Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,226 members, 7,867,589 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:08 PM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (142156 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by temi4fash(m): 10:06pm On Aug 25, 2014
When I read it self... I just decided to skip it and not comment abt d advise.. But am sowii to say u meant well but d delivery was bad very bad.. I tink u shld work on it. As I always say tackle the script not the actors of the script..

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 10:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
temi4fash: When I read it self... I just decided to skip it and not comment abt d advise.. But am sowii to say u meant well but d delivery was bad very bad.. I tink u shld work on it. As I always say tackle the script not the actors of the script..

Simple!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
Hello mamas n papas, sisters n Bros!! How is work going for ple in office n shops n markets? How is staying home going for someone like me wey still dey in bed thinkin of 'wetin I wan do today sef'. Hope all is going well with us all.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by IyawoToBe(f): 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
Wait! Why are inlaws like this? I just feel it's a vicious cycle.... Because your inlaws were mean to you, then you also choose to be mean to whoever sees you as an inlaw. And it goes on and on!

With the experience I've had with my callous and evil inlaws, i have decided to ALWAYS give any married relation a space. And when my children have their own spouse, I will NEVER interfer with their marital issues.
Life can be frustrating when your inlaws are devilish. cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by krystal101(f): 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2014
grin It still beats me! Some will just see you & decide not to like you... Me I'm doing love from afar & facing my front

IyawoToBe: Wait! Why are inlaws like this? I just feel it's a vicious cycle.... Because your inlaws were mean to you, then you also choose to be mean to whoever sees you as an inlaw. And it goes on and on!

With the experience I've had with my callous and evil inlaws, i have decided to ALWAYS give any married relation a space. And when my children have their own spouse, I will NEVER interfer with their marital issues.
Life can be frustrating when your inlaws are devilish. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by repogirl(f): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2014
Inlaws, mine are not the worst, I still keep them at arms length sha, friendly when I need to be, I don't go above board cos when you do, you give space for them to try rubbish..... My husband sef is sort of very independent, he's not exactly close to anyone so he's not looking to please anyone ...... But they are generally cool sha, they don't give trouble.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
This reminds me of a TV advert of one rice brand in used to watch way back in Ghana. The MIL used to be very saucy to her DIL, so of course, the DIL didn't like the old woman coming around.
Then one day she cooked rice and MIL visited, didn't meet her son at home, but decided to eat before leaving.
She enjoyed the rice so much that she had to say "I will be coming here everyday".....then the advert ends with DIL squeezing her face.

As little as my brother was....the first thing he said after his first time of watching the advert was that he'll just dash the mama the whole bag.

7 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by morenike23: 10:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
My fiancee is ready for mirrage and we are alreaddy planin our introduction,but am afraid of tellin my dad cos he might not agree becos am still in sch 300L to be precise......
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2014
You may be wrong.he may not refuse to support you guys.

Is your partner gainfully employed? Enough to carry both of you along while you finish school,serve and start job-hunting,while taking care of any offspring that may arise in that period?

That is the important financial aspect you should look at before going into it.
Some people are both graduates yet can't support a family with their polled incomes.
Just tell him first. You can't know what he'll say unless you've told him

morenike23: My fiancee is ready for mirrage and we are alreaddy planin our introduction,but am afraid of tellin my dad cos he might not agree becos am still in sch 300L to be precise......
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 11:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
morenike23: My fiancee is ready for mirrage and we are alreaddy planin our introduction,but am afraid of tellin my dad cos he might not agree becos am still in sch 300L to be precise......

If you can cope with the stress, why not? Tell him first plus all that cococandy said. You can hold off on child bearing if you wish.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 11:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Beev nwanyi oma smiley
How na?
beeevan:

If you can cope with the stress, why not? Tell him first plus all that cococandy said. You can hold off on child bearing if you wish.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 11:31pm On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy: Beev nwanyi oma smiley
How na?

Nwa I full ground, i always forget to tell you that your in law is already walking, Very soon he will start sprouting beards to the delight of our oncoming princess grin.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 11:41pm On Aug 28, 2014
Aww. That's so sweet.
I can imagine him wobbling on those chubby stumps of his.
Must be a very cute sight to behold.

As usual give him these kiss kiss

I dey count am o. And I'll ask him when the time comes grin
Goodnight darl.

beeevan:

Nwa I full ground, i always forget to tell you that your in law is already walking, Very soon he will start sprouting beards to the delight of our oncoming princess grin.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
cococandy: Aww. That's so sweet.
I can imagine him wobbling on those chubby stumps of his.
Must be a very cute sight to behold.

