Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,127 members, 7,821,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? (26446 Views)

When You Meet Your Bae Family & See Her Younger Sister Is The Most Beautiful One / My Boyfriend's Sister Is Weird. / I Am Jealous Of My Girlfriend.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by kokoA(m): 6:24am On Jul 18, 2014
krall: Advise is that you find new boyfriend that don't have sister.
Agreed! grin OP I don't have sisters o and I am very handsome to. pm me naw, let me advise you more.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by McWhillion(m): 8:38am On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB:
I didn't say MONTHS, I said close to one month and thay was due to ASUU strike, I guess he like the place due to the fun and everything else
I swear your bf is a player. How can he stay as long as a month with his sister without he showing at least that he has your time .............

From the way you sound, its obvious you don't know all about his lifestyle and you don't know his family that much. And it's also quite obvious that he's been feeding you with a lot of sweet nonsense, you're one of those girls that get carried away by sweet talks,charms and charisma that you don't even realise when one is hiding something from you. If you're the only person in his life and he cares that much for you, he would let you know all about his lifestyle while at his sisters.
And you say he has ample chance of being with a lot of girls over there, and he is going to be a "popular" artist in 2years.
Better wake up..
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Isiterere(m): 8:59am On Jul 18, 2014
my assumption is this :
1. The gal is not his sister .
2. Spending close to a month with a sister is fishy.
3. He's an upcoming artist, you need a lecture from Anny Macaulay(miss Idibia/miss 2faze). She's an expert in that regard.
4. Tell him you want to follow him and hear his reactions.
5. Let him know your worry and tell him to stop spending close to a month with a sister/gf .
6. OlamIB face your education/work.
ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by BukkyDan(f): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2014
Nlanders won't kee me with laff o, see comments! cheesy

@OP, I don't wanna imagine things o...but just one action will clear your doubts.

Simply tell him you wanna go with him to his sister's birthday, start making preparations sef! Be like..."what kinda gift should WE get for her?" "what kinda clothes should we put on? Should we put on same outfits?" "Oh...I just can't wait to party with your sis, what are the things your sister likes?"
e.t.c

dearie...his reaction will give you the answers you need. Just make sure you take note of his facial expressions, his body language, his voice(is it faint with surprise or normal)...just everything.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Etruth: 10:42am On Jul 18, 2014
@ OP, do u trust ur man? Such 'trust' issues and 'suspicious' movements are bound to happen when the foundation of the relationship is not right. Whether or not he is actually visiting his sister now, such issues will eventually come up later in ur relationship/marriage. Help ur future by building ur future on virtues e.g chastity, faithfulness, holiness, self-control. Not on concuspiscence, emotions, fleshly gratification, n fantasies. BTW: have u put to bed now? Hop u dint abort d baby? LAST BULLET: your present circumstances, is just the baggage that comes with 'YOUR KIND' of relationship. #All the best#
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by heatmeup(f): 10:50am On Jul 18, 2014
try to get close to this his sister
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2014
Etruth: @ OP, do u trust ur man? Such 'trust' issues and 'suspicious' movements are bound to happen when the foundation of the relationship is not right. Whether or not he is actually visiting his sister now, such issues will eventually come up later in ur relationship/marriage. Help ur future by building ur future on virtues e.g chastity, faithfulness, holiness, self-control. Not on concuspiscence, emotions, fleshly gratification, n fantasies. BTW: have u put to bed now? Hop u dint abort d baby? LAST BULLET: your present circumstances, is just the baggage that comes with 'YOUR KIND' of relationship. #All the best#
I dnt know their kind of relationship in that family, maybe because she is the only girl? One of his brother has been with her for close to 3months. I am convinced she is their sister, she bears their surname.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 18, 2014
heatmeup: try to get close to this his sister
I will, very soon.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by heatmeup(f): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB:
I will, very soon.
and make sure you do your research well to be sure if she is truly his sister n:b do this codedly like my little bro will say else if you are caught the story will be changed
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2014
BukkyDan: Nlanders won't kee me with laff o, see comments! cheesy

@OP, I don't wanna imagine things o...but just one action will clear your doubts.

