Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,189 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced (23846 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth?? / Have You Had Severe Side Effects From Camoquin (pfizer)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by kilokeys(m): 11:27am On Sep 17, 2014
franconian:

grin gringrin

Makes me remember a dude in my area back then.
After getting himself drunk in a beer parlour, he managed to take bike home. D guy come down from bike come begin dey crawl under high-tension while looking up.

When asked what was the problem, the guy was like, "I nor want make the wires touch me ooooo, currennnt dey inside them"

infact ehn.. i fitnt explain.. na small thing separate mad pesin from normal pesin o..
it was so real
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2014
Mazdell: Naproxen and Norflex- had all the symptoms of EBOLA and had to stop taking them to clear my doubts

Naproxen...that drug dealt with me.my GP prescribed that for my lower back back pain.I stopped it after a few days.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 17, 2014
SuperMartins: I took 1 den,forgotten d 1 tho'...it almost completely bent my neck to d left...I wuld av died if nt cos we own a car dat made dem rush me to d clinic dat nyt....up till nw,I feel pains around dat side of my neck
lol, why you no die...?
I think mine should be when I was two years, my mum brought us for hols in the country and took us to the village, that was where problem started. I fell seriously ill, she started taking me to the hospital and they kept saying different things, and giving different injections.

@ a point, my mum said she noticed my legs started bending, and I didn't like walking again...lol. My grandpa was a Chief Priest and he told my mum already that it wasn't white medicine stuff, but she refused. She finally gave up and agreed to the trad medicine idea. When I recovered , I refused to travel back with my mum...hhhahahaha

She finally left me in the village after much trouble, and my grandma enrolled me in a school...hahahaha.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by vonn(f): 11:39am On Sep 17, 2014
As a kid....
SEPTRIN- had rashes all over my body. It wasn't chicken pox.
Doc said I was allergic to sulphur.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2014
UjSizzle:
Tinnitus grin
It's Quinine.
Though quinine is notorious for tinnitus,it's nt the oly drug that has adverse effect on the ear. Remember this dude was admitted on account of a possible typhoid fever(don't know how D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ came at the diagnosis sha). Unless the health care personnel was treating for a possible malaria,knowing fully well that here is a malaria endemic area. I'm thinking of a possible overdose of gentamicin or any of it's brothers in the same class with it. But genticin is also nephrotoxic(can harm the kidney). The bottom line is that since we don't av this guy's detailed history,we cannot categorically say wot actually went wrong. We are just using our medical intuition to give a possible explanation to the guy's problem.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2014
edogho: hallucinogenics ain't anti-malarial brotzah...
He simply could av bin suffering from hypoglycaemia(low blood sugar) grin
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2014
mooremedia: Hmmmm......
1999,I had malaria.My loving parent's thought it right to cure my illness by giving me Chloroquine(2.2.1)
but my brethren and sisters,what preceded it was an event I personally do not wish for some of my enemies
Let me put it this way......That was one of the most horrible day of my Life.
If you see itching ehnn,All through the night I was scratching and Scratching,the orst part was my back
all my siblings had to take turn scratch my back for me.
Since that day,if I hear Chloro............u know de rest nah

You should have gotten Phernegan to go with the CQ.

That's what my mum always insisted on anytime we went to hospital with malaria.

One time, in the case of my junior brother...the doc forgot. Terrible itching that lasted all night long.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by SKYQUEST(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2014
..very hilarious responses so fa! God bless you guys for this eye opener on drugs
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2014
UjSizzle:
Tinnitus grin
It's Quinine.
ototoxity from genticin could be another diffrential esp cos of d typhoid that was mentioned
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
fadjnr:

Its just like panadol. But when taken in excess(overdoze) it makes one feel high, and also stamina when having sex.
fadjnr u're very knowledgeable. Tramadol I know is a pain reliever and comes in 50mg oral form. Buh unscrupulous dudes here abuse the drug by taking overdose of it to achieve enhanced sexual performance ranging from delayed ejaculation to hard-on erection. Na dem sabi. Evri drug has a side effect which is most apparent wen the drug is abused;drink responsibly.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by tonaydo(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
Took agbo jedi me and my friend and within 10minutes i began to sweat, it was as if sum1 poured water on me.....i followed my friend to his house buh b4 getting there i was feeling weird.......ma stomach was grumbling and guess what ( shit hook me) so wifout even greeting his aunty i asked him to show me his toilet b4 i go shit 4 bdy......i guess i spent 45minutes in the toilet and i knw they would have enjoyed the sound track that was coming out from the toilet, as if that was nt enough on a nrmls i'll trek home buh cos of the condition i had to take bike home.....on getting home i quickly entered the toilet and continued pooing.........THIS WENT ON FOR THE WHOLE DAY.......damn i have never witnessed anyfin like that before in my life.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by debque(m): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
gosh!!!....remembered d day neck almost twisted to the back cos i had typhoid fever den n i was given a drug i was allergic to....if nt for d interventn of our neighbours n my parent dat rushed me back to d health centre....only God would have knwn wah would hv happened to me...Tnk God sha
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by kayzeesoft(m): 12:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
For my life ehn ? I won't take chloroquine and tramadol again.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ok
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: So there doctors that still use chloroquine to treat malaria in this nation?? I want to believe this ur mum's insistence was abt a decade or so ago,or mayb u were to say ur mum would tel the CHEMIST to add phernegan. Haven't they heard of ACTs;even baba zebuldaya don do advert for ACTs!!

