Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,739 members, 7,820,545 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. (61234 Views)

SHADOWS: A published legal & crime NOVEL by a NAIRALANDER / Lost but Satisfied / All Published Authors List Your Book/books And Past The Link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Noah13: 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
JigsawKillah: First Seat!!!! Ride On Sir

SAW
sorry man, you'd have to send that e-mail to this address -Jmarvel360@gmail.com-. I kinda lost the password to the one i used when registering on nairaland.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by JigsawKillah(m): 9:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
Noah13:
sorry man, you'd have to send that e-mail to this address -Jmarvel360@gmail.com-. I kinda lost the password to the one i used when registering on nairaland.

then change it thru ur profile

SAW
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by labaski(f): 10:37pm On Jul 16, 2014
D9ty7: I want to call on my friends who have been with me through thick and thin. When I debuted my story writing career here they accepted me even though I wrote rubbish and gradually I became a better writer and they(the readers) became a better critic.
I'll start from writers who started before me.
The rock555, Temitope Daniel, Queen xstar, Kingzpen.
Those who came after me.
Stefikal, Flakkydagirl, Elantracey, Noble4d.
And the important readers of my stories.
LogoDWhiz, Walewunmi, Hameenat94(even tho she no longer reads my story), dammygoody, Timothy3113, Mohammed11, Mikkyphaton, Kingphilip, Yemlizzy, Lorlaahlozz, Snowprincee, Tapout, Habenz, Aisha, Uthman51, Labaski, PrinceAdepoju, Balley, Temmytayo20, Jaywonluv, Danpersie31, Tohero, Horpybabe, Domido, Bishopkay, Baba ireti, Sexy sapphire, Haybeeb, Omotolaray, Melancholy, Beckytee, Ormorlehwah, Sangarara, Chyluv1000, handmaid, ohibenema, reallysure, ogogoro92 and others whom I don't have their name in writing.
D9ty7 is kickstarting another story am sure you don't wanna miss out.
always wt u dearie.. pls mention my name wen u start d story as an alert..tnks..
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by walewunmi(m): 12:10am On Jul 17, 2014
Oh well I really enjoyed d last update...I must commend u d9ty7 u don upgrade oh grin...I look 4where 2criticize and I cud not find any unlike ur oda stories,I rily give u a thumb up...pls don't disappoint me now ehn!!!keep up d good work bro....walewunmi says so....#i wud be back and I xpect sumtin more hot#
I'm lyking dis story and d way its written u can neva say u know wat wud happen next...suspense filled,from d way it looks I tink clement is a philanderer (just my 2cent oh b4 sum1 start to attack me).
I wanna make a shoutout to DYGEASY..I don't know y though just wanna mention ur name looool
Okay I know y DYGEASY cum and read dis story godammit u are on holiday aint u!!!!?(Abeg no brk my lil head wen u see dis loool bt den again #shiiiit happens#cheesy)
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:06am On Jul 17, 2014
Please watch d use of ur present and past tenses, u av a lot there. Its in you! make we dey go, na suspense u don use start, eager to know d reason behind the disapproval sharp sharp. .. Mawnin to A BOSS!

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:08am On Jul 17, 2014
aunty Flakky, I sight u ma, hope you've done something to MY HUSBAND. Uncle Wale wunmi, I greet u sir... grin

and D9ty7, my boss, im I free to drop d lnk to dz story on my thread, blog/ facebook page?
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Ormorlehwah(f): 5:51am On Jul 17, 2014
Boss, More greeze to ur elbow
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2014
--continuation--
Tonia walked out of her bedroom looking radiant in her native atttire of Ankara sewn to taste, a very short gown that stopped above her knees thereby bringing out her killer curves. She has a black leather purse and a black ladies shoe. Her makeup was so deep but all the same it made her so sexy.
The 26 years old graduate who stood at 5ft 7inches light in complexion got into the sitting room to find her childhood friend, Tonye watching television. Tonye was exactly like Tonia, she was an inch shorter than Tonia, a little bit fair in complexion, she was twenty four years old also a graduate. She was dressed in a bum short and a pink coloured tank top.
"Babes, where to?" Tonye asked suspiciously.
"I have an appointment with Chief Henry." Tonia replied.
"This time tomorrow you'll be in money." Tonye said laughing.
"Now you got it." Tonia replied.
The two girls chatted for a few minutes talking about their past outings and the ones to look forward to.
"You know what babe? I felt the urge to call Miss white collar job." Tonia said.
"So did you call her?" Tonye asked raising her voice.
"Calm down now. I didn't call her." Tonia replied.
"She'll come back to beg."
the two ladies laughed over one of their past jokes.
Taking a last look at herself Tonia asked. "How do I look?"
"Sweet." her friend replied.
"See you tomorrow." Tonia said as she exited the house. The time was 8:30pm.
Gloria was just returning from lectures since morning. She was very tired as she was scheduled to attend four straight lectures on that particular day and each lectures not lasting less than two hours and to cap it up all the lecturers are very boring that you won't understand a thing they are saying. She was very angry with Dr. Frank who came thirty minutes late and suprised them by giving them an impromptu test, thank God she was able to answer two of the three questions.
She knocked on the door to her hostel.
"Welcome dear." Tola her room mate greeted her seeing how tired she looked.
"Is there anything to eat in this room?" Gloria asked.
"I cooked rice." Tola replied.
Gloria kicked off her shoes, and changed her perspirated clothes. She walked away from her wardrobe to find Tola setting her food on her small reading table. She is a friend indeed.
Five minutes into her meal Gloria spoke for the first time since she started eating hungrily.
"I'll be travelling home tomorrow." Gloria said.
"Hope no problem?" Tola asked.
"Am missing mummy and I want to use that opportunity to visit Aunty Tina in her new apartment." Gloria said.
"My regards to mummy and don't come back empty handed from Aunty Tina's place o. Tell her I said so.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Flakkydagirl: 10:26am On Jul 17, 2014
This is getting better but...

