Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Ray Boltz Says He's Gay - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ray Boltz Says He's Gay (4642 Views)

Ghana Millionaire Says He Does Not Pay Tithe / Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner / Man Says He’s Been To Heaven Four Times, Draws Map (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by Ade0001(m): 5:07am On Oct 11, 2008
The end is truly near and now is the time for those that thought they are standing to beware. One of the major problem in the church today is that everyone wants to justify and satisfy their lust of the flesh.

I pray that God will help us to see and embrace the truth always

http://blog.christianitytoday.com/ctliveblog/archives/2008/09/ray_boltz_comes.html

1 Like

Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by tpia: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2008
holy moly!

I think I know some of this guy's songs.

He should just direct his music to gay people then.

no sweat off my brow.

Seriously, there are times when I see some celebrity photos and I get the distinct impression these people look gay. However, most times I tend to shrug it off as a figment of my imagination. I can't help but wonder sha.

First Amy Grant's divorce, now this one again. na wa.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by Nimshi: 5:18am On Oct 26, 2008
[Amy Grant] divorce? Aren't Christians not supposed to get divorced?

Gay people's music? Is there hetero music?

Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2008
Na wa o.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by manmustwac(m): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2008
Who is Ray Boltz?
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by bawomolo(m): 2:31am On Oct 27, 2008
some old school gospel singer.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by MadMax1(f): 10:52am On Oct 27, 2008
Unbelievable! I really liked his music.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by tpia: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2008
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by bawomolo(m): 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2008
genetics won at the end.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2008
bawomolo:

genetics won at the end.

what genetics?
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by bawomolo(m): 5:41pm On Oct 27, 2008
DavidDylan:

what genetics?

the flaming homo genetics cheesy, homosexuality is a combination of genetic and cultural factors. you don't just wake up as a man someday and decide you are interested in other men
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 5:45pm On Oct 27, 2008
bawomolo:

the flaming homo genetics cheesy, homosexuality is a combination of genetic and cultural factors. you don't just wake up as a man someday and decide you are interested in other men

That is an allegation that has not been scientifically proven. Do you know what genes control homosexuality?
any proof that it is inherited as a trait? Any genetic mutations you know that confer homosexuality?

It is not enough to just bamboozle us with "fantastic" statements without proof. Especially ones that have been debunked so many times over.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by bawomolo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2008
DavidDylan:

That is an allegation that has not been scientifically proven. Do you know what genes control homosexuality?
any proof that it is inherited as a trait? Any genetic mutations you know that confer homosexuality?

It is not enough to just bamboozle us with "fantastic" statements without proof. Especially ones that have been debunked so many times over.

there is still research going on about that, we may know and we may never know.  considering the prevalence of homosexuality in the animal kingdom and especially in animals with close DNA's to that of humans, something tells me there are gentic factors to homosexuality.    and how have they been debunked??

there is a study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior about genetics and homosexuality
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2008
bawomolo:

there is still research going on about that, we may know and we may never know.  considering the prevalence of homosexuality in the animal kingdom and especially in animals with close DNA's to that of humans, something tells me there are gentic factors to homosexuality.

I'm not sure you understand the word "prevalent".
Here it is - Prevalent - Most generally received or current; most widely adopted or practiced; also, generally or extensively existing; widespread;

We know that homosexuality is NOT "widely practiced" in the animal kingdom save for isolated cases.

bawomolo:

and how have they been debunked??

No scientific proof exists at all of this so-called genetic link to homosexuality.

bawomolo:

there is a study in the Archives of Sexual Behavior about genetics and homosexuality

With an Impact factor of 2.3, i'm not sure its a "journal" we want to take with more than a pinch of salt.

A "study" based on mere population statistics is not to be taken seriously at all. If i do a random survey of 2000 men from Ijebu-Ode tomorrow i can basically come up with anything i want.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by huxley(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2008
DavidDylan:

No scientific proof exists at all of this so-called genetic link to homosexuality.

