Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,331 members, 7,826,322 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) (14761 Views)

Trailer Crushes Police Vehicle On Aba-Owerri Road (Photos) / What I Saw On The Street Of Port Harcourt / The Pathetic Condition Of Nigerian & Black African Migrants Stranded In Morocco (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by vanndubi: 1:07am On Jul 14, 2014
It is with heavy heart I present before the house, the deplorable condition of part of Port Harcourt /Owerri federal road.

The last time I visited Owerri was in November 2013. By then, RSG has completed its section of the expressway on behalf of FG and IMG was working from Owerri end on behalf of FG. I was in PH on Saturday and I decided to travel to Owerri on Sunday to spend the day there. Sunday morning, I hit the road.

I was hoping to have a jolly good ride. Omagwa to Elele was less than 20 mins n I was like cool but on entering Imo, I was like sad why has the contractor not completed the work to merge with the completed Rivers side.

I was like shocked when I came face-to-face a sight very difficult for me to describe. I started having doubts if I was in 2014. It was like a war tore area like it was 1970 just after the civil war or like Okigwe /Afikpo federal road back in the 90s.

I looked at my phone to confirm the date. Lo n behold, it was 2014 shocked shocked shocked A trunk A road linking two cities in African's Biggest economy. I was about to have a fit undecidedwhen I saw a truck carrying 20ft container literally broken into two(possibly as a result of bad road). My phone still in my hands, I decided to take a few shots.

FG should remember that federal roads are their responsibility, that IMG is only helping, that imo citizens pay their taxes like anyother citizen of Nigeria and that "there is God in everything we are doing. Then, to IMG, why start FG project when you know you cannot finish it, why?

I don't know exactly how government works but I am appealing to Owelle to do his best to complete the Imo side of the road. Maka ndi Igbo n'asi n'ihe foro otu, agwula agwu. Ana achu aja, ka ikpe ana ama ndi mmuo.

Hope after posting this, sleep will come (I'm still recovering from the shock of yesterday's morning) undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 14, 2014
Nigerians are used to bullshittt already.That road is as old as moses white beards.

By the way, I am first to comment.

6 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by omanifrank(m): 7:05am On Jul 14, 2014
na
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by omanifrank(m): 7:06am On Jul 14, 2014
lynpetra: Nigerians are used to bullshittt already.
na u talk am oo
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by olatunde1234: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2014
Very bad
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by hydeekam: 7:06am On Jul 14, 2014
so..
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 14, 2014
ko i don hia
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Talkcentral: 7:07am On Jul 14, 2014
t
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by justi4jesu(f): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2014
thats sad to know this road is still like this sad
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by JideTheBlogger(m): 7:08am On Jul 14, 2014
Na wa ooooo...
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 14, 2014
Talkcentral: t

Not fast. tongue
Next time pray first in the morning! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Ezedon(m): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2014
But we ve people in power called F G that claim to be the best

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by phayvoursky(m): 7:10am On Jul 14, 2014
Personally; I'm tired of commenting on Nigerian roads. When I get to a bad road; I try my possible best not to get stuck and when I'm out of it; I move on with my life.

Nigeria is a country where the govt feels no pressure from the masses.

2 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by lakpalakpa: 7:11am On Jul 14, 2014
Fresh air from Jona-daft..

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:12am On Jul 14, 2014
GEJ has returned us back to stone age.

3 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by dridowu: 7:12am On Jul 14, 2014
Hmmmmmm i am very speechless. One one day e go beta for me and you

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Yoney007(f): 7:13am On Jul 14, 2014
How long must these go on
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by alfredo4u(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2014
I cried the day I took that axis

This is what u can't see in the north no matter the

BOMB BLAST

2 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by disloman(m): 7:18am On Jul 14, 2014
Jona is working. grin

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by cool318(m): 7:19am On Jul 14, 2014
I mentioned this road earlier in the thread that said 70% of FG highways are motorable.
Guy the road is a nightmare, we had to make a u-turn earlier this year & Follow Aba to Owerri.
Its Horrible, yet we have Second term campaigners.

3 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by jodeci(m): 7:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Still wonder why the OP failed to point out that the road is under construction by Arab Contractors,if the OP is not naive he would have known that Rochas cannot award or work on a road that has already been awarded.

He just wants to be heard and we don hear.That stretch of road is about 50%completed,i guess the delay is due to paucity of funds..we know milestone payment stuff.

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2014
Na only GEJ waka come?
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by donigspain(m): 7:21am On Jul 14, 2014
What about the monitoring team setup to look after the progress of the project.
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by kabba7(m): 7:23am On Jul 14, 2014
[b][/b]
That road is a trunk A 4lane road just completed by the Jonathan administration it was destroyed by his enemies APC ,Buhari , OBJ ,Atiku ,patience Sambo and others please ask the TAN group for detail explanations .
That road is in perfect condition .
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Akshow: 7:25am On Jul 14, 2014
Fresh foul air till 2019 hehehehehehe
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Akshow: 7:27am On Jul 14, 2014
kabba7: [b][/b]
That road is a trunk A 4lane road just completed by the Jonathan administration it was destroyed by his enemies APC ,Buhari , OBJ ,Atiku ,patience Sambo and others please ask the TAN group for detail explanations .
That road is in perfect condition .
This same road we are seeing above is in perfect condition? Obj, atiku and apc to be blamed? Really? When are u going to lay blame, no matter how little to the drunkard fisherman in aso rock? When?

6 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by victorazy(m): 7:28am On Jul 14, 2014
Oya Jonathan go and do the road!!!
Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 14, 2014
What are our leaders doing with tax-payers money? Don't they travel out,and see how other nations are? They are just wicked,and heartless. They won't know peace for putting people through this hardship.

2 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by cupidFlint(m): 7:31am On Jul 14, 2014
I personally confirm the authenticity of this report. I passed through that same road yesterday and kept wondering what went wrong. The poor condition of the road,the funniest part being the heavy loaded truck that broke into 2. It was indeed a funny sight. FG need to do something to that road.

2 Likes

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by fingard02k(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2014
R.I.P to the road

1 Like

Re: Pitiable condition of Port Harcourt /Owerri road (Umuapu axis) by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 14, 2014
Keep calm, GEJ ll get to it by 2035 with the rate he is going

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Irukera Seeks Probe Into Foreign Airlines ‘Predatory Pricing’ Against Air Peace / British Army Recruitment (Hopefuls) Lets Gather Here / Leaving Nigeria Is A MUST!!, Please Help !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.