Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson (10665 Views)

Make Money In Nigeria's Investment Sector Using Warren Buffet's Formula / Nigeria Is The Next Oil And Gas Investment Destination / Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by tarryT(m): 9:39am On Jul 18, 2014
dhammyg: I DISAGREE.BAYELSA STATE HAS SOMETHING CALLED OIL.MANY OF THE RICH AND DEVELOPED ARAB NATIONS ARE SO BECUZ OF OIL.BUT WHAT HAS BAYELSA DONE SO FAR WITH IT.

IT TAKES MORE THAN HAVING NATURAL RESOURCES TO BE A INVESTOR'S PARADISE.U NEED
1) GOOD GOVERNANCE
2)A LARGE POPULATION
3)THE POPULATION MUST HAVE A LARGE MIDDLE CLASS PERCENTAGE.
4)THE BUISNESS ENVIRONMENT MUST BE FRIENDLY TO OUTSIDERS\FOREIGNERS.

WHEN BAYELSA HAS ALL THIS.I WILL AGREE.BUT A GOOD WAY TO START IS WITH GOOD GOVERNANCEwinkTHIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.AND BAYELSA HAS LACKED THIS FOR SEVERAL YEARSsad

This type of ranting is one the reason my favorite lecturer screams EVIL!!! Take a look your dumb excuses. FYI, Bayelsa have much more than you can imagine and Gov. Dickson is doing the
right thing by telling the world its positives.

Its all about your selling points and Dickson is doing the needful. Why are you pained? Why do you hate progress?

Bayelsa is the investment destination. If you don't like it,...otapiapia will be helpful.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 18, 2014
Joker! Except they talking about a Bayelsa different from the one I visited.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by UjSizzle(f): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2014
meryl4merit: Miss make ur comment without insult.... its a developing teenage state.... And u cnt call us prostitutes, its everywhere for ur info, if u don't hv anyfin gud to say shut up.
And here they come grin

Since when did saying the truth become insult? Of course there are prostitutes everywhere as well as there are decent people too. I just happened to find a higher proportion of the former than the latter. No need to take offense hun, I'm sure the good Lord will visit the people of Bayelsa just like he did many other states.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by tarryT(m): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2014
Blockus: Big Lie.

The guy just opened the London front for his money Laundering schemes to thrive.

#Fhuck Dickson & Jonathan.

All I can make from this your gross stupidity of psychopath. Why do you hate progress??

#fhuck you and your governor.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by meryl4merit(f): 9:50am On Jul 18, 2014
He is only trying to make d state a better place to live in, more investors means more government revenue via tax, royalties, grant to help develop d state, I knw bayelsa isn't developed compared to oda states, buh wah is bad if a child decide to advance? majority of us re not half wah our mates are buh still, we struggle to get there... D last Tym I checked no state is exempted 4rm bad governance and corrupt leaders... Am proud to be a bayelsan bcuz ah believe in my state, and I knw we are getting there. Haters go 2hell :PHe is only trying to make d state a better place to live in, more investors means more government revenue via tax, royalties, grant to help develop d state, I knw bayelsa isn't developed compared to oda states, buh wah is bad if a child decide to advance? majority of us re not half wah our mates are buh still, we struggle to get there... D last Tym I checked no state is exempted 4rm bad governance and corrupt leaders... Am proud to be a bayelsan bcuz ah believe in my state, and I knw we are getting there. Haters go 2hell

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:00am On Jul 18, 2014
BIG FAT LIE! NIGER DELTA/SOUTH SOUTH AND NAT JUST BAYELSA!
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by experimentist: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2014
BlazeyJ:
Bro,, you need Jesus
No man, I don't need that shitt!
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Orikinla(m): 10:07am On Jul 18, 2014
dhammyg: I DISAGREE.BAYELSA STATE HAS SOMETHING CALLED OIL.MANY OF THE RICH AND DEVELOPED ARAB NATIONS ARE SO BECUZ OF OIL.BUT WHAT HAS BAYELSA DONE SO FAR WITH IT.

