Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US (33054 Views)

I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes, Says Buhari / Nigerian Military Uncooperative And Slow To Learn – US Hearing / I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes - Gej (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:03am On Jul 14, 2014
I'm not surprised, their C-in-C is slow to learn. He has been in government since 1999, and has held all executive positions yet is still clueless.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by knockturnal(m): 11:10am On Jul 14, 2014
I have seen enough movies, read enough books and articles an gone through enough pictures to know that US isnt any better.
Who is better than US in covert human rights violation?
Terrorism is comparatively new in Nigeria than the US. Everyone not only our soldiers are still in d process of learning.
Where they not slow too to learn in their battle in Vietnam. They even lost sef.
They should go and sleep!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 14, 2014
Wot do u expect from a military dat is full of cow brain abokis and greedy Generals
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by fydence: 11:14am On Jul 14, 2014
The US cn go to hell for all I care... Somebody has refused to do ur will ..so nw we are slow to learn, why una never find where the girls dey since with una high tech...rubbish propagandists...and shame to all the gullible nigerians they succeed in decieving...y'all are mental slaves
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by vanstanzy(m): 11:15am On Jul 14, 2014
Blockus: [b]Nigerian Military Slow to learn?! grin grin grin

Blame it on our education system.. grin

Dem no fit 'sort' or 'block' or 'settle' their way out of this one. grin

Our Military syllabus covers only the following topics;

1. Crude and harsh workout exercises to make them impervious to pain and kill off whats left of their humanity.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/706055_punishment_jpgf4e16cdd4c1785954cea7b24a2b39750

www.nairaland.com/attachments/705762_Sho_jpg04b57951b2b2899278f508dfe588d794

2. How to drill/terrorize/intimidate civilians.

[img]http://dollyumez.files./2014/05/army-fighting.jpg[/img]

3. How to drive in Convoy with Sirens and Break all existing traffic rules and regulations..

4. How to mount solid Checkpoints for collecting bribe purposes.. grin

5. How to retaliate against BRT buses that dare to knockdown an Officer on the BRT lane. grin

6. How to drill a Civilian wearing Camouflage material.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1421250_Aaaaaa_jpgacbbf2f4a26a51c3ea9e9507b8958b56

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1421876_chai_jpgf4d3ff2ca86be029141fbd124f3e31c1

7. How to Shoot.

Any other course outside this curriculum, they will fail. grin
[/b]

Nice! Just dont allow urself to be caught by the Naija army.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by fydence: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2014
knockturnal: I have seen enough movies, read enough books and articles an gone through enough pictures to know that US isnt any better.
Who is better than US in covert human rights violation?
Terrorism is comparatively new in Nigeria than the US. Everyone not only our soldiers are still in d process of learning.
Where they not slow too to learn in their battle in Vietnam. They even lost sef.
They should go and sleep!
nor mind the western fools.... Nw we are slow to learn...
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2014
vanstanzy: Some people here will be quick to defend their Naija govt. Lets tell ourselves the honest truth, we know how bad it is in govt circles, corruption, insensitivity and all.
Pls for the sake of integrity, which the Naija govt have never had, lets not treat this news with a pinch of salt.

Nigerians are overly proud, with little reason. We have that reputation. If you ask any African to say one word about Nigerians, they will say "arrogant" or something similar. I have friends from Mauritius, Liberia, Ethiopia, Morocco, and they all know the stereotype.

So this story does not surprise me in the least. My mother once corrected her older brother's grammar and he never forgot it. Her own brother. Now imagine the way the ruling class would take criticism. Or Nigerian soldiers used to making civilians jump. I know they won't listen to anyone.

Neither do some of the comments in this thread surprise me. Nigeria is like a boy who, instead of being upset that his father is dancing naked in the street, is angry at the people laughing. They say the truth is bitter. We know the truth, but when someone outside says it, people feel insulted.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by swedbase(m): 11:18am On Jul 14, 2014
Idiotic nigerian military only active when dealing with an ordinary civilian, Bunch of cowards.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by BodyKiss(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2014
slimmy05: What's all this rubbish for? The US military should go and sit down. Their presence are not felt at all after all the propaganda and media stunt.

