Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,329 members, 7,867,914 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:15 AM

Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! - Family (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (142177 Views)

This Is A Must Read For All, Especially married and Intending Couples / I Caught My Pastor-husband Naked, ‘counselling’ A Naked Church Member —wife / Fun- Bonding Activities For Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by eagleeye2: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2014
DIDIVA:

Am glad this is coming from you! So what do you do when you find yourself in this kind of situation as the wife Pls answer o!

Am married to a very wonderful & loving man...man of the people whose only weakness is his Mum. He rather prefers to avoid his mother when he gets tired of her persistent disturbances, switch off his phone & avoid her calls and when she calls through my own line, he asks me to tell her he's not around, instead of looking her in the face and trying to curb her excesses.
So what do you expect the wife to do Pls answer!

But meanwhile I need the answers I asked for & the solutions madampinkolo requested for as well.
#PEACE#

@ madampinkolo, I dey feel your pecking order gan. Chop knuckles!!! Its extremely difficult to love unlovely people. All you need do is face front o jari.
DIDIVA,
I don't have all the answers. But one thing any guy will tell you is that, it's best you let him handle his family if some kind of frictions come up in his marriage. Whether he will handle it to your satisfaction is another story entirely.
I for one, I hate anything that disturbs my Peace of Mind. So, I chose early to do the confrontation of a thing spell out things the way I want it.
Now, there is a problem with Madampinkolo's "face front of thing". The problem is, what happens if (God forbid it) the woman finds herself in real need of her in-laws help?
Assuming she gets into a very big fight with DH, and her home is being threatened by the very one who is meant to protect it. Who does she run to? who is in a better position to call DH to order of not the same family that she has been facing front?
or assuming DH dies early, but she already has kids from him. who will she be looking up to, to assist? yeah the answer will be her family right....well, I have seen situations where the man's family come to take everything their son has acquired after an early death.
I still suggest that in 'facing front', you shouldn't be so obvious. Because the man's family, still wields a considerable influence at least here in Africa and indeed Nigeria.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2014
eagleeye2:

DIDIVA,
I don't have all the answers. But one thing any guy will tell you is that, it's best you let him handle his family if some kind of frictions come up in his marriage. Whether he will handle it to your satisfaction is another story entirely.
I for one, I hate anything that disturbs my Peace of Mind. So, I chose early to do the confrontation of a thing spell out things the way I want it.
Now, there is a problem with Madampinkolo's "face front of thing". The problem is, what happens if (God forbid it) the woman finds herself in real need of her in-laws help?
Assuming she gets into a very big fight with DH, and her home is being threatened by the very one who is meant to protect it. Who does she run to? who is in a better position to call DH to order of not the same family that she has been facing front?
or assuming DH dies early, but she already has kids from him. who will she be looking up to, to assist? yeah the answer will be her family right....well, I have seen situations where the man's family come to take everything their son has acquired after an early death.
I still suggest that in 'facing front', you shouldn't be so obvious. Because the man's family, still wields a considerable influence at least here in Africa and indeed Nigeria.

What do you think facing front is
When i face front,it means im polite to you,i mind my bizniz,i avoid unecessary discussions or interaction with you,i do my possible best for you BUt will not go the extra mile.I'm facing my family,the people that think the sun shines from my a ss,the people I'm not afraid to be myself with.That's facing FRONT.No more shining teeth like an imbe cile,no more trying to be accepted by contorting my real self or accepting all manner of crap just to let 'peace ' reign.There is a time to ignore and there is a time to speak..O yes member is the name of the game.

Now,you need to understand you are talking to educated women,professionals, women who work and can pull in an income,women who are smart enough to make sure any property /asset is in both spouses names or the names of their children..Women who are the next of kin.

If i have a problem in my marriage,I go for professional counselling.I'd rather my problems are fixed by an unbiased party.And to buttress this,in year 1 of marriage,DH did something to me and I told my MIL,she pushed all blame to me and told me my DH is a baby.Needless to say,till date I have learnt to settle everything with my DH.We talk it out and move on!!

