Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story (23408 Views)

The Difference Between A Muslim And A Mu'min (believer) / Joining The Bandwagon; Embracing The Single Story / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by eby001(m): 4:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: actually there r also more #violent' chapters in the bible...we shouldnt throw stones at others while we llive in glass buildings.

"I tell you that to everyone who has, more shall be given, but from the one who does not have, even what he does have shall be taken away. But these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them in my presence."(Luke 19:26-27)

LIAR HYPOCRITE BIGOT
why misinform the public because of your gullibility. the verse was used in parables luke19vs1-27 who is going to slay them? the lord
now if you deem it fit to prove your point quote luke19vs1-27
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
mistake but dont call me names...a true xtian wouldnt do that..apologies everyone

eby001:
LIAR HYPOCRITE BIGOT

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by drfk001(m): 4:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
tintingz: This verse are just talking about self defense.

there are verses that talk about Muslims living peace with those who don't attack them.
I guess the chibok girls attacked BH...SMH

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Chuksab: 4:43pm On Jul 25, 2014
Great write up!

Please correct me if I am wrong but I understand that a declaration of a holy jihad (Holy War) against the infidels of the world is in the Koran, which is a command to all Muslims and they, Muslims, are assured of a place in heaven.

Q1. Is there anything like a Holy Jihad (Holy War)?
Q2. Who are the targets of this war?
Q3. According to Islamic Teachings, who is an Infidel?

Thank you.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by eluquenson(m): 4:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
lastmessenger:
so who is to blame for straying in error?Allah or Human?
Follow your instinct
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by SporaD8: 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
tintingz: False .

Adolf Hitler wiping out the Jews is because the Jews killed the christian god so he(hitler) wanna revenge the god they(the jews) nailed on the cross, he fought a crusade .
its like claiming Fela Anikulapo is a Christian because he was once a choir member.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by eby001(m): 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2014
uzoexcel: mistake but dont call me names...a true xtian wouldnt do that..apologies everyone

Truce...... I'm sorry

But that verse has been quoted countless of time, you can get a bible hard copy or soft copy and read for yourself, drawn out something from the whole chapter.......stay bless

One thing is every religion tends to portray we against the world. Come to think of it, if you cannot love the man you see how can you claim to love God that you haven't seen

~you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free~
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Africaine(f): 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Abeg this na long story.

Fact of the matter is simple..the muslim religion is a volatile one,easily provoked and quick to act...simple.

It is left in the hands of the non voilent muslims to correct this notion.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tng(f): 5:21pm On Jul 25, 2014

There is nothing to correct. Only open minds see reason and yours is closed. Hating Islam and abusing or discriminating against Muslims wont stop true believers from being Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by uzoexcel(m): 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2014
thank u very much...nice one
eby001:

Truce...... I'm sorry

But that verse has been quoted countless of time, you can get a bible hard copy or soft copy and read for yourself, drawn out something from the whole chapter.......stay bless

One thing is every religion tends to portray we against the world. Come to think of it, if you cannot love the man you see how can you claim to love God that you haven't seen

~you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free~

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by InvertedHammer: 5:23pm On Jul 25, 2014
Person wey white cow pursue for night if he see white cloth for night go tear race.

Allah Akbar literally means God is great. But practically this otherwise praise chant is usually followed by an explosion of some sort.

So...who is fooling who?

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 5:24pm On Jul 25, 2014
omoharry:

BUT HITLER WAS DEFEATED BY PEOPLE FROM THE SAME RELIGION. HIS MADNESS WAS PUT TO AN END. IF ALL GOOD MUSLIMS TRY AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE TO PUT THESE EXTREMISM TO A HALT RATHER THAN PLAYING THE OSTRICH , I DONT THINK YOU WILL BE HERE TRYING TO CONVINCE THE WHOLE WORLD THAT ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE.
And who are the people that defeated Hitler? The Christians?

grin grin

madam go and read the fall of Hitler.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2014
drfk001:
I guess the chibok girls attacked BH...SMH
You should be more concern about the word bad guys.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by remsonik(f): 5:31pm On Jul 25, 2014
Shafiu1: . Keep calm and quit being a bastard
By their seeds you shall know them. Fool!!
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by tintingz(m): 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2014
SporaD8: its like claiming Fela Anikulapo is a Christian because he was once a choir member.
Hitler hate the Jews and killed many of them when he was a Christian even from his speech it is clear that he fought crusade.