I can't get the names sha,i dnt who Tonia,Tola,Gloria and Tina is...can you shed more light pls.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Flakkydagirl: 10:30am On Jul 17, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: aunty Flakky, I sight u ma, hope you've done something to MY HUSBAND.
Good am sir....

I'm still on it,ManLordForJesus;a reader is trying his best for me.

Even when i get it all,i can't repost everything again.

I appreciate your effort and your concern sir.

Thank you.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by moseph(f): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nice story.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 4:50pm On Jul 17, 2014
It's great to be in my Duro 's abode once again.
This story is promising, thanks for sharing.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Oga mi what shall I say than ride on,
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Danpersie31(m): 8:21am On Jul 18, 2014
d9ty ride on chairman.. u are on d wheel
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 10:12am On Jul 18, 2014
--continuation--
The next day at work Tina got to work very early to start work before the arrival of her secretary or Mr Clement. She started printing out copies of the total number of contracts awarded to the company. Something Lola, her secretary is supposed to do but to reduce the workload on her she decided to help her with it so when Lola comes she'll spiral band the papers into about twenty copies to be submitted to various departmental heads and their assistants including the CEO, whom she is yet to meet in person.
"Good morning madam." Lola greeted.
"Good morning Lola, how are you doing?"
"Am fine ma. What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Am helping you reduce the workload for today. Anyways am almost through with the computation, all you need to do now is print out twent copies of each page then you spiral band it. Making it a total of twenty copies to be produced." Tina instructed as she stood up and made for her office.
"I really appreciate your kindness. The CEO will be in office today." Lola said to her retreating figure.
Two hours later
Tina has been less busy since she left Lola's office two hours ago. There has not been much to do.
There was a knock on the door,
"Come in." Tina said.
The door opened and Mr Clement the contract valuation manager walked in smiling.
"What the hell is he looking for now?" Tina asked herself.
Clement walked in and sat down without being invited to sit. He was staring at Tina while Tina was trying to take her eyes off his. The silence was killing, for the past two minutes no one has said a thing.
"I guess you are here for a staring competition which am not interested in." Tina said rudely.
"Don't be rude am your boss." Clement replied.
"How may I help you?" Tina asked.
"I want to take you out on a date after the closing hour today." Clement said.
"Why will you take me out on a date? Its not like we have any thing between us except the relationship between two colleagues." Tina replied.
"You should at least offer me a drink or are you keeping them for the future?" Clement asked pointing to the refrigerator that stood at the far end of the office.
Just then the telephone rang.
"Tina on the line." She said on picking the call.
"The CEO wants to meet you." Lola said.
"Okay. I'll be there in a jiffy." Tina replied.
"Just look good." Lola said laughing.
Tina dropped the telephone and looked at Clement who was frowning.
"I have to be in the CEO's office." She said.
"I'll wait for you here." Clement replied.
"Excuse me?" Tina asked loosing her temper.
"I'll be back later." Clement said as he stood up and exited the office.
Tina hissed as she adjusted her hair and straightened her cloth. She walked out of her office instructing Lola to take down her messages.
The CEO's office
Tina got to the front of a door marked with an Inscription THE OFFICE OF THE CEO. A lady was seated behind her table just beside the door.
"Hi." Tina said.
"Hello." The lady replied.
"I want to see Mr Raymond." Tina said.
"You must be miss Tina?"
"Yes."
The lady picked up the phone and put a call through to Raymond asking for permission to grant Miss Tina entrance.
"You can go in." The lady said on dropping the call.
Tina walked into the CEO's office her heartbeat increasing to two beats per millisecond.
"Good morning sir." Tina greeted.
Raymond raised up his head from whatever he was doing on his computer system.
He got strucked with her beauty as he couldn't take his eyes off her.
"Have your sit." He said almost stammering.
Tina managed to sit down even though she was marvelled at Raymond's handsomeness.