IT TAKES MORE THAN HAVING NATURAL RESOURCES TO BE A INVESTOR'S PARADISE.U NEED
1) GOOD GOVERNANCE
2)A LARGE POPULATION
3)THE POPULATION MUST HAVE A LARGE MIDDLE CLASS PERCENTAGE.
4)THE BUISNESS ENVIRONMENT MUST BE FRIENDLY TO OUTSIDERS\FOREIGNERS.

WHEN BAYELSA HAS ALL THIS.I WILL AGREE.BUT A GOOD WAY TO START IS WITH GOOD GOVERNANCEwinkTHIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT.AND BAYELSA HAS LACKED THIS FOR SEVERAL YEARSsad

The most rational comment so far.
1000 Likes.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Atigba: 10:07am On Jul 18, 2014
rozayx5: heard prices of things are high in Yenagoa
you are absolutely right,bayelsa state is the most expensive place to live in nigeria,everything is outrageous food,transport,housing etc they think every body plug money from a tree
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by myspnigeria: 10:08am On Jul 18, 2014
For real? We shall see
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 18, 2014
Hmmm...investment indeed! I wonder why pple call dis one street community a state....#wondering

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by ElFenomeno1: 10:13am On Jul 18, 2014
Bullshit... Top crap
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Dee60: 10:20am On Jul 18, 2014
Nice joke! Quite funny.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by winiwini: 10:24am On Jul 18, 2014
Just as if you said there is Good life in Somalia
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Iceman296: 10:37am On Jul 18, 2014
UjSizzle: Bayelsa has to be the worst state I ever walked into.
Their infrastructural development is really poor. Wealth distribution is nothing to write home about. Standard and cost of living in Yenegoa sucks big time. And their government? The government is the worst thing to have happened to that village state.
Bayelsa is in need of deliverance from the clutches of bad governance undecided

The only thing I can see Bayelsa boast of is hotels (hear Mama Peace owns most of them) and prostitutes.

Your comment here reeks of Ignorance. Every state in Nigeria has its own Ills, so dont single out bayelsa like there's nothing good that can Come out of it. Atleast they produced the Current President of the Federal Republic and their people hold Strategic Positions.

They're still very much Developing, its simply a work in Progress.

You wanna really see bad Governance? Go to Abia State
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by abdulkayus(m): 10:42am On Jul 18, 2014
Iceman296:

Your comment here reeks of Ignorance. Every state in Nigeria has its own Ills, so dont single out bayelsa like there's nothing good that can Come out of it. Atleast they produced the Current President of the Federal Republic and their people hold Strategic Positions.

And wat has it benefit Bayelsa and Bayelsans? Tel me, wat jas it benefit dem? Nothing, absolute nothing or let is say jus microscopic minimal benefit. Despite d money being pump to that state wit her low population, Bayelsa shld be ranging high among states, bt alas.....
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 18, 2014
grin grin grin grin Dickson must have been hallucinating when he was making this speech. He probably thought he was talking to cows or sheep.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by UjSizzle(f): 10:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Iceman296:

Very touchy people grin
We are discussing Bayelsa here, not Abia. When there's a thread for Abia I'll talk about what I've observed there too.
Until then, take this in good faith and believe im not trying to bash any state.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by duerap: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2014
You pitch a tent in London, tell the world it's for the purpose of developing Bayelsa State and expect reasonable people to believe you?
Why do politicians always have the guts to orchestrate lies shamelessly? All you do is rant, rant and rant about your fantasies aimed at decieving those who have decided to box themselves up in the dark pool of sycophancy.

Develop the state that you govern and your works will speak for you! While Other governers are busy improving the standard of living of her citizens by showcasing visible development, you are busy talking. smh

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by mbulela: 11:24am On Jul 18, 2014

The guy just opened the London front for his money Laundering schemes to thrive.

your head dey there. Bayelsa has been cursed with clowns and thieves as leaders since inception.
The state needs deliverance.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by mbulela: 11:25am On Jul 18, 2014
Iceman296:

So because Abia has been cursed by the Orjis, Bayelsa should follow suit?
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2014
mbulela:
So because Abia has been cursed by the Orjis, Bayelsa should follow suit?