now what I'm saying is...

the more you people keep tagging boko haram, alqaeda as Muslims fighting for Islam then we should also agree that Hitler killed for Christianity. smiley
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
tamertery: . Hey brother nfn to adress in dis matter, Allah, jehovah, Elohim, Lord vey all mean d same thing, which are all names of God in d difrent languages of difrent nations, nd lemi hint u on smfn, nd I beg u to go mk a research pleas abt it... Do u knw dat hebrew is related to arabic? Most of d words are d same just with difrent pronounciations and tounge... My own belive is that nfn like terrorism, to stare up violence ppl would go any lenght, if u really wana knw d truth abt islam... Then go mk research abt it, instead of beliving anythn d media throws out to ppl with ignorance who belive what de hear nd not try to find out if it is true or not, its easy 4 sm1 to slap u @ d back of d head den run away, leaving u to tink dat d pesn nxt u was d one dat slaped u, dat way h8 and fyt go strt, ol ds ish is politically driven nfn mor, jus lukn 4 religious sentiments to support dem das ol, so ol ds BH wahala na rituals in disguise... What's d use... Every1 is gona die sooner or l8r be it natural or by any other means,
For your information, nobody is talking about what the media tells anybody. We all have one way or the other, personally or through someone close to us, experienced the havoc caused through islam. So don't sit her and make comments as if we are in a land far away from all these happenings.

Besides, I studied Islamic Law in the University as an elective. I should be certain of what I say, shouldn't I?

And i'm surprised that you don't think that the perception people have about islam caused by your muslim brothers is a matter to address. You are part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by hafees: 5:48pm On Jul 25, 2014
kstyle2: Not all muslims are terrorists but all terrorists are muslims. Dats a fact. Proven and tested

VERY WRONG. I'm sure you don't know about IRA and other such organisations that have been labeled terrorist. Please research before displaying your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by bluedome(m): 6:00pm On Jul 25, 2014
May Allah bless the writer of this piece. So on point. The world knows the real terrorists. No amount of name-calling or abusive words will make us forsake our faith. WE ARE MUSLIMS AND WE ENJOIN THE WORLD TO COME TO THE RELIGION OF TRUTH. We stand for justice, peace and love. To all those who came here to incite hatred and violence we are sorry to disappoint u, we are civil and polite. Should u be willing to discuss with reason and common sense, u re heartily welcome.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Dhulqarnain(m): 6:38pm On Jul 25, 2014
omoharry:
HOW MANY SOULS HAVE U BLOWN UP?
My religion ddnt teach me to blow up people's souls.I dnt knw abt urs....

2 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by muhsin(m): 6:59pm On Jul 25, 2014
omoharry:

LIA.

Excerpt K 3:195 Set 13, Count 35":who fought and were slain...I will most certainly make them enter gardens beneath which rivers flow; a reward from Allah, and with Allah is yet better reward."

Excerpt K 4:089-091 ;Set 17, Count 43-45:[4.89] "...take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back [to their homes], then seize them and kill them wherever you find them... [4.90] Allah has not given you a way against them [Allah supposedly does not allow Muslims to fight people friendly to Muslims]. [4.91]...seize them and kill them wherever you find them..."

A RELIGION THAT FIGHT FOR ITS GOD INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY WAY.

Excerpt K 5:033 :Set 21, Count 54: "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned"

Excerpt K 9:029 :Set 38, Count 101:"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection"

MUSLIMS WHAT DO U SAY TO THIS. RELIGION OF PEACE INDEED

Did you really read the OP? You fall among those whom I say have sheer ignorance about the context and the background of Islam, so they spread falsehood. One of the ways is through simply quoting Qur'an out of context. I request you to go back to where you copied and pasted those verses, read the ones before and after them, then come back.

Lastly, there are similar verses in the Bible. Do you know that? Go and read Exodus 20:22. What does it say? Should I then copy and paste it and claim that Christianity condone killing of other faithful? No, unless if I want to misinform others, or engage in fruitless argument.

