Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) (10697 Views)

Will God Burn Man His Creature In Hell Fire? / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2014
shdemidemi:

Of course they did.. The caveat was for them to believe Jesus was the messiah and they sure did.

I was about dropping a big statement but I would rather keep it lightweight so I don't trouble waters.
Ok you should understand also that God gave the covenant to Abraham by promise....the abrahamic covenant continue to this day,it is the mosaic covenant which was broken and superseded.Paul emphasized the distinctiveness of the Abrahamic covenant from the Mosaic when he wrote to the galatians.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 5:37pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bidam: Ok you should understand also that God gave the covenant to Abraham by promise....the abrahamic covenant continue to this day,it is the mosaic covenant which was broken and superseded.Paul emphasized the distinctiveness of the Abrahamic covenant from the Mosaic when he wrote to the galatians.

Bro, I don't think I get what you are driving at, please make it clearer.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 22, 2014
shdemidemi:

Bro, I don't think I get what you are driving at, please make it clearer.
The beneficiaries of the Abrahamic covenant is first to the jews then the gentiles.The package o the covenant is both physical and spiritual
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bidam: The beneficiaries of the Abrahamic covenant is first to the jews then the gentiles.The package o the covenant is both physical and spiritual

I agree with the statement completely...

But the Jews had no part in the spiritual 'package' through lineage, they had to come through Christ like the Gentiles would, to benefit from that seed of Abraham(Jesus).
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
shdemidemi:

I agree with the statement completely...

But the Jews had no part in the spiritual 'package' through lineage, they had to come through Christ like the Gentiles would, to benefit from that seed of Abraham(Jesus).
Look deeply the jews had a spiritual package.They were just stubborn stiffnecked and rebellious
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
Bidam: Look deeply the jews had a spiritual package.They were just stubborn stiffnecked and rebellious

We are saying the same thing..

Their spiritual package was locked in Christ but they refused it, hence we(Gentiles) got what they sought so earnestly....

As a nation, they are far from being God's spiritual people. The only privilege they enjoy remains earthly.

Romans 10:21
21 But concerning Israel he says,

“All day long I have held out my hands
to a disobedient and obstinate people.”[l]
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 1:45am On Jul 23, 2014
Bidam: Ok you should understand also that God gave the covenant to Abraham by promise....the abrahamic covenant continue to this day,it is the mosaic covenant which was broken and superseded.Paul emphasized the distinctiveness of the Abrahamic covenant from the Mosaic when he wrote to the galatians.

Na wa for this clumsy somersaulting. Or maybe you don't actually know or have not actually read the Covenant with Abraham from the bible. Forget what the pamphlet that you read said. The Abrahamic Covenant was very simple.

God would make Abraham very fertile and he would have many children.

Those children will live in the land of Canaan and it shall be theirs.

That's God's side of the bargain. The side of the bargain of Abraham's descendants is that they must circumcise their foreskin.

FULL STOP.

Now you are right that the Abrahamic covenant continues to this day. Abraham had many descendants amongst whom we count the Jews and the Arabs.

They inhabit the land formerly called Canaan.

They kept their side of the bargain because they are circumcised, both Jew and Arab.

FULL STOP.

Since that time, no race in the world has been able to take over the Levant and inhabit it. The closest were the Crusaders (I think it was the first crusade) who were uncircumcised europeans. They were driven out.

It would appear that up until today the Abrahamic covenant still stands.

Genesis 17 Common English Bible (CEB)

God’s covenant with Abraham
17 When Abram was 99 years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am El Shaddai.[a] Walk with me and be trustworthy. 2 I will make a covenant between us and I will give you many, many descendants.” 3 Abram fell on his face, and God said to him, 4 “But me, my covenant is with you; you will be the ancestor of many nations. 5 And because I have made you the ancestor of many nations, your name will no longer be Abram[b] but Abraham.[c] 6 I will make you very fertile. I will produce nations from you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will set up my covenant with you and your descendants after you in every generation as an enduring covenant. I will be your God and your descendants’ God after you. 8 I will give you and your descendants the land in which you are immigrants, the whole land of Canaan, as an enduring possession. And I will be their God.”

