Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive (23382 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by jreyez(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
There's no point comparing lil Wayne to Eminem.... It should've been Nas and Eminem.... Lil Wayne is way out of line here.

13 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by nairaman66(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
Kanye West
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Jinyjagz(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
lil Wayne is gud but comparing im to Eminem is lyk comparing a king to a god...as 4 me sha nas is greatest mc I knw of...talking abt poet nd metaphor

5 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by tomiobj(m): 8:06pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd: With the release ofThe Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem declares himself a Rap God, featuring the King of Rap (Kendrick Lamar) on his album, and hoping to finally pass the torch ofthe rap game to a worthy predecessor. One can debate back and forth over whether Em or Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive, but, rather than waste any time debating semantics between these two self-proclaimed "God MCs," I'm declaring the greatest MC in the history of the game to be neither Em nor Jay. History will show that the existence of a God MC is irrelevant so long as there's life on Mars.People Love the Underdog...Eminem has complicated rhymes and rhythms. There's no denying the man knows how to put together a sentenceand spit it -- if complicated equated to musicality, however, why is"Yesterday" the most covered song in pop culture and not "Crazy Train," the fast-paced and just as classic track from Ozzy Osbourne? There's nodenying Eminem is a legendary MC anda great artist, but, while he may have seemed like the innovator in real time, looking back at his archive, the majority of his work doesn't hold up. His cartoony beats, dated pop culture references (who are Moby and Carson Daly, and why is Em mad at them?) and comical lyrics mostly fall flat. Eminem's problem is he blew up too quick -- so he never really had a chanceto mature as an artist.Lil Wayne, on the other hand, came up in the shadows of Juvenile, Manny Fresh, and Baby. Whereas Em was Aftermath's LeBron James, Weezy started as Cash Money's Allen Iverson. At best, Duane Carter was a sidekick, destined to VH1 reality and dating shows. Slim Shady is Vanilla Ice with credibility and skill; he's the Yankees, and he was supposed to win. Lil Wayne is a blinged out Southern rapper like any other. There's no reason he should still be relevant, but he is. All Marshall Mathers had to do in order to stick out was show up; Weezy had to work for his -- and that's real hip-hop.Less Is More...The career-defining single for each of emcee is Eminem's "Lose Yourself," an ode to the struggle of becoming a rapper, and Lil Wayne's "Lollipop," a song about sex. Both songs are approximately five minutes long, and Em fits about 50 percent more words in his song. Weezy's lyrics are much more repetitive, so Shady is essentially working twice as hard to produce the same effect. This certainly proves Marshall is talented and hard-working. It proves he can spit complicated rhyme patterns. But is that what makes a great song? By accomplishing the same thing (a number 1 single) with half the words, Tunechi proves he has a better grasp of lyricism than the Rap God.While word count seems like a wacky way to compare two lyricists, if we're calling someone the greatest rapper alive, it's an important consideration. Lyrics are words, and, as Twitter has proven time and time again, the less words you use to express a thought, the more appealing it is. Being able to express a concise thought on a subject is the mark of a genius, and doing it melodically is a sign of a musical prodigy -- both of which describe Lil Wayne.Content Marketing...Where most people adamantly take a stance on Eminem being great while LilWayne is "garbage" lies in Shady's subject matter -- "Em raps about reallife and real problems while Wayne just talks about money, drugs, and sex." I understand what is being said, but Marshall's lyrics focus on himself while Weezy's run the gamut of subject matter, from destruction (murder) to creation (sex) to everything in between. While Shady is a master of both horrorcore and emo-rap, Tunechi not only excels at both, but can also touch on a wide variety of subjectsEminem does rap about drugs ("Drug Ballad," anyone?), guns ("Pistol Pistol"wink, and sex ("Superman"wink just like Lil Wayne, but Mr. Carter is able to touch on one universal subject that Mr. Mathers still struggles with, eveninto his 40s...How to Love. Slim is incapable of writing a love song that Justin Bieber could legitimately pull off. The sign of a truly classic song is in its ability to be covered by artists from different generations, and Lil Wayne's discography will stand the test of time longer than Eminem's because compassion is what truly lasts. Em is incapable of expressing compassion without betraying his image. Weezy can release an entire album of love songs; Shady can't.A Goon to a Goblin...Relatability is an important consideration when determining an artist's "star power," and Eminem is much more relatable than Lil Wayne on the surface. Em is an every man who everyone can relate to on some level, while Tunechi is subtitled in his interviews. Aside from having a recognizable face, Slim dresses, looks, and acts like everyone else on the streets (albeit a bit more amped up). He could be anyone's son, neighbor, father, brother, etc. If you showed up to work looking like Weezy, on the other hand, you're going to be fired, and probably arrested. Lil Wayne is a Martian, and if it weren't for music, he wouldn't fit in anywhere.Unfortunately for Em, star power doesn't equate to being the best MC, and his relatability is only skin deep. People may get angry and want to kill themselves or someone else in their head every so often, but a large portion of his portfolio is angry. Basically, Eminem is a really good battle rapper, which is one of the moreclassical styles of hip-hop. Lil Wayne, however, pushes the sonic boundaries of the game to new levels. Both"Lollipop" and "How to Love" take hip-hop to levels that Shady is incapable of pulling off. Weezy is talented in any musical genre; Marshall Mathers is not.The Real Slim Shady...Unlike the classic debate over 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. being the greatest MC ever, both Lil Wayne and Eminem are still very much in the game and cranking out hits, with each artist sitting on discographies of over 1000 tracks. As long as Em outlives Wayne (and, unless Weezy shares genes with Keith Richards, it's a definite possibility), Shady will have the last word. He still has a chance to release aunique album that breaks his formulaic approach to music. Eminem could possibly test the boundaries of rap in an unexpected way.That day may never come, however, and until it does, Lil Wayne is the undisputed greatest living MC
. Wo. Ur story is too long. Lil Wayne ko Wayne rooney ni. Wizkhalifa and nas r bera than Lil wayne