Did you even bother reading the post before typing rubbbish?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by vanstanzy(m): 11:23am On Jul 14, 2014
fydence: The US cn go to hell for all I care... Somebody has refused to do ur will ..so nw we are slow to learn, why una never find where the girls dey since with una high tech...rubbish propagandists...and shame to all the gullible nigerians they succeed in decieving...y'all are mental slaves
Now i see ur point. U loose ur keys in ur house and u call ur neigbhour or better still an outsider to come look for it.
Naija govt lost those Chibok girls in Naija and not Chicago, so let Naija govt search for her girls by herself, and if they cant, they can at least try and cooperate with superior powers to ensure their speedy rescue.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by logica(m): 11:24am On Jul 14, 2014
MissMeiya:
My mother once corrected her older brother's grammar and he never forgot it. Her own brother.
Oh that! Never correct an erring Nigerian! If you do it privately, he may JUST forgive you. But publicly? That is a BIG slap on the face.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by BodyKiss(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2014
Promhize: F*ck you, US. Since they volunteered to help and Nigeria duly accepted, they've had nothing good to say about Nigeria. Always trying to incite violence and promote protest at the least possible opportunity. How is that helping?

Typical Nigerian, hide the truth to save face.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by amnestylaw1(m): 11:26am On Jul 14, 2014
It seems to me that, unlike the 63 NA service members of old who were the real soldiers, today military men in Nigeria, especially our soldiers, are no better than the Boys Brigade.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by revolt(m): 11:27am On Jul 14, 2014
Why the fck shld nigerian soldiers learn 4rm US(diabolical imperialists).

Our soldiers are capable.
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by Nobody: 11:27am On Jul 14, 2014
logica: Oh that! Never correct an erring Nigerian! If you do it privately, he may JUST forgive you. But publicly? That is a BIG slap on the face.

So you understand me. And this whole article.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by 1stola: 11:33am On Jul 14, 2014
BabaO2: I don't need to be told. I know it, that is why I don't respect them. If everyone has gun they are nobody.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by seedorfg(m): 11:38am On Jul 14, 2014
Wat do u expect 4rm a leaders dat Is Clueless, definately d follower wuld b CluenessnesS an dullard

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by ogene70: 11:41am On Jul 14, 2014
Promhize: F*ck you, US. Since they volunteered to help and Nigeria duly accepted, they've had nothing good to say about Nigeria. Always trying to incite violence and promote protest at the least possible opportunity. How is that helping?

thank you my brother, i just wonder if these guys hating on Nigerian military actual read global news to understand that no one but you alone can fight internal terrorism. how has America helped in iraq and afghanistan with thousands of soldiers deployed to those countries? The same Nigerian millitary was the first troop French soldiers in Mali agreed to work with cos of their expertise yet America tells us our Soldier are not corperative...i smile something in these statement ; is either the Americans are ploting against Nigeria or the didnt get what they wanted out of the deal.
i have notice their comments about Nigeria is becoming incitful and those who claim to *know too much* on nairaland seem not to have noticed else, they wont be hating on our millitary.
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by fydence: 11:43am On Jul 14, 2014
vanstanzy:
Now i see ur point. U loose ur keys in ur house and u call ur neigbhour or better still an outsider to come look for it.
Naija govt lost those Chibok girls in Naija and not Chicago, so let Naija govt search for her girls by itself, and if they cant, they should try to coperate with superior powers to ensure their speedy rescue.
some how in ur books everything the US says is correct... I guess u knw little abt how crafty these guys are...u think the US cares abt the girls.. They are here for their interests only...and those interest myt nt exactly coincide with ur welfare...if u think otherwise go and ask the iraqis hw they are enjoying their US led 'liberation'
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by adwem2003(m): 11:46am On Jul 14, 2014
Where is Tafa Balogun? Tell him Jonathan Promo is ongoing...Alamesiegha, Fani Kayode, Omisore are all saints if you can speak good of GEJ."

