Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Behold The Jewel Of My Heart - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behold The Jewel Of My Heart (31016 Views)

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. / Thomas Hardy "tess Of The D'urbervilles & Whole Soyinka "the Lion & The Jewel&quot / E-book, Wole Soyinka's Lion And The Jewel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2014
'What do you think you are doing?' Cindy bellowed.
The two lovers disengaged immediately. Fright written all over their face.
Daisy thank God Cindy came in the right time, if not, they could have consummate their love before their wedding.
'Cindy, what are you doing here?' Nsikan wasn't expecting her since they had broke up.
'Are you asking me such silly question.' Cindy snapped.
'I'm sorry.' He held Daisy's hand. 'Daisy meet Cindy, my old flame.'
Daisy extended her hand but Cindy stared at her with hatred.
'Cindy, meet Daisy my fiancee.' He added.
'I can't believe you dumped me for this piece of rag.' Cindy snapped.
Daisy was a patient and tolerating woman. She ignored them and focused on the text that just entered her phone.
'Say that again and I will show you what am made of.' 'Nsikan retorted angrily. 'If you had stopped jumping from one man's bed to another, we could at least have one or two kids by now but you choose to live a wayward life.'
Cindy's heart ache. She rue her lifestyle. She couldn't stand their present any more.
She stomped out.
'I'm sorry for the embarrassment.' he held Daisy's hand.
'Never mind. We have issue here. My mum just send this text to me.' she showed him the text.
'what!' Nsikan was confused
TO BE CONTINUE

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Mensah2013(m): 4:00am On Aug 15, 2014
U ar realy doin we'll, sis. But. Make sure of the use of 'they' instead of d in ur write-ups.,. Abt to sleep and make sure there is anb update before I wake or else...
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 6:09am On Aug 15, 2014
Welcome Mensah and good morning.
Mensah2013: U ar realy doin we'll, sis. But. Make sure of the use of 'they' instead of d in ur write-ups.,. Abt to sleep and make sure there is anb update before I wake or else...
thanks alot for the correction, I really appreciate it.
As for update, I will send my guiding angel to wake you up when it arrive. Sleep well.
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Aipete2(f): 7:34am On Aug 15, 2014
Oh My! Plz continue dis sweet food oh
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Aliyuozioma(f): 9:50am On Aug 15, 2014
U r gud to go, waitn 4mor update
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Donoluwashina: 10:11am On Aug 15, 2014
Aunty Doris... You are the best
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2014
'What does she mean by your guardian is dead?'
'I don't know. She had been very aggressive toward me. Sometimes, I wonder if she is my biological mother.'
'Don't talk like that. Call her and asked her the meaning of this text.'
'Ok.' Daisy dialled her mother's number. 'Just pray is not my father that she is...'
'Hello.' said the reciever.
'Mummy, who is dead?' Daisy went straight to the point.
'Mr William Johnson.' Said the reciever.
'Jesus Christ!' Daisy's phone fell down and shattered.
'What is it?' Nsikan held her.
'My father is death. All he wanted was for me to get married but now he is not there to witness it.' she wept bitterly.
'Is ok dear. God knows better.' He consoled her. 'What will we do now?'
'Nothing will hinder our wedding.' She sniffed. If we stop the wedding from taking place, will he come back to life?'
And so it was. They got married two day after her father's death.
END OF CHAPTER 21
====================
CHAPTER 22
Shalimar woke up in a well furnished bed room. The bed was covered with rich satin sheet of soft pink colour with matching pillows.
She rubbed her blurry eyes still feeling drowsy. She stared at the breakfast kept on a size stool. Her stomach growled with hunger. She licked her lips greedily.
Where am I? The thought suddenly struck her that she was in Alahji Hassan's house. Fear griped her. Everything that happened flowed into her memory. She remembered Hassan thug covered her face with God-knows-what. Perhap, it was cocaine. Full realisation of being used for ritual flashed through her mind. She she jumped out of the bed only to discover that, she was wearing a night gown. She couldn't waste more time since her frock were not in sight. She ran to the sitting room and stopped abruptly, careful enough not to distract the man that sat on a sofa reading what seem like bible.