END OF CHAPTER 1
Isn't this love at first sight?

3 Likes

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by kingphilip(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2014
Isn't this love at first sight?
If u ask me? Na who I go ask?

Ride on boss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 10:40am On Jul 18, 2014
CHAPTER 2
Tina was lying down in her one room apartment reading a novel on a sunday afternoon dressed in a tank top and a short pleated skirt. Her room was designed to taste, it was painted skyblue and the curtains are also a combination of white and skyblue same with her bed spread. Her cosmetic trolley stood beside her wardrobe just beside the window while her reading table was perfectly place at the foot of the bed on which some books were place and her own personal computer.
Then her phone rang bringing her faraway mind back to present.
"Hello Gloria how are you?" Tina asked.
"Aunty Tina, mummy is sick o." Gloria replied.
Tina's ears stood up at once.
"Sick? Which hospital is she in?" Tina asked.
"St. Bathias private hospital." Gloria replied.
"I'll be there in a jiffy." Tina said as she sprang up and removed her tank top and put on a more appropriate skirt and with this she sped out of her room.
She got to the main road before the realisation hit her that she didn't take her purse. She ran back into the house to meet her door ajar. She entered picked her purse and locked her door and hurriedly walked to the main road where she took a bike and off she left for the hospital.
The bike man dropped her just in front of the hospital she got down paid him and didn't bother to wait for her change. She ran though the step based on her sister's description.
"Oh! Am very sorry." Tina apologised when she realised that she had bumped into a man.
"No problem." the man said adjusting his cloth.
Tina made to leave but the man seems to be blocking her way.
"My name is John." The man said extending his hand for a handshake.
"Am Tina." She replied getting impatient.
"You seem to be in a hurry. Let me not keep you waiting." The man said as he stepped aside for her to go.
Tina walked away without replying the man.
She got into her mother's ward to see her sister Gloria seated beside their mother who was sleeping.
"Welcome sister." Gloria greeted.
"How is mama doing?" Tina asked.
"She is on her second drip. Though the doctor said this will keep her for some days." Gloria replied.
"Where is the doctor's office?" Tina asked.
"I don't know but ask the nurses downstairs." Gloria replied.
Tina exited the ward and went downstairs to ask for the direction to the doctor's office.
"Good afternoon sir." Tina greeted the ederly man that sat down with a stetoscope hung accross his shoulders.
"Yes. How may I help you?" The man asked.
"I am here on behalf of the woman admitted in ward 18b." Tina replied.
"Okay. Mrs...." The man tried to remember.
"Mrs Obinna." Tina completed.
"Her case is a very critical one and we'll need two hundred and fifty thousand naira to get her back and to start the treatment you have to pay at least fifty percent in advance within the next forty-eight hours." The doctor explained.
"What!" she exclaimed.
"If you'll permit me I have a patient to attend to." The doctor said as he stood up and exited the office with a heartbroken Tina.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by TemitopeDaniel(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2014
kingphilip: Isn't this love at first sight?
If u ask me? Na who I go ask?

Ride on boss
lol.. abi oh no b him??
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Kaymania(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
Weldone..bro
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Uthman51(m): 1:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Welldone boss
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by arabaribiti(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2014
following you bumber to bumber
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by toykathy(f): 5:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
This worths my tym, all i am saying........give me update
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by Queenxstar(f): 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
Just going to keep my fingers crossed.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by domido(m): 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bros,no vex i no know say u don start anoda story.
D question i av z based on d interview; does dat type of interview really exist or its just fictnal? Cos i had 2 go tru dat part ova n ova cos i was scared.
Secondly,bros abeg wat d'u wanna do to d oda story b4 d tsunami? Pls dont say u wont continue. I know aw it feels. E no go beta 4 dose hackerz.