How would it matter to you if it did? Are you amenable to scientific proofs/evidence?
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by Nimshi: 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2008
DavidDylan:

That is an allegation that has not been scientifically proven.

Huxley has asked the relevant question with regard to this; what say you?

Do you know what genes control homosexuality?
any proof that it is inherited as a trait?
Any genetic mutations you know that confer homosexuality?

Important questions.
See Huxley's question above. What say you?

What do you say about homosecxuality in nature? 8% of rams, say, show active homosexuality; what do you think about that?
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2008
Nimshi:

Huxley has asked the relevant question with regard to this; what say you?

the relevant questions are these - Do you know what genes control homosexuality?
any proof that it is inherited as a trait?
Any genetic mutations you know that confer homosexuality?

You and Huxley shld answer them first biko. Forever crying about "questions" when the simple ones we ask you, you avoid.

Nimshi:

What do you say about homosecxuality in nature? 8% of rams, say, show active homosexuality; what do you think about that?

this claims of "homosexuality in nature" is nonsense. If i put 15 8-week old male mice together in a cage, close to 100% of them will show "active homosexuality".

My point is this - animals have much lower intelligence than man . . . so its extremely difficult to extrapolate social activities in animals to man. Some animals for example NEVER raise their own young, should that be evidence that women who give up their kids for adoption are controlled by genetic factors?

Do you people have the capacity to think at all or you just swallow a lot of the nonsense confused "scientists" tell you?
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by JJYOU: 6:58pm On Oct 27, 2008
an open season is being gradually declared by these militant minority. it reminds me of the drip drip assault in the 90's that led england to where it finds itself today.

i cant understand why a tiny minority are not satisfied with doing what they do privately without pushing it on the masses
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by Gamine(f): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2008
Mehn!!

i was trying to remember his popular song

ooh how i love that song! cry cry right from fellowship at Transit Village

i read the article and the dude is just saying nonsense.

We Christians have to really step on it, Prayer is the Key.

I dreamed I went to heaven
And you were there with me;
We walked upon the streets of gold
Beside the crystal sea.
We heard the angels singing
Then someone called your name.
We turned and saw a young man running
And he was smiling as he came.

And he said, "Friend you may not know me now."
And then he said, "But wait,
You used to teach my Sunday School
When I was only eight.
And every week you would say a prayer
Before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer,
I asked Jesus in my heart."

Thank you for giving to the Lord.
I am a life that was changed.
I am so glad you gave.

Then another man stood before you
And said, "Remember the time
A missionary came to your church
And his pictures made you cry.
You didn't have much money,
But you gave it anyway.
Jesus took the gift you gave
And that's why I'm here today."

I am so glad you gave.

One by one they came
Far as the eye could see.
Each life somehow touched
By your generosity.
Little things that you had done,
Sacrifices made,
Unnoticed on the earth
In heaven, now proclaimed.

And I know up in heaven
You're not supposed to cry
But I am almost sure
There were tears in your eyes.
As Jesus took your hand
And you stood before the Lord.
He said, "My child, look around you.
Great is your reward."

I am so glad you gave.

I am so glad you gave.

sad sad
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by bawomolo(m): 10:30pm On Oct 27, 2008
this claims of "homosexuality in nature" is nonsense. If i put 15 8-week old male mice together in a cage, close to 100% of them will show "active homosexuality".

how exactly can you support this?? you have no proof of this either.  bonobo's are in regularly contact with the opposite sex so how does this support your theory?

We know that homosexuality is NOT "widely practiced" in the animal kingdom save for isolated cases.

isolated case

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=20718

homosexuality among animals is widely observed. the captivity theory doesn't even work since animals in the wild engage in it too.

My point is this - animals have much lower intelligence than man

primates aren't exactly that dumb, have u read the study am talking about??