Her mind race rapidly as she tiptoed behind him. She prayed he doesn't heard her racing heartbeat. What she doesn't know was that, the tall, fair in complexion man with no beard or mustache but well shaved head had seen her through the screen of his television. In fact, he was enjoying the stealth mode she was displaying.
'Where do you think you are going to, young woman?' The man growled.
Shalimar turned jelly, not knowing whether to run or plead him to spare her life. She knows, she can't outrun the the huge man that stood before her. She knelt down immediately, tears flew down her cheek freely. 'Please don't kill me. Let me go.' she sobbed.
TO BE CONTINUE

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2014
Welcome Don
Donoluwashina: Aunty Doris... You are the best
thank u
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2014
nice update dear..."Your guardian is death"?? it should b "dead"..Pls correct it..xpectin more
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 6:52pm On Aug 15, 2014
heemah: nice update dear..."Your guardian is death"?? it should b "dead"..Pls correct it..xpectin more
Thanks for the correction heemah. I will modify right a way
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Mensah2013(m): 2:38am On Aug 16, 2014
Giv us more of this piece... Still waitin...
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2014
'I mean no harm to you.' The man reached for her hand and signalled her to stand up. He wiped off her tears. 'You are safe here.'
'Safe!' she murmured under breath. What is this man talking about when she has just been kidnapped.
'Did you eat the breakfast. I make a special delicacy for you alone.'
'No. Shalimar tried to relax though she still felt unsafe.
'Then, I will be lucky to watch you.'
'What!'
'Hmm...' he smiled brightly as he lead her to the bedroom.
He opened the plate, an aroma of fried rice welcome them.
Shalimar couldn't waited any longer to devour the sumptuous meal filled with turkey. As she was about eating the food, he held her hand.
'Prayer before meal.' he whispered.
Shalimar nodded and say her prayer. She wondered why he was being nice to her. Daisy's wedding flashed through her mind. She wished she would be married to a decent man and the one who knows to cook. Who will treat her like a princess and gave her all the love she ever wanted.
'Do you mind if I feed you?' the man teased.
Shalimar flushed and wagged her head.
'For once, I thought I had lost you forever but my faith overcome my fear. God create a chance for me to meet you at last.' He said after Shalimar had finished eating.
Shalimar wondered what he was talking about.
'Look, have just snap you. You look terrific.' he showed her the photo.
She blushed. She wanted to know more about this man and why she was there.
'who are you? Why are you being nice to me? What do you want from me? How did I get here?' She bombarded him with question.
'I thought you will never ask. First, your name is Shalimar, mind Blessed.'
'Who told you my name?' Shalimar was astounded.
'Never mind.' he replied. 'Why am being nice to you is because you are an exceptionally wonderful woman.'
Shalimar went crimson. This man doesn't know am a bloody bitch which every man despised.
'What I want from you?' he stared at her, their eyes met. He smiled. 'The future will tell.'
Shalimar wished he could smiled again. He was too handsome for her to ignored the impact his smile had on her.
He was taking time to answered her numerous question one after the other.
'How you get here? I save you from the ritualist that you were...' he paused, careful enough not to used abusive word on her. 'Alahji Hassan. You were lucky for not becoming his victim.'
'Oh my God! So this is how I could have end up because of my waywardness.' she wept bitterly.
'Is okay dear.' he wiped her tears. 'Is the will of God. If it hadn't happen, I couldn't have had a chance to talk to you.'
'Are you a sheriff?' she sniffed.
'No, I am a pastor in Redeemed Christian Church of God. House of treasure parish'
'That is wonderful. I always craved to attend that church but I never did.'
He brought out a handbill and gave to her. Shalimar promise to attend their revival. But how did he comes to know her.
'I always had you in my vision though I never saw you. Then one day, I asked God, why he was showing me this strange woman, then God said you needed me to become a better person.'
'What!' she adjust her sitting position.
'Yes, it was the lord doing. God told me I will be transfered to a place far away from home and that I should follow my heart. And today, here am I with you.'
