Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,658 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy (5595 Views)

Adamawa Now Free Of Boko Haram — Nigerian Army / Revealed : Atiku Behind Nyako’s Impeachment Nightmare / Court Okays Nyako’s Impeachment Proceedings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by jericco1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2014
There's nothing funny about this, afterall he(Nyako) couldn't and didn't defend himself against those allegations, He accepted the impeachment in good fate & if care is not taken he might end up in jail, he didn't read the game well enough. I wonder what Ta'al would be thinking by now!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nctrice(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2014
ShySteady:
Are you advocating/suggesting violence? Is the bloodletting not enough already in Nigeria?
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by koboko69: 1:04pm On Jul 16, 2014
CharlesPhc:

The Notice of Resignation from the Deputy Governor can be addressed to the Governor where there is no impeachment proceeding against the Governor. As in the case of Adamawa, an impeachment proceedings has been ignited against the duo. The process of impeachment against a governor is such that automatically makes the office of the governor in a supposed 'state of coma'. Until that process is aborted or concluded, the House takes charge.

Na you write that one for constitution? Abi u get your own constitution?

1 Like

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by bokoslayer: 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

Section 306(2) states; the resignation of any person from any office established by the constitution shall take effect when the writing signifying the resignation is received by the authority or person to whom it is addressed or by any person authorised by that authority or person to receive it"

Now how do you get Nyako (who by the way has also come out to say he received no resignation from his deputy) to admit that he accepted the resignation or authorised somebody to accept it?

You make laugh. You need to learn more about the protocols and bureaucracy of government. So you think the governor of a state receives all correspondences addressed to him physically? Think again, bro

Let them go to court and you'd see how hard evidences would be presented. I just dey laff smiley

1 Like

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by bokoslayer: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

Section 306(2) states; the resignation of any person from any office established by the constitution shall take effect when the writing signifying the resignation is [b]received by the authority or person to whom it is addressed or by any person authorised by that authority or person to receive it"

Now how do you get Nyako (who by the way has also come out to say he received no resignation from his deputy) to admit that he accepted the resignation or authorised somebody to accept it?

Link the two statements in bold together, therein lies your answer. Read that and put it in the perspective of this debate. Mind you, secretaries and protocol officers are authorized by default to receive mails on behalf of political office holders tongue

1 Like

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
bokoslayer:

Link the two statements in bold together, therein lies your answer. Read that and put it in the perspective of this debate. Mind you, secretaries and protocol officers are authorized by default to receive mails on behalf of political office holders tongue

I'm guessing you have no clue how the law works!

In court, it will have to be proven (with evidence) that the governor authorised the secretary or the protocol officer to receive that particular letter and match that against Nyako's claim that he didn't authorise it!

1 Like

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by ogmask: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
ShySteady:
Are you advocating/suggesting violence? Is the bloodletting not enough already in Nigeria?

The despirados should have thought of this befor carrying out their paymaster's order.
Why couldnt they wait till 2015 to try their popularity at the polls.
They have done their part, they should live with the consequence.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by ogmask: 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2014
bokoslayer:

You make laugh. You need to learn more about the protocols and bureaucracy of government. So you think the governor of a state receives all correspondences addressed to him physically? Think again, bro

Let them go to court and you'd see how hard evidences would be presented. I just dey laff smiley

What will be the outcome of the evidence without the endorsement of the governor irrespective of who recieved it.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
IF Nyako feels that the impeachment was unconstitutional, he should GO TO COURT... This is exactly what Peter Obi and Rasheed Ladoja did in 2006... Their mandates was restored by the court.

I believe in Legal Process
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

I'm guessing you have no clue how the law works!

In court, it will have to be proven (with evidence) that the governor authorised the secretary or the protocol officer to receive that particular letter and match that against Nyako's claim that he didn't authorise it!
The bold is true. Funny enough, most people here are ignorant of the law. Imagine someone telling me that "The President is Sovereign" Though I kept correcting him that "It is the Office of The President That is Sovereign" and not the Person that occupies the office, he kept on arguing. I left him to his Ignorance.