4 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by biggmusty(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2014
Em is gud no doubt bt I prefer wayne
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by memebreak(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd: With the release ofThe Marshall Mathers LP 2, Eminem declares himself a Rap God, featuring the King of Rap (Kendrick Lamar) on his album, and hoping to finally pass the torch ofthe rap game to a worthy predecessor. One can debate back and forth over whether Em or Jay-Z is the greatest rapper alive, but, rather than waste any time debating semantics between these two self-proclaimed "God MCs," I'm declaring the greatest MC in the history of the game to be neither Em nor Jay. History will show that the existence of a God MC is irrelevant so long as there's life on Mars.People Love the Underdog...Eminem has complicated rhymes and rhythms. There's no denying the man knows how to put together a sentenceand spit it -- if complicated equated to musicality, however, why is"Yesterday" the most covered song in pop culture and not "Crazy Train," the fast-paced and just as classic track from Ozzy Osbourne? There's nodenying Eminem is a legendary MC anda great artist, but, while he may have seemed like the innovator in real time, looking back at his archive, the majority of his work doesn't hold up. His cartoony beats, dated pop culture references (who are Moby and Carson Daly, and why is Em mad at them?) and comical lyrics mostly fall flat. Eminem's problem is he blew up too quick -- so he never really had a chanceto mature as an artist.Lil Wayne, on the other hand, came up in the shadows of Juvenile, Manny Fresh, and Baby. Whereas Em was Aftermath's LeBron James, Weezy started as Cash Money's Allen Iverson. At best, Duane Carter was a sidekick, destined to VH1 reality and dating shows. Slim Shady is Vanilla Ice with credibility and skill; he's the Yankees, and he was supposed to win. Lil Wayne is a blinged out Southern rapper like any other. There's no reason he should still be relevant, but he is. All Marshall Mathers had to do in order to stick out was show up; Weezy had to work for his -- and that's real hip-hop.Less Is More...The career-defining single for each of emcee is Eminem's "Lose Yourself," an ode to the struggle of becoming a rapper, and Lil Wayne's "Lollipop," a song about sex. Both songs are approximately five minutes long, and Em fits about 50 percent more words in his song. Weezy's lyrics are much more repetitive, so Shady is essentially working twice as hard to produce the same effect. This certainly proves Marshall is talented and hard-working. It proves he can spit complicated rhyme patterns. But is that what makes a great song? By accomplishing the same thing (a number 1 single) with half the words, Tunechi proves he has a better grasp of lyricism than the Rap God.While word count seems like a wacky way to compare two lyricists, if we're calling someone the greatest rapper alive, it's an important consideration. Lyrics are words, and, as Twitter has proven time and time again, the less words you use to express a thought, the more appealing it is. Being able to express a concise thought on a subject is the mark of a genius, and doing it melodically is a sign of a musical prodigy -- both of which describe Lil Wayne.Content Marketing...Where most people adamantly take a stance on Eminem being great while LilWayne is "garbage" lies in Shady's subject matter -- "Em raps about reallife and real problems while Wayne just talks about money, drugs, and sex." I understand what is being said, but Marshall's lyrics focus on himself while Weezy's run the gamut of subject matter, from destruction (murder) to creation (sex) to everything in between. While Shady is a master of both horrorcore and emo-rap, Tunechi not only excels at both, but can also touch on a wide variety of subjectsEminem does rap about drugs ("Drug Ballad," anyone?), guns ("Pistol Pistol"wink, and sex ("Superman"wink just like Lil Wayne, but Mr. Carter is able to touch on one universal subject that Mr. Mathers still struggles with, eveninto his 40s...How to Love. Slim is incapable of writing a love song that Justin Bieber could legitimately pull off. The sign of a truly classic song is in its ability to be covered by artists from different generations, and Lil Wayne's discography will stand the test of time longer than Eminem's because compassion is what truly lasts. Em is incapable of expressing compassion without betraying his image. Weezy can release an entire album of love songs; Shady can't.A Goon to a Goblin...Relatability is an important consideration when determining an artist's "star power," and Eminem is much more relatable than Lil Wayne on the surface. Em is an every man who everyone can relate to on some level, while Tunechi is subtitled in his interviews. Aside from having a recognizable face, Slim dresses, looks, and acts like everyone else on the streets (albeit a bit more amped up). He could be anyone's son, neighbor, father, brother, etc. If you showed up to work looking like Weezy, on the other hand, you're going to be fired, and probably arrested. Lil Wayne is a Martian, and if it weren't for music, he wouldn't fit in anywhere.Unfortunately for Em, star power doesn't equate to being the best MC, and his relatability is only skin deep. People may get angry and want to kill themselves or someone else in their head every so often, but a large portion of his portfolio is angry. Basically, Eminem is a really good battle rapper, which is one of the moreclassical styles of hip-hop. Lil Wayne, however, pushes the sonic boundaries of the game to new levels. Both"Lollipop" and "How to Love" take hip-hop to levels that Shady is incapable of pulling off. Weezy is talented in any musical genre; Marshall Mathers is not.The Real Slim Shady...Unlike the classic debate over 2Pac or Notorious B.I.G. being the greatest MC ever, both Lil Wayne and Eminem are still very much in the game and cranking out hits, with each artist sitting on discographies of over 1000 tracks. As long as Em outlives Wayne (and, unless Weezy shares genes with Keith Richards, it's a definite possibility), Shady will have the last word. He still has a chance to release aunique album that breaks his formulaic approach to music. Eminem could possibly test the boundaries of rap in an unexpected way.That day may never come, however, and until it does, Lil Wayne is the undisputed greatest living MC

