Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,072 members, 7,867,063 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:21 AM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (142147 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
snazzylove:

Love nwa ntinti grin.
Insecurity! He only wants to be sure you are where u said u are at every point in time. No be say ur line no dey go cheesy.
If that is the case, then i won't take it as an INSECURITY issue at all. To me it becomes a TRUST issue....

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
Haaaaa!Godismystrength,
You need to put up ur pic for us here oo,you must be very hot!
The bobo is just insecure and trying to keep tabs.You know the situation at home and it definitely will be affecting his confidence that's why he's trying hard to exert control on everything .

Relax my sister,you can ask him to stop it as its causing problems for you at work.No need to make it a big issue.

Jolosi de kill me here ooo.Lurv nwantinti cheesy

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
hispinkolo: Haaaaa!Godismystrength,
You need to put up ur pic for us here oo,you must be very hot!
The bobo is just insecure and trying to keep tabs.You know the situation at home and it definitely will be affecting his confidence that's why he's trying hard to exert control on everything .

Relax my sister,you can ask him to stop it as its causing problems for you at work.No need to make it a big issue.

Jolosi de kill me here ooo.Lurv nwantinti cheesy
grin grin grin hot indeed.
The act is embarrasing me jare and i have told him so. Yet he will still do it.

My colleage was asking me how she got her number and i was like maybe he got it on my phone. The next thing she said was that my hubby was just trying to confirn that she is not a man (i.e maybe i saved a man's number with a woman's name). I told him this and he was like he trusts me more than himself.

apart from the embarrasement, my own issue is why does he have to copy it behind my back? why can't he just ask me for the numbers...........mtscheeew
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by egopersonified(f): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength, this guy dey die for u, u dey here dey question am. Hahaha, abeg I cant fit laugh. Maybe u shd try calling him regularly to keep him posted, eg, i just got to the office; i'm on lunch break, any issue; i'm about to go for a meeting, have you eaten; just left the office, on my way home, have you gotten home; etc. But most importantly, as long as he is not having any r/ship with d females and not asking the males for any favours, just talk to him to stop calling them and try picking his calls even when in a meeting. By the way, if I kidnap u, how much your husband go fit pay, so we can just do that once and for all. My own still better pass your own, me I dey 5pm grace, I close by 5, so once it is five fifteen, the calls don start, even on sundays when I go out, once it is five pm, na to start calling when I dey go house even when he is not in town.

5 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2014
egopersonified: Godmystrength, this guy dey die for u, u dey here dey question am. Hahaha, abeg I cant fit laugh. Maybe u shd try calling him regularly to keep him posted, eg, i just got to the office; i'm on lunch break, any issue; i'm about to go for a meeting, have you eaten; just left the office, on my way home, have you gotten home; etc. But most importantly, as long as he is not having any r/ship with d females and not asking the males for any favours, just talk to him to stop calling them and try picking his calls even when in a meeting. By the way, if I kidnap u, how much your husband go fit pay, so we can just do that once and for all. My own still better pass your own, me I dey 5pm grace, I close by 5, so once it is five fifteen, the calls don start, even on sundays when I go out, once it is five pm, na to start calling when I dey go house even when he is not in town.

lol. grin grin i make all those calls o. sometimes i even go to the extent of updating him busstop after busstop.. grin grin cheesy

The problem is that my new office is something else o. No phone ringing, no receiving calls in the office, no going up and down to make/take calls,no wasting of time on eating.... The MD/CEO is always on our neck like no man's business. He can call you names and embarrass you in public if caught doing any of the above. So once we enter the office, phone enters silence mode ni. He knows all these and that's why i told him to be sending me text. I also send him texts to check on him. Once it is 6pm on dot, my phone becomes a business center from his calls. in fact i just tire. He has even asked me one day whether i have one male colleague's phone number and i said no.(maybe he has gone through my phone and didn't find his name in my contacts)

If you kidnap me, na gobe o. no kobo to pay you. by the time i am almost finishing your food, you will have no choice than to just chase me away.