Anyway, Nyako and the Assembly should slug it out in Court

1 Like

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
CharlesPhc: "Our attention has been drawn to the purported resignation of the Deputy Governor of Adamawa State Barr Bala James Ngillari which was supposedly read on the floor of the State House of Assembly. We wish to state categorically that Section 306 (5) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as Amended requires that the Deputy Governor resigns not to the House of Assembly but to the Governor. As at the time the supposed resignation was said to have been tendered in the House, Murtala H. Nyako was the Governor of Adamawa State. No such letter was written to him, none was received by him and none was approved by him. It should therefore be known that in the eyes of the Law that the Deputy Governor has not resigned.

[s]If the Governor was to resign, who would he send his letter of resignation to if not the House of Assembly? The Deputy Governor is not an appointee of the Governor but a joint elected member of the executive. The Constitution did not give the Governor the power to remove or approve the resignation of the Deputy but the House has such power and had just exercised it...!!![/s]

Section 306 (5) of the 1999 Constitution (As Amended) states that " the notice of resignation of the governor and deputy governor of a state shall respectively be addressed to the speaker of the house of assembly and the governor of the state"
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jul 16, 2014
CharlesPhc:

The Notice of Resignation from the Deputy Governor can be addressed to the Governor where there is no impeachment proceeding against the Governor. As in the case of Adamawa, an impeachment proceedings has been ignited against the duo. The process of impeachment against a governor is such that automatically makes the office of the governor in a supposed 'state of coma'. Until that process is aborted or concluded, the House takes charge.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Which Constitution abeg?
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
Iolo:

My bad...didn't read it well. This means that the Governor may decline to receive the letter or acknowledge receipt.

Gov Nyako is said to have been in Abuja as at when he was impeached yesterday. Which means he wasn't in the Government House and was even out of the state.

Wonder how all this would play out in court.
Exactly. Tinubu did it to Pedro in 2007
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by kingphilip(m): 2:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
Some questions begging for answers
Hw does a Lagos state assembly member know that a far away governor is loved by his people? A detailed explanation as to Hw adamawa state house of assembly failed to meet some requirements before impeaching would have made a good excuse instead of all these thrash he wrote up there
BTW is nyako was loved by his people as well claimed can anybody tell me if people have taken to the street to complain about his removal?
Please all those claiming it's victimization should just keep shut

1 Like

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by atlwireles: 2:13pm On Jul 16, 2014
Crying over spilled milk. Game over, as Nassarwa is the next to fall. You people call dance your ajasco as long you want. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by shizzle11(m): 2:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
the supporters of APC giving themselves false sense of hope, bunch of irritants
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 16, 2014
atlwireles: Crying over spilled milk. Game over, as Nassarwa is the next to fall. You people call dance your ajasco as long you want. tongue tongue tongue

You do know that fedora hat man is not going to be president forever? And you do know that those you hate so much (hausa/fulani) will one day be president again?

Even if fedora man survives 2015, 2019 is not far off and the precedence he is setting now will one day come to hunt us all!!!

Support illegality now and remember not to cry foul when the tables are turned!!

1 Like

Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by atlwireles: 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

You do know that fedora hat man is not going to be president forever? And you do know that those you hate so much (hausa/fulani) will one day be president again?

Even if fedora man survives 2015, 2019 is not far off and the precedence he is setting now will one day come to hunt us all!!!

Support illegality now and remember not to cry foul when the tables are turned!!

Anybody can be president after 2019., you might piss and soil your pants when you hear hausa/fulani, we don't, make no mistake about it. This is not the Nigeria of 20 years ago not even the Nigeria of 10 years ago.. The sooner most of you accept this fact, the better.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by rigarmortis: 3:02pm On Jul 16, 2014
the janjadogs, giving themselves false hope after the deed is done.

wake up and smell the coffee b1+ch35 or land in a political coffin.

use nyashKo as case study.

if you aint got backup, then shut up.
if you aint got facts then stick your opinion deep in your ar53
if you are a dirty, corrupt old politician, chop your money in silence, don't accuse nobody

end of story
end of nyakos carrer
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Olaolufred(m): 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
ShySteady:

That is the main reason why goodluck must avoid creating more Bokoharamic calamities.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Abbey2sam(m): 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
CharlesPhc:

abeg refer me to the section of the constitution where this is writen
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 16, 2014
atlwireles:

Anybody can be president after 2019., you might piss and soil your pants when you hear hausa/fulani, we don't, make no mistake about it. This is not the Nigeria of 20 years ago not even the Nigeria of 10 years ago.. The sooner most of you accept this fact, the better.