Shalimar was baffled. Though his words are truth but was hard to believe.
'So how did you find me? Did you search for me?
'No. I had your picture in my mind. One day, I was eating in a bistro, three girls walked in and order their favourite. I tried to remember where I saw that particular face, then I realised I have seen my my mystery girl. I followed you and knew where you were staying. Daisy told me you were staying with Maggie. I visited Maggie.
'Did Daisy or Maggie told you how useless I am?' she raised her eyebrow.
'No, you are not useless. Daisy can't say anything bad against you. She only gave me Maggie's address. Maggie told me everything about you because I told her my intention.'
'What are your intention?' she asked with a puzzling mind.
'Never mind.'
Shalimar remembered everything that happened to her. How her life was turned upside down in one day. She west bitterly.
Three men came into their house uninvitedly. His father looked so scared. He ordered her to go and played. She was just 14 years old and couldn't understood what was going on.
After they might have spend more than an hour, his father called her in.
'Shally I...' Mr Luke did not know how to explained to his daughter. Desperately, he fought back the tears that filled his eyes.
'Papa what?' Shalimar asked curiously.
She had never seen his father with such terrified gangster.
'Tell her and stop wasting our time.' Bruno barked.
TO BE CONTINUE
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Mensah2013(m): 8:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Can u update today again pls... It's interesting

1 Like

Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by uchebest2006(m): 8:48pm On Aug 16, 2014
DorisBest...u kip on amazing me.Nice post!!!
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 12:30pm On Aug 17, 2014
Mensah2013: Can u update today again pls... It's interesting
Oh sorry, I had low battery yesterday that is why I did not reply you. And thanks alot. Update is coming very soon
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hmmm...
uchebest2006: DorisBest...u kip on amazing me.Nice post!!!
thanks Uche. How are you today?
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Mensah2013(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ok, thanks... I'm in this scorching sunday afternoon sun drying my battery so it can enable me read ur next update
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by uchebest2006(m): 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2014
Dorisbest: Hmmm...

thanks Uche. How are you today?
Am fyn!!!
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 3:42pm On Aug 17, 2014
'Shally, you know your mother died three years after your birth.' Mr Luke said softly.
'yes Papa.'
'I had to borrow money from this men to save her life but she still died. Please go with them, I will be visiting you.' He hung his head.
'Papa, how can you tell me to follow this strangers? I will not go. Do you know what they will do to me?' Tears filled her eyes.
'Please Shally, go with them. You know I love you. I will never do anything bad to you.' he felt pity for his only daughter but it was better for her to go with them than for the psychopath to kill her before his presence.
'No, I wont follow them.' she cried out.
Rocket who was absolutely furious with Luke for wasting his time signalled Barry to carry her. He was sure, he was going to have fun with his victim.
Before Shalimar could scampered, Bruno and Barry dragged her away.
Tears dripped down Luke's eyes as he watched his only beloved daughter being dragged away by psychopaths.
Two year after, Shalimar became pregnant. Rocket forced her to drink a substance which he believed could flushed the bastard away.
Two hours after she took that substance, she started bleeding profusely. She cried bitterly as her life slipped away. She remembered her cruelty father who sold her out. She hate him. And how many times had she been molested? Hot tears rolled down her face as she passed out.
The psychopath did not waste anytime as they saw her dying. They dumped her on the road side at midnight.
Maggie was a LovePeddler she had bad market that day. As she trek down the lonely mini- ewa road at Rumuobiakani, she saw a lifeless body. She checked her pulse and realised there was still little life in her. She called an ambulance.
Two days, later, Shalimar woke up from a coma. She narrated her story to them.
The doctor told her that, her chance of having a child was very rare.
Maggie took her home. Though she make her completed her secondary, she turned her to a prostitute.
When Shalimar got Admission to Brightest Future University at Eket, she left her and never returned.
=====
'I'm sorry for what you went through.' Blessed said.
'Never mind.' She wiped off her tears.
