Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story - Islam for Muslims (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story (23409 Views)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by muhsin(m): 8:21am On Jul 27, 2014
drfk001: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide
The Bosnian genocide was a huge crime against humanity no doubt. But lemme point out some facts total number of those killed was around 9000 not more than 10000 like you quoted. Also although muslims make up a large percentage, Bosnian croats were also targeted. Some things to point out is this. The western world or you may call it the "Christian" world recognized it was a huge mistake and crime and as such have set up court systems to find and punish those involved. This is a huge difference to Muslim societies who brand those that kill those not belonging to their faith as holy fighters or martyrs if they blow up themselves OR "moderate Muslims" like you who live in delusion and is quick to deny them as not being Muslims just like you did with the ISIS forgetting that these muslim groups use the quran as a motivation for carrying out their evil acts

You have not responded to any of my questions. Yes, I agree the number was not more than 10,000. That's all.

Yet, again, tell me any Muslims' government that support systematic persecution of non-Muslims in this world as it happened in Bosnia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, etc.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by drfk001(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2014
muhsin:

You have not responded to any of my questions. Yes, I agree the number was not more than 10,000. That's all.

Yet, again, tell me any Muslims' government that support systematic persecution of non-Muslims in this world as it happened in Bosnia, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, etc.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians
you can check up this web page. it would answer all your questions. there's even something for Muslims too but I guess you are very imformed as per persecution of muslims
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 28, 2014
ssultana: Remind me what an eye for an eye does again....
lol bro. grin
its not yet 'an eye for an eye'
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2014
zalam: . During the era of muhammad (saw) there were millions of pagan when he returned back to Makkah and when spain was under ISLAMIC governance, and also india was governed by MUSLIM for several centuries and there were non-muslims around den as there z no compulsion to any religion what so ever. So bro ur post ain't true.
you are funny...

"india was under 'Islam governance' governed by '"Muslims"' yet you say no Muslim around then"
Or what did i miss
The Hindus in Indian are complaining about the xtians and Muslims
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by didibee: 1:10am On Jul 29, 2014
The reason why Muslims fight is becos they want to b a majority. They fight in areas where there is a mix of Islam and Christianity.

The agenda of Islam for Nigeria includes:

1. Being violent in d North n Central to dominate.

2. Making Islam appeal to the south-west hence u have mosques in Lagos that operate lk churches.

3. Winning d Igbos with cash.

I am afraid they missed the Niger Deltans who ain't easily swayed by cash.

As Christians we must wake up and begin to evangelize especially the south west Moslems. They are easily won if u make ur religion appealing.

These are d end times lets not repeat the mistake of the Turkish. Turkey was once a Christian nation.

We need missions more than we need cathedrals.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by kentozybee(m): 5:00pm On Jul 29, 2014
MrT2011:

That I should watch my utterances!

I decree unto You:- You will experience beheading by the Jihads- There in Hell you can come back and quote me. embarassed

Fool! embarassed
mess off
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by muhsin(m): 7:15am On Jul 30, 2014
didibee: The reason why Muslims fight is becos they want to b a majority. They fight in areas where there is a mix of Islam and Christianity.

The agenda of Islam for Nigeria includes:

1. Being violent in d North n Central to dominate.

2. Making Islam appeal to the south-west hence u have mosques in Lagos that operate lk churches.

3. Winning d Igbos with cash.

I am afraid they missed the Niger Deltans who ain't easily swayed by cash.

As Christians we must wake up and begin to evangelize especially the south west Moslems. They are easily won if u make ur religion appealing.

These are d end times lets not repeat the mistake of the Turkish. Turkey was once a Christian nation.

We need missions more than we need cathedrals.

You are so much misinformed. Did you listen to or read the news yesterday and throughout the last and this weeks? Who were the targets of 'Boko Haram'? In short, Boko Haram kills more Muslims than non-Muslims. Just last night, a suicide bomber detonated his bomb in a mosque in Yobe, killing several people. So, come up with something more subtle if you want a mature discussion.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Akindarchi(m): 7:01am On Aug 03, 2014
First off it seems a lot of people here are of the notion that terrorism is only terrorism when a religious motive is involved. That's not true. There aare a lot of acts that go on in the world that could fall under that word, but it seems that the media saves it exclusively for muslims. If a muslim kid goes to school with a gun and kills a bunch of students and teachers and shoots himself, he is a jihadist, but if the same scenario occurs to a non muslim, he was mentally unbalanced or had issues... secondly, I don't think most of you here that are claiming that muslims are intolerable really believe like you claim to believe that muslims are as you propose. Believe you me, if Islam was a intolerable religion, there are enough practising muslims to cause war all over the world. It's just the minute fragment of the muslims who have whatever reasons to be pissed that are causing all these wahala in conjunction with those enemies of Islam and/or humanity who just wanna spoil the image of Islam or sell their war products and stuffs. don't fall prey to any of the numerous agendas around by inciting more hatred. May God forgive me for whatever wrong I said and make whaat I wrote better understood by you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

An Open Letter To All Muslims / Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.