Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- (10209 Views)

Programming Challenge For Beginners N20000 / Facebook Programming Challenge Question / Mini Web Application Coding Challenge For Programmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by elvis10ten(m): 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2014
Will be waiting for season 3
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by asalimpo(m): 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2014
Only 4 people will win a prize ( 2 per category) out of the teaming contestants. That's too low. Increase the number to at least 3 per category.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by elvis10ten(m): 7:17am On Jul 30, 2014
asalimpo: Only 4 people will win a prize ( 2 per category) out of the teaming contestants. That's too low. Increase the number to at least 3 per category.
bring money to the table na. wink
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Phourxx(m): 2:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
Invitation sent
Username: Phourxx
Contest: web dev.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by danvery2k6(m): 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
invitation sent.

Adding changes a bit problematic though.

Would have done the final commit if not for data and "git add . " issues.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by bot101(m): 6:57pm On Jul 30, 2014
my laptop charging port just got burnt so can't continue with the competetion.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by zicjoe(m): 8:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
SHIT! Hardluck
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by asalimpo(m): 10:22pm On Jul 30, 2014
elvis10ten: bring money to the table na. wink

5k-first winner
3k-second
2k-third
-----
10k per category (6 winners overall. 2 more motivated contestants thn d current approach).

Or 5k,4k,3k (12k per category; 24k overall. 4k diff ) - if d 4k extra aint gonna hurt d sponsor.

Point- make it a standard competition with at least 3 winners.
2 is too scanty!!
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by kellsmartins(m): 10:52pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello every one good day,well on a more serious note I think making phronesis concepts handle ur occasion and events its an ideal one really,because they do have all what it takes to make ur event a memorable one,they cover all aspect of events finishing from logistics to mc,from d dj to the decors,virtually everything,so I suggest u contact them on for a trial on 07065713833 or phronesis @phronesisconcep on twitter handle.u will be glad u did.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by sisqology(m): 6:00am On Jul 31, 2014
asalimpo:

5k-first winner
3k-second
2k-third
-----
10k per category (6 winners overall. 2 more motivated contestants thn d current approach).

Or 5k,4k,3k (12k per category; 24k overall. 4k diff ) - if d 4k extra aint gonna hurt d sponsor.

Point- make it a standard competition with at least 3 winners.
2 is too scanty!!

You have a nice point
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Chrylich(m): 10:14am On Jul 31, 2014
and another point to add,
since this competition is aimed at beginners, i see no reason why additional points should be added for quick submission.. beginners are meant to struggle and this is a "code from scratch" competition, submitting a project just after few days doesn't potray one to be a beginner..
and don't forget we are in Nigeria, the situation (electricity) is different everywhere..
IMO
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by blueyedgeek(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Chrylich: and another point to add,
since this competition is aimed at beginners, i see no reason why additional points should be added for quick submission.. beginners are meant to struggle and this is a "code from scratch" competition, submitting a project just after few days doesn't potray one to be a beginner..
and don't forget we are in Nigeria, the situation (electricity) is different everywhere..
IMO
Nice point there but you should also note that we are not just doing this for now but for the future. When you start doing jobs for clients, and you are given a deadline, you will be able to meet up on time because it is not something that is new to you also you will be able to handle yourself better when under pressure. Besides submitting on time is just 10% of your total score.

I do agree with you about the issue of electricity but instead of complaining, this should make you more productive. You only have light for one hour in a day? then use it well cos at least you know you have achieved something in such a limited time. Additionally, you can make friends with those people you know are always "lightful (you know, those kind people wey dey always dey get light no matter what)".

All our ogas at the top dem all started from somewhere and I'm sure as hell, they also had this kind of wahala disturbing them but they all kept plugging away.

But this light issue tire me sef, where do you stay? I work in a cafe and na gen we dey use all through except sometimes wey nepa get pity for the less privileged na im dem dey bring light but electricity (more like generatortricity) is fairly stable.

If God bless me, whether I go start my own hub for developers sef. Dey pray for me sha. grin grin
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by asalimpo(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
blueyedgeek: Nice point there but you should also note that we are not just doing this for now but for the future. When you start doing jobs for clients, and you are given a deadline, you will be able to meet up on time because it is not something that is new to you also you will be able to handle yourself better when under pressure. Besides submitting on time is just 10% of your total score.

I do agree with you about the issue of electricity but instead of complaining, this should make you more productive. You only have light for one hour in a day? then use it well cos at least you know you have achieved something in such a limited time. Additionally, you can make friends with those people you know are always "lightful (you know, those kind people wey dey always dey get light no matter what)".

All our ogas at the top dem all started from somewhere and I'm sure as hell, they also had this kind of wahala disturbing them but they all kept plugging away.