Thank you.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Emmydo360(m): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2014
Nyanya bomb blast suspect, Aminu
Sadiq Ogwuche who was recently
extradited from Sudan, and
currentlyanswering questions from
security operatives has said, he will
never beg for forgiveness because he did
the right thing by bombing
Nyanya motor park which led to the
death of over 70 people and left 120
injured.
Sadiq said if left alone he is willing to do
more. He said a lot of shocking things
which will make you wonder how a man
that once lived in a western world
could turn out to be who he is now. No
be me go use my hand type all his
negative beliefs. Find it as culled
(quotes) from National Daily after the
cut.
“I don’t deny that I am the executioner
of the Nyanya bomb incident. I did it in
order to draw government’s attention to
our demands. We want
our detained colleagues released and
compensation paid to those of our
colleagues who were killed by the
federal troops during operations. We
want Islamic rule in the whole of
northern Nigeria. Western education is a
sin against Allah. It’s time for dialogue
between government and Boko Haram
leaders for the way out of the deadlock,”
he was quoted as saying.
“The government must do something
now or the bombing will continue. There
is no regretting anything because we are
fighting a just cause to liberate our
people from western education and
religion,”
“Federal government has been trying
without success to wipe out Boko
Haram. They killed our leader,
Muhammed Yusuf and hundreds of
others yet we still exist. We are a force
to be recognized. You ignore us at your
own peril. We are particularly pained by
the killing of hundreds of our members
across the forest in northern part of the
country. Although we equally killed
federal troops, we will never forgive the
federal government for the incessant
killings. We are well armed to fight back
and we will never surrender.
Boko Haram is well funded and highly
equipped organization with capacity to
take over the whole country if it so
desires, he ranted.
“If I am left alone, I will still kill those
infidels who have refused to repent of
their sins against Allah. This is my
mission on earth. My mission is to wipe
out infidels from the face of the earth.
You call me bomb detonator, and I love
that. I am ready to kill again. In fact, I
enjoy killing people who are unbelievers;
those deceived by western education and
disobedient to Allah and his holy Koran.

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by muhsin(m): 7:08pm On Jul 25, 2014
geborenzie: i get your write up in encouraging muslims but muslims are very volatile take a look at boston bombing it was done by Muslims where millions of pple died also take a look at the n klling of two britain officers by two nigerian guys
mariam in sudan that was supposed to be killed because she became a christian if not for international outcry also the ISIS who want to circumcise 4 million children and women in the name of religion and the story of a muslim man in america i dont which part he killed a pregnant woman because he thought she was a prostitute, sure there are nice muslims but the crazy ones have overshadowed the nice and the media might be lieing but the media cannot be lieing all the time so wtf i have right right to look at you once,twice,thrice in case you want to harm may be you should try preaching to your muslims brothers about all these things than preaching to us and also tell them to stop practising honor killing a situation where the victim of rape is being killed thanks

I somewhat agree with you, but those volatile are not the majority, far from being so.

Muslims and Christians and other faithful live peacefully in many other countries and places. Don't just assume Muslims live only in Mosul, where the ISIS nitwits now tell them to convert, pay tax or be killed. What of U.A.E, Oman, Kuwait, Qatar, Turkey, Malaysia, Indonesia, Maldives, Comoros, Senegal, Morocco, etc? Do you hear about any crisis between the majority Muslims and the minority other faithful in these countries I have listed? You see. Even in the places where the conflicts rage, not everywhere it happens so. There's always media exaggeration when it involves Muslims.