I don't think so..
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
To those that disagree with op:
If you hating then you need some_pussy!
tongue

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by encryptjay(m): 8:08pm On Jul 20, 2014
Eminem will slaughter Wayne.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by pontirock(m): 8:09pm On Jul 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Jinyjagz(m): 8:11pm On Jul 20, 2014
fijiano202: This guy dont know shiit abt music.Nas is thousand miles ahead of Lil wayne.i wonder how u made FP with 9 comments..Person-know-person tinz
..tell am Jor, nas is d best Mc so far...
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by memebreak(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
infoscope:

A post this lengthy without a paragraph? Are you high on rap??

Maybe na copy and paste self... grin
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Always loved his rap
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by dennismukoro(m): 8:12pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lil wayne The Greatest Rapper Alive. Shady old Rhyme. Check Mirror on the wall

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by herald9: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
I feel So mad about this thread... I could explode...

Wtf should Lil Wayne be the greatest MC...
Do you even know what an MC is?

Please enjoy your wacky music quietly and stop posting annoying craps...

You should be talking about Eminem passing the torch to J.Cole ...not otherwise...

I don't hate Lil Wayne...i dislike him!

9 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Isiterere(m): 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
I will disagree till thy kingdom come
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 20, 2014
metorichmond: It is PHYNO anytime men, lilwayne ni bigwayne ko!

Phyno anD Jesse Jagz and Dagrin and M.I
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by passionate88: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Op, try listen to "No Love" and "Pick the World"?:.. Eminem murdered Lil Wayne in both songs

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
When OLAMIDE (Badoo) neva die
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by kendrick93(m): 8:16pm On Jul 20, 2014
Someone pls tell me i'm dreaming.. Slim shady is being compared to wayne.. Op wat are u smoking?

