Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? (61275 Views)

Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Favourss(f): 8:58am On Jul 18, 2014
They ok.
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by AjanleKoko: 10:39am On Jul 18, 2014
Sagamite:

I know there was potential, afterall Nigeria is a country of perpetual potential grin grin grin grin, what I was actually referring to was the whole rubbish of Nigerian leaders being some of the best in the world, other African countries want to learn from us and we are the giant pride of black of people.

Such journalists need to be shot!

Apart from Awolowo (who also suffered from the tribal handicap), most Nigerian leaders have been incompetent chumps, crass bullies, and greedy hypocrites. angry
He was a solid technocrat.

If he had teamed up with Zik, the combination would have been the best for Naija. The benevolent visionary statesman as president, and the technocrat as the prime minister/executor. Now that would have been a tight combination. But it all went up in smoke, on the altar of religion and tribal sentiment. And then the a$$wipes took over and have never left.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Babaji111(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2014
Eyya! So fascinating....When naija was Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by ayobase(m): 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
Willy1willy: Yorubas killed Nigeria Airways

what weapon did they use?
oponu!
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Sagamite(m): 12:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
AjanleKoko:

Apart from Awolowo (who also suffered from the tribal handicap), most Nigerian leaders have been incompetent chumps, crass bullies, and greedy hypocrites. angry
He was a solid technocrat.

If he had teamed up with Zik, the combination would have been the best for Naija. The benevolent visionary statesman as president, and the technocrat as the prime minister/executor. Now that would have been a tight combination. But it all went up in smoke, on the altar of religion and tribal sentiment. And then the a$$wipes took over and have never left.

Are you telling me that that combination would have been better than Goodluck Jonathan as President and Alao Akala as Prime Minister/Executor? *Straight Face*

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by AjanleKoko: 12:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
Sagamite:

Are you telling me that that combination would have been better than Goodluck Jonathan as President and Alao Akala as Prime Minister/Executor? *Straight Face*

Seriously? cheesy

Two supreme fucktards??

Negro Please. Today na Friday cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by dimobro(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nigeria has since ceased to be giant of Africa. We have destroyed this nation we call ours. It is time for we children and youths to bring hope to this country once more. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by SailorXY: 1:07pm On Jul 18, 2014
xtervaganza: so funny

Gives me so much joy seeing footage of your people dropping dead after weeks of hunger
& how has that changed the fact that your people keep selling their prized Lagos lands to my people just to have food to eat?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by SailorXY: 1:08pm On Jul 18, 2014
ayobase:

what weapon did they use?
oponu!
bic & eleganza
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by dabossman(m): 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2014
Those milking us dry in this country must be having a laugh now. They are looting us dry in unison, irrespective of their tribe or religion. Fools here be fighting over tribal issues. What a country. What a people.
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Abraham2013(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: True talk, buh we just have to be optimistic about the future, With Govs like Akpabio,Amaechi,Imoke in SS,Sullivan in The SE,Fashola in the SW, Lamido,Shema,Kwankwaso and likes in the north, the future can only get better, though corruption is still a cancer mitigating our development!
Plz don't ever put lamido, shetma, n kwankwaso in d same sentence wit fashola, sullivan n akpabio. How can u be governors(akpabio, fashola n sullivan) in d same sentence wit permanent second (lamido, shetema n knwakwaso)
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by laudate: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
chrisbaba1:

[size=13pt]Nobody is disputing anybodys living conditions. The whole idea that igbo people succeed anywhere and everywhere is simply farce, its the same as assuming an average calabar girl is a s*e*x machine, don't let a farce decieve you we know the truth, Every man makes his own history not your tribe. Igbos should contest more to lead, i care less about a leaders tribe... Oil, we dont have oil in the west, we have never depended on oil, we depend on human resource and brain power, thats our source, so whats your point[/size]

WORD! Well said, bro. It baffles me each time a simple thread is hijacked by the ethnic jingoists and tribal warlords who try to cannonize their own tribes and demonize other ethnic groups. Why?

The same Nigeria Airways was regarded as a profitable entity from 1971 to 1983. At least, it is on record that they had over 30 functional aircraft that were flying to various international destinations, and yielding good profit for the Nigerian government. During its profitable years, the same airline was manned by various professionals from different ethnic groups and they all did a good job. undecided

So what went wrong?

The rot started from the mid-80s until 2002 when Nigeria Airways was finally liquidated. Again, those folks who committed unsavoury acts that led to its demise, came from various ethnic groups. sad

Ethnicity is not, and has never been a factor of corruption. The good, the bad and the ugly come from every ethnic group or tribe. No tribe is holier than the other.

