Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,098 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Rice Farmers Meet Here - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Rice Farmers Meet Here (27249 Views)

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday / To All Rice Farmers - Tested Solution For Bird Menace....at Long Lasts!!! / Without Offtakers, Niger Rice Farmers Rue Bumper Harvest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by zimoni(f): 5:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
amarawa:
What is the cost analysis of 1 hectare?

Size Of Land For Commercial Rice Farming

Iroko says, “You have to plant, then plant at least, five hectares; and you have to also prepare for the cost. From my experience, the estimate for just one hectare is N300,000, but my advise for new entrants is that they should start small”.

http://successdigestonline.com/articles/view/3-ways-to-make-lots-of-money-from-the-multibillion-naira-rice-industry

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by henrixx(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2015
zimoni:

Size Of Land For Commercial Rice Farming

Iroko says, “You have to plant, then plant at least, five hectares; and you have to also prepare for the cost. From my experience, the estimate for just one hectare is N300,000, but my advise for new entrants is that they should start small”.

http://successdigestonline.com/articles/view/3-ways-to-make-lots-of-money-from-the-multibillion-naira-rice-industry
bro I am currently serving in taraba nd wish to go into this rice farming but I do not know anything about it. Is it possible for me to be involved?? Maybe if I use the local village experts to run it. Is it possible?? Wat do u think
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by zimoni(f): 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2015
henrixx:
bro I am currently serving in taraba nd wish to go into this rice farming but I do not know anything about it. Is it possible for me to be involved?? Maybe if I use the local village experts to run it. Is it possible?? Wat do u think

Yes. Talk to the villagers, you'll get first hand info from the farmers. You may employ a local to manage the farm for you. Start small and later expand. Don't forget about the birds, also ask the farmers how they prevent birds. Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by henrixx(m): 1:49pm On Dec 01, 2015
zimoni:

Yes. Talk to the villagers, you'll get first hand info from the farmers. You may employ a local to manage the farm for you. Start small and later expand. Don't forget about the birds, also ask the farmers how they prevent birds. Best of luck.
k bro thanks a lot...... Also how much can I start with nd how often should I be at the farm
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by zimoni(f): 2:04pm On Dec 01, 2015
henrixx:
k bro thanks a lot...... Also how much can I start with nd how often should I be at the farm

Since you are serving in Taraba, I'd advise that you set it up in the state which is your family base. You may get the info which would help you to set up the farm.

For now, I'm not a rice farmer. I intend to farm rice in nearest future.

I will advise that you start with an hectare or two hectares depending on your capital.

You may use net to control birds. It's now on sale locally.

All the best.
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by zimoni(f): 2:15pm On Dec 01, 2015
Ask the farmers regarding how often you need to be going to the farm. All the best.
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Tamoh: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
@zimoni where can we buy the net locally and what are the sizes of net available?
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by zimoni(f): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
Tamoh:
@zimoni where can we buy the net locally and what are the sizes of net available?

I don't know where it's sold, I haven't bought it. I stumbled on the info while doing research about rice online. You may google it. "Where can I buy net that protects rice from birds in Nigeria".

Also google "Use of net for protection of rice farming from bird in Nigeria".

All the best.
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by mount1ng(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2015
The issue of net can only be use for a very small farm. When u talk of covering a land mass of a hectare (about 15 plots) with net no be joke. That will eat up your profit fot the next 2 planting seasons.
For birds control, we tried out a repellent last season that work well. Will be introducing it to farmers soonest.
Keep your fingers cross.
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by zimoni(f): 3:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
mount1ng:
The issue of net can only be use for a very small farm. When u talk of covering a land mass of a hectare (about 15 plots) with net no be joke. That will eat up your profit fot the next 2 planting seasons.
For birds control, we tried out a repellent last season that work well. Will be introducing it to farmers soonest.
Keep your fingers cross.

Nice one Bro. Thanks for the info.
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Tamoh: 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
What is the latest improved rice variety seed and Where can one obtain this seed in Lagos or other part of the country?
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by mount1ng(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
Tamoh:
What is the latest improved rice variety seed and Where can one obtain this seed in Lagos or other part of the country?
Rice yield has to do with your farm mgt procedures.
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by jidowu84: 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
mount1ng:
Keep your fingers cross.
... Will definitely love to know 'bout this...
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Tamoh: 7:09am On Dec 29, 2015
mount1ng:

Rice yield has to do with your farm mgt procedures.
@mount1ng yes but I just want to know where one can get the improved rice seed particularly the long grain?
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Elysianheritage: 9:02pm On Jan 18, 2016
mount1ng:
Keep your fingers cross.
Please what is the name of this repellant and where can buy from.
Thanks
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by ceecee0703(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
PLZ WHAT HAPPEND TO THIS THREAD
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by ethy60: 12:27am On Aug 28, 2016
pls, what are the various local rice varieties we have in Nigeria and where are they popularly consumed? pls I need your help, it's urgent.
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Juliana7: 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
Pls ooo, what is happening to dis interesting thread? Its no longer active
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Oye86: 4:38am On Feb 04, 2017
good morning everyone. pls i av a project assignment at hand. a business proposal from project initiation to its closure on rice farming on five hectares of land. including cost estimates. pls i need help on how to go about this.very urgent!!
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by feran15(m): 2:16pm On Mar 01, 2017
good afternoon, i am a student and i hope to go into rice farming next year by God's grace and would like to know exactly how much i wwould need to cultivate one hectare and the profit to be made. i have searched nairaland and have seen some ridiculous quotations such as making about 900k from just 100k investment. thanks in advance for your reply.

cc: Mount1ng zimoni jidowu84
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Seun(m): 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2017
Where do we get rice seeds?
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Olaimam2(m): 11:22pm On May 05, 2017
what are the best seeds for upland rice,the period and type of fertilizer that rice required to do well

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by damoceile: 8:16am On May 08, 2017
how much is the farm gate price for paddy rice right now??
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Mattbek: 12:50am On Sep 13, 2017
Thanks for the detailed information. Please can I get your email. Thank you
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by Mattbek: 1:05am On Sep 13, 2017
Please I'm a beginner. I want to get somethings clear. Is the cost of 1 ton of paddy still 60-80k as earlier mentioned on this platform?

What are the processes involved in land preparation before planting particularly in swampy areas?

What's the quantity of milled rice that can be gotten from one ton of paddy?
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by JohnNU(m): 5:21am On Oct 19, 2017
We presently have old long grain rice paddy for sale in large quantity of 30tons at
N135,000. per ton.
OR N16000. per bag.
OR N135. per Kg.
We are located in Makurdi, Benue state.
Price Negotiable.
O8O2229O364
Thank you
Re: Rice Farmers Meet Here by feran15(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
i found a research done on the feasibility of using nets as a from of protection on farms as compared to bird scaring and without any form of protection. I must admit that the research is old being performed in 2007. But what interests me is that they used local nets and it seemed to be cheap at the time(but of course it would probably be more expensive now). i'd like if you guys could check it out and discuss what you think.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjpkPTfk__WAhUEmBoKHby4CVQQFghDMAg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.propcommaikarfi.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F08%2F35-Demonstration-and-financial-Feasibility-of-the-use-of-nets-to-prevent-bird-damage-12-07-1.pdf&usg=AOvVaw2zqG2T5q6UbRB8A72PuN1M

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maize Farmers Only / My Maize Farming Adventure In Pictures / Poultry Workers Bury Eggs To Steal Them (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.