5 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by SoullyBaba(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
Dey both good rhymers n witty with deir lyrics. I tink it comes 2 Em more naturally dan Wayne. Bt I root 4 MCs who can giv me references, make me do a research or 2; Nas. I dnt bother abt MCs who do not read books. Hip Hip is Knowledge

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by uzoexcel(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2014

uzolexis:

It's not about writing how 2 make it,have you cooked it yourself before
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by dljbd1(m): 8:17pm On Jul 20, 2014
freshness2020: I think Vladimir Putin will know this!
Wtin concern Putin for this talk
.u b aboki
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by lilbazy(m): 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
Lilwayne rocks!!! Go listen to 6foot7foot,lollipop,A millie,how to love,I like the view,1000degrees hot,etc

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
"The Way I Am" Whatever...
Dre, just let it run Aiyyo turn the beat up a little bit Aiyyo... this song is for anyone... Bleep it Just shut up and listen, aiyyo...
I sit back with this pack of Zig Zags and this bag
Of this weed it gives me the shit needed
to be The most meanest MC on this - on this Earth
And since birth I've been cursed with this curse
to just curse And just blurt this berserk and bizarre shit that works
And it sells and it helps in itself to relieve All this tension dispensing these sentences Getting this stress that's been eating me recently off of this chest And I rest again peacefully (peacefully)... But at least have the decency in you To leave me alone, when you freaks see me out In the streets when I'm eating or feeding my daughter Do not come and speak to me (speak to me)... I don't know you and no, I don't owe you a motherfucking thing I'm not Mr. N'Sync, I'm not what your friends think I'm not Mr. Friendly, I can be a prick If you tick me my tank is on empty (is on empty) ... No patience is in me and if you offend me I'm lifting you 10 feet (lifting you 10 feet)... in the air I don't care who was there and who saw me destroy you Go call you a lawyer, file you a lawsuit I'll smile in the courtroom and buy you a wardrobe I'm tired of all you (of all you)... I don't mean to be mean but that's all I can be is just me [Chorus:] And I am, whatever you say I am If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am Radio won't even play my jam 'Cause I am, whatever you say I am If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am I don't know it's just the way I am Sometimes I just feel like my father, I hate to be bothered With all of this nonsense it's constant And, "Oh, it's his lyrical content - - the song 'Guilty Conscience' has gotten such rotten responses" And all of this controversy circles me And it seems like the media immediately Points a finger at me (finger at me)... So I point one back at 'em, but not the index or pinkie Or the ring or the thumb, it's the one you put up When you don't give a Bleep, when you won't just put up With the bullshit they pull, 'cause they full of shit too When a dude's getting bullied and shoots up his school And they blame it on Marilyn (on Marilyn)... and the heroin Where were the parents at? And look where it's at Middle America, now it's a tragedy Now it's so sad to see, an upper class city Having this happening (this happening)... Then attack Eminem 'cause I rap this way (rap this way)... But I'm glad 'cause they feed me the fuel that I need for the fire To burn and it's burning and I have returned [Chorus:] And I am, whatever you say I am If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am Radio won't even play my jam 'Cause I am, whatever you say I am If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am I don't know it's just the way I am I'm so sick and tired of being admired That I wish that I would just die or get fired And dropped from my label, let's stop with the fables I'm not gonna be able to top on "My Name is... " And pigeon-holed into some pop-py sensation That got me rotation at rock'n'roll stations And I just do not got the patience (got the patience)... To deal with these cocky Caucasians who think I'm some wigger who just tries to be black 'cause I talk With an accent, and grab on my balls, so they always keep asking The same fucking questions (fucking questions)... What school did I go to, what hood I grew up in The why, the who what when, the where, and the how 'Til I'm grabbing my hair and I'm tearing it out 'Cause they driving me crazy (driving me crazy)... I can't take it I'm racing, I'm pacing, I stand and I sit And I'm thankful for every fan that I get But I can't take a shit, in the bathroom Without someone standing by it No I won't sign your autograph You can call me an asshole I'm glad [Chorus:] 'Cause I am, whatever you say I am If I wasn't, then why would I say I am?
In the paper, the news everyday I am I don't know it's just the way I am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 20, 2014
memebreak:

I don't think so..

U had to quotE just to write this? Chai! I told Dr. Adewale not to release you from the psychiatric...I told him but he refused...now look. grin. •••21÷3?

5 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by memebreak(m): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2014
I don't think so but he's good too
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Simply High on weed shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by brainzdh(m): 8:20pm On Jul 20, 2014
Eminem = Messi (Just talent)

Lil Wayne = Ronaldo (Talent plus immense hardwork).

#TeamRonaldo
#TeamLilTunechi

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 20, 2014
dennismukoro: Lil wayne The Greatest Rapper Alive. Shady old Rhyme. Check Mirror on the wall
Mirror? Sorry, We love rap music. we dont listen to blues.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.