8 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
grin cheesy
I'm sure if dem kidnap me hubby go dance skelewu and give d kidnappers 2 days of grace to enjoy my company before looking for me.

My dear just firmly tell him to stop because it's causing you issues at work. I'm sure it's frustrating but abeg allow us to laugh,hehehehehehe.
Your workplace harsh oo!But very good ethics.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: I have promised myself not to complain about hubby again but somethings happened/happens and i just want to know if its just a normal thing and whether i am just overreacting.
I noticed sometimes ago that hubby is fond of going through my phones behind my back and copying out some numbers without my knowledge. How do i get to know?
In my former job like 2 years ago, i was in a meeting in the office and one of my colleague that went to the bank came back and told me my hubby called her and was asking about me (where i was). She was now asking how my hubby got her number, i was just surprised and could only mumbled some incoherent answers to her. When i call to ask why he didn't call my own number but chose to call a colleague, he said my line wasn't going through. I asked him why he called, he said he was just checking on me. I also asked how he got her number and that was when he told me he got it from my phone. When i tried to ask why he did that without my knowledge, he just got jumpy and started changing the line of talk asking what does it matter. I was angry and just couldn't understand the reason for that..
Fast forward to last week, i was in the office and about to call my hubby and my colleague's phone rang only for her to pick and tell me my husband wants to talk to me. I just collected the phone and acted cool all through the call. He was just calling to know if i had reach my office. Why didn't he call my phone, he said it wasn't going through. Same thing happened on Monday when we were in a meeting in the office (with the MD/CEO who is a very funny person that can even call you a fool if your phone rings during a meeting - it must even ring to his hearing during office hours oo)and my phone was on vibration and he get calling me and i was ending the call (more than 10times). it wasn't convenient for me to excuse myself to pick his call (i had already told him that whenever he calls my phone for more than twice and i don't pick, he should just send a text). When my phone stopped ringing, my Head of Dept's phone started ringing (he forgot to put his phone on silence) and he was just silencing the calls. He got a lot of missed calls only for him to pick the call after the meeting and told me that my hubby wants to talk to me. embarassedI was so embarrassed because everybody knew when his phone was ringing continuously and they heard him when he said it was my hubby on line. I just calmly told him that i will call him with my phone. When i called, he said he wanted to ask if i had closed and that when i didn't pick, he became worried. i told him he could have sent a text and he was like what if i had been kidnapped? shocked. Asking how he got my oga's number, he said he copied it from my phone. When and why? He got angry........... I am just wondering what this means and have not been able to make sense from it all.
i want sometime to pass before i raise it with him again but just want to know if it is not out of the ordinary. Who does that?

Tell him politely and calmly to stop before he gets you fired, it is not professional at all. Your colleagues will get talking and you will be shut off from projects because no one wants your husband calling them and asking of you.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
aisha2:

Tell him politely and calmly to stop before he gets you fired, it is not professional at all. Your colleagues will get talking and you will be shut off from projects because no one wants your husband calling them and asking of you.
Maybe these will make him stop..... Thanks

[size=5pt]hope you are doing fine. take care sweet[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength

Somebody is loving you and you are there doing shakara. tongue You think it's easy to get a man that cares about his wife this much? Abi na him fault say you too hot? tonguetongue

I go love ooooooo tongue grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
That man is very insecure.
Jeeeez!!
What kind of love is that?

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2014
Phema: Godmystrength

Somebody is loving you and you are there doing shakara. tongue You think it's easy to get a man that cares about his wife this much? Abi na him fault say you too hot? tonguetongue

I go love ooooooo tongue grin
go away joor grin grin grin i don't want that kind of love jare.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godismystrength, pls the guy is in love & also feeling insecure at the sametime. Don't shoo him in a harsh way dear cos if u see as other women dey take dance azonto anytime they receive such attention from their hubby, u go go thank God.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: go away joor grin grin grin i don't want that kind of love jare.

Lol. grin

On a serious note, just politely tell him how it's affecting your work and all. I can understand his insecurity (judging from your previous posts) and his need to exert his authority.

