Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? (61253 Views)

Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / Photo Of A Foreigner Carrying A Well Maintained Nigeria Airways Bag / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by ogedanny: 11:47am On Jul 17, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-fXYF2nH0ht8/U8ep9fNkKBI/AAAAAAAADIg/ZOKPfjP7AIM/s1600/niger.jpeg[/img]

Are they looking trendy like modern day hostess?

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by echobee(f): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by ammyluv2002(f): 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
They look cool

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nice pix

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by OKKO(m): 12:34pm On Jul 17, 2014
So classic gals existed those days

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Nnewi1stSon: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
Those Glory days... smiley too bad i only learnt about them in school and never witnessed it. It behooves the present stock of leaders we have today to give we the young generation a taste of the goodlife they enjoyed back in their days. My dad use to tell me how back in the days University Students were fed by an FG welfare Scheme in most Universities in Nigeria... Today it's all tales... Nigeria shall regain her lost glory again! cool

104 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by talktrue1(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2014
In 1973, we are generating N150bn. In 2014, you can trace the airways again.
Jimoh Ibrahim have questions to answer

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by collynzo2(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2014
The look like Mgbekes.
Nothing classy about that, even for a 1973 picture.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by HappyJoe: 12:56pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nigeria's entire GDP wasn't up to N150 billion in 1973 and the Nigerian Airways didn't employ 10,000 (the entire Federal Civil Service barely employed 10,000 people then).

Anyone who believes this crap must have his/her head examined - anyway that is the problem with our educational system.

29 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Goandie: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2014
ogedanny: [img]http://2.bp..com/-fXYF2nH0ht8/U8ep9fNkKBI/AAAAAAAADIg/ZOKPfjP7AIM/s1600/niger.jpeg[/img]

Are they looking trendy like modern day hostess?

naija den can neva, ever and forever be compared to naija now, den corruption dos not exist or was very minimal becuz d standard of living then was wonderful but now, naija is n hell nd no cure or way out of it

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by MzJackBaueress(f): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
They look like students in a boarding school wearing school uniforms. Nothing attractive about it.

10 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by McWhillion(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2014
Willy1willy: Yorubas killed Nigeria Airways
Who is this?

46 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:01pm On Jul 17, 2014
talktrue1: In 1973, we are generating N150bn. In 2014, you can trace the airways again.
Jimoh Ibrahim have questions to answer

The 150 billion naira profit is a bloody lie from the pit of hell.

21 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Sunnybobo3(m): 1:02pm On Jul 17, 2014
HappyJoe: Nigeria's entire GDP wasn't up to N150 billion in 1973 and the Nigerian Airways didn't employ 10,000 (the entire Federal Civil Service barely employed 10,000 people then).

Anyone who believes this crap must have his/her head examined - anyway that is the problem with our educational system.

Somebody must have edited the image with that load of crap.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by collynzo2(m): 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2014
ilugunboy:

This kid is very bitter..very bitter indeed.

Are you this bitter with Yorubas and Hausas out there in your real life?
I am appaled at the hypocrisy of those who destroyed the Nigerian state, Mr Ilmuguboy.
Allow the man who is trying to repair the damages your fathers made to do so in peace!
That is all.

68 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by dridowu: 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2014
That was when Nigeria is still Nigeria. Shame on the leaders that spoilt the Nigeria airways and shame on the leaders that fails to revive it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by arewafederation: 1:23pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: Those Glory days... smiley too bad i only learnt about them in school and never witnessed it. It behooves the present stock of leaders we have today to give we the young generation a taste of the goodlife they enjoyed back in their days. My dad use to tell me how back in the days University Students were fed by an FG welfare Scheme in most Universities in Nigeria... Today it's all tales... Nigeria shall regain her lost glory again! cool

How can Nigeria regain her lost glory when those responsible for the rot are still in charge and have succeeded in pitting us against one another? How can Nigeria regain her lost glory when all our youths do is fight, insult one another just for having different tribe or religion?

My brother, the damage has been done and the solution is beyond our reach.

30 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by collynzo2(m): 1:29pm On Jul 17, 2014
arewafederation:

You and your foolish brother have started again. angry
Can you address the issue?
Who destroyed the Nigeria airways and Nitel?

35 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Nnewi1stSon: 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
arewafederation:

How can Nigeria regain her lost glory when those responsible for the rot are still in charge and have succeeded in pitting us against one another? How can Nigeria regain her lost glory when all our youths do is fight, insult one another just for having different tribe or religion?

My brother, the damage has been done and the solution is beyond our reach.
True talk, buh we just have to be optimistic about the future, With Govs like Akpabio,Amaechi,Imoke in SS,Sullivan in The SE,Fashola in the SW, Lamido,Shema,Kwankwaso and likes in the north, the future can only get better, though corruption is still a cancer mitigating our development!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by ichidodo: 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2014
Who looted Nigerian Airways? Nigeria Railway,National theatre,Nepa,Nitel and Bar beach??..Those from Wastern Nigeria..

38 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by ichidodo: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2014
Before the war one could take a tour around Nigeria from Lagos to Kaduna,Kano,Kafanchan, up to kaura namoda, maiduguri before plungin down to makurdi Enugu and Port harcourt with stops at tourist sites like Olumo rock,kainji dam and game reserve, yankari game reserves et al via rail but after the war one could be lucky to hitch a ride from iddo to Abeokuta..
Before the War,Nigerian airways ruled the skies and could be sighted in far off places like Addis abbaba,UAE,Singarpore and Japan but today we have the burnt out shell of an extinct airline.....Who looted our National conglomerates??To be continued...

29 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
dridowu: That was when Nigeria is still Nigeria. Shame on the leaders that spoilt the Nigeria airways and shame on the leaders that fails to revive it.

the incumbent leader is trying to revive it

17 Likes

Re: Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? by arewafederation: 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2014
Nnewi1stSon: True talk, buh we just have to be optimistic about the future, With Govs like Akpabio,Amaechi,Imoke in SS,Sullivan in The SE,Fashola in the SW, Lamido,Shema,Kwankwaso and likes in the north, the future can only get better, though corruption is still a cancer mitigating our development!

All those you mentioned are only after their own interests and have nothing to offer. They are all politicians without principle. The common man who allows these rich policians to toss him around is the major problem. I can only be optimistic when the citizens begin to know and understand their rights, realise the these bloody politicians are but slaves to the citizens.

But we are far from realising that.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking / Eko Atlantic City Updates / My Journey To The UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.