If anything happens to DH,I know i have a solid family to fall back on.I have people who love me and have my back.I have a job.Is it the inlaws who have never given my child a pin since she was born that i'll be expecting to assist me??I laugh in Swahili cheesy cheesy. Is it SIL that have never called me on my birthday? My BILs and SILs are successful except one,richer than me at the moment sef but i carry myself with dignity and i'm working hard.I do NOT expect jack from them while DH is alive,why would i expect anything if perhaps he's not there?

Brother eagleeye,you don't have a solution for the questions posed to you because you've not been able to answer.You keep saying DH should handle.We have asked you so what happens when DH will not handle? WHAT SHOULD THE WOMAN DO?

It's this 'man's family wields a lot of power' that caused me to always be nice,ignore sh it pushed my way,killing myself to accommodate a bunch of people who don't care about me.It's that crap that caused me to place them above my needs and my own family.Doing whatever they wanted.My salvation came when i put up a bit of resistance and then their true colours came out.I realised i am someone's child abeg..i have excellent parents,aunties,siblings,grandparents who will listen to me rant,who laugh and cry with me.Those are people who deseerve my undiluted attention.
Yes,i still pretend to give a sh it about them to my DH after all they are his family but he knowsss..I still chat on the phone nicely when they call,I still host them in my home & make them feel good,but they know i will NEVER again voice my opinion on things that concern them or do anything that would give me a shred of stress to please them.I don't inconvenience myself anymore,i don't waste my time making calls and trying to bond with those that are not invested in my welfare.

FACE FRONT o jare wink..

DIDIVA and mamaTeniola,
I shall be back,i'm taking baby to Santa's grotto.

8 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 17, 2014
@ eagleeye2 the truth is, like you no one person have all the answers as a lot of factors can be involued. The reason one should not hold certain opinions too strongly. In regard to your questions, the fact is the kind of inlaws painted above wont offer any tangible help in such trouble times. The leopard cant just change its spot. So such a woman should prepare herself on how to survive without them should such a situation occur as the inlaws have proven beyound doubts that they are no support to lean on. Yes care should be taken, but the 'face front' stand should be obvious for all to see and know their boundaries else those inlaws wont know your yea or no and the wives might not be able to assert their positions some of such times. The fear of what might happen tommorrow may make one not to enjoy today and a lot of preventable shyte can happen between today and that tommorrow that might not come. Funny enough some of the victim Dil today will become tommorrow's monster-in-law. I dont think it has to do with bad marriage circle and the likes. A lady who can not accomodate or tolerate with love another lady outside her family circle will easily make a bad Mil. I began with some opinions should not be held strongly, some Dil here who want to make a good Mil tommorrow may become bad Mil if they end up with a very bad Dil (tommorrow is packed with uncertainties). Not too long ago on this thread a lady was chastize for her good motive gone sour cos she and her family already prepared 'too' strongly to love their Sil to be only to feel disappointed when Sil did not accept the love way they anticipated (making Sil bad). Time would have made her and the Sil to be understand each other on how they give and take love, things respectively as their backgrounds differ. My point is she had good motives which she didnt even know when it started turning bad cos she held too strongly her opinion on how give and take love should be. This latter part of my post is looking at the issue from another angle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
Madampinkolo calm down, eagleeye2 started by saying he does not have all the answers. He is looking at it from his experience and standpoint. From 'yous' stories he will understand that there are other scenerios, even you would have dared to see it differently if you had it smooth or settled with inlaws. No? ask aisha.. Seriously i commend him, chris et al most guys would not have looked twice on sighting Mil and Dil fable. It shows they are interested in family and will make great hubby/dad. To digress a bit, you know men and women sees things differently but the one who wants to be wise and balanced should sometimes see through the eyes of the other sex as there are plenty to see. I have noticed that men tend to judge things from solely their experience and lifestyle that is why it is difficult to convince a man who provide for his family that there is another who wont provide. He would argue and postulate reasons why it is not possible or defend the man. Dont look too far you will see examples on nl. This is where women have edge and are saving their listening hubby from bad deal, situations, people and friends especially cos a man who cant harm a friend will just not believe the friend can do so.

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
Brother Floodgater,
Thank you sahhh. kiss
I no De vex for Bros eagleeye oo.Pardon me eagleeye if it sounds that way.
I will be back soon..
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by sunnshyn(f): 2:34pm On Dec 17, 2014
I don read tire my eye dey comot water!!