Then again, always call/text him just before you go into a meeting and inform him that you will be in a meeting for the next 30, 40mins. That way, he won't have any reasons to call up the whole world looking his Johnny lost wife. grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 3:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
DIDIVA: Godismystrength, pls the guy is in love & also feeling insecure at the sametime. Don't shoo him in a harsh way dear cos if u see as other women dey take dance azonto anytime they receive such attention from their hubby, u go go thank God.
But he doesn't have to call me through my colleagues phone in the office to show me love o sad . Let him limit the love to calling MY PHONE.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hispinkolo, I've been watching you with my corner eye since and wondering if you are my lost twin married to my husband's lost twin. lipsrsealed

The similarities and the dynamics in our marriage is so phenomenal. Except the inlaw ish. . . for now (as them still they do me "welcome" oo) grin

*continues watching from the sideline* wink
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 3:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
Phema:

Lol. grin

On a serious note, just politely tell him how it's affecting your work and all. I can understand his insecurity (judging from your previous posts) and his need to exert his authority.

Then again, always call/text him just before you go into a meeting and inform him that you will be in a meeting for the next 30, 40mins. That way, he won't have any reasons to call up the whole world looking his Johnny lost wife. grin
I always do o my dear. Just that there are some meetings that are impromptu and there will be no time for calls. Like when the whole dept is summoned to the MD's office and everybody is tensed up. Who has time for text/call by that time? cheesy . Those people he also calls are in my dept and most times, when i am in a meeting, it means WE are all in the meeting. So you can imagine a colleague having to complain that someone was just calling his /her phone all thruough the meeting and that he/she doesn't even know the person and people are like why can't the person call back later only for the colleague's phone to ring and he/she says enhen, this is the same person o. And he picks only for him/her to say xxxxxxx, take the phone, your husband wants to talk to you embarassed

I will try to tell him what Aisha has suggested and if it doesn't work then, i might just find a way to delete the numbers from his phone. (problem will be do i even know all my colleagues that he has their numbers or whether he also has them written somewhere else too or what time do i even have to be going through all the contacts on his phone). I give up jare......
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: But he doesn't have to call me through my colleagues phone in the office to show me love o sad

Love is Love! Whether na for your phone or colleague's or even your MD own. Bottom line is; he's showing love. tongue

Don't you just feel like killing me
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
Phema:

Love is Love! Whether na for your phone or colleague's or even your MD own. Bottom line is; he's showing love. tongue

Don't you just feel like killing me
That will be too nice compare to what i feel like doing ooo grin cheesy
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: That will be too nice compare to what i feel like doing ooo grin cheesy

cheesy kiss kiss
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by freecocoa(f): 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
Na wa o.

Since when is insecurity now a sign of love biko nu? I've read countless times in this family section that an insecure man is a no no, abi is insecurity a bad thing only when dating and turns into love after marriage?

Make una remember say some of us never marry and are learning from una o.

6 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
freecocoa: Na wa o.
Since when is insecurity now a sign of love biko nu? I've read countless times in this family section that an insecure man is a no no, abi is insecurity a bad thing only when dating and turns into love after marriage?

We all agree its insecurity and are just teasing her with the love thingy. If you followed her previous posts, u will prolly understand where the insecurities are coming from.

Sometimes, we try not to "go hard" on marital issues as this as that will have little or no positive effect on the said problem.

But, if its relationship, our advice will be somewhat different, cos there isn't any commitment yet.

I do hope you understand the angle I'm are coming from. wink

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 4:52pm On Aug 20, 2014

Don't take it as it is o. They are just teasing me and trying to make light the situation. smiley the green part got me lmao grin grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by nikkyshyne(f): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength:

.... The MD/CEO is always on our neck like no man's business. He can call you names and embarrass you in public if caught doing any of the above. So once we enter the office, phone enters silence mode ni. He knows all these and that's why i told him to be sending me text. I also send him texts to check on him.. ..
Hian! What kind of a company is that?? I wouldnt last 2 months in this type of coy.