'I want you to know that your father is innocence. He did what he had to do just to protect you. It was life and death battle. He had to give up so he can fight another day. He was never the same since you left. When he heard you were dead, he fought tooth and nail to make justice prevail.
Rocket was shoot death as he tried to scamper while Bruno and Barry were sentence to 35 years imprisonment with hard labour. He established a school in your memory.
'Really!' she was surprised. 'If so, why didn't he visited me?'
'He was under restriction and beside he never knew where you were taken to.'
'Oh poor papa! I will like to see him. It will be a great reunion.' she said excitedly.
'I will arranged it.'
'So how did you know Hassan abducted me?'
'I had a terrible nightmare about you. So, I decided to watch your back. I followed Hassan car. I saw them taking you to a bush path. So I call the police. They were arrested and now they are behind bar.'
'Thank you so much for saving my life.'
'you are welcome.'
END OF CHAPTER 22
====================
CHAPTER 23
Jack was furious because of Amy's refusal to accept his proposal. He had almost done everything to please her but she remained adamant. He, the leader of Black Hawk fraternity pleading for a mere girl love. He always had girls at his beck and call but this particular girl, he hate her gut. He couldn't confronted her like other girls who trembled at his call but instead, he was so bedazzled, befuddled and diffident which turned him to an utter fool but today, he won't give her a chance. In two weeks, they will finished defending their project and she will be gone. He would never allowed that to happen.
Amy had decided to have a date with Jack in an unusual place, his house. She couldn't visualised the reason for accepting to meet in Jack's house. She needed someone around her. Daisy hardly had time for her since she got married while Inem seem to ignore her totally. She had seen her weeping in her pillow, when she asked her what the matter was, she gave her a strict answer that she was alright. Then few weeks ago, she was jovial again, always chatting with someone on phone and having a date.
As for Shalimar, she was totally a different person. She hardly go out as usual, she read her books and bible everyday and had midnight prayers. She had gotten herself a new sim card which could restricted men from calling her.
She preferred the new Shalimar to the old one. She decided to give them their privacy by hanging out with Jack. If only pastor Blessed hadn't cancelled his appointment with her, she couldn't have been there.
Blessed was the pastor that Daisy introduced to Amy. He had been of tremendous help in building her faith and trust in God.
She found herself knocking at Jack's door.
TO BE CONTINUE
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2014
She found herself knocking at Jack's door. A slight feeling of suspicion crept over her. She wished she could turned back but she couldn't.
Jack opened the door door. He was so excited to have her in his house at last. He welcome her in. They chat about school and other things.
Jack had carefullly prepared coconut rice with hemp. He urged her to have tiffin with him but she refused. His planned to hypnotised her had failed.
You think you are smart but am smarter than you. There is no time for drama anymore. I better act fast before unforeseen circumstances. Now I must be bold enough to face you. He thought.
'Who do you think you are? A goddess?' He derided.
Amy shuddered with dear.
'If I am you, I will eat that food and save myself from watching what I will do to you.' he locked the door.
Amy became alarmed. She had gone through worst situation than a mere bluffed. She decided to shroud her fear.
'What makes you think you can scared me a bit? Do you think am like one of your victim?' she stood akimbo.
Jack was more infuriated. He had always hate her gut. Now she was challenging him. He remembered all he had good through because of her. He gave a break to his lecherous lifestyle just to please her but she never gave in. She even went ahead and introduced him to her so called fiance. He must have her today by fire by force.
'Unclad yourself now.' He brought out a pistol and a camera. 'Am going to use you and post your nudie all over campus.'
TO BE CONTINUE
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
he wouldnt dare!! fnks for d lunch ma'am...ride on
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 7:01am On Aug 19, 2014
Amy comported herself. She must not allowed him to use her fear against her. She clasped her hand as she walked around Jack.
Jack pointed his gun at her. He was so befogged. He wondered what gave her the effrontery to still talked at gun point.
'you are a fool from the pit of helluvia. Shoot me, you wimp. Am already tired of life. You good for nothing psychopath.' She loose her packed dreadlock.
Jack was so provoke. No woman had ever dared him. He was about hitting her when something got his sight.
