Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- (10204 Views)

Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 / Facebook Programming Challenge Question / Mini Web Application Coding Challenge For Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by sisqology(m): 1:06pm On Jul 19, 2014
[size=15pt]The following people below this line are maybe disqualified until proven otherwise.[/size]

They fall in one or more of the reasons below
1. New user, either you are an old member and you disguised as a new member.
2. You are one of the popular people in webmasters/programming section maybe and you registered a new username
3. You registered your username either on the day of this post or not earlier than 2 days before the post.
4. Your first post on nairaland is in this thread which is your registration post.
5. You are trying to play pranks
6. They are trapped(from their previous posts), they don't look like begineers

olupython
Name: Adegbite Olukayode
Sex: Male
Languages: Python

lumet
Name: Ayanwale Emmanuel
Language(s): HTML, CSS, JavaScript

mayorlism1
name: Mayowa Sunday
sex:male
language:html, css, javascript.

tidea
name: solarin kemi.
sex: female.

codeaddict
Name: Oduah Tobi
Sex: M
Language: Python [Web2Py]
(Are you really a begineer?)

gateluv
Name: IDOWU OLAIDE RIDWAN
Sex: MALE
Language: PHP
(Are you really a begineer? You have a social network already)

[size=15pt]The following people below this line are qualified until proven otherwise. We can disqualify anytime, but for the mean time, they can start their projects. [/size]
=================================================================================================

Chrylich
Name: Idris Adetunmbi
Sex: male
Languages: HTML, CSS, Javascript

dozies1
Name: chidozie stephen.
Sex: male.
Language: python

blueyedgeek
Name: Daniel Chinedu
Language(s): HTML, CSS, JavaScript

Dlastofmykind

Name: Oniosun Ayodele.
Sex: Male.
Challenge: Development/Programming.

Daraplato
Name: Alagbe Emmanuel
Sex:Male
Language: HTML, CSS, Javascript.

zicjoe
Name: Isaac Joe
Language(s): HTML, CSS and javascript.

DharkPoet
Name: James Chrismarcel
Languages: PHP, Java

davroca16
Name: Gbarane David
Language: java

TheIROKO
Name: ORJI KELVIN KALU
Language: Java

nnasino
Name: Torti Chigozirim

Phourxx
Name: Bello folayemi
lang: python

bamoza
Name: Idowu Abimbola
Language: HTML, CSS, JAVA SCRIPT

danvery2k6
Name: Daniel Verem

DonToyBss
Name: AbdulRahmon Toyeeb
Language:Html, Css, EcmaScript()

bot101
name: okafor ikenna
sex:male

jidez007
Name: Olajide Afeez
Sex: MALE
Framework: Laravel

Babadee30
name ::: temidayo temitope
sex :::: male
language ::::: python

dyweb
name: Babalola Adedoyin.
sex: male.
language:php

timothykola
Name: Timothy Olalekan Kola
Languages: Html, Css, Javascript

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by ViktorMartins(m): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
name: Viktor Martins
language: Python
category: development
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Djtm(m): 4:53pm On Jul 19, 2014
Mayorlism1 appeared on both lists.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by olupython: 5:32pm On Jul 19, 2014
chai, why am I the first on the disqualified list na, I want a better explanation cos m a beginner programmer .... all dis disqualification u ar sharing, diaris god ooo...

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by gateluv: 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2014
I will rather keep my application.

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by codeaddict(m): 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2014
------
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by mayorlism1: 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2014
sisqology:

m a new member n a beginners! even my friend introduced nairaland to me it will really help me!m nt after d cash buh what I will gain! thanks ! buh tried n reconfirm...
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 8:00am On Jul 20, 2014
codeaddict:
I asked you a question on what yardstick you use in determining beginners, on the previous competition's thread. Your reply was vague. So, please answer constructively, this time.
Is there really a need for that question? If it were directed to me i would likely not have answered it. Honesty is part of it, if you are a professional and you are masquerading as a beginner just to win the competition, if the truth comes out eventually (and it usually does) you may not be able to live with yourself.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Ajibel(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2014
Lmao! Guys are desperate for #cash. They wanna put food on the table cheesy
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Ajibel(m): 8:07am On Jul 20, 2014
Uhm, who won season 1 I've not been able to follow this stuff.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by codeaddict(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2014
------
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 10:19am On Jul 20, 2014
codeaddict:
I'm just trying to clear the air, here. I've been coding for a while, but web's not my thingy. I download'd web2py same day I signed up for this. And 20k's really too small to soil my integrity over.
Let me explain the criteria once and for all. If you are already an experienced programmer in one language before, let us say python, and you now want to compete in PHP which you have never used before, i will not consider you a newbie, because you are simply a veteran migrating.
If you can code well in Python, and you now migrate to PHP today, you are likely to beat people that are just starting programming with PHP as their first programming language (or people who recently started programming and are yet to master it).
Once you have already mastered at least one serious programming language, we shall not call you a newbie anymore.