I thought so too o. I have watched so many documentaries about what insecured husbands do to their wives. Not to scare Godmystrength though, but i believe his love is healthy.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by freecocoa(f): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: Don't take it as it is o. They are just teasing me and trying to make light the situation. smiley the green part got me lmao grin grin
Okay then, I for say o grin.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by freecocoa(f): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
Phema:

We all agree its insecurity and are just teasing her with the love thingy. If you followed her previous posts, u will prolly understand where the insecurities are coming from.

Sometimes, we try not to "go hard" on marital issues as this as that will have little or no positive effect on the said problem.

But, if its relationship, our advice will be somewhat different, cos there isn't any commitment yet.

I do hope you understand the angle I'm are coming from. wink
Alrighty then.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
nikkyshyne: Hian! What kind of a company is that?? I wouldnt last 2 months in this type of coy.
well till i get another one, i just have to comply..... responsibilities full ground...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 5:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
imagine!!! I just shouted at my husband on phone some couple of minutes ago embarassed. My colleague's phone was ringing and she went out to pick it (MD's office door was closed) only for her to come and call me and was pointing at her phone. My husband was the one on the line.... I just got angry collected the phone and told him in a raised angry voice not to ever call any of my colleagues' phone ever again because i am not teh only married person here and that is not how my colleagues' spouses call my phone. It wasn't that he called my phone and i didn't pick because i came back to check my phone and there was no miss call on it. It is not even 6pm yet...Jeez!!!! I even sent him a text to pls leave me alone..... Now i feel so bad cry. This life sef..... Different people with different characters.... Chai!!!!! Diaris God oooooo. This kind love na suffocating love o. haba!!!

5 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
grin chai! This is getting serious o. Try and talk to him calmly in a way he'll understand dear.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Godmystrength: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2014
DIDIVA: grin chai! This is getting serious o. Try and talk to him calmly in a way he'll understand dear.
okay o
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Godmystrength: imagine!!! I just shouted at my husband on phone some couple of minutes ago embarassed. My colleague's phone was ringing and she went out to pick it (MD's office door was closed) only for her to come and call me and was pointing at her phone. My husband was the one on the line.... I just got angry collected the phone and told him in a raised angry voice not to ever call any of my colleagues' phone ever again because i am not teh only married person here and that is not how my colleagues' spouses call my phone. It wasn't that he called my phone and i didn't pick because i came back to check my phone and there was no miss call on it. It is not even 6pm yet...Jeez!!!! I even sent him a text to pls leave me alone..... Now i feel so bad cry. This life sef..... Different people with different characters.... Chai!!!!! Diaris God oooooo. This kind love na suffocating love o. haba!!!

Eyah. Sis, please take it easy with him o.k. Just relax. When you get home, calmly sit him down and tell himm the implications of these frequent calls and how embarassing it is begining to make you look at your workplace. Tell him people are begining to complain (even though its not true) and might affect how long you will last in that place. You really need to communicate with him in a deep way for him to understand. apologise for screaming at him. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by krystal101(f): 6:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
Lwtmb!!! This is nice! When you get home, pls don't forget to seat your hubby down using aisha's words! Maybe he'll be touched. This love is strong o. Doesn't he work? This one he remembers to call every hour

Godmystrength: imagine!!! I just shouted at my husband on phone some couple of minutes ago embarassed. My colleague's phone was
ringing and she went out to pick it (MD's office door was closed) only for her to come and call me and was pointing at her phone. My husband was the one on the line.... I just got angry collected the phone and told him in a raised angry voice not to ever call any of my colleagues' phone ever again because i am not teh only married person here and that is not how my colleagues' spouses call my phone. It wasn't that he called my phone and i didn't pick because i came back to check my phone and there was no miss call on it. It is not even 6pm yet...Jeez!!!! I even sent him a text to pls leave me alone..... Now i feel so bad cry. This life sef..... Different people with different characters.... Chai!!!!! Diaris God oooooo. This kind love na suffocating love o. haba!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.