What people should do, is draw up a chart of lessons learnt from the final years of the airline and ensure that such history is NOT repeated, if there is a need to set up another national carrier in the nearest future. Chikena! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by laudate: 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
conyema12:

I never insulted you....I only demanded for answer to the question.. was that not a truthful question . Who destroyed our institutions? NEPA NITEL RAILWAYS ...I will ask u again?... If your reply comes as an insult then I know who are a goat?

Hello, talk is cheap.

Why don't you post the list of all the board of directors who ran each of these institutions from 1971 till date, to buttress whatever point you are trying to make? Please cite the sources too, as well as the url, so we can verify your information.

Compare the status of each institution and their assets as well as level of profitability over the years, and plot these figures and information into a chart, in order to assess the performance of each institution under their respective boards. undecided

Once you have done that, we would then be able to assess objectively which group performed better than the other. sad

Until then, kindly put the rhetorics on hold. Talk is cheap, but facts are sacred.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Goandie: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
sample042: .

I refuse 2 CONCUR wit my own notion towards Nigeria by sayn -ve things.
YES! Nigeria may not be d way we wish it could be.
YES! [s]Nigeria is been mismanaged by our leaders[/s].
YES! Lookn back to 2nd republic one can say dt Nigeria was better in most aspects.
YES! YES!! And YES!!! Continuosly...
...Bt d area u'r covering hw well are u 2 ensure dt loopholes are minimised?
I hate it wen i criticise Nigeria drawing references from d past.
yStrDaY is GoNe! 2mrw is a new day.
Let's unite against animosity 2 fight for a common goal in makn Nigeria a better place.
[s]I have a strong feeling dt one day Nigeria will be a better place 2 be. Peace of Nigeria I pray 4[/s].

bro na opata u dey yan
we are the leaders and dey mismanaged it coz we did not put dis pple that are politicians 2 d sword.
i agree with d bolded part we most unite but dont forget my brother Nigerians are cowards and dey will neva fight.
no feelings can make naija a beta place nd if naija will becumin it will not be our generation
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
1,500 destinations across the globe''? 1,500? With 26 aircraft? How? When? Are there even up to 1,500 air destinations on earth? British Airways today serves 170 destinations. But Nigeria Airways served 1,500 destinations in 1973??

Generating ''N150 billion per annum'' in 1973? 1973? Do you know Nigeria's entire annual GDP was less than N5 billion in 1973?

This stuff was clearly written by a semi-literate, ignorant buffoon, and clearly accepted without question by equally semi-literate, dumb and stupi.d Nairalanders, more concerned with purveying their ethnic hatred than using their brains. LOW IQ DUNCES - EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

not really sure why people swallow unconditionally every single thing they read on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:22pm On Jul 18, 2014
some air hostesses in the early 70s for comparison.

so, nigeria decided to dress their own differently for some reason?

[img]http://4.bp..com/-VPtreAsE3W4/T1fxtgqqvPI/AAAAAAAAAWU/vpuryCgkzvY/s400/Flight+attendants+Braniff.jpg[/img]

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
1935:

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
1970s:

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
all of these cast doubt on the original picture.

the op should present further evidence the people in the photo are what he says they are.
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
1970s re-enactment:

note the bags, they help date the period being shown.
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:30pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2014
undated nigeria airways photograph.

note the stewardesses uniform:

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by elemic(m): 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
MzJackBaueress: They look like students in a boarding school wearing school uniforms. Nothing attractive about it.
ah ah, are where suppose to dress as if they were going for a beauty peagant?
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by MrT2011(m): 12:41am On Jul 19, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: [b] Those Glory days... smiley too bad i only learnt about them in school and never witnessed it. It behooves the present stock of leaders we have today to give we the young generation a taste of the goodlife they enjoyed back in their days. My dad use to tell me how back in the days University Students were fed by an FG welfare Scheme in most Universities in Nigeria... Today it's all tales...[b] Nigeria shall regain her lost glory again! cool[/[/b]b]

Lili!

In there dream! cool
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by MrT2011(m): 12:42am On Jul 19, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: [b] Those Glory days... smiley too bad i only learnt about them in school and never witnessed it. It behooves the present stock of leaders we have today to give we the young generation a taste of the goodlife they enjoyed back in their days. My dad use to tell me how back in the days University Students were fed by an FG welfare Scheme in most Universities in Nigeria... Today it's all tales...[b] Nigeria shall regain her lost glory again! cool[/[/b]b]

Lili!

In their dream! cool
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by tpia1: 2:50am On Jul 19, 2014

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Air Peace Staff Land In London In Ishiagu Attire, Sparking Outrage In Nigeria / Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City / Eko Atlantic City Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.