Chai! Chai! Chai!!!

It is well...
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
@Floodgater,
I agree about the men and their opinion..
I'd rather face front than be a bad MIL or SIL.
It's important to learn not to butt into people's affairs unless your opinion is invited or sought after.I have learnt that very very well.
The best solution is to be neutral whether you are a MIL,FIL, SIL,DIL,BIL.It's better than constantly being a source of agony to another person's child.
Another thing I agree with is that having a bad MIL predisposes someone to also be a bad MIL.I don't know why that happens.Therefore,it's important for a person to be conscious of their behavior towards others and make the extra effort to avoid issues.The fact that a person is younger than you doesn't mean you shouldn't apologize when you are wrong.You can be upset then say sorry and explain why you were.

Best to always do things in such a way that no one can point hands and blame you and that's why i do my minimal best..On celebratory occassions,i buy gifts.Now,my nature is to buy gifts for people for no reason..I pop into a shop and maybe think ahh madampinkolo MIL will like this ooo,or SIL kid may need this oya buy am!This is despite them not being particularly nice to me.
What of message sending?? Hispinkolo help me pay this,help me do that..and i'd be doing like mumu cos i was believing I was one of the family.I now understand that my own show of love may not speak to them as from their action,love is when you allow yourself to be controlled.Love is making decisions for you without your input..Love is not shouting screaming with me when i pass a test but screeching like winches when hubby passes his own.

I see myself as a reasonable,even nice person but errrrrrr i had to help myself before my Sisters IL grind me into powder.
If i had fantastic inlaws im pretty sure it would be difficult to imagine all i type and my advise would probably be different.Call them,talk to them,sit down with them,heart to heart.Love them like your own,pray and fast,ignore etc
It takes someone who is living the situation to fully understand.

Remember all this played out this year so my pain is still fresh.For 3 years,i'd been ignoring them..chalking up everything to human flaws,closing my eyes to MIL insatiety.Going above and over what was expected of me,forgetting my own family,all to be good DIL.

I regret putting my parents and siblings on a backburner because I was over invested in building up a relationship with inlaws.I regret it.At a point,I even entertained the notion that i loved my MIL more than my own mother(kai!!).I know of stories where DIL and MIL are 5&6.That's what i wanted and that's what i was pursuing,when she stabbed me in the back,the pain was unbearable.Just cos i refused something she and her daughters wanted,she cursed me well well and then used her fake tears.I was like shocked..

Na that day i find my mama & papa.They understood me,they were a rock for me,they held me up& they did all this without casting blame on Dh or saying a bad word about him.Now,that's the brand of parenting I aspire to.I know that nothing on this planet can replace my family.I am holding tight to them. Those are people who have proved beyond reasonable doubt that I am loved!!

Because of the way i was brought up,I don't expect my child to be submitting her/his salary to me.I wll instead encourage to invest in his/her future.I am not afraid to be confronted when i'm wrong..I'm not afraid to acknowledge my mistakes.It took this issue with my inlaws to make a decision never to be a monster in law.

I will point out that my inlaws are not bad people..they can be nice in their own way.We are just not wel suited to each other but for Dh sake,I try to make at least minimal effort. grin and then mind my bizniz.

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by CoCoLav(f): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2014
Madampinkolo:

What do you think facing front is
When i face front,it means im polite to you,i mind my bizniz,i avoid unecessary discussions or interaction with you,i do my possible best for you BUt will not go the extra mile.I'm facing my family,the people that think the sun shines from my a ss,the people I'm not afraid to be myself with.That's facing FRONT.No more shining teeth like an imbe cile,no more trying to be accepted by contorting my real self or accepting all manner of crap just to let 'peace ' reign.There is a time to ignore and there is a time to speak..O yes member is the name of the game.

Now,you need to understand you are talking to educated women,professionals, women who work and can pull in an income,women who are smart enough to make sure any property /asset is in both spouses names or the names of their children..Women who are the next of kin.

If i have a problem in my marriage,I go for professional counselling.I'd rather my problems are fixed by an unbiased party.And to buttress this,in year 1 of marriage,DH did something to me and I told my MIL,she pushed all blame to me and told me my DH is a baby.Needless to say,till date I have learnt to settle everything with my DH.We talk it out and move on!!