1 Like

Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by moseph(f): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2014
Good job,keep the good work.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
The interview z just one of my numerous imaginations that I decided to put into writing.
Concerning my previous story have asked the pple in authority to delete it but they are yet to. I don't know what will happen to it sha but first I have to finish this present one.
domido: Bros,no vex i no know say u don start anoda story.
D question i av z based on d interview; does dat type of interview really exist or its just fictnal? Cos i had 2 go tru dat part ova n ova cos i was scared.
Secondly,bros abeg wat d'u wanna do to d oda story b4 d tsunami? Pls dont say u wont continue. I know aw it feels. E no go beta 4 dose hackerz.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
So many comments to reply. What can I say other than THANK YOU?....
Queen xstar, Toykathy, domido, moseph, arabaribiti, uthman51, kaymania, Temitope Daniel.... I sight everyone of you.
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
Update resumes tomorrow.....
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by GraceEzeh(f): 11:38pm On Jul 18, 2014
D9ty7: Update resumes tomorrow.....
Keep it coming
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by toykathy(f): 2:26am On Jul 19, 2014
Kindly update nau, ve bn refreshin dis page like kilode
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:04am On Jul 19, 2014
--continuation--
After her meeting with the Doctor, Tina went back to her mother's ward to give the news to her younger sister and after deliberation Tina suggested that she go seek help with her friends.
So early the next morning which was monday, Tina dressed up and went to her friends place.
"This on that we see you today. Hope we are safe?" Tonia asked jokingly.
Tina smiled and faced her two friends.
"Babes, my mum is sick." Tina said forcing back tears.
"Sick? Ehya! Hope she is getting better now?" Tonye asked.
"She is not. In fact we need two hundred and fifty thousand Naira for her treatment of which fifty percent is to be paid upfront." Tina explained.
"So how can we help you?" Tonye who has the listening ears asked.
"If you can borrow me the money at least hundred thousand i'll pay you by month end." Tina explained.
"We'll help you." Tonia said.
"Thank you babes. Devil won't have a reason to make our friendship go sour." Tina prayed as she embraced the girls.
Then Tonia dropped the bombshell.
"I'll give you my appointment with Senator Ndume. All you need do is spend the weekend with him and name your price."
Tina felt heartbroken that moment, all hopes lost, no one to turn to.
"Please don't do this to me." Tina pleaded.
"Do what? You are talking as if you're a novice in this business. Are you a virgin? Aren't you one of us before you answered God's call?" Tonia asked.
"We all know am no longer one of you. I've found peace on God's side. All I need is your help am out of this business for good." Tina explained.
"I understand but we all know how it feels when you are being ravaged by a man whose wife is in Canada. We can't suffer ourselves and give you the money cheaply. Go and feel it like we do." Tonia said dropping a complimentary card on Tina's laps.
"My mother must not die."
"She won't by the special grace of God." Tonye prayed.
"And you may as well take your leave." Tonia said.
"I should leave?" Tina asked foolishly.
"No, stay, sleep and eat. The kitchen door is opened. Tonia said laughing as she exited the living room with Tonye leaving Tina heart shattered.
Tina picked herself up and left her friends place without picking the complimentary card.
By the time she arrived at her place of work the time was 8:15am. She was fourty-five minutes late already.
"Good morning madam." Maryam one of the receptionists greeted.
"Morning." She replied gloomily as she signed in and walked into the elevator.
She got into her office dropped her bag and said a short prayer. Then she proceeded into the restroom to reapply her messy makeup.
She re-emerged a few minutes later to begin the day's work. She opened her computer and somehow clicked on the day's to-do list and met the shock of her life. A meeting of all the departmental heads with the CEO was to hold between 8am and 10am. As stated, she was to represent Mr Clement who started his leave on that day.
She hurriedly shut down her computer, picked up a notepad and walked to the conference room. She pushed the door opened and met about fifteen peering eyes on seat including the handsome Raymond. She proceeded to the only empty seat tagged CVM(contract Valuation Manager)
The meeting continued for the next ten minutes before the CEO asked a question.
"Can we have the master copy of all the contracts valuations?" he asked directing the question to no one in particular.
Tina knowing at once that the question was meant for her asked.
"You said?"
"You heard me right." Raymond replied angrily.
It was then it dawn on her that she had failed woefully on the day she is supposed to prove her effectiveness at work.
"Sir I don't have it with me now." Tina said.
"And why is that?"
"Mr Clement didn't hand it over to me before he went on leave."
"Did you ask?"
Raymond had lost his temper then as he kept on ranting about her inefficiency.
"Meeting resumes by after the lunch break." Raymond declared as he picked up his Ipad and bottle of Coke. He walked out of the conference room.
Everyone stood up after him, passing disgusting comments about Tina. Thay all left leaving only Tina in the conference room.

--to be continued--
Re: Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. by D9ty7(m): 8:08am On Jul 19, 2014
More updates to comes. #charging

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+ / Nephilim / Wole Soyinka: Things You Never Knew About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.