Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Behold The Jewel Of My Heart - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart (31028 Views)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Thomas Hardy "tess Of The D'urbervilles & Whole Soyinka "the Lion & The Jewel&quot / E-book, Wole Soyinka's Lion And The Jewel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
uchebest2006: My Observation Doris....!!!
Am jux confuse...Do we have Prophet or Imam in a mosque,coz a "Prophet" in Islam is a messenger of the Almighty Allah.
Mallam or Imam I dn't knw if using That Prophet is right? Please dear readers,subscribe to my Observation?
thanks 4 that observation. Actually, I never read islamic books. I will correct it.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2014
They exchanged pleasantries. Amy and Ubong came in with their luggage. She introduced herself and Ubong to them.
Shalimar shook Ubong's hand continuously not ready to let go of his soft hand.
Ubong felt uncomfortable. He wondered if Amy would be able to cope in such atmosphere. She had not been exposed to campus life. He prayed she doesn't changed.
'you are a real hunk.' Shalimar smiled seductively and winked.
Ubong was completely indifferent. He wasn't interested in cheap girls.
'That will do.' Amy snapped, jerking her hand away from Ubong.
Inem was upset at Shalimar's uncouth attitude. She saw her as a cheap girl looking for men's attention despite her beauty.
'Are you sure you will be comfortable in this apartment.' Ubong asked. He was ready to rent an apartment for her instead of her staying with corruptable roommate. He wasn't ready to loose the real Amy.
Amy nodded.
'It's your choice.' Ubong shrugged.
'Let me help you unpacked your luggage.'
'No.' Amy wagged her head. 'You have done enough for me. Thank you.'
Ubong decided to take his leave. Amy hugged him. She wished he shouldn't go but the distance will ease the feeling they had for each other though absent makes the heart grow fonder.
'I will miss you.' Amy whispered.
'And me too. I will visit you next week'
Shalimar went outside and waited for Ubong.
'Don't visit. The distance will...'
'I understand.' Ubong cut in.
She bade him farewell.
Inem was absent minded till Shalimar came in singing Dilemma, a song by Ashanti.
'What is it, again? Can't someone have peace of mind.' Inem snapped.
'Here, have got his number.' Shalimar chuckled.
'What!' Inem blurted.

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dis shalimar abi wetin be her name dey look for my trouble o,let her stay off ubong or else I will deal with her personally.well done dearie,nice update

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 8:43pm On Aug 03, 2014
Amy and co, i fink they sud rather seek divine intervention instead of concluding she will never marry..moreso, Amy had better b careful of her roomates especially shalimar of a girl..Nice 1 dorisbest..kip up d gud work..

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 9:51pm On Aug 03, 2014
seunviju: Dis shalimar abi wetin be her name dey look for my trouble o,let her stay off ubong or else I will deal with her personally.well done dearie,nice update
thanks alot Seunviju
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 9:54pm On Aug 03, 2014
heemah: Amy and co, i fink they sud rather seek divine intervention instead of concluding she will never marry..moreso, Amy had better b careful of her roomates especially shalimar of a girl..Nice 1 dorisbest..kip up d gud work..
thanks. Happy sunday.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 10:05pm On Aug 03, 2014
The world is a cruel place.
Why is God allowing evil to prevail?
Am not trying to question God.
My fiance's father died yesterday, leaving behind children who are still in nursery school and a helpless wife(my fiance's step mother). He wasn't sick. He woke up hale and hearty, went to work, the next thing we heard was a ghost slap him. Before anything could be done, the poor man pass out.
It's so painful and I ask, why do God allow evil to prevail?
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 10:21pm On Aug 03, 2014
Dorisbest: The world is a cruel place.
Why is God allowing evil to prevail?
Am not trying to question God.
My fiance's father died yesterday, leaving behind children who are still in nursery school and a helpless wife(my fiance's step mother). He wasn't sick. He woke up hale and hearty, went to work, the next thing we heard was a ghost slap him. Before anything could be done, the poor man pass out.
It's so painful and I ask, why do God allow evil to prevail?
believe me when i say i know just how painful death can be. I lost my father too and my two sisters(cousins)
i want you to know that God never makes mistakes. He is perfect in all he does and your fiance's father is resting.