Amy had a diadem in her head and was adorned with tiara. Her energy was rising. The temperature in the room was abnormally hot.
Amy felt a new verve in her but she was fighting with it. The crown had suddenly turned to a viper.
'Jesus christ!' Jack shrieked. His gun fell from his hand. He was perspiring severely and shuddering with fear.
'Run, run for your life.' Amy managed to say.
The worst mistake Jack ever make in his life was locking themselves inside a room. Before he could unlocked the door with a shaky hand and the key falling down umpteen times, the viper coiled around him, twisting him. He screamed for help but to no availed.
Few bones cracked as he struggled for life.
TO BE CONTINUE
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Aipete2(f): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2014
Ehya. I pity him sha, so jack cn call d name of Jesus lolz. 9c work baby
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by heemah(f): 9:15am On Aug 19, 2014
huh...ion like d woman Amy is becoming oo
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by uchebest2006(m): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2014
Aipete2: Ehya. I pity him sha, so jack cn call d name of Jesus lolz. 9c work baby
Lolz....i wonder o.I think all this pipo in their so called "fraternity" dn't know the name of the son of God "Jesus". Ride on Doris!!
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2014
heemah: huh...ion like d woman Amy is becoming oo
Glad Amy has an admirer
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
Amy was confused as she stood rooted. She had never experience anything like that. Who could have believed a snake lived in her body. She had to do something or else she could forever blamed herself for causing Jack's death even if he was the one who wanted to destroy her life and tarnishing her image but what could she do? She had no controlled over the viper and Jack had suddenly stopped screaming. She kept on contemplating till she remembered a verse she read in the bible. In the of Jesus every knee must bow, every tongue must confess that Jesus is lord. But Jack had screamed Jesus but nothing happened.
'Act 19:15.' A little voiced whispered to her. Perhap it was her mind playing tricks on her but she had just got an answered to her worries. I know Jesus, I know paul but who are you? They evil spirit said to them.
'Jesus.' Amy screamed with total faith and confident.
The viper hissed aloud and turned to her. It was loosing it strenght. That name was too powerful. It had no strenght to crush Jack again. It had to un-coiled and returned to where it came from.
Amy's body.
Amy swallowed hard as the viper disappeared into her body. She rushed and shook Jack violently. He was fighting for breath. She was sure that nothing could happened to him. As she left, she dialled emergency number.
As Amy was about crossing the road, she got a glimpsed of someone hugging Inem. She thought it was Paul but he had never visited her. Before she could reached home, the man drove off. She met Inem waving in a puerile manner.
'Was that Paul?' Amy could see the excitement in Inem's eyes.
'Yes. Do you know him?' she was puzzled.
'No, I don't.' Amy sneered. 'I thought you and my brother were dating.'
Inem puckered her lips. There was no need to be bad-tempered with her. She was innocent. She thought.
'No, we are not dating. We are strictly on platonic friend zone. He makes it cleared that he was in love with someone else.'
Amy was baffled. Ubong had not introduced her to any girl. 'And who is this girl? Have you seen him with her?'
'Who else but you?' Inem snapped and walked away.
Amy was befogged. She thought Paul had given up on her. Perhap there was hope for them. After all, she had just witness a miracle that happened in the name of Jesus.
With God, nothing is impossible.
END OF CHAPTER 23
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
O boy ee fear e yaf catch me
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 9:02pm On Aug 19, 2014
Next time Jack won't do that.interesting update
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
Divepen: O boy ee fear e yaf catch me
Glad to have you here, Divepen
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by Dorisbest(f): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
seunviju: Next time Jack won't do that.interesting update
thank u. I was begining to think this story is toooo boring
Re: Behold The Jewel Of My Heart by seunviju(f): 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Dorisbest:
thank u. I was begining to think this story is toooo boring
boring ke,mba.but @ least you are adding fun to it with the last two updates.keep it up dear,don't relent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. / Best Stories I've Read On Nairaland So Far. / Chimamanda Adichie: "Men Holding The Door For Women Troubles Me" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.