9 God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants in every generation. 10 This is my covenant that you and your descendants must keep: Circumcise every male. 11 You must circumcise the flesh of your foreskins, and it will be a symbol of the covenant between us. 12 On the eighth day after birth, every male in every generation must be circumcised, including those who are not your own children: those born in your household and those purchased with silver from foreigners. 13 Be sure you circumcise those born in your household and those purchased with your silver. Your flesh will embody my covenant as an enduring covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male whose flesh of his foreskin remains uncircumcised will be cut off from his people. He has broken my covenant.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 2:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Anomnity:

You are also fully aware that the terrorists began these provocations
by killing three innocent Israel youths & went ahead to fire rockets into Israel civilian areas when Israel retaliated against Hamas & not against civilians.

Your hypocrisy will expose you.

Research your facts well. Start with studying Zionism. What were their objectives. Check out these quotes from one of the founders of Zionism.

“If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?”
nam123

David Ben-Gurion quotes (Polish born Israeli Statesman and Prime Minister (1948-53, 1955-63). Chief architect of the state of Israel and revered as Father of the Nation, 1886-1973)

Everybody sees a difficulty in the question of relations between Arabs and Jews. But not everybody sees that there is no solution to this question. No solution! There is a gulf, and nothing can bridge it… We, as a nation, want this country to be ours; the Arabs, as a nation, want this country to be theirs.
Written statement (June 1919), as quoted in Time magazine (24 July 2006)

"A partial Jewish State is not the end, but only the beginning. ... I am certain that we well not be prevented from settling in the other parts of the country, either by mutual agreements with our Arab neighbors or by some other means. . . [If the Arabs refuse] we shall have to speak to them in another language. But we shall only have another language if we have a state." - Bear in mind that this was said before Israel was even created. So they already had violence in their minds from the very start.

But the fighting is only one aspect of the conflict which is in its essence a political one. And politically we are the aggressors and they defend themselves. Militarily, it is we who are on the defensive who have the upper hand but in the political sphere they are superior. The land, the villages, the mountains, the roads are in their hands. The country is theirs, because they inhabit it, whereas we want to come here and settle down, and in their view we want to take away from them their country, while we are still outside.

Read more here: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 2:53am On Jul 23, 2014
PastorAIO:

Na wa for this clumsy somersaulting. Or maybe you don't actually know or have not actually read the Covenant with Abraham from the bible. Forget what the pamphlet that you read said. The Abrahamic Covenant was very simple.

God would make Abraham very fertile and he would have many children.

Those children will live in the land of Canaan and it shall be theirs.

That's God's side of the bargain. The side of the bargain of Abraham's descendants is that they must circumcise their foreskin.

FULL STOP.

Now you are right that the Abrahamic covenant continues to this day. Abraham had many descendants amongst whom we count the Jews and the Arabs.

They inhabit the land formerly called Canaan.

They kept their side of the bargain because they are circumcised, both Jew and Arab.

FULL STOP.

Since that time, no race in the world has been able to take over the Levant and inhabit it. The closest were the Crusaders (I think it was the first crusade) who were uncircumcised europeans. They were driven out.

It would appear that up until today the Abrahamic covenant still stands.

Genesis 17 Common English Bible (CEB)

God’s covenant with Abraham
17 When Abram was 99 years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, “I am El Shaddai.[a] Walk with me and be trustworthy. 2 I will make a covenant between us and I will give you many, many descendants.” 3 Abram fell on his face, and God said to him, 4 “But me, my covenant is with you; you will be the ancestor of many nations. 5 And because I have made you the ancestor of many nations, your name will no longer be Abram[b] but Abraham.[c] 6 I will make you very fertile. I will produce nations from you, and kings will come from you. 7 I will set up my covenant with you and your descendants after you in every generation as an enduring covenant. I will be your God and your descendants’ God after you. 8 I will give you and your descendants the land in which you are immigrants, the whole land of Canaan, as an enduring possession. And I will be their God.”

9 God said to Abraham, “As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants in every generation. 10 This is my covenant that you and your descendants must keep: Circumcise every male. 11 You must circumcise the flesh of your foreskins, and it will be a symbol of the covenant between us. 12 On the eighth day after birth, every male in every generation must be circumcised, including those who are not your own children: those born in your household and those purchased with silver from foreigners. 13 Be sure you circumcise those born in your household and those purchased with your silver. Your flesh will embody my covenant as an enduring covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male whose flesh of his foreskin remains uncircumcised will be cut off from his people. He has broken my covenant.
I would have ignored this post but for other viewers who are sincere seekers of truth and might be mislead by your error here i would clarify.Though failure to be circumcised is said to constitute breaking the covenant and ONLY the individual MALE would be cut off and excluded from participation in the promises, nowhere in the bible did it say that individual failure could nullify the UNCONDITIONAL NATURE of the covenant with other descendants of Abraham and this is where the gentiles come in by Faith in Christ. If you wanna argue this you can take it up with Apostle Paul in Romans 4.

