Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,318 members, 7,836,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive - Music/Radio (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive (23414 Views)

American Rap Artiste, Lil Wayne Is Dead? / Am I The Only Person That Thinks little Wayne Is So Overrated. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by itachileemy(m): 11:29pm On Jul 20, 2014
i'm supposed to be the soldier who neva blows his composure. .so i'll just ignore you cry
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by valboy20(m): 11:31pm On Jul 20, 2014
I entered when the heat was down.. judging from the comments, lotta nairalanders including the OP listens to radio hits and billboard shiitts only.
the real niggas who listen to real shiits knew tunechi or whatever he's called to be garbage.

referencing the realest MCs alive, tunechi ain't even in the top 5 cadre, dude got his a's's owned the last time he stepped on a Tech n9ne track (most of ya never heard of tech)

immortal technique, Nas, tech n9ne, Eminem, Aesop rock, common etc will fucckk tunechi a's's any day, anytime and anywhere

@OP, listen to more of underground rap instead of mainstream trash you listen everyday. you'll start to see lil' Wayne as a puppet when you go underground

3 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by itachileemy(m): 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd:

the typical eminem reta**rded stans..making empty statements instead of backing it up with facts!!#
i'm supposed to be the soldier who neva blows his composure. .so i'll just ignore you cry
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Mhudi: 11:32pm On Jul 20, 2014
Tupac was and still the best rapper of all time. Listen to Hit'em up and you'll understand what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by kpolli(m): 11:35pm On Jul 20, 2014
Is this thread a joke?
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
valboy20: I entered when the heat was down.. judging from the comments, lotta nairalanders including the OP listens to radio hits and billboard shiitts only.
the real niggas who listen to real shiits knew tunechi or whatever he's called to be garbage.

referencing the realest MCs alive, tunechi ain't even in the top 5 cadre, dude got his a's's owned the last time he stepped on a Tech n9ne track (most of ya never heard of tech)

immortal technique, Nas, tech n9ne, Eminem, Aesop rock, common etc will fucckk tunechi a's's any day, anytime and anywhere

@OP, listen to more of underground rap instead of mainstream trash you listen everyday. you'll start to see lil' Wayne as a puppet when you go underground

i actually know tech n9ne and respect him,,he had d*pe verses on Carter IV..ion have his album tho.. see what he has to say about lil wayne tho..far from garbage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNSX_uH96Bg
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by simiolu1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 20, 2014
bankydd:

sorry..I think you misunderstood me... my overall point is

Wayne makes better albums
he has better albums
he has more albums
he has more music
and is more enjoyable .
Just cos U say it don't mean it's a fact or truth... It's ur opinion & is VERY different from mine.
I guess U should read d replies so far & count d "votes" and pick who wins.
What's ur criteria for judging d "better" MC? Music acceptance, artiste longevity, no of albums/mixtapes, awards, lyrics, punchlines?
Finally, to crown Lil Wayne as the MC King? Who does that?
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
And y`all should check what your favorite rappers have to say about lil wayne finally... and see who has the better opinion

http://www.lilwaynehq.com/compliments/
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2014
Where tha Bleep Is Erriga when need him?

#don't snatch the mic from him

Still lov him dough!!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by chupcake(m): 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2014
First off, you have to know the definition of MC and Rapper to be able to compare both artiste. Wayne is an 'all rounder', not every rapper can drop a rock album (Still waitinon B.o.B) and it will be dope (Eminem was on that album). Wayne is a workaholic, I remember the year where everyone wanted him on their joint buh comparing them both is like comparing Mode 9 and Reminise... It might be a bit cynical to use that as example but Slim is on another level entirely. If anyone alive ever doubted him, the single 'Rap God' single handedly crusshed all doubts. He isn't just a rapper, he is a master of words and does whatever he wants with it. He writes songs that everyone can relate to and bro comparing Lose Yourself (The oscar winning song) to lollipop has to be the craziest thing I've heard all year. Wayne is a great rapper and entertains well buh when you talk about MC, Even Royce is a better MC.