As usual give him these kiss kiss

I dey count am o. And I'll ask him when the time comes grin
Goodnight darl.

He will get em, good night dear.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 1:19am On Aug 29, 2014

Tell him first. He may surprise you by not saying no, equally consider what cocoacandy and beeevan suggested. If your course of study is a 4yr course, it means you'll soon be done. So no big deal per se.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 29, 2014

sweetie, if there is nothing too URGENT, I don't think it's a bad idea to wait.
schooling + marriage (especially kids) is in no way fun, trust me......
I have friends and I don't envy them 1 cent lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 1:54am On Aug 29, 2014
alutacontinua:

sweetie, if there is nothing too URGENT, I don't think it's a bad idea to wait.
schooling + marriage (especially kids) is in no way fun, trust me......
I have friends and I don't envy them 1 cent lipsrsealed

She said she's only concerned about her father giving his consent, meaning she's ready to take the loooonnggggg walk.
However, I totally buy into your suggestion. I'd rather prefer she completes her edu and service year, probably get a job or while job-hunting she can settle down, by then she must have been mentally, emotionally, & maybe financially prepared for the task ahead.
My opinion though. She's in a better position to decide what she wants.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by morenike23: 3:40am On Aug 29, 2014
@cococandy yes he is working and earning well. I really aprecciate u all,I knw the stress is gonaa be much to get married while in sch,I just tink maybe we shuld just do the intro now cos he's disturbing and hav the wedding done after writing my final paper that's ending of nxt year.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by GboyegaD(m): 3:42am On Aug 29, 2014
snazzylove:

She said she's only concerned about her father giving his consent, meaning she's ready to take the loooonnggggg walk.
However, I totally buy into your suggestion. I'd rather prefer she completes her edu and service year, probably get a job or while job-hunting she can settle down, by then she must have been mentally, emotionally, & maybe financially prepared for the task ahead.
My opinion though. She's in a better position to decide what she wants.

That's a good idea but we need consider the husband's position too. If he has enough to sustain both of them and not willing to fornicate then they could go ahead and hold on child bearing till she's done with school.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2014
morenike23: @cococandy yes he is working and earning well. I really aprecciate u all,I knw the stress is gonaa be much to get married while in sch,I just tink maybe we shuld just do the intro now cos he's disturbing and hav the wedding done after writing my final paper that's ending of nxt year.

Maybe introduction and paying of dowry, then wed when you out if you feel you can't handle marriage in school.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 7:35am On Aug 29, 2014
Intro is not a bad idea.
It's a good way of showing commitment without the ties of marriage. YET

How long have you known each other?
Let me see if I can understand his hurry.
The truth is that most guys when they are ready to settle down,don't usually want to wait. If he's sure he's seen the woman he wants,he may not mind even doing everything under one month cheesy

Well if the dating period has been exhaustive,then give it a chance. Like beev said,put child bearing on hold for now but make sure he's part of the plan.

It may turn out to be fun for the most part afterall guys and girls co-habit in higher school and still manage to graduate.if you don't have kids to tie you down before project and nysc,it may just be like a cohabitaion but a beautiful legal one wink

morenike23: @cococandy yes he is working and earning well. I really aprecciate u all,I knw the stress is gonaa be much to get married while in sch,I just tink maybe we shuld just do the intro now cos he's disturbing and hav the wedding done after writing my final paper that's ending of nxt year.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 7:39am On Aug 29, 2014
They don't need to put away sex to stall child bearing. Is that what you're saying?
GboyegaD:

That's a good idea but we need consider the husband's position too. If he has enough to sustain both of them and not willing to fornicate then they could go ahead and hold on child bearing till she's done with school.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by mamateniola1: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2014
@all goodmorning,what's the essence of having introduction now n having the wedding a year after! All those you fear might happen out of wedlock -pregnancy etc will certainly happen because the sense of he is mine/she is mine will come in n if you are afraid of your father now that he may not support yu because yu are still in school,now imagine how heartbroken he will be if you come get belle along d line.I feel you should either go all d way for d wedding (discuss with yur father,he can even support it) or you wait till you are done in school. Being engaged in this part of the world has been abused!

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 9:11am On Aug 29, 2014
mamateniola1: Being engaged in this part of the world has been abused!