Simply tell him you wanna go with him to his sister's birthday, start making preparations sef! Be like..."what kinda gift should WE get for her?" "what kinda clothes should we put on? Should we put on same outfits?" "Oh...I just can't wait to party with your sis, what are the things your sister likes?"
e.t.c

dearie...his reaction will give you the answers you need. Just make sure you take note of his facial expressions, his body language, his voice(is it faint with surprise or normal)...just everything.

Goodluck
He sincerely doesn't mind me following him to the place
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Yinkatolu: 12:54pm On Jul 18, 2014
Edet goes to Calabar so ur boyfriend grin
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by BukkyDan(f): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB:
He sincerely doesn't mind me following him to the place
hmmm...maybe we should stop imagining things...
For him not to mind indicates she's his sister as in, no strings attached.

Maybe you should try to tell him about; how his closeness with his sister is affecting you, in a loving tone o.
And also, try to fix yourself into the circle. Get to know his sister more, follow them...have fun...you know.
Goodluck sis.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Etruth: 1:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB:
I dnt know their kind of relationship in that family, maybe because she is the only girl? One of his brother has been with her for close to 3months. I am convinced she is their sister, she bears their surname.
Ok. You would do well to always pray for him n ur future together. When u can't see him, the Almighty will guide him aright. All d best.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB,have u put to Bed?
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Dygeasy(m): 2:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
lrguru: OP, there's nothin wrong if he goes to his sisters place in calabar and stays for a month, cos my female cousins do come over to my place and stay longer during the semester break and I see nothin wrong there. They just love coming over cos of the lively environment n how nicely I treat them. Ur BF might just love travellin to Calabar, n the only place he likes stayin is his sisters house. And BTW u said he only stayed there close to a month, n it was courtesy of the ASUU strike. If my GF is like u, thinkin I have somethin to do with my sister, I would have booted her out of my life for conceiving such thoughts. U really need help, n pls grow up
This the OP's BF. gringringrin
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by nikkypearl(f): 2:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
@op..do u know I look like my boyfriend? grin
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by femmefatale: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
lrguru: OP, there's nothin wrong if he goes to his sisters place in calabar and stays for a month, cos my female cousins do come over to my place and stay longer during the semester break and I see nothin wrong there. They just love coming over cos of the lively environment n how nicely I treat them. Ur BF might just love travellin to Calabar, n the only place he likes stayin is his sisters house. And BTW u said he only stayed there close to a month, n it was courtesy of the ASUU strike. If my GF is like u, thinkin I have somethin to do with my sister, I would have booted her out of my life for conceiving such thoughts. U really need help, n pls grow up
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Missmossy(f): 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hmmmmm something seems amiss. Its best you do proper research asap,their relationship sounds strange IMO.

1 Like

Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by femmefatale: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
she neva said dre was anythn btw them, I think 1 of her fears is, her bf might get entangled wit one of his sister's friends or sth.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
nikkypearl: @op..do u know I look like my boyfriend? grin
Lol
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bunsky: OlamiB,have u put to Bed?
Soon. Tnk u
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by McWhillion(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB:
Soon. Tnk u
Better be wise and wake up, take useful advice and be smart. I went through some of your threads and I have to say you're dealing with the wrong guy, my opinion still stands that your boyfriend is not having only you in his life.

You're one of those girls that want to change a man because you claim you're in love. I don't claim to know too much, but i know a bad guy when I hear you talk about him. I also know you're a good and somehow innocent girl. He is a sharp guy obviously and is manipulating you because you're not as sharp. You're the case of sharp guy jam innocent girl.

Obviously you've gone through a lot to keep him. He is the elusive type that doesn't want to make commitments. He is also a sweet talker and thus you're easily convinced by his talks. I guess he's your first bf or the first to make a lasting impression on you.

My advice, leave him sharpally before it's too late.Don't hate the truth because it's bitter.
Don't stay in a relationship because you "think" everything will be well.

If you want to know how committed he is to you, ask him to find a day that both of you will visit your parent. His reaction will say it all.