Since you are neither a christian nor a lover of Pauline epistles you can read up Gal 3:16, Gal 3:8-9, Gal3:29 to understand what me and shdemidemi are talking about.
The gentiles are not bound by an external law of circumcision to inherit the promises of Abraham. It came through Christ. Full Stop.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 3:17am On Jul 23, 2014
Bidam: I would have ignored this post but for other viewers who are sincere seekers of truth and might be mislead by your error here i would clarify.Though failure to be circumcised is said to constitute breaking the covenant and ONLY the individual MALE would be cut off and excluded from participation in the promises, nowhere in the bible did it say that individual failure could nullify the UNCONDITIONAL NATURE of the covenant with other descendants of Abraham and this is where the gentiles come in by Faith in Christ. If you wanna argue this you can take it up with Apostle Paul in Romans 4.

Since you are neither a christian nor a lover of Pauline epistles you can read up Gal 3:16, Gal 3:8-9, Gal3:29 to understand what me and shdemidemi are talking about.
The gentiles are not bound by an external law of circumcision to inherit the promises of Abraham. It came through Christ. Full Stop.

And you have missed the hard historical fact which forms the backbone of my post.

God's side of the covenant was to make Abraham fertile and to give the land of Canaan to his descendants.

The Historical Fact is that NO UNCIRCUMCISED PERSON HAS EVER POSSESSED THE LAND FORMERLY KNOWN AS CANAAN AS AN INHERITANCE.

You can somersault all you want but if you believe the abrahamic covenant and it's promise then you will see that it has been fulfilled even up until this present day.

You can yab me all you want and say I am not a christian or a lover of Paul's epistles but that does not change the historical fact that the only people that inhabit Canaan are descendants of Abraham who are circumcised.

I don't need to read any of your passages from Paul... UNLESS ... it addresses your claim that God's promise to Abraham had nothing to do with the inheritance of the Land formerly known as Canaan, and that such inheritance was independed of circumcision.

If you can provide a verse that contradicts this claim that I've made then I'll accept after you cross one more hurdle. The last hurdle will be to then explain how come till today no uncircumcised people in history have settled successfully in the land.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 3:33am On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

You are a clear example of religious hypocrisy gone mad and yet YOU have the gall to call me a hypocrite.

Imagine if you were living in your village and someone came to lay claim to it and forced you out based on some 1000 year ancestral right from God, you mean you will accept it ??

The Bible says we should love our enemies and bless those who curse us, you are clearly in rebellion against this scripture because not only do you support Israel retaliating which in a small measure can be excused as self defence, but you support their bombing of highly dense human habitats with the resultant collateral of hundreds of lives including children and women. But hey who cares , they are not God's chosen people, so kill them all, no ? Tell me , if your wife or child was among the dead, how will you feel ? Do you know there are also Christians in these areas who are being killed as well.

Go and meditate on the following scripture :

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. " - Matt 5:9

SMH

Well i'd like to know how much of a peacemaker you are the next time France decides to spend their time lobbing bombs indiscriminately at London. I'm very sure you won't respond. Afterall you're a man of "peace".

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 3:37am On Jul 23, 2014
striktlymi: Israel's action is overtly very excessive but for those who condemn their actions in the strongest possible term: what exactly do you want them to do when faced with an headstrong people like themselves?

You mean its "very excessive" in comparison to America's response to 9-11? Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Iraq... even the Nigerian military response to the Odi killings? I'm at a loss as to what these PC crowd expect Israel to do? Its easy to criticize from the comfort of your high chair. Lucky you, you dont have to download an app to remind you of the next hamas rocket heading your way.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 4:15am On Jul 23, 2014
PastorAIO:

And you have missed the hard historical fact which forms the backbone of my post.
I didn't, you clearly do not understand what me and shdemidemi were discussing, you jumped in on our conversation.
God's side of the covenant was to make Abraham fertile and to give the land of Canaan to his descendants.
That wasn't the only part of the bargain. There was a bigger picture which includes Christ and this is where you erred, you accused me of not reading the bible and copying from a pamphlet when you yourself clearly do not know nor understand the nature of the Abrahamic covenant.
The Historical Fact is that NO UNCIRCUMCISED PERSON HAS EVER POSSESSED THE LAND FORMERLY KNOWN AS CANAAN AS AN INHERITANCE.
I am not interested in your history lessons but