If anything happens to DH,I know i have a solid family to fall back on.I have people who love me and have my back.I have a job.Is it the inlaws who have never given my child a pin since she was born that i'll be expecting to assist me??I laugh in Swahili cheesy cheesy. Is it SIL that have never called me on my birthday? My BILs and SILs are successful except one,richer than me at the moment sef but i carry myself with dignity and i'm working hard.I do NOT expect jack from them while DH is alive,why would i expect anything if perhaps he's not there?

Brother eagleeye,you don't have a solution for the questions posed to you because you've not been able to answer.You keep saying DH should handle.We have asked you so what happens when DH will not handle? WHAT SHOULD THE WOMAN DO?

It's this 'man's family wields a lot of power' that caused me to always be nice,ignore sh it pushed my way,killing myself to accommodate a bunch of people who don't care about me.It's that crap that caused me to place them above my needs and my own family.Doing whatever they wanted.My salvation came when i put up a bit of resistance and then their true colours came out.I realised i am someone's child abeg..i have excellent parents,aunties,siblings,grandparents who will listen to me rant,who laugh and cry with me.Those are people who deseerve my undiluted attention.
Yes,i still pretend to give a sh it about them to my DH after all they are his family but he knowsss..I still chat on the phone nicely when they call,I still host them in my home & make them feel good,but they know i will NEVER again voice my opinion on things that concern them or do anything that would give me a shred of stress to please them.I don't inconvenience myself anymore,i don't waste my time making calls and trying to bond with those that are not invested in my welfare.

FACE FRONT o jare wink..

DIDIVA and mamaTeniola,
I shall be back,i'm taking baby to Santa's grotto.

You are the reason why I'm following this thread bumper to bumper. smiley grin

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Rosarie(f): 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2014
Madampinkolo:
[/b]

This part touched my medulla oblangata!! You are soooo on point.
My DH loves my parents,they have been fantastic to him..My father calls and advises on finances and investment.My mother,aunties,grandparents,siblings speak with him always to wish him well and encourage him.Pray for him 24 hours,treat him like a king. If I was treated like this would i have ever come on here to sing like parrot? grin

hahahahhaahahahahaa mama u re so funny.God will c us tru oo
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Rosarie(f): 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Madampinkolo:
^^^
I understand you perfectly my Bros,I agree that it is better for the man to handle..
BUT issues here when the man has refused to handle nko?
Confrontation sounds like fight..what I mean is like clearly stating i don't want this or I won't do this.Some spouses have issues with these.
Point is some men cannot say not to mommy and would rather their wives are displeased.
All the woman can do is FACE FRONT and switch off.Or subtly send your message across.
That's what has been advised severally on this page.

Truth is that family is family..I thought that with marriage,i'd still be allowed to be myself,even when i'm angry cos i'm one of them naa.I was disabused of that notion this year.And you have clearly stated that your wifey cannot even display as well cos she'll be on her own.Yet you go wan be my mama& sister when u wan collect things from me cheesy cheesy.Since I cannot be myself,why would I be expected to be all loving and kind? Best to set everyone at arms length,and to start it early to keep a respectful distance except they've shown to truly love and accept you the way you are.

So in pecking order
1. Hubby and Child
2. My family
3. People i love
4.His family

I cannot give love to people who don't show love to me abeggg.No time.
hahahhahahahahaha
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by imurboss: 10:55am On Dec 18, 2014
@madampinkolo, I can feel you on this one grin. When your in laws have shown you their attitude at the initial stage nobody will tell you whether to run to them or run to God in the case of any eventuality, you will know surely that there's no one to run to but God.