4 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by chupcake(m): 12:00am On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

I like MMLP2..but it's more poppy than rap..it's not a pure rap album..even em admitted to this.. I enjoyed it tho.. relapse,recovery and encore was Shit tho..You heard those ones..I bet you haven't

Relapse and Encore is poo, Touche, my 12yr old sister knows that.. Recovery, the best selling album of 2010 (Not sure Adele's 21 Overtook it) is poo!!? Bro, Really... With more that 5 grammy nods? *sigh*, I give up..!!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 12:03am On Jul 21, 2014
chupcake:

Relapse and Encore is poo, Touche, my 12yr old sister knows that.. Recovery, the best selling album of 2010 (Not sure Adele's 21 Overtook it) is poo!!? Bro, Really... With more that 5 grammy nods? *sigh*, I give up..!!

For your info both encore and recovery won numerous grammy awards..so you`ve contradicted yourself,, grammies dont mean shit!!! (last year when k.dot was robbed blatantly so dont go down that route bro
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Lanrefreshkid: 12:05am On Jul 21, 2014
r u joking?
i never for once thought of lil wayne being an emcee.
sensor most of his tracks and all u listen to his beat and u tag him an emcee?
i think he is t-paining too much, he realy needs to get back to rap.

comparing em and tunechi is like comparing messi to mikel lol, em has been in the game for long and still relevant.

i think wayne belongs to 2chainz,trinidad james, juicy j and the likes class where they rap crap, brag about money and makes it sound good with the help of auto tune.u cant even listen to his song when u r down. mtcheew

when u talk about em names like jay,fitty,nas,rakim and the likes crop to ur mind.. who d f**k is tunechi?
i would rather listen to jcole,lamar,macklemore and even reminisce or show dem camp lol
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Vicotex(m): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2014
kulkatty: grin grin grin na so we see am o
wtf so u do watch nardo! Anyway KENDRICK LAMAR is better than TUNECHI take it or leave it, i'm no a hater of lilwayne i ve have his full catalog in my flash and am still downloading more of em, when kendrick murdered bunch of rappers in a single (Control) in including Jay-Z, has wayne ever done anything like that in hia whole life time? On the other hand Slim shady is a RAPBOT sittin on top of HipHop, we should be doing comparison with Eminen vs Nas, EMINEM vs Kanye west. etc
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 12:07am On Jul 21, 2014

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by chupcake(m): 12:16am On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

For your info both encore and recovery won numerous grammy awards..so you`ve contradicted yourself,, grammies dont mean shit!!! (last year when k.dot was robbed blatantly so dont go down that route bro
Bro, get your facts right. Encore didn't win any grammy and relapse won just one.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by 4C2215131: 12:28am On Jul 21, 2014
fijiano202: This guy dont know shiit abt music.Nas is thousand miles ahead of Lil wayne.i wonder how u made FP with 9 comments..Person-know-person tinz

True that! Mods really aren't up to scratch in this forum. Not all though. The OP needs to do some more research about hip-hop. The art of rhyming, slanging and stuff. The OP needs initiation into "the temple of hip-hop".

Lil wayne, greatest MC alive...nigga please!

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by teblu(m): 12:34am On Jul 21, 2014
Just listen to all the tracks they both featured in and you will see how Shady killed it. Shady murdered all the songs, and you want to compare Lil wayne with Eminem ?

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by JigsawKillah(m): 12:38am On Jul 21, 2014
If u had said Nas Vs Eminem, i Woulda said kool
if u had said Nas Vs Rakim, i for really think
Jigga Vs Em, i for say u try
Jigga Vs Nas, i for clap for u
K.Dot Vs Hopsin, hmmmm u no too much
but Lil Wayne vs Em? Compare that guy with Justin Bieber na
i go even pick Dustbin Bieber sef than Lil Trashy

SAW

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by bankydd(m): 12:49am On Jul 21, 2014
chupcake:
Bro, get your facts right. Encore didn't win any grammy and relapse won just one.

That don't change the fact that Grammy awards don't mean Shit!!! How many Grammy awards does nas have..and he's widely regarded as one of the best rappers ever..
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by dohyn(m): 12:57am On Jul 21, 2014
Comparing Eminem and Lil Wayne is like comparing a Rolls Royce with a Toyota. Lil Wayne doesn't even come close to DMX, who is my own favourite rapper of all time.

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by chupcake(m): 4:27am On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

That don't change the fact that Grammy awards don't mean Shit!!! How many Grammy awards does nas have..and he's widely regarded as one of the best rappers ever..

Maybe you don't like Em, cos for me recovery is a classic. Maybe cos it came of the back of a bad album.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by SimplySEA(m): 4:58am On Jul 21, 2014
armadeo: Marshal marthers, M'n'M, Eminem is the G.O.A.T. greatest of all time. Man there aint no comparism.