I am a child of the 80's

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by fadjnr(m): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: fadjnr u're very knowledgeable. Tramadol I know is a pain reliever and comes in 50mg oral form. Buh unscrupulous dudes here abuse the drug by taking overdose of it to achieve enhanced sexual performance ranging from delayed ejaculation to hard-on erection. Na dem sabi. Evri drug has a side effect which is most apparent wen the drug is abused;drink responsibly.

Those taking overdose are playing ping pong with their liver

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2014
SuperMartins: I took 1 den,forgotten d 1 tho'...it almost completely bent my neck to d left...I wuld av died if nt cos we own a car dat made dem rush me to d clinic dat nyt....up till nw,I feel pains around dat side of my neck
I'm so disappointed martins. For u to forget the name of a drug that nearly disfigured u,I don't see anything "super" in †̥ђis ur Martin again. Pls,∂oη't take it as a slight;I ∂oη't mean to ridicule u. Buh we al shud understand that the essence this forum is for us to acquire knowledge. Next time,b4u swallow any medication or receive ay shot4rm whoever,ask and insist to know the name of the drug,the dosage u're to receive,hw many days u're to receive it and any possible side effect:it'z nt a privilege,it's ur right.

1 Like

Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
RockyTeee: ototoxity from genticin could be another diffrential esp cos of d typhoid that was mentioned
U're wise!! Are u a pharmacist??
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 12:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
bushdoc9919:

I am a child of the 80's

Nuff said.
Bushdoc my mannest man!! I don't mean it dt way bruv. No offence intended. #onelove
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by tolu4you: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Camoquine? Not again. When I took this drug for malaria, i thought i have contacted ebola. That drug is not for me again.
Tramadol: i trowey salute for this drug shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
morbid: Bushdoc my mannest man!! I don't mean it dt way bruv. No offence intended. #onelove

None taken.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by olasmith10(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
lastchild: 2nd march 2006, the day I died and woke up, I was sick,went to a pharmacy to get some drugs, the experienced attendant was eating,he instructed one foolish guy to attend to me,I never knew the guy knew nothing,he issued me some drugs,I paid, went home and swallow them

Few minutes later, my mouth started opening on its own without my permission,I struggled closing it,next come my tongue,next my head started turning back,luckily for me mom was around,she shouted and people came for help, before I could be rushed to hospital I've already entered coma, I woke up the next day, I've regain my self but my vision became double,doctor said it was going to subside which happened after days

the pharmacist,both the one who issued drug and the one who instructed him spent good one week in police cell, the pharmaceutical store got closed down for sometime

It was an unforgettable experience

so what's d name of the drug u took
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
debque: gosh!!!....remembered d day neck almost twisted to the back cos i had typhoid fever den n i was given a drug i was allergic to....if nt for d interventn of our neighbours n my parent dat rushed me back to d health centre....only God would have knwn wah would hv happened to me...Tnk God sha
abeg try remember the name of the drug,so that peeps here will learn from ur experience,so as to apply caution when taking the medication. Tnkz.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by GOFON(m): 12:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
CHROLOROQUINE, ITCHING FOR ONE WEEK AFTER USING THE MEDICATION
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
I used one drug like that and I could hear the slightest sound. It was as if a war was going on in my head, one sound fighting to be hear before the other. I was given a sedative, woke up the third day and I was all better but felt like crap! grin
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by nsydear: 12:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
skin rashes
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Chukky86: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
Tramadol, unable to realease for hours during love making, after effect is like you being ao tired, slow
Cant feel your legs, cant even feel your heart beating.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by icekidgodfrey(m): 12:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Mine gotta be excessive laughter & that 'supreme' feeling from weed!! cheesy
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by tunai(m): 1:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
Chloroquine has been dealing with me since 1901, no matter the piriton I use na so so itch and scratch
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2014
icekidgodfrey: Mine gotta be excessive laughter & that 'supreme' feeling from weed!! cheesy
u got mean cracked up! Buh u sound too intelligent for a weed smoker;seems u've given up weed??
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by Naavah(f): 1:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
Someone recommended a gnld drug for me cuz I complained of excessive sweating.by day3 these mad boils visited me, chai. I hd boils on my face, armpit, vijay etc. What pained me most ws the price of d said drug.
Re: What's The Worst Drug Side-effects You Have Experienced by morbid: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Rating of the drugs with the highest frequency of side effect in consumers: 1) Chloroquine:react by itching all over,even the at the joystick. 2) Tramadol: react by aggressiveness and hyperactivity;delayed expulsion and co. 3) Quinine: ringing sound in the ear,partial deafness,dizziness and fainting. 4) Co-trimoxazole(septrin): dark patches and rashes on the skin. 5) Alcohol(ethanol):varying ranges of misbehaviour.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Commissions 100-Bed Isolation And Treatment Facility (Photos) / STIs: The Facts You Need To Know / Ice Bucket Challenge?! Naah. We Climb In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.