I hope you understand me. Thank you.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by muhsin(m): 7:15pm On Jul 25, 2014
Emmydo360: Nyanya bomb blast suspect, Aminu
Sadiq Ogwuche who was recently
extradited from Sudan, and
currentlyanswering questions from
security operatives has said, he will
never beg for forgiveness because he did
the right thing by bombing
Nyanya motor park which led to the
death of over 70 people and left 120
injured.
Sadiq said if left alone he is willing to do
more. He said a lot of shocking things
which will make you wonder how a man
that once lived in a western world
could turn out to be who he is now. No
be me go use my hand type all his
negative beliefs. Find it as culled
(quotes) from National Daily after the
cut.
“I don’t deny that I am the executioner
of the Nyanya bomb incident. I did it in
order to draw government’s attention to
our demands. We want
our detained colleagues released and
compensation paid to those of our
colleagues who were killed by the
federal troops during operations. We
want Islamic rule in the whole of
northern Nigeria. Western education is a
sin against Allah. It’s time for dialogue
between government and Boko Haram
leaders for the way out of the deadlock,”
he was quoted as saying.
“The government must do something
now or the bombing will continue. There
is no regretting anything because we are
fighting a just cause to liberate our
people from western education and
religion,”
“Federal government has been trying
without success to wipe out Boko
Haram. They killed our leader,
Muhammed Yusuf and hundreds of
others yet we still exist. We are a force
to be recognized. You ignore us at your
own peril. We are particularly pained by
the killing of hundreds of our members
across the forest in northern part of the
country. Although we equally killed
federal troops, we will never forgive the
federal government for the incessant
killings. We are well armed to fight back
and we will never surrender.
Boko Haram is well funded and highly
equipped organization with capacity to
take over the whole country if it so
desires, he ranted.
“If I am left alone, I will still kill those
infidels who have refused to repent of
their sins against Allah. This is my
mission on earth. My mission is to wipe
out infidels from the face of the earth.
You call me bomb detonator, and I love
that. I am ready to kill again. In fact, I
enjoy killing people who are unbelievers;
those deceived by western education and
disobedient to Allah and his holy Koran.

I don't want to, as I can't, say he's guilty or otherwise. This is completely left to the security operatives in whose hands he's being held and later to the court of law, but this has no bearing with this OP unless and until you want to derail it. Anyway, let me further clarify:

1) The OP tellingly condemns the activities of Boko Haram.

2) He and his cohorts do not represent the Nigerian Muslims, not even to mention the 1.5b Muslims population worldwide

3) The attack killed as many Muslims as non-Muslims, I presume, as the bomb didn't filter the religious, or any, identity of its victims

4) So, what do you want to communicate by the post?

Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Blackfire(m): 7:16pm On Jul 25, 2014
[quote
author=san316]It happens everyday. I was in a bus in jos and a call
came in. I picked and said ''assalam alaikum'' and all eyes turn on me
and i was like ''kilo de''. May God nt make their actions discourage us
from being who we are.[/quote]

is arabic language better than yoruba language?
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by olumuyiolaoluwa: 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2014
tamertery: . Bros in ur bible story catoons, if u ever watched one that is, can u kindly explain d dress mode of mary mother of jesus Please, Is it not similar to what muslim girls wear now, no o asin bon, nobody holy pass we ol agree, dey myt put on dia hijab and stil fornicate some of them!!! Bt are they any difrnt frm choir girls that fornic8 too? Then again islam is a religion dat stop ppl frm carrying out dia dark desires, yes me nd u, bt hu wnts dat Nobody!!! Tel me hu wudnt go any lenght to paint d religion black? So the bad side of the religion would b hyped by the media to blind ppl like you nd d rest frm seeing d benefits and advantages of the religion... And without any thought any researchs u strt shoutn @ d top of ur voice things u r nt evn sure of, anyways, good or bad, nfn evr last 4 eva... Its just but a matter of tym... #temporaryworld
Bros I love dis, we r not talking of media here but what is happening presently Boss.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by olumuyiolaoluwa: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
tamertery: . Bros in ur bible story catoons, if u ever watched one that is, can u kindly explain d dress mode of mary mother of jesus Please, Is it not similar to what muslim girls wear now, no o asin bon, nobody holy pass we ol agree, dey myt put on dia hijab and stil fornicate some of them!!! Bt are they any difrnt frm choir girls that fornic8 too? Then again islam is a religion dat stop ppl frm carrying out dia dark desires, yes me nd u, bt hu wnts dat Nobody!!! Tel me hu wudnt go any lenght to paint d religion black? So the bad side of the religion would b hyped by the media to blind ppl like you nd d rest frm seeing d benefits and advantages of the religion... And without any thought any researchs u strt shoutn @ d top of ur voice things u r nt evn sure of, anyways, good or bad, nfn evr last 4 eva... Its just but a matter of tym... #temporaryworld
tnks Bro its not that the HI.JAB is BAD but wat am sayin is dat different pple with diff Ideology, U. Can jus b in in another man's land and u will want to impose dis HI.JAB stuff in their law or constitution dats wat I mean bro, Secondly I am not beclouded by the so call media I am talking base on what is happening presently Thanks .
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by simpleseyi: 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2014
san316: It happens everyday. I was in a bus in jos and a call came in. I picked and said ''assalam alaikum'' and all eyes turn on me and i was like ''kilo de''. May God nt make their actions discourage us from being who we are.