Don't worry my friend, every dog has its day.
Corruption strives in Nigeria because we encourage it and so will trampling on democratic structures!!

I agree with you, Nigeria is not the the Nigeria of 20years ago, and so will it not be the Nigeria of 10years to come where total disregard of the laws of the land will be the order of the day!!
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by ejikemichael: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2014
[quote author=Nctrice]Adamawa take to the streets! The swearing in of your Speaker is Null and Void! [/quote Adamawa take to the street the police practice their training on u
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by atlwireles: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

Don't worry my friend, every dog has its day.
Corruption strives in Nigeria because we encourage it and so will trampling on democratic structures!!

I agree with you, Nigeria is not the the Nigeria of 20years ago, and so will it not be the Nigeria of 10years to come where total disregard of the laws of the land will be the order of the day!!

Is clear we both have different definitions for the word democratic structures and a very different understanding of disregarding the law. Nevertheless, there are courts opened in this great land for any party seeking to enforce their fundamental human right.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by chacoonder(m): 3:28pm On Jul 16, 2014
How can an expired chief judge swear in an acting governor?...pdp is full of rots and maggots.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
atlwireles:

Is clear we both have different definitions for the word democratic structures and a very different understanding of disregarding the law. Nevertheless, there are courts opened in this great land for any party seeking to enforce their fundamental human right.

The office of the governor is a democratic structure, likewise the house of assembly!!

I repeat, Jonathan will not be president forever and when power leaves him, then will he know the damage he has done (and is still doing)

"All things are subject to interpretation, whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power not truth" . . . . . .Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by atlwireles: 3:53pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

The office of the governor is a democratic structure, likewise the house of assembly!!

I repeat, Jonathan will not be president forever and when power leaves him, then will he know the damage he has done (and is still doing)

"All things are subject to interpretation, whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power not truth" . . . . . .Friedrich Nietzsche

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
atlwireles:

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
Friedrich Nietzsche

You do understand your quote right?

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts. Perharps the fear of a loss of power" . . . .John Steinbeck

Nyako has just proved to all that he is not afraid to lose power, can we confidently say the same about Jonathan??
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by atlwireles: 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

You do understand your quote right?

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts. Perharps the fear of a loss of power" . . . .John Steinbeck

Nyako has just proved to all that he is not afraid to lose power, can we confidently say the same about Jonathan??

Let me end this back and forth with you by asking you to bring your A game to the polls in feb 2015. As for Jonathan, I was hoping after 5 years of underestimating him, you people might have learnt a thing or two. Nyako did not lose power. Nyako lost his pride. That was worth more to him than all the power on earth.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
atlwireles:

Let me end this back and forth with you by asking you to bring your A game to the polls in feb 2015. As for Jonathan, I was hoping after 5 years of underestimating him, you people might have learnt a thing or two. Nyako did not lose power. Nyako lost his pride. That was worth more to him than all the power on earth.

But Nyako has his head high, he didn't withdraw his letter (which was a condition) neither did he apologise to anyone to save his skin! And also, he didn't go about offering money to the assembly to save himself! He took it all like the soldier he is (with pride I must add)

Jonathan, because of desperation is lighting fires around himself! It will consume him in due time!! The very whip he uses now with impunity will be used against him and his interest!!
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by atlwireles: 4:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
torkaka:

But Nyako has his head high, he didn't withdraw his letter (which was a condition) neither did he apologise to anyone to save his skin! And also, he didn't go about offering money to the assembly to save himself! He took it all like the soldier he is (with pride I must add)

Jonathan, because of desperation is lighting fires around himself! It will consume him in due time!! The very whip he uses now with impunity will be used against him and his interest!!

I don't engage in convoluted conjecture. See you in Feb 2015.
Re: Nyako's Impeachment: Adamawa Now Has Two Governors In Pdp's Comedy by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
atlwireles:

I don't engage in convoluted conjecture. See you in Feb 2015.

Not surprising, Jonathians are not known for their intelligence!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos And The Lagos Controversy. / See 5 Billion Naira Flyover Commissioned By Buhari In February 2020 / Is There Another Peter Obi Or Is It The Same One that Governed Anambra!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.