You are sooooo right cheesy
However, from her explanation I feel the guy is serious. Waiting till end of nxt year is largely due to her edu which is not a bad idea.
Nevetheless, @morenike23, answer d question cocoacandy asked. 'How long have you known/dated the guy? Let's see if its enough time for him to be in such a hurry.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by morenike23: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2014
Hav knw him for four years now...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by snazzylove: 11:09am On Aug 29, 2014
morenike23: Hav knw him for four years now...

Datz good. At least you guyz have dated long enough to come to this decision (marriage).
So if your daddy gives his consent, just go ahead and do ur intro, but for the wedding proper, hmmm... if you are in unison with him, you pple can still go ahead with it then hold on for child bearing. But how long he and his family will be willing to wait is what am not sure of, cos you know the mentality of our pple around here, once the owambe of marriage is over, they'll start looking forward to the owambe of a baby grin.
So discuss with him, am sure you guyz can sort that out.
Good luck!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by beeevan: 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
A child before graduation won't stop you from graduating, unless you have a low threshold for multitasking. People do it and still come out in flying colors, once your spouse is ready to be selfless.

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
@cutiemoi love who!??!!!!!MIL?we both knw dat aint possible(forget say i be christian)i remember when we just moved into our home she abused me saying belle i no get say na sakara i dey do for inside her son house and which rubbish house hubby build sef,fastforward am 8mths pregnant and getting ready for my wedding,pastor says no carry aso ebi/gele if i love myself not knowing MIL don carry ankara/lace/gele.when her son asked her she denied saying y wud she do such.i lost ny pregnancy 9days after my wedding o for midnight in my bedroom d baby just dropped bt i thank God am alive and pregnant again!as am typin am trying 2 rest bt noise no gree(still trying 2 figure out y one has to shout to make conversation)a poster asked if am sure she has 4 houses,lets cancel d one under construction or d one in lag(she may nt wnt 2 stay in lag)what about her husband house which is just 70naira away frm us?!!!!*yezudo's voice*I GIVE UPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by pickabeau1: 12:49pm On Aug 29, 2014
I wish you safe delivery

Emioga: @cutiemoi love who!??!!!!!MIL?we both knw dat aint possible(forget say i be christian)i remember when we just moved into our home she abused me saying belle i no get say na sakara i dey do for inside her son house and which rubbish house hubby build sef,fastforward am 8mths pregnant and getting ready for my wedding,pastor says no carry aso ebi/gele if i love myself not knowing MIL don carry ankara/lace/gele.when her son asked her she denied saying y wud she do such.i lost ny pregnancy 9days after my wedding o for midnight in my bedroom d baby just dropped bt i thank God am alive and pregnant again!as am typin am trying 2 rest bt noise no gree(still trying 2 figure out y one has to shout to make conversation)a poster asked if am sure she has 4 houses,lets cancel d one under construction or d one in lag(she may nt wnt 2 stay in lag)what about her husband house which is just 70naira away frm us?!!!!*yezudo's voice*I GIVE UPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by GboyegaD(m): 1:21pm On Aug 29, 2014
cococandy: They don't need to put away sex to stall child bearing. Is that what you're saying?

No. All I am saying is if the guy has the capacity to sustain a family and isn't interested in fornicating, it is best they get married and hold on child bearing. Ad couples they sure would have sex but with protection when she isn't in her safe period..
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by repogirl(f): 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2014
beeevan: A child before graduation won't stop you from graduating, unless you have a low threshold for multitasking. People do it and still come out in flying colors, once your spouse is ready to be selfless.
aabegg o, to be on the safe side, morenike23, pls let the guy wait for you to finish school, then get married or get married but hold off on kids cos it isn't fun and it won't be fair to you or your baby! Think of yourself first before any other person! Beevan, which one is low threshold for multitasking? These things should be planned properly to avoid undue stress on mother, her studies and the baby!
morenike23 pls iron these issues clearly with your fiance. As for your dad, u should let him know first, possibly through your mom? Let her break it to him first... He has to know before you spring your fiance and his relatives on him... Dnt worry too much, every good father wants his daughter married well, if I were him sha, I'd advice waiting till you are through with schooling .... Your fiance should be able to wait if he knows your worth to him and wants the best for you!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Emioga: 7:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
@beetle and other posters who suggested my family members moving in my MIL,when moving in with us said her pastor said no visitors shud be allowed 2 stay with us(i took d hint)bt dem family dey cum sleep ova sef and like u suggested i've ignored both completely.i dnt smile/laugh/have any conversation whatsoever and am either in my room or d kitchen(dnt allow them cook in my kitchen)#operation mind ur bizness#

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.