That is great. That is also why I love my names. My first name is an Islamic name while my surname is also an Islamic name; whenever and where ever I mention my names, infidels jitter and shiver. My names intimidates foolish and idiotic religious bigots. Church goers and other nonentities turn round to take a look at me while I just smile back mischievously and viciously grin. but true Christ followers are not discriminatory, so they see names as just names and accommodate everyone. My wife is a Christian and we are happy together unlike Pastor and ex-Mrs Chris Okotie.
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by kentozybee(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2014
MrT2011:

That I should watch my utterances!

I decree unto You:- You will experience beheading by the Jihads- There in Hell you can come back and quote me. embarassed

Fool! embarassed
crazy
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by simpleseyi: 8:20pm On Jul 25, 2014
omoharry:

LIA.

Excerpt K 3:195 Set 13, Count 35":who fought and were slain...I will most certainly make them enter gardens beneath which rivers flow; a reward from Allah, and with Allah is yet better reward."

Excerpt K 4:089-091 ;Set 17, Count 43-45:[4.89] "...take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back [to their homes], then seize them and kill them wherever you find them... [4.90] Allah has not given you a way against them [Allah supposedly does not allow Muslims to fight people friendly to Muslims]. [4.91]...seize them and kill them wherever you find them..."

A RELIGION THAT FIGHT FOR ITS GOD INSTEAD OF THE OTHER WAY WAY.

Excerpt K 5:033 :Set 21, Count 54: "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His apostle and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned"

Excerpt K 9:029 :Set 38, Count 101:"Fight those who do not believe in Allah...nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection"

MUSLIMS WHAT DO U SAY TO THIS. RELIGION OF PEACE INDEED

I am a Muslim. I don't care what you think about my religion. If you fight me, I will fight you. I no be gentleman like that. That is the summary of all you quoted above. The Jews fought very many wars in the Bible, more wars than the Arabians are fighting now.

1 Like

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2014
dytbabe: I am DYT, I am a MUSLIM and I am not a terrorist

True talk..

3 Likes

Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by SporaD8: 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
tintingz: Hitler hate the Jews and killed many of them when he was a Christian even from his speech it is clear that he fought crusade.

now what I'm saying is...

the more you people keep tagging boko haram, alqaeda as Muslims fighting for Islam then we should also agree that Hitler killed for Christianity. smiley

Mind you, Hitler was subdue by allied forces-Britain and America(your typical christian Nation). Besides Hitler is no longer a threat to world peace, Islamic fanaticism is!
If America were to declare war on any mid-eastern terrorist group Muslim worldwide will tag it Muslim against Christian; Federal Government declared total war against Bokoharam, Sultan and Northern Governors will tag it declaration of war against Muslims.
See now that no one called the terrorist Muslim, Its your fellow Muslim brothers that called them Muslims!
In conclusion, You are actually saying,"Islamic terrorism is not a problem after all Hitler(a supposed Christian) is also a culprit!"
Re: Being Muslim And The Danger Of A Single Story by 1Book(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2014
Africaine: Abeg this na long story.

Fact of the matter is simple..the muslim religion is a volatile one,easily provoked and quick to act...simple.

You are very wrong Sister? The fact is that, there are also Violent christains everywhere, even in my neighbourhood, just like in every religion.....Will you now call christainity a Violent religion? Pls, think before you talk so as not to give us fallacies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

An Open Letter To All Muslims / Marriage To Conjoined Twins From The Shari'ah Perspective / Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.