The children he left behind will survive. He said in his words that even the birds of the air, who neither sow nor reap are provided for talk more of we his children. I pray he rest in peace. Accept my condolance.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 9:25am On Aug 04, 2014
TiffanyJ:
believe me when i say i know just how painful death can be. I lost my father too and my two sisters(cousins)
i want you to know that God never makes mistakes. He is perfect in all he does and your fiance's father is resting.
The children he left behind will survive. He said in his words that even the birds of the air, who neither sow nor reap are provided for talk more of we his children. I pray he rest in peace. Accept my condolance.
Thanks so much Tiffanyj. It is well with their soul
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 10:42am On Aug 04, 2014
May He grnt u n d family the fortitude to bear the loss...RIP to the departed soul..God is with you.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by uchebest2006(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2014
Take hrt dear....!!!
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 11:58am On Aug 04, 2014
heemah: May He grnt u n d family the fortitude to bear the loss...RIP to the departed soul..God is with you.
Amen
uchebest2006: Take hrt dear....!!!
thank u
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2014
She felt Shalimar could used her seductive face to get him before her, who couldn't even looked at his face.
'How sure are you, that this is my brother's phone number?' Amy stood akimbo. 'my brother that I know rarely have females number let along, that of a cheap woman who deliberately flaut herself to him. He won't look at you twice because you are not his class.'
Inem convulsed with laughter. She felt satisfied that the man she was admiring won't fall for Shalimar.
Those word were hurtful to Shalimar but she remain calm and decided to prove them wrong by dailing the number.
'Hello.' Said a masculine voiced from the other end.
Shalimar was elated. She put the call on loud speaker. She believed no man could resist her beauty.
'This is Shalimar. Am I speaking to UBA.' She shorten the name as Ubong had told her.
'No, sorry is wrong number. Am a trader not a banker.
Inem and Amy tried to suppressed their laughter while Daisy came out and watched the drama.
'Don't be such a joker.' Shalimar snapped.
'Hey, what is wrong with you. I said is wrong number and...'
Shalimar ended the call. She was deeply ashamed.
Amy and Inem shrieked with laughter oblivious of Daisy's present.
Wonders will never cease to end.' Daisy chuckled. Everyone stopped laughing and faced the speaker.
'What is it? You slowpoke.' Shalimar blurted.
Daisy was used to people calling her all sort of names. She shrugged indifferently.
'Am your roommate.' she said to Amy as they exchanged pleasantries.
'Your present predicament doesn't mean you are going to remain like this forever. If she doesn't like you, I love you. I want you to be my boon companion.' Amy said soothingly. She had seen the bruises on her face and part of her body.
For the first time, Daisy felt at home. 'I love you too.' she whispered.
Shalimar felt like a complete idiot. First, it was Ubong. No guy had ever embarrassed her the way he did. She thought she could made any man go crazy with her beauty but this very guy was different. He did not even looked at her twice. She hate him. And now, his sister make her looked like a spoilt prat.
Inem watched in awe as Daisy and Amy chat and laughed as if they knew each other for a long time. She wished she could joined them but she doesn't know what to say. She adored them.
END OF CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
Amy had informed Ubong to prepare herbal remedy for epilepsy. She and Daisy journey from Eket to Oron.
Amy was happy to visit home. She had missed everyone especially Ubong while Daisy prayed that Ubong found a cure for her.
The taxi that they boarded screeched to a halt in front of Ubong's house. They alighted. Amy paid the transport fare.
'Here we are.' Amy opened the gate. They went in.
'Oh my God! Is beautiful. 'Daisy gasped in astonishment.
'Come on. I miss my family.' Amy gestured.
She caught sight of Ubong sitting in a swing. ' that is my brother.' she ran and hugged him.
Daisy followed her slowly.
Nsikan who was swimming emerged from the water, exchanged pleasantries with Amy and took a swig of wine.
Daisy stopped abruptly as Nsikan came out of the water. She had always like guys with hairy chest, tall, broad and muscular.
'Daisy where are you?' Amy called out.
Everyone turned and face her. She was an epitome of pulchritude. Nsikan eyes meet with hers.
Seizure took her. She fell down, her limbs stiffened and she started convulsing.
