Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,106 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC (9396 Views)

Babcock’s Best Graduating Student Has Never Kissed A Man / Governor's Brother Is State University VC: Only In Nigeria / Which Is Better? Covenant University Or Babcock University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by oyecuteez(m): 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2014
kestolove95: Simply put...wear hijab simple,even virgin mary rock hijab.....very soon u will sae jesus is God same people will sae. His d son of God..christain lacks the knowledge of bibble..even muslim practice xtainity More dan xtain dem selfs#gbam
. Brainwashed fellow! Dressing is part of people's culture and environmentally induced . You don't have to put on hijab before your are considered well-dressed. # I guess u dnt knw dt d hijab was a veil to protect against dust and wind in d desert. So make me def go sow hijab in ds hot and humid environment so dt I call bcom a masquerade.
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Generalkorex(m): 5:02pm On Jul 18, 2014
we don hear
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by sCross: 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Freaking lie. BU staff eat fish and some even eat meat; they just eat in moderation.

Truth is the founder of the university, John Babcock (not sure of his name) was a vegetarian and the idea is to honor him. School also gets funded by 7th day and they won't fund if they don't play accordingly.

Vegetarian diet is far cheaper than a normal diet; that helps them save loads of cash.

#note EVERY student must pay for at least 2 meals in a semester even many hardly ever go there.
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by lawrenceunaa: 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2014
patrickdarlins: u are talking bullshit....arant nonsenx....y would sumbody be teaching me how to b holly by restraining me from eat meat...saying dey are unclean... abi u no fet senx to read weting dem ryt dere...idi.ot...
did u ever learnt something from school. the guy u told all dis politely made u see points but u ended up calling him an idi.ot but serious u should be called that. feel free to spilt ur insults but knw u have no credit for doing sure
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 19, 2014
lawrenceunaa: did u ever learnt something from school. the guy u told all dis politely made u see points but u ended up calling him an idi.ot but serious u should be called that. feel free to spilt ur insults but knw u have no credit for doing sure
then ur sense of reasoning is not functioning...if u cant read what he typed....cant even xchange word wit u...drinking panadol for sumones headache .....agbaya.....
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by lawrenceunaa: 12:53am On Jul 19, 2014
patrickdarlins: then ur sense of reasoning is not functioning...if u cant read what he typed....cant even xchange word wit u...drinking panadol for sumones headache .....agbaya.....
go get a life i ve got no time to waste.
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 19, 2014
lawrenceunaa: go get a life i ve got no time to waste.
and u think u ve gotten urself one??eeyyaaa
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by succyreal(m): 7:13am On Jul 19, 2014
sCross: Freaking lie. BU staff eat fish and some even eat meat; they just eat in moderation.

Truth is the founder of the university, John Babcock (not sure of his name) was a vegetarian and the idea is to honor him. School also gets funded by 7th day and they won't fund if they don't play accordingly.

Vegetarian diet is far cheaper than a normal diet; that helps them save loads of cash.

#note EVERY student must pay for at least 2 meals in a semester even many hardly ever go there.
I have been a vegan for the past 12 years and I believe that is the Best. it is. good for the body, soul and everything.
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by AdeniyiA(m): 8:11am On Jul 19, 2014
ednut1: they say red meat is bad, but i have never seen a sick lion
Human being gat problems
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by sCross: 8:15am On Jul 19, 2014
succyreal: I have been a vegan for the past 12 years and I believe that is the Best. it is. good for the body, soul and everything.

But I'm not disputing that. Vegans tend to live longer than average.

What I wrote was in respect to the happenings in Babcock University
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by sarmiie(m): 11:20am On Jul 19, 2014
succyreal: SOME DISEASES RELATED TO MEAT
CONSUMPTION / PRODUCTION
Swine flu
Blue tongue disease
E. coli
Salmonella
Bird flu
Mad cow disease
Pig's disease (PMWS)
Listeriosis
Shellfish poisoning
Pre-eclampsia
SOME OF THE COSTS OF MEAT EATING:
HEART DISEASE
Over 17 million lives lost globally each year
Cost of cardiovascular disease is at least US$1
trillion a year
CANCER
Over 1 million new colon cancer patients
diagnosed each year
More than 600,000 colon cancer-related mortalities
annually
In the United States alone, colon cancer treatment
costs about US$6.5 billion.
Millions of people are newly diagnosed with other
meat-related cancers every year.
DIABETES
246 million people are affected worldwide
An estimated US$174 billion spent each year on
treatment.
OBESITY
Worldwide 1.6 billion adults are overweight with
400 million more who are obese
Costs US$93 billion each year for medical
expenses in the United States alone.
At least 2.6 million people die annually from
problems related to being overweight or obese
ENVIRONMENTAL
Use up to 70% of clean water
Pollute most of the water bodies
Deforest the lungs of the Earth
Uses up to 43% of the world's cereal
Uses up to 85% of the world's soy
Cause world hunger & wars
80% cause of global warming
PLUS MORE…

most of dose diseases r caused by not practising standard health practises eg cooking food well etc...
Can u cook 'efo' without first washing it?? So dont blame ''meat'', blame dose who dont cook well..

The costs u wrote are not, again, due to meat consumption bt high insulin content which we all know is due to high carbohydrate content. For my information, read ''protein power'' by Dr. Micheal Eades...........

If dem no wan chop meat, na dem sabi. Bt pls dont come here and intentionally misinform people as a means of justifying dia actions..
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by layrayson(m): 4:11am On Jul 21, 2014
wheesin: vegetarianism a system of government where those u lead are turned to sea animals..

just because the owner is a vege..doesnt mean the whole school should become one...total dictatorship angry
I agree with you the university has no right to dictate what students eat so far the church itself can eat any meat except unclean ones
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by coolguyone(m): 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
patrickdarlins: u are talking bullshit....arant nonsenx....y would sumbody be teaching me how to b holly by restraining me from eat meat...saying dey are unclean... abi u no fet senx to read weting dem ryt dere...idi.ot...
guy i no go use my mouth to curse u na only God go curse u
Re: Why We Don't Eat Meat - Babcock University VC by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2014
Jona annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn cry
What type of meat ? Bat meat or kangaroo cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Scholarship Database. / Biology Bsc/ed Vs Microbiology Bsc / Direct Entry Form:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.