You can hate me for been too direct in my talks but I'm only saying what I perceive to be the truth.
You either take it or leave it.
Enjoy.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Angeldemivida: 5:31pm On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB: Dunno where or how to start, but I feel sad nd unhappy anytime my boyfriend is with his sister, she is the only girl and she is based in calabar, he travles there once in a while to visit her and each time he spends close to one month which is annoying to me, I dnt know why but it get me really angry tho I dnt show it.
He doesn't always have my time anytime he is with his sister, its either she takes him to swim or they both go for dinner party, she is the type that harbor many ladies so my BF will be practically the only guy in the room with the girls! It drives me nut!
I for once thought she is actually his gf until I saw her late last year during her last visit and to say the truth, she looks pretty well like their last born and she is also the first born too. Is this jealousy normal? Cos I feel the same thing each time he uses her pics as his DP, I wonder why he won't use mine but his sister's own not until I realize that my younger brother has also been using my own pics has his DP for a long time now, does this mean that guys love their sisters very much?
Her birthday is in a week's time and he is already plannig on how to be there for the party, I have been sad since because he will go there to be among girls, I want him only for myself, maybe am feeling insecure. He as been busy with his final year project so no time for me lately cos we dnt school in same place. My sweetheart is a handsome guy, an upcoming music artist that will become popular in less than 2years, I wonder if this is how I will feel by the time he starts going for shows and everything. Pls help

Yeah, if you don't let up a little bit. You are going to be a mess soon or even when he becomes a star or something.
Don't be too possessive. Relax he is only your boyfriend and can even choose to be with another woman that is not you tomorrow. What happens then? Will you kill yourself? Open your eyes to reality, try and make yourself happy on your own. Don't depend on him to make you happy. Don't be doing the boyfriend friendship thing in a "do or die" fashion. How can you be jealous of the love between him and his sister? If you don't let up now, that kind of jealous feeling may push you into causing harms to others. Keep a check on yourself, control yourself. Feel relaxed, enjoy your young life jor. Do things that make you happy and you won't be thinking such crazy thoughts.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
McWhillion:
Better be wise and wake up, take useful advice and be smart. I went through some of your threads and I have to say you're dealing with the wrong guy, my opinion still stands that your boyfriend is not having only you in his life.

You're one of those girls that want to change a man because you claim you're in love. I don't claim to know too much, but i know a bad guy when I hear you talk about him. I also know you're a good and somehow innocent girl. He is a sharp guy obviously and is manipulating you because you're not as sharp. You're the case of sharp guy jam innocent girl.

Obviously you've gone through a lot to keep him. He is the elusive type that doesn't want to make commitments. He is also a sweet talker and thus you're easily convinced by his talks. I guess he's your first bf or the first to make a lasting impression on you.

My advice, leave him sharpally before it's too late.Don't hate the truth because it's bitter.
Don't stay in a relationship because you "think" everything will be well.

If you want to know how committed he is to you, ask him to find a day that both of you will visit your parent. His reaction will say it all.

You can hate me for been too direct in my talks but I'm only saying what I perceive to be the truth.
You either take it or leave it.
Enjoy.
We both know each other's parents and we visit each other's house at will, its only his closeness with his sister that is bothering me, moreso his sister allows many girls to live with her.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by McWhillion(m): 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
OlamiB:
We both know each other's parents and we visit each other's house at will, its only his closeness with his sister that is bothering me, moreso his sister allows many girls to live with her.
Alright, it's a good sign he's now showing commitment, otherwise you're done for. It's imperative that you sit him down and lay your fears before him.
And you've to get very close to his sister, she seems the only person that can keep tabs on him. If you were very close to her in the first place, you wouldn't have to be jealous.
Enjoy.
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2014
femmefatale: she neva said dre was anythn btw them, I think 1 of her fears is, her bf might get entangled wit one of his sister's friends or sth.
if she's feelin so insecure, let her travel with him to calabar
Re: I Am Jealous Of My Boyfriend's Sister, Is It Normal? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 18, 2014
Dygeasy: This the OP's BF. gringringrin
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Before You Lose Your Dream Man (must Read) / Prostitutes And Their Clients : Who Is To Blame ? / Where Did You Meet Your Current Lover, Husband Or Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.