Dem no dey tell lame man say market don scatter jare grin
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by nwababy: 12:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
Floodgater:
@ eagleeye2 the truth is, like you no one person have all the answers as a lot of factors can be involued. The reason one should not hold certain opinions too strongly. In regard to your questions, the fact is the kind of inlaws painted above wont offer any tangible help in such trouble times. The leopard cant just change its spot. So such a woman should prepare herself on how to survive without them should such a situation occur as the inlaws have proven beyound doubts that they are no support to lean on. Yes care should be taken, but the 'face front' stand should be obvious for all to see and know their boundaries else those inlaws wont know your yea or no and the wives might not be able to assert their positions some of such times. The fear of what might happen tommorrow may make one not to enjoy today and a lot of preventable shyte can happen between today and that tommorrow that might not come. Funny enough some of the victim Dil today will become tommorrow's monster-in-law. I dont think it has to do with bad marriage circle and the likes. A lady who can not accomodate or tolerate with love another lady outside her family circle will easily make a bad Mil. I began with some opinions should not be held strongly, some Dil here who want to make a good Mil tommorrow may become bad Mil if they end up with a very bad Dil (tommorrow is packed with uncertainties). Not too long ago on this thread a lady was chastize for her good motive gone sour cos she and her family already prepared 'too' strongly to love their Sil to be only to feel disappointed when Sil did not accept the love way they anticipated (making Sil bad). Time would have made her and the Sil to be understand each other on how they give and take love, things respectively as their backgrounds differ. My point is she had good motives which she didnt even know when it started turning bad cos she held too strongly her opinion on how give and take love should be. This latter part of my post is looking at the issue from another angle.
. I love you post. So unbiased.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by RoyalRoy(m): 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hmmmm.... Why is it only women who complain about their In-laws?

Rarely do we hear men going on and on calling their in laws all sort of names.

Can we conclude women are a bit more emotional to issues than men?

Or can we say men generally just get along easily with "other people" than women?

Or maybe women have all just concluded their in laws will be from "devilsville" even before they meet?

I do not just understand this issue.

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Rarely for we see men going on and on calling their in laws all sort of names.

Or can we say men generally just get along with "other people" than women?

Men have less contact with their inlaws, the women left their family to join the men's and not the other way round, women are the ones fighting integration issues. Most women fight anyone that dares berate their husbands including her relatives while most men will fight their wives over theirs . You can't compare what the typical Naija inlaws expect from a DIL with what is expected of a Sil. I have no complaint about my inlaws but i sure do know that most do. I notice that where most of the inlaws are ladies, its usually more messed up.

A man once opened a thread here about ungrateful inlaws, most men prefer to die in silence. Some DIL are terrible too, soo....There is no doubt that men get along better with people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by RoyalRoy(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2014
byvan:

Men have less contact with their inlaws, the women left their family to join the men's and not the other way round, women are the ones fighting integration issues. Most women fight anyone that dares berate their husbands including her relatives while most men will fight their wives over theirs . You can't compare what the typical Naija inlaws expect from a DIL with what is expected of a Sil. I have no complaint about my inlaws but i sure do know that most do. I notice that where most of the inlaws are ladies, its usually more messed up.

A man once opened a thread here about ungrateful inlaws, most men prefer to die in silence. Some DIL are terrible too, soo....There is no doubt that men get along better with people.

You do have a point Byvan. Guess most men interact less with their in laws unlike women. And the expectations of a woman from her in laws is higher than the man.

Hmmm.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
-----
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2014
RoyalRoy:

You do have a point Byvan. Guess most men interact less with their in laws unlike women. And the expectations of a woman from her in laws is higher than the man.

Hmmm.

Gbam!
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bukatyne(f): 2:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Hmmm.

Besides, woman joins the hubby 's family here.

Inlaws from hubby's side have terrible a sense of entitlement and expects wife to conform

3 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by RoyalRoy(m): 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
bukatyne:

Besides, woman joins the hubby 's family here.

Inlaws from hubby's side have terrible a sense of entitlement and expects wife to conform

.......Learning......

But can we say the In-laws who are educated and knowledgeable are also guilty of these myopic expectations?

Is it a general thing or just for the "not too exposed" in-laws?
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
RoyalRoy:

.......Learning......

But can we say the In-laws who are educated and knowledgeable are also guilty of these myopic expectations?

Is it a general thing or just for the "not too exposed" in-laws?