But this light issue tire me sef, where do you stay? I work in a cafe and na gen we dey use all through except sometimes wey nepa get pity for the less privileged na im dem dey bring light but electricity (more like generatortricity) is fairly stable.

If God bless me, whether I go start my own hub for developers sef. Dey pray for me sha. grin grin

d light situation is bloody.
Evry month for the past 4 months has been bleak. Cud u giv me an idea of how much it cost to run a gen in a wk/month usg ur cafe situation? Wud b appreciated.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by asalimpo(m): 4:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
blueyedgeek:
Nice point there but you should also note that we are not just doing this for now but for the future. When you start doing jobs for clients, and you are given a deadline, you will be able to meet up on time because it is not something that is new to you also you will be able to handle yourself better when under pressure.
Took d words outta ma mouth.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by blueyedgeek(m): 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
asalimpo:

d light situation is bloody.
Evry month for the past 4 months has been bleak. Cud u giv me an idea of how much it cost to run a gen in a wk/month usg ur cafe situation? Wud b appreciated.
On the average, we spend 1000 naira on fuel per day. There are days we spend more than that though.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Daraplato(m): 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
zicjoe: seems sisquology is kinda busy. Jus try to follow d former thread. I kno u can do it.
Thanks for the encouragement. I've finally done it. INVITATION SENT. grin
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by zicjoe(m): 7:49am On Aug 01, 2014
Daraplato:
Thanks for the encouragement. I've finally done it. INVITATION SENT. grin
u ar welcum

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Chrylich(m): 10:50am On Aug 01, 2014
blueyedgeek: Nice point there but you should also note that we are not just doing this for now but for the future. When you start doing jobs for clients, and you are given a deadline, you will be able to meet up on time because it is not something that is new to you also you will be able to handle yourself better when under pressure. Besides submitting on time is just 10% of your total score.

The situation would actually change when I am handling real projects for clients.. At least, clients will pay and I sure would be running a real 'business' by then .. This competition no doubt is for enthusiasts and for now it is just for the fun of what we have passion for.. Let's leave the future for the future.. I agree with you on the handling of pressure though but for now "pressure bawo, gbagbe pressure"..

blueyedgeek: I do agree with you about the issue of electricity but instead of complaining, this should make you more productive. You only have light for one hour in a day? then use it well cos at least you know you have achieved something in such a limited time.

Sometimes, dn no dey supply at all.. U xef know na, no b naija we dey and besides that isn't the only thing in ones hands and that is why we have a lengthy period for handling each project..

blueyedgeek: Additionally, you can make friends with those people you know are always "lightful (you know, those kind people wey dey always dey get light no matter what)".

Ha, no b everybody sabi do that kind thing o.. Abi what happened to bn reserved..

blueyedgeek: But this light issue tire me sef, where do you stay? I work in a cafe and na gen we dey use all through except sometimes wey nepa get pity for the less privileged na im dem dey bring light but electricity (more like generatortricity) is fairly stable.

I reside in Ib..

blueyedgeek: If God bless me, whether I go start my own hub for developers sef. Dey pray for me sha. grin grin

No fear, we go make m.. So far them sisqo, spikesC, Dhtml and other Oogas at the top make am , we xef go reach dah stage with all the 'Ps' cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dyweb(m): 5:00am On Aug 02, 2014
Invitation sent
Username: Dyweb
Contest: web development
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by sisqology(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2014
Closed.

Grading time

1 Like

Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by tjones007: 9:15pm On Aug 03, 2014
Is the competition only for web developers?
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Kayman4life(m): 9:54pm On Aug 04, 2014
Name: Onuko Kenechukwu
Sex: Male
Challenge: Design
Language(s): HTML, CSS, JavaScript
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by dhtmlx2: 6:23pm On Aug 07, 2014
Interesting
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by sisqology(m): 11:00pm On Aug 09, 2014
Design results ready. Deelopers, the way you people have arranged your projects are making things difficult, some of you, so many errors(urls), soome of you, your codes have failed to run at all.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by danvery2k6(m): 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
sisqology: Design results ready. Deelopers, the way you people have arranged your projects are making things difficult, some of you, so many errors(urls), soome of you, your codes have failed to run at all.

sorry about that. Beginner things. And some of us had problems with The Git thingy.
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by jidez007: 3:29pm On Aug 10, 2014
Wait. Do I av 2 approve all d commits I av made?
Re: Programming Challenge For Beginners Competition Two N20000 -SEASON 2- by Babadee30(m): 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2014
I knew it...submitting took me two different days.
bear with us though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Become A Successful Programmer? / Programming Not Enough Anymore: Data Analysis, Ml And A.i Is The Future. / 2022 Experiment 1: Becoming A Product Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.