Yes ke!!! As long as the curse no reach Abia own, it's all good nah!
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by englishmart(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2014

don't talk like that pls.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by mbulela: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2014
naijababe:

Yes ke!!! As long as the curse no reach Abia own, it's all good nah!
Abia own pass TB Joshua deliverance. The state is yoked in ineptitude that even bothers the devil him/herself.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by bizzlemie(m): 12:21pm On Jul 18, 2014
UjSizzle: Bayelsa has to be the worst state I ever walked into.
Their infrastructural development is really poor. Wealth distribution is nothing to write home about. Standard and cost of living in Yenegoa sucks big time. And their government? The government is the worst thing to have happened to that village state.
Bayelsa is in need of deliverance from the clutches of bad governance undecided

The only thing I can see Bayelsa boast of is hotels (hear Mama Peace owns most of them) and prostitutes.

Your last sentence just shows that you know absolutely NOTHING about Bayelsa. Thank you!
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by justiade4uu(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
Oh God help...
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by ujoinme: 1:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
Bayelsa on the rise. the old Bayelsa that Nigerians have in their head is dying slowly and whats replacing it is the nigerian oil and gas investment hub. in the next few yrs most of you that are badmouthing Bayelsa will be relocating there to find work.here are a few new things happening in bayelsa:

Bayelsa Cargo Airport- Under construction.

Agge Deepseaport - undergoing preliminary survey

$100billion dollar industrial park otuoke - under construction

100,000 bpd Epic refinery and petrochemical industry - under construction by sino asia intl.

201million euro foreign owned ceramic,glass, tomato paste,cassava to starch industrial complex - under construction at ekowe

10MTPA brass LNG - under construction.

LPG gas to fuel project- advanced stages of construction.

Oil and Gas Specialized Federal polytechnic ekowe.

N10billion 17floor headquarters building of Nigerian content development and monitoring board- approved for construction yenagoa.

this is just to mention a few of the current developments thats taking place in bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by galaxy4rep(m): 1:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Big lie! bayelsa is the most disgusting state I have visited. the capital city is like my village in Anambra state, my village is even much better because I can drive into my house. the road network in bayelsa is zero, no trace of town planning. no water, all the toilets are channelled to the river or drainage. if you like you builed house along the road where people pass or block water ways so far your land is there. the governance is the worst! all they know is how to share money among the few that worship them. they don't even invest rather they prefer buying big jeep.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by iscom(m): 2:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
Why will people come to Bayelsa to invest with this bad leadership. The most wicked governor i ever seen. The governor that took graduates to court? You sacked ghost workers and people are paying heavy tax but yenagoa is like a village. Others people are enjoying power supply, but Bayelsans keep on using generators. You said you declared free education, but there are no teachers. You said there will be no employment, but you keep employing your family. You said you are taking good care of the health sector, but 80% of health care institutions are not functioning. Then tell me how will people come to Bayelsa to invest? The president is watching you?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by iscom(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
ujoinme: Bayelsa on the rise. the old Bayelsa that Nigerians have in their head is dying slowly and whats replacing it is the nigerian oil and gas investment hub. in the next few yrs most of you that are badmouthing Bayelsa will be relocating there to find work.here are a few new things happening in bayelsa:

100,000 bpd Epic refinery and petrochemical industry - under construction by sino asia intl.

201million euro foreign owned ceramic,glass, tomato paste,cassava to starch industrial complex - under construction at ekowe

N10billion 17floor headquarters building of Nigerian content development and monitoring board- under construction by ITB yenagoa.

this is just to mention a few of the current developments thats taking place in bayelsa.
A big lie. Don't misinformed people here.
Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by ujoinme: 2:12pm On Jul 18, 2014
iscom: A big lie. Don't misinformed people here.

point out the lies, otherwise you are the misinformer.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Is Nigeria’s Investment Destination Secret –dickson by kel4soft: 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2014
ujoinme: Bayelsa on the rise. the old Bayelsa that Nigerians have in their head is dying slowly and whats replacing it is the nigerian oil and gas investment hub. in the next few yrs most of you that are badmouthing Bayelsa will be relocating there to find work.here are a few new things happening in bayelsa:

N10billion 17floor headquarters building of Nigerian content development and monitoring board- under construction by ITB yenagoa.

Please travel to BY and verify this claim. Not just on the pages on newspaper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Ways To Grow Your Business / 10 Most Valuable Currencies In The World / Where Can I Be Buying Recharge Card Pins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.