This is the reason you will observe that whenever a new language comes out, within a short time, you start seeing fantastic applications made in that language (by already established programmers migrating to that new language - and they are veterans and not newbies).

Based on this rather lengthy explanation, I do not see why a professional will want to do this (even if that professional was broke), it is simply unethical, unimaginable, unthinkable, shameful and completely out-of-question for any professional to want to do such a thing (i might be proven wrong mind you).

2 Likes

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by codeaddict(m): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2014
That's what I wanted to confirm.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by spikesC(m): 10:51am On Jul 20, 2014
codeaddict:
I'm just trying to clear the air, here. I've been coding for a while, but web's not my thingy. I download'd web2py same day I signed up for this. And 20k's really too small to soil my integrity over.

And it is not 20k per person. We have tiers and the maximum for a person is 6k.

Sysqology, pls update the first post with this relevant info cos it seems most people did not read the first thread
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2014
codeaddict: That's what I wanted to confirm.
You are certainly welcome.

spikesC:
Sysqology, pls update the first post with this relevant info cos it seems most people did not read the first thread
Hmn, if we have added this from the start, it would have saved us a lot of trouble - so that professionals will not be competing for 6k.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by sisqology(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
spikesC:

Yes, sure.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by sisqology(m): 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2014
mayorlism1:
sisqology:

m a new member n a beginners! even my friend introduced nairaland to me it will really help me!m nt after d cash buh what I will gain! thanks ! buh tried n reconfirm...

So, who is he?
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 2:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
[size=1pt]Laffing like scoobie-doo! this thread is fast turning into a freaking circus[/size].
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by sisqology(m): 2:47pm On Jul 20, 2014
dhtml: [size=1pt]Laffing like scoobie-doo! this thread is fast turning into a freaking circus[/size].

[size=1pt]Abi o, Dem just dey rush person[/size]
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by pastormustwacc: 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Am i fit to register?

pastormustwacc
Name: Anthony Ogundipe
Languages: dhtml

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 3:28pm On Jul 20, 2014
^^^the above registrant was requesting to be a judge BTW
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by olupython: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2014
I still demand an explanation for my disqualification
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:51pm On Jul 20, 2014
I found out my application went directly to Seun's table. can I still join?
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
olupython: I still demand an explanation for my disqualification

U were disqualified because ..

SEE POSTERS AND FLYERS FOR MORE DETAILS
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
O boy, this disqualification na wa o. @people, if you are disqualified, just take it in good faith.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by mayorlism1: 4:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
chai made a mistake! all is well!
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by GodMode: 4:14pm On Jul 20, 2014
Issorai.....
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
Abeg, am i fit to register?

Name: ------TOmmy Jidex
Sex: ----------Male
language: --Asp.NET
Category: ? ? ?
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 8:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
engrjidex: Abeg, am i fit to register?

Name: ------TOmmy Jidex
Sex: ----------Male
language: --Asp.NET
Category: ? ? ?
Disqualified see leaflets below.
[size=1pt]I might be wrong, but i dont believe you are using your real name because a search comes up with blank, provide your facebook link to cross-authenticate[/size]
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtml(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2014
GodMode: Issorai.....
You are not even qualified in the first place, so there is no need to disqualify/requalify you, but still, i shall still [tscript]choose-one ? dequalify, disqualify, dequantify, disquantify, unquantify, misqualify, misquantify : disqualification[/tscript] you all the same (just for 'trollin sake).

And i should thank you for assisting me to cancel my javascript tutorial, i was initially annoyed, but i have redirected that anger into something really positive - in fact, you may not know it, but you have been a godsent - my tutorials shall resurface - and this time i shall get more credits for my good work (and more too).

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2014
dhtml:
Disqualified see leaflets below.
[size=1pt]I might be wrong, but i dont believe you are using your real name because a search comes up with blank, provide your facebook link to cross-authenticate[/size]

Me don delete ma FB account since last year, for some resons best known to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Become A Successful Programmer? / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. / 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.