A "study" based on mere population statistics is not to be taken seriously at all. If i do a random survey of 2000 men from Ijebu-Ode tomorrow i can basically come up with anything i want.

this isnt' the first study of it's kind to come up with similar results. how many more of these studies do you want??
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by tpia: 1:13am On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 3:33am On Oct 28, 2008
bawomolo:

how exactly can you support this?? you have no proof of this either.  bonobo's are in regularly contact with the opposite sex so how does this support your theory?

Incredible! And you came here bleating about genetics as if you knew what you were saying.

bawomolo:

isolated case

http://www.news-medical.net/?id=20718

homosexuality among animals is widely observed. the captivity theory doesn't even work since animals in the wild engage in it too.

As i said earlier, this is a futile attempt to grasp at straws. To equate the social behaviour of animals to humans is laughable. Male goats sometimes sniff the rear of each other - hey presto . . . that is your idea of homosexuality in the wild?

The amount of silly stuff man will dream up just to justify a perfidy is amazing.

bawomolo:

primates aren't exactly that dumb, have u read the study am talking about??

The journal has an impact factor of 2.3 . . . i.e. its not widely read and few people (except those desperate to hang unto anything) base their scientific opinions on it. Such a study, if it was landmark, would have commanded so much attention by now. As it stands, it is no more than a fig leaf for folks like you.

bawomolo:

this isnt' the first study of it's kind to come up with similar results. how many more of these studies do you want??

If all these "studies" were any use everyone would long have seen them. Yup go dig into irrelevant "archives" for worthless "studies" that will say whatever you want.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by Nimshi: 3:43am On Oct 28, 2008

Hahaha. Daveed! Did you perform this experiment? Or - wonder of wonders - do you now allow yourself to be influenced by controlled experiments? Pray tell, Dave.

My point is this - animals have much lower intelligence than man . . . so its extremely difficult to extrapolate social activities in animals to man.

Hahaha. Precisely because of instint, non-human animals are useful in ways humans are not. Do you understand that?

Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 4:12am On Oct 28, 2008
Nimshi:

Hahaha. Precisely because of instint, non-human animals are useful in ways humans are not. Do you understand that?

I perfectly understand that because i not only work with animals, i am surrounded daily by people who work with marsupials, primates, birds . . .

The more you study animals the more you realise there is very little you can extrapolate from animals to humans. Makes me laugh when i see clearly uniinformed people here just trumpeting the idea of homosexuality in the animal world.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by bawomolo(m): 4:59am On Oct 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

Incredible! And you came here bleating about genetics as if you knew what you were saying.

oh here we go again.

As i said earlier, this is a futile attempt to grasp at straws. To equate the social behaviour of animals to humans is laughable. Male goats sometimes sniff the rear of each other - hey presto . . . that is your idea of homosexuality in the wild?

lmao, who said male goats sniffing the rear of each other is a sign of homosexuality.  there is recorded evidence by scientists who have lived in the wild. you can ignore it all you want.  i wonder if those animals made a choice to be flames.

The journal has an impact factor of 2.3 . . . i.e. its not widely read and few people (except those desperate to hang unto anything) base their scientific opinions on it. Such a study, if it was landmark, would have commanded so much attention by now. As it stands, it is no more than a fig leaf for folks like you.

i could bring up more articles of the like if you want. 

If all these "studies" were any use everyone would long have seen them. Yup go dig into irrelevant "archives" for worthless "studies" that will say whatever you want.

lol, whether it's worthless is just a personal opinion of yours with little scientific basis. studies using similar sample sizes have been repeated over and over again with little variance in the results. i believe depaul or university of chicago would perform another research on this. i won't be surprised if they reach the same conclusion

DavidDylan:

The more you study animals the more you realise there is very little you can extrapolate from animals to humans.

wrong
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by JJYOU: 12:36pm On Oct 28, 2008
tpia:

like my friend said: if the guy has been holding on for thirty odd years, then he could have held on a while longer.