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by Litmus: 11:47am On Jul 14, 2014
you have to be disappointed that the Nigerian army have been adjudged by the Americans as "slow to learn". I would be much happier if the Nigerian army had been adjudged as being absolutely unable to learn. See, the thing is, "slow to learn" in the complex Socioeconomic/political and racial interaction between Nigeria and America simply means, that the Nigerian army refuses to seed sovereignty to the American. This might be in sharing intelligence, abandoning our own hard-won military lessons in relation to local environments in favor of that of the Americans; refusing to act as if America has all the answers; stubbornly but deservedly drawing reference to mistakes Americans made in their own COIN operations in Afghanistan and Iraq; reacting as adults would to condescending and paternalistic American attitudes; remembering American Mali Army training, the resultant capitulation of said Army in the face of mild Militant attacks and therefore being dismissive of the capability of American army to train Nigerian Army personnel; Nigerian personnel not taking American concerns for human rights seriously when America has no concerns about the human rights abuses of some of its most enthusiastic clients such Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Iraq, Pakistan and others.

I only hope that in all this Nigeria recognizes that America is not our Friend and that we can keep our dignity, persevere thorough this difficult times without being panicked into capitulating to American condensations because of pressure from the ignorant Nigerian public and Mediarati- such as exhibited here on Niraland by some. Nigeria should be encouraged by the fact that there are now other powers to turn to for hardware and that there are also a growing list of Nations that share our experience of terrorism with which to network and share tactics and lessons.

If Nigeria is in any doubt, refer to our cultural learning, we know that true Friends treat each other with respect. We know that Slavers are paternalistic and are media savvy. Dont let anyone decisive you that in business and politics that there are no friends or respect.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by DGREATBISHOP: 11:48am On Jul 14, 2014
nigerian mililary are controlled by political civilans
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by vanstanzy(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2014
fydence: some how in ur books everything the US says is correct... I guess u knw little abt how crafty these guys are...u think the US cares abt the girls.. They are here for their interests only...and those interest myt nt exactly coincide with ur welfare...if u think otherwise go and ask the iraqis hw they are enjoying their US led 'liberation'

Then if the Nigerian govt knows the Americans are crafty and because of that they (Naija FG) don't need them, why then did Nigerian govt go ahead and call on them for help? Makes no sense. If you are going to call on someone you don't trust for help and won't use their advice, then do us a favour, and don't call them at all thereby wasting their time in the process.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by fydence: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2014
ogene70:

thank you my brother, i just wonder if these guys hating on Nigerian military actual read global news to understand that no one but you alone can fight internal terrorism. how has America helped in iraq and afghanistan with thousands of soldiers deployed to those countries? The same Nigerian millitary was the first troop French soldiers in Mali agreed to work with cos of their expertise yet America tells us our Soldier are not corperative...i smile something in these statement ; is either the Americans are ploting against Nigeria or the didnt get what they wanted out of the deal.
i have notice their comments about Nigeria is becoming incitful and those who claim to *know too much* on nairaland seem not to have noticed else, they wont be hating on our millitary.
God bless you..nicely summarized...too many egg heads here talking trash...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by severee(m): 12:01pm On Jul 14, 2014
vanstanzy:
The next step is to lead the way to Aso rock, bearing heavy arms. Goodluck!!!

undecided no solution huh?
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by youngmonie: 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2014
They want to discredit GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 14, 2014

There is nothing in the report about which we are unaware.
There is nothing good to say about the present Nigerian government.
Get your head out of the sand and smell the effing brown stuff plastered all over the country!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by bakila: 12:11pm On Jul 14, 2014
Nobleval: What did they expect from a military managed by bunch of abokis?

A rather shallow response. They were very diplomatic in not saying that curroption and desire for selfish political gains of those in power is the mean reason why the insurgency has thrived.
An Aboki has not smelt the office of coas of any decent operational office at army hq.
Shallow bigoted post go get laser treatment to have it reduced.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by adedayourt(m): 12:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
annoymous: I'm tired. Naija which way?

Yabaleft, use the service lane
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by zurine(f): 12:15pm On Jul 14, 2014
really
Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by nagoma(m): 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2014

You hate the truth...don't you?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Uncooperative, Slow To Learn –US by nagoma(m): 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2014
youngmonie: They want to discredit GEJ

Assuming that he had any credits before abi ?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Ranked As The Most Corrupt State In Nigeria In 2014 / Boko Haram Converts Chemistry Labs To IED Factory / APC Postpones Lagos And Imo Governorship Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.