Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Best Nigerian Musicians? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Best Nigerian Musicians? (66881 Views)

The 10 Best Nigerian Albums Of 2015 / 2015 Top 20 Richest Nigerian Musicians, See Their Net Worth / Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Nigerian Musicians? by Seun(m): 3:04am On May 09, 2005
We already know about 2face Idibia (the artiste behing 'You Are My African Queen'). We know that the boy is good!

What about the others? Who else would you classify among the 'best Nigerian Musicians'?

[Some of our local musicians like to [I]rap[/I]. Now, pidgin rapping can be very entertaining, like "Monica". However, when Nigerian artistes try to deliver 'americanized' raps, I say to myself "yuck!" I mean, sometimes you can still hear the yoruba accent under the americanized performance!]

Anyway, let me show you my best Nigerian musicians list: Lagbaja, Styl-plus (the 'Olufunmi' boys), Kush Music, and ... well, that's it!

What about you?

2 Likes

Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by delarontus(f): 2:21pm On May 09, 2005
What i like might not be the best but here they are: Styl-Plus, Tuface, Asha, Gizmo, Mode 9, Lagbaja, P-square, Faze, em .... can't recall the other names but there are more!
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by Seun(m): 3:39pm On May 09, 2005
In addition to the original question "who are your best Nigerian musicians":
[list][li]What do you like about your best musician(s) or band?[/li][li]Where do you go to buy their music in Nigeria?[/li][/list]

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by gina34(f): 7:18pm On May 09, 2005
Well, my best Nigeria artistes are: 2face idibia, Slam, Pasto Goody Goody, Faze,
African China, and Black Face.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by mamba(m): 8:47pm On May 09, 2005
My best artistes are Musiliu Haruna Ishola and Pasuma. I also like Maintain, Ruggedman and Mr. Cool.

I buy their music whenever I'm in a [I]go-slow[/I] [[I]editor: Traffic Congestion[/I]].
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by Ra(f): 11:23pm On May 09, 2005
I simply adore Lagbaja's music. I like a few others as well, but whenever I'm chanced or at home, the only musician whose CDs I hunt for is Lagbaja. I live in Ibadan and get his CDs from some place in Oketedo.

What I like about him and his band; the ingenuity, his creativity and pure entertainment.

Kunle Ajayi follows very closely after.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by Allenpowered(m): 7:57am On May 19, 2005
well my best naijs musicians are :the undying abami eda himself, fela,ruggedman,maintain and hu else self....? tongue. well i mostly don't kow how i end up ith some the cds...but fela's own i buy in stores(they are pirated mind u!!!)
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by tosemi(f): 12:30pm On May 19, 2005
Nigerian Musicians are really coming out and they are trying there best in the music industry. Styl-plus, Sunny Neji, 2face idibia, Lagbaja,keffe, paul dairo and kunle ajayi these are my favorite and my best.
They are simply creative and i get to buy my cassette/cds anywhere i come across there
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by AMENZEIGBINEDION(f): 7:23pm On May 19, 2005
I think that Nigerian music is being more recognized and the artist themselves are being more respected. Gone are the days where one says that music is not a job. Music is a talent and i gift,and i respect anyone who does not put it to waste.
Style-plus are just the bomb!!!! i mean they are the Nigerian boys to men, or even 112.
If i go on i will be here all day.
2face is a cool guy and came with his own individual flavour " You are my African queen" amongst others, his songs speak for themselves. There are some songs that you just have to sing along with or you can't help but want to move your body.
There are so many more artists to mention, but all i can say is keep working at it because whatever those artists are doing is certainly working. Have you not noticed that in every magazine there is something about music? We need to keep supporting our people , coz if we don't who will. Set the path others will follow.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by mary(f): 2:35pm On May 20, 2005
well,my best Nigerian musicians are;2face,faze,styl-plus and a host of others.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by tayotina(f): 3:10pm On May 20, 2005
Let me see ..... hmm, I think... well, I don't know.  I would think of something by Monday. Meanwhile, I have a feeling I like Lagbaja's ....... wink Yeah, I just remembered. I love styl-plus and Ijo Fuji - Adewale Ayuba.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by bolasho(m): 8:58am On May 26, 2005
Nigerian Musicians......I want us all to first appreciate all of our guys, they are really trying. Talking about my best .. I will pick first of all 2baba (2face), he is the bomb, and check out this guy ..... OJB that guy is too good he produces almost all the guys in the industry, he writes for them and he sings his own too, hes lyrics is cool and I can hear it anytime any day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by hotpikin(f): 6:22pm On May 26, 2005
uh...people, is there anyway i culd get styl-plus, p square, slam, faze and 2face 2 perform @ ma birthday party i need help quickly, please!!!
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by bocamadias: 6:16pm On May 29, 2005
as for me my best musicians are
Ruggedman, BOSALIN, Dream GEz,STYL PLUS
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by dablessed(f): 6:28pm On May 29, 2005
I love the Kush group, as a matter of fact, i stumbled on this forum while i was searching for their website. The Olufunmi boys are also good - what are they called and what's the name of the album? Any-one coming to London anytime soon? I'd appreciate a CD of theirs - I'll pay, no probs. It goes for about 15 quid here in London and thats outrageously expensive compared to the Naira price.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by bunmijoseph(f): 9:31pm On May 31, 2005
styl plus is d bombbbbbbbbbbbbbb.Anyone else is behind them.i love those guys.Keep it up men.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by hotangel2(f): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2005
who could be more fun than, lagbaja, tuface and styl plus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by IAH(f): 2:38pm On Jun 22, 2005
Styl Plus, 2face, Lagbaja, Sunny Nneji, a few gospel acts and the rest is NOISE.
The one I hate most is that Eedris Abdulakreem.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by pkrix(m): 8:57pm On Jun 22, 2005
For me. I am yet to call any Nigeria musician best. I do not have a best musician in Nigeria but I sure have a worst musician and that is Geneive Nnaji.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by hotangel2(f): 6:21am On Jun 25, 2005
pkrix:

For me. I am yet to call any Nigeria musician best. I do not have a best musician in Nigeria but I sure have a worst musician and that is Geneive Nnaji.

I haven't heard any of her songs. Do you know any website i can hear the song?? Anyways don't hate on genny, she is good. Why in hell wouldn't you have a best 9ja musician??

1 Like

Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by Greatpeter(m): 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2005
Panm parcy Paul
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by fataiiyo(m): 9:20am On Jul 16, 2005
MY BEST MUSICIAN LIST ARE : 2FACE,STYPLUS,MAITAIN AND ONE BABA CALLED WASIU AYINDE.......
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by Greatpeter(m): 11:59pm On Jul 17, 2005
Don't tell me I'm tribalistic ooo.

KSA is the man any day.

He never loses his taste. (Evergreen)

Oluaye isn't bad too. But Sunny don carry waka don te.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by layi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 13, 2005
Styl plus and Agebeeka only for now. I've heard sum guyz underground that amazes me...but i'm waitin for 'em to come out join d revolution. We gat talents
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by nddy(m): 5:40pm On Aug 13, 2005
who could be more fun than Bright Chimezie (zigima), Oliver De Coque, Morrocco,

Ndi igbo are you guys feeling me
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by layi(m): 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2005
Man.. Tuface is blowing o!. i cant believe what i saw a few days ago. His face on Billboards all over town (LAG and environs). Methinks he's the biggest Nigerian star so far. I dont really feel His songs anyway but i love success. But i'ld prefer other african artists like "Keisha (from Kenya..he reminds me of Joe) and Mandoza (from S/A). They'r HOT.

Anyway "Tuface na ur time o!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by nddy(m): 5:50pm On Aug 14, 2005
oliver de coque rules not 2face.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by hotangel2(f): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2005
What does oliver de coQue sing? ANy of his songs of links to 'em?
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by layi(m): 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2005
Ibiri o
Ibiri kam bi ri

I wonder how sum1 will say that man is the biggest nigerian star. He's not even on radio any more.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by nddy(m): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2005
did we ask of the latest musicians, no. its says Best Nigerian Musicians ?.
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by Latoya(f): 3:43am On Aug 16, 2005
Fela Kuti for sho
Re: Best Nigerian Musicians? by WesleyanA(f): 4:33am On Aug 16, 2005
hot-angel:

[rant]f0(k this send topic thingy[/rant]
hehe.welcome to my world.... grin it happens to me all the time. seun should take that thing off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Di'ja's Single "Inyamuri" Generate Ethnic Reactions (Photos) / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> / What Are You Listening To Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.