What exactly is he trying to prove by coming out in this manner?

something's fishy here.

money and more money.  call it pink dollar or pink pound. it is laughing all the way to the bank for him. he now has a new audience his music can reach. there is the small matter of  public speaking at gay events which equals more money.  the homosexual lobby is one big vocal minority. they targeted the media which they now use to sell the lifestyle.  i am no supporter of mugabe.  i don't like him and the things he stands for. i can say  majority of the fight he has with the british govt started  because of his opposition to homosexuality and peter tarchell's harasing him every where he goes.  peter tarchell by the way is uk gay rights senior activist.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2008
bawomolo:

wrong

Funny. The number of clueless people who just make claims on these board is alarming.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by Chrisbenogor(m): 6:03pm On Oct 28, 2008
Hmmm interesting the guy no fit hold am again eh ya, maybe he was tired of living a lie.
@david
How body?
Truth of the matter is it has not be proven that it is genetical or cultural there is evidence either way, your assertion that little from the animal kingdom can be extrapolated to man is wrong, you of all people should know that. To be honest bro sometimes I think your passion for christianity clouds your judgement , look closely again and you will see what I really mean, or rent some books on psychology, and even engineering or medicine and you will see just how far animals have helped.
I will leave it there for now hopefully we can continue this discussion on a honest basis.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by Nimshi: 7:05pm On Oct 28, 2008
And, there's a minimum percentage of the population that's gay; and it's everywhere. It's one reason people laughed when Iran's Ahmedinejad said there were no gays in Iran; ridiculous. What's close to being as bad is the assumption that all gays are a result of the environment only, and that there's no genetic disposition. You'd suppose commen sense should at least dictate that the genetic angle should be on the table in any case, considering that behaviour has a psycho-biological basis.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by DavidDylan(m): 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

Hmmm interesting the guy no fit hold am again eh ya, maybe he was tired of living a lie.
@david
How body?
Truth of the matter is it has not be proven that it is genetical or cultural there is evidence either way, your assertion that little from the animal kingdom can be extrapolated to man is wrong, you of all people should know that. To be honest bro sometimes I think your passion for christianity clouds your judgement , look closely again and you will see what I really mean, or rent some books on psychology, and even engineering or medicine and you will see just how far animals have helped.
I will leave it there for now hopefully we can continue this discussion on a honest basis.

My dear, it is perfectly correct. Did you know that every man on earth shares a 99% identity in DNA? Did you know that it is the 1% difference that accounts for the remarkably variant phenotypes we see?

Did you know that animals do not share certain genes with man?

My dear, certain genes, phenotypes and social behaviour among animals CANNOT be extrapolated to man. Here is just ONE example - did you know that mice and certain other animals CAN NEVER get asthma no matter how much you try to sensitize them?

Many psychology books are written for people like you and bawomolo who are merely looking for straws to grasp.

Even the science you all crow about proves you wrong.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by huxley(m): 11:40pm On Oct 28, 2008
DavidDylan:

My dear, it is perfectly correct. Did you know that every man on earth shares a 99% identity in DNA? Did you know that it is the 1% difference that accounts for the remarkably variant phenotypes we see?

Rubbish, absolue rubbish. Why did you get these figures from? And why should we think they are reliable?

DavidDylan:

Did you know that animals do not share certain genes with man?

Again, rubbish. Absolute rubbish. Why should we be convinced by this?

DavidDylan:

My dear, certain genes, phenotypes and social behaviour among animals CANNOT be extrapolated to man. Here is just ONE example - did you know that mice and certain other animals CAN NEVER get asthma no matter how much you try to sensitize them?

You have just casually come across this and are making use of this to your advantage. There is absolutely no truth or grounding to this.
Re: Ray Boltz Says He's Gay by bawomolo(m): 12:26am On Oct 29, 2008
chei na me dem dey yab.

DavidDylan:

Funny. The number of clueless people who just make claims on these board is alarming.

future research would prove who is right between us. scientists who have spent time studying animals in the wild would disagree with your claim that we can't extrapolate much from animals. anyway go on with your bravado grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is New Testament Bible Sufficient? / Mohammed Contradicts Himself, Says 3 Different Things On The Same Topic / Countries To Avoid As A God Fearing Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.