It is general however depends on individuals so an unexposed person might be a way better in-law than the exposed ones

Some who are genuine Christians are also good in-laws

I would also say that it depends on How the husband treat and regard his wife in front of his family. If a husband goes my wife is this, that, she cannot do nada in front of them, the wife is in for it. If the hubby tells them immediately that he will not tolerate disrespect to his wife, they will sit tight

Just see it as the 'work of the devil' that a husband or wife must cure the in-law s from
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by eagleeye2: 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
bukatyne:

I would also say that it depends on How the husband treat and regard his wife in front of his family. If a goes my wife is this, that, she cannot do nada in front of them, the wife is in for it. If the hubby tells them immediately that he will not tolerate disrespect to his wife, they will sit tight

this was what I was trying to point out.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by bukatyne(f): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
eagleeye2:

this was what I was trying to point out.

Pay quotation fees o angry

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
On the other hand, some wives mothers are pepper and the man is turned into a gbewudani . . .Damiso oya o come and translate

Especially when the guy marrys into a richer family (did I say that right) . . . . .I mean when fisherman son marrys senators daughter . . .

Or the wifes daddy got a job and bought a car for SIL . . .
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2014
sometimes there is also a history involved

If the son was going out with his mums friends daughter and they all like her, and know her for years and were expecting wedding bells, but suddenly son came home one day and said its no longer Mary but Kate
Kate already has her work cut out. It may take her years to get rid of the resentment against her.
Thats why its always good to find out the real koko before putting neck in.
Some families are just impermeable.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Or can we say men generally just get along easily with "other people" than women?
Or maybe women have all just concluded their in laws will be from "devilsville" even before they meet?
The beauty of marriage eh, if you say they are being emotional you don cause wahala be that o! Cos they will tell you emotionally how it is very painful that they greeted and the tone of voice that was used to answer was not good enough. Beef don follow be that LOL.

Quick One:
Man living under same roof with womans family: The bobo go dey baff comot house everyday, him fit no even send how things dey happen as long as madam never quarrel with her people peace dey for house.
Woman living with mans family under same roof: Everyday na wahala, your people looked at me like this. Your sister ate and did not wash plate, your sister put her hand in my pot......the man go settle issue belleful.

The moral of the story: As long as madam no like wetin dey happen, she no like am. No amount of explaining will change it.

1 Like

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by damiso(f): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
chaircover:
On the other hand, some wives mothers are pepper and the man is turned into a gbewudani . . .Damiso oya o come and translate

Especially when the guy marrys into a richer family (did I say that right) . . . . .I mean when fisherman son marrys senators daughter . . .

Or the wifes daddy got a job and bought a car for SIL . . .

Before Alutacontinua and naijababe abuse me
again angry. ..
yoruba is not a very literal language joor everything has an inferred meaning.

Ok let me try smiley literal meaning of gbewudani is pls hold my clothes for me but the inferred meaning is a (what is the preferred NL word again) ehen womanliness *rolls eyes* whipped brother grin cheesy.Man who is more or less now an errand boy.
Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
damiso:

Before Alutacontinua and naijababe abuse me
again angry. ..
yoruba is not a very literal language joor everything has an inferred meaning.

Ok let me try smiley literal meaning of gbewudani is pls hold my clothes for me but the inferred meaning is a (what is the preferred NL word again) ehen womanliness *rolls eyes* whipped brother grin cheesy.Man who is more or less now an errand boy.

Gbewudani = man who wears the skirt in the house grin

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by cococandy(f): 1:43am On Dec 19, 2014
Men don't leave their families to join their wives families,change names and be expected to please every member of the wife's family.
Marriage especially in Africa is very different for women than it is for men.
The woman is expected to put up with attitude from in-laws and you find husband's brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers and aunts and uncles etc etc always on the look out for what the wife is doing wrong so that she can be labeled a bad wife.
The wife's family will hardly be holding their son in law to standards of their own making neither will you find the wife's siblings trying to bend the man to their will because he married their sister.

That's the reality of African marriage for most women. Except the ones who are lucky to get nice and not too culturally biased in laws
RoyalRoy:

4 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by damiso(f): 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2014
naijababe:

Gbewudani = man who wears the skirt in the house grin

As from today CC Naijababe is the new translator. grin

2 Likes

Re: Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
nwababy:
. I love you post. So unbiased.
Sorry its coming late, thanks!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (67) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Sleeping With Another Man; Takes A Selfie With Them (Pix) / Son-in-law Impregnates Mother-in-law Who Came To Take Care Of Newborn Baby (pics / Married Woman Kissing Her Secret Lover Gets Stuck To His Lips(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.