not.Afterall life is all about risk.No risk no gain.
Re: I Want To Quit My Banking Job by osolomio: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2014
Exactly what is your function in the bank?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mechanic Pictured Training His 2-Year-Old Son In Akwa Ibom State / One Legged Man Carrying Cement Bag (Photos) / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.