Check out no love lil Wayne spits lyrics but em set fire to da mic.
even Wayne was surprised with the fire . He would say "s#it' at the end every line by em....!

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by M4gunners: 4:59am On Jul 21, 2014
feran14: Dont really care bout all this shiiit i just want to listen to good music..
I,m in ur Team.Good Music and nothing else.
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by hemor(m): 5:19am On Jul 21, 2014
both Lil Wayne and Eminem are better than Jay Z but they are no where close to being the best rapper alive. av u forgotten that DMX and JA RULE are still alive?
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by sentaljohn(m): 7:25am On Jul 21, 2014
fijiano202: This guy dont know shiit abt music.Nas is thousand miles ahead of Lil wayne.i wonder how u made FP with 9 comments..Person-know-person tinz
Nas is one of the greats, but don't compare him with weezy...compare Nas to Jay-z, Baby(birdman) and co
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Fayrouzz(m): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2014
Lil Wayne?? Greatest mc alive??
OP what do you smoke over there??
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2014
This OP is high on goat shit..I like Lil Wayne's music.he has good beats and his lyrics are inspirational and awesome when he wants them to be but to compare him with Eminem is total madness.
Lil Wayne raps mostly about 3 things:Women,Money and Drugs which makes the theme of his music repetitive and rather boring.It's only the beat that makes it worth listening to
As my friend would say and I concur with him:Lil Wayne's music is for little boys; Eminem's music is for Real Men

2 Likes

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by DahtDopeBoi(m): 7:36am On Jul 21, 2014
bankydd:

I bet you haven't even listened to Carter 3.. it's no doubt he has fallen off..but listened to half of his discography and you'll reason with me
Bro I still Have Carter 1-3 drought. I'm not a human being etc Used to be a chronic Weezy fan until he lost it to me but I still dey feel him word plays sha
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by DahtDopeBoi(m): 7:41am On Jul 21, 2014
sentaljohn:
Nas is one of the greats, but don't compare him with weezy...compare Nas to Jay-z, Baby(birdman) and co
pls don't bring up Birdman when Nas is mentioned smiley and Jay Z sef knw say Nas na Baba for him side... Ether was murder!
Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by sexzskil(f): 7:53am On Jul 21, 2014
I hereby proclaim 2 Pac Omari Shakur the greatest MC in the history of hip hop. With the authority bestowed on me, i now declare Tunechi the most prolific lyricist in the history of rap music. Take a chill pill and go listen to his lyrics in Drop The World, I Feel Like Dying, John, President Carter, Pvssy Money weed, Prom Queen, God Bless America, Blooded, Mirror,etc,etc. You can't just sit down in one place and start criticising him badly due to his over indulgence in s*ex, money and weed matters. Lil wayne's words tourch all aspects of life, while Slim Shady doesn't come up to half of that. I agree, he is a better rapper than Lil Wayne but the only 2 artists who can measure up in term of lyrics are Nas and Rakim. Shady may be a rap god, but Tunechi is the God of lyrics, his words are out of this world. Wayne's persona, dress style set him out of the pack; they support every form of his own life, struggle, distress he has lived, sang and rapped about. Sometimes he uses themes such as sex as an allegory of life and spirituality(i.e,pvssy, money, weed).

Moreover Wayne had been in the game long before Shady. Wayne active 1991-present, Slim active 1995-present. The only thing the former didn't gat to survive in limelight in that era, since 91 he got signed to Baby's Cash Money Republic was STAR POWER. Eminem gat more star power

Tunech is the greatest lyricist of all time however good Eminem is in rapping

1 Like

Re: Sorry, Slim, But Lil Wayne Is The Greatest MC Alive by xtervaganza(m): 8:09am On Jul 21, 2014
While I'll agree with you that lil Wayne is great, he does not come close to Eminem.

Eminem is a rap beast.....one of the greatest ever

And one more thing, during America's hip hop peak years early 90s to early 2000s lil Wayne would never be relevant if he came out then

Who would lil Wayne compete with in the 90s and early 2000s? Nas? Jay z? 2pac? Biggie? Fiddy? Diddy?

Lil Wayne is overrated. No 90s or early 2000 hip hop fan will rate that guy much

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Musicians You Will Love To See / Beyoncé 'The Lion King: The Gift' (Track List) Release Date July 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.