TO BE CONTINUE
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2014
My dear from him we come from and to him we shall return but there is always reasons for whatever happens and I pray God grant the family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss RIP to him.you are doing great with the story just some little mistake you need to correct dia

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 1:30pm On Aug 04, 2014
I love this work. It's so captivating
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 4:05pm On Aug 04, 2014
seunviju: My dear from him we come from and to him we shall return but there is always reasons for whatever happens and I pray God grant the family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss RIP to him.you are doing great with the story just some little mistake you need to correct dia
TiffanyJ: I love this work. It's so captivating
thank u friends
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 5:56pm On Aug 04, 2014
Nsikan and Amy ran and held her while Ubong ran inside and came back with an herb.
They opened her mouth and gave her two table spoonful of the herb.
Nsikan volunteered to carry her to Amy's room. He laid her on the bed and held her hand. Everyone felt pity for her.
'Where is everybody?' Amy asked.
'Paul had gone to visit his parent while Rachel and Val went to mama's shop.' Ubong replied.
Amy excused herself and left the room.
Ubong had noticed Nsikan suddened interest in Daisy.
'Why are you holding her hand like a swain? I hope is not what am thinking?' Ubong teased.
'What are you thinking? Is she not pretty?' He blurted.
'So?'
'I like her and I know she likes me.'
'Are you crazy? You have just met her and now you are talking about love. What about Cindy?'
What about her?' he asked rhetorically. 'Am talking about a wife material not a nagging girlfriend.'
Ubong was astonished. He never likes Cindy so he decided to leave his friend to sort out whatever problem he was having.
'I know you can hear me.' said Nsikan. 'you will be alright. And we will be together. I will treat you like a queen. We will watch the beautiful sun together and go to places of interest. I love you.' He patted her eyebrow. 'And I know you love me. I saw it in your eyes.'
Daisy opened her eyes. She heard everything that Nsikan said. She had alway wished for a man who will love her wholeheartly but the men who approached her end up breaking her heart when they realized her dilemma.
'Ah! Sleeping beauty. Already wake up.'
'Where is Amy?' Daisy flushed.
'Here am I.' Amy had crept into the room unnoticed. 'come and fresh up.'
'She followed her silently. Her mind race as every word Nsikan said was strongly a reminiscent of love movies. She was going to give him a chance if he asked her out. If it is love, it will last but if it is lust, it will fade.
END OF CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
It was sunday. Shalimar and Inem prepared to go to church. Inem had told Shalimar that she would attend her church. She wondered why Shalimar doesn't miss church activities despites the fact that she was a prostitute. She decided to go and see what she normally does in church.
'Do choirister wears mascara and other make up in your church?' Inem asked.
'No, the make up is light. They won't notice it.' Shalimar replied.
Her phone rang continuously. 'Won't you pick your call?' Inem snapped.
'God first before business.' she switched off her phone. It was her sugar-daddy that called.
They locked the door and padded to the street in searched of a taxi. They managed to thumbed a ride with a cabby.
They car came to a halt in front of POWER MUST CHANGE HAND MINISTRIES, EKET.
They alighted and paid the transport fare. They car Zoomed off.
Inem was Ushered in while Shalimar joined the choiristers.
Church service started fully.
Shalimar was the cantor. She sang with grace and dignity. This baffled Inem.
'This is a very special time.' Said Pastor Elisha. 'A time to speak the mind of our Lord Jesus Christ.' He asked the church to prayed that God should lead him and that his children should be the doers of His word and not just the the hearer.
'The topic of today's sermon is THE WAGE OF SIN. Roman 3:23. Let someone read.'
'For all have sin and fall short of the glory of God.' An elderly woman read.
'1 John 3:6-10 says, no one who abide in him keep on sinning. No one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or know him. Little children let no one deceive you. Who ever practices righteousness is righteous. Who ever makes a practice of sin is of the devil. For the devil has been sinning from the begining. The reason the son of God appeared was to destroy the work of devil...'
He explained to them the causes of sin and how christians can avoid this sins.
He said that anger, lust, sloth, greed, pride, envy and glutton are the seven deathly sin.
'The bible says in Roman 6:23 that the wage of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal through Jesus Christ our Lord.' He continued. 'God sent His only begotten son to died on calvary as a ransom for our sin. Why are we still dwelling in sin? If rapture takes place right now, where will you be? My brethen, give your life to Jesus Christ. Don't say my sins are the worst. God is a loving and forgiving father. 1 John 1:9 says, if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.'

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 9:34pm On Aug 04, 2014
I hope she repent o.Thank you for the update dear
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 7:59am On Aug 05, 2014
seunviju: I hope she repent o.Thank you for the update dear
let's watch and see if she will really repent.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 9:27am On Aug 05, 2014
'If you are dwelling in sexual immorality, idolatory, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, disension, division, envy, drunkenness, orgies etc. The Lord is calling you today. Ask God to forgive your sin. The repentance of one man pleases God most. Don't allow the blood of jesus to be in vain. The lord is...'
The sermon was touching. Everyone was asking God to forgive his or her sin.
Inem was soaked in her own tears. She realized how deep she was in sin. How she had forsook God. She weep and pleaded God to purged her with the blood of Jesus while Shalimar was praying for the service to be over. To her, this pastors preached what they cannot do. The only reason she was in church was because she was used to it. As a child, her father had never allowed her to miss church activities except when necessary. And so, any day she wasn't in church she felt empty.
Then she wondered why they so called born again like her father could be so brutal or wicked even to his own blood. She detest him with everything in her.
'If you have given your life to Jesus Christ, say this after me.' said Pastor Elisha. 'Lord Jesus, I have make a mess of my like. I have come to you wholeheartly with a contrite mind. Forgive my sin and wash me with your precious blood. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit within me. In Jesus name.'
'Amen.' The congregation chorus.
END OF CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
Nsikan spend the night in Ubong's house. Everyone had gone to church except Ubong, Amy, Nsikan and Daisy.
Daisy and Nsikan were getting along very well. They both talked about their life, background, family and about their favourite dish and movies.
'I feel like swimming?' Daisy stared at the swimming pool with delight.
'come on, let's compete. Am a good swimmer.' said Nsikan.
'Not better than me. At home I swam to relaxed my mind despite the fact that am an epileptic.'
'You are not what you are saying. You are an angel.' he cupped her face with his hand.
Daisy back off to avoid unnecessary feeling creeping into her.
'Don't pretend to be nice to me. No one has ever been nice to me except my father and Amy.' Daisy snapped.
'I'm sorry. I don't mean to upset you.'
Daisy was astonished. Men hardly apologised and here was someone apologising for nothing.
They both sat down in a swing, not talking to each other. Daisy was becoming uncomfortable as silent crept in gradually. She likes him a lot but did not know if it was love or lust.
Her phone which rang broke the silence. She picked the call.
'Hello Papa.'
'My daughter, how are you?' said the caller.
'Am fine papa. How is your health?'
'Is improving. Hmm...a suitor came and asked for your hand in marriage.'
'What!' she asked with a grimace gazing at Nsikan.
Nsikan wondered what the caller said that make her face looked so angry.
'Papa tell him, I'm not interested. Does he knows am an epileptic?'
'He knows. He promise to take you to abroad for proper treatment.'
'Ok. I will think about it.' she said to calm her father's nerve. She thank God, her father wasn't a kind of man who pushed his children to do what they don't want.
'Please think about it. He is very handsome and I know you will like him. I love Daisy.
'I love you papa.'
The call ended.
'Who was that?' Nsikan asked.
'My father.'
'And you are getting marry.'
Daisy stared at him. She noticed the curiosity in his puppy eyes. She decided to ignored him and changed the topic.
'Have been wondering if you are born again?'
He sometime goes to church but he was far away from born again.
'If becoming born again is all I have to do so we can be together, then am born again.' He raised his hands.
'You are a funny dude.' she giggled.
'I will take that as yes.' said Nsikan.
'I need real love not lust. And we must abstain from sex.'
'Anything that will make you happy I will do.'
'Will you do that?' Daisy could not believed him. Most men that approached her back off the moment she dropped the term celibacy.
'So, what about Cindy?'
'Who told you that?' he gave her a questionable look as if to say, Why did you dug into my past.
'you told me.'
'Me.' Nsikan recalled that it was Ubong who asked him about Cindy while she was still unconcious. He now understood why they said ghost ears are active except the eyes and mouth.
'She doesn't deserve me. A woman who cheat and nag will do it over and over again.
Daisy was relieved since she wasn't going to share her love with anyone else.
They hugged themselves for the first time. Daisy waded into the pool. Nsikan followed. Daisy breast stroke to the end of the pool befod Nsikan. 'I told you am a fast swimmer.'
'you win but next turn you won't be this lucky because I make you to win.'
They chortled with delight.
Ubong and Amy joined them.
'Love is in the air.' Amy teased.
Daisy went crimson.
TO BE CONTINUE

2 Likes

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 9:41am On Aug 05, 2014
Ubong joined them in the swimming pool. 'come on.' he poured water on Amy.
'No, am always scared of water.' she played african queen on her phone. A song by Tuface Idibia and started dancing. Others joined her and danced to the rhyme of the music.
Ubong watched in amazement as she danced. He realized what he missed. He Waved the thought off his mind. He ctwtch and dragged Amy to the pool. Amy screamed. She was oblivious of Ubong's intention. She felt good in the water but she was still scared.
They poured water on each other.
Everyone started dancing again.
Suddenly, Ubong noticed that Amy was dancing freely as if she wasn't in water. She stretched her hand as if to recieved something.
TO BE CONTINUE
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2014
Huh,her mates don show face,abeg make una live Amy o and this shalimar never change,hmmm.Thanks for the update
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Aipete2(f): 6:57am On Aug 06, 2014
WATCH OUT FOR PART TWO
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 10:27am On Aug 06, 2014
Ubong screamed and pulled her backward. Amy blackout.
They brought her out of the water.
Daisy prayed fervently for her. After what seem like eternity, she opened her eyes.
'What happen? Why are all of you looking at me?' she asked, looking from one person to another.
'It's nothing dear.' Ubong said soberly.
Amy stared at him. She saw the tears that welled up his eyes. She recalled what happened. As she was dancing, two mermaid appeared from no where with mirror and started dancing with her. They stretched their hands to held her but someone pulled her backward.
'Don't tell mother what happen.' she wept, stood up and ran to her room.
Ubong followed her.
END OF CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
Mermaids were humming song in latin and dancing ballet. Amy understood them. She followed their step. Gradually, she danced more than other mermaids. Her appearance changed. She turned to real mermaid.
'Welcome back, Princess Electra.' Said Queen Tethys.
All the mermaid genuflected.
'Come forth and take your place.' Oceanus gestured.
She walked toward the throne.
Oceanus place a crown on her head.
'Happy birthday Princess Electra. We, your sisters are happy to recieve you back.' The mermaid chorus.
Amy was really happy to be with her family.
Axius, the river god, came forward.
Tethys urged Amy to take a golden cup and gave a drink to her betroth.
Amy picked the cup and walked toward Axius. She stared at him and remember Ubong. She remember her unconditional love for him. Who are all this people around her. She thought. Looking at herself, she realised she looked like them with a tail of a fish. With horror, she looked at their queen and saw the dreaded hydra who had tore Ubong apart. She screamed in terror, threw the cup away and woke up perspiring severely.
TO BE CONTINUE

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by TiffanyJ(f): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2014
Tnx for the update, you are doing great
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2014
TiffanyJ: Tnx for the update, you are doing great
thanks dearest
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2014
Thanks for d update dorisbest
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Aipete2(f): 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2014
Amy u beta follow shalimar to church 4 ur deliverance
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2014
Make them live Amy alone o,no b by force o.Thank you for the update dear
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2014
Good to have all of you here.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 4:40pm On Aug 06, 2014
Daisy had heard her screaming. 'what is happening' She asked with concerned as she held Amy.
Amy was scared. She remembered it was her 22nd birthday. She remembered Tethys's word.
You already have a husband here. When you are of age...
Daisy wiped off her tears with the back of her hand.
'Please tell me what is happening to you. I might be of help to you.'
'It's just a nightmare. Nothing important.' Amy replied.
'I have waited for the past three years so you can tell me, what this nightmare is all about but it's seem you don't trust me. A problem share is half solve.
'Do you think God can save me in my situation?' Amy stared at her, waiting for the answers that will give her hope.
'Yes dear.' she patted her back. 'A man was blind for 38 years. Jesus healed him at appointed time. And a man was possessed with legion of demons and when he had a divine encountered with our Lord Jesus Christ, He cast the demons into a herd of swine. So whatever burden you are carrying, cast it upon the Lord. He will make it light.'
'Hmm...' Amy heaved a sighed of relieved. Perhap the Lord will save her.
'What am about to tell you, have never said it to a living soul. Promise it will be keep confidential.'
'I promise.' Daisy crossed her heart.
'Am a mermaid. Daughter of one greek goddess.' Amy said after a fleeting silence. She felt relieved opening up to someone.
'Is this some sort of joke?' Daisy asked with a puzzling mind.
'I knew You won't believe me.' she said in frustration.
'No, don't think like that. It is too hard for me to swallow.' she reached for her hand. 'So how did it start?'
Amy narrated her story to her. 'And today is my birthday. Am ripe for marriage. They want me to marry one Axius, a river god. ' she wept.
Daisy cuddled her. She only saw things like this in movies not in real life. She felt her pain and frustration.
There was only one answer to her problem and that is God.
'The bible said ask and it shall be given unto you. Seek and you will find it. There is only one way for the Lord to give you your heart desire. And that way is JESUS. He is the begining and the end. The hope of our salvation. Surrender your life to Jesus. You were created by God and not by any gods or goddess. They can only possess your body but cannot create you. Accept jesus as your personal lord and saviour. Denounce the devil and you will be save. Hope they say, spring eternal.'
'I denounce the devil. I have nothing to do with them anymore. I accept Jesus as my personal Lord of Saviour.' Amy said in tears.
'Good. You are save indeed.' Daisy held her hand and prayed for her.
'Congratulation.' she extended her hand.
Amy gave a diffident smiled as she shook Daisy's hand. Relief surged through her. She felt satisfied.
'I will introduce you to my pastor.'
'Ok. Thank you so much.' Amy hugged Daisy.
Inem stomped in. 'You have a visitor, Amy.'
'Who is that?' Amy asked. She had seen Inem swollen eyes. Perhap, she heard them.
'Jack.' she stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind.
Inem had been going out with Ubong for the past two and half years, hoping that, one day, Ubong could proposed to her. Ubong had been paying her school fee and even went as far as buying her a car. She thought they were dating. No wondered Ubong had not looked at her like other men. Now she knows, he is in love with Amy. Everyone thought Amy was his sister.
Amy went out and meet Jack. It was already 8:00am When Inem came knocking.
Thank God is saturday. She sighed.
'Jack, what are you doing here?' Amy asked.
Jack was a notorious anna in the university that Amy attended. He had been badgering Amy to accept his proposal.
'Happy birthday.' Jack grinned. He handed a flower to her.
'Who told you today is my birthday?' Amy collected the flower.
'I search your profile on facebook.'
'Thank you.' Amy muttered.
'Do you mind if we have a date somewhere?'
'Hmm...some other day.' she said.
'No problem.' He was happy that Amy had collected the prezzie.
Inem went out and opened the door as she heard a knock. It was ubong. Inem hugged and gave him a peck on his cheek.
Daisy and Shalimar greeted him while Amy gave him a light kissed. This hurt not just Jack but Inem.
Jack felt Amy was doing this to hurt him. He will have her by force if she doesn't like pestering.
'UBA, meet Jack, my boyfriend. Jack meet Ubong my fiance.' Amy said sarcastically.
Ubong extended his hand to shook him but Jack stomped out angrily.
'what was the meaning of that?' Ubong asked.
'The easiest way to ward him off me.' Amy replied.
'Anyway, happy birthday.' he gave her a car key.
'What! You buy a car for me?' Amy was suprised.
'Yes, it is your day. Come and check it out. Daisy, someone special is waiting for you.'
The girls ran out and surveyed the car. It was a grey convertible car. Just Amy's likeness.
Amy, Inem and Shalimar entered the car and drove around while Daisy ran and hugged Nsikan.
They both missed each other so much.
END OF CHAPTER 17

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2014
Well done dear,keep it coming o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. / Best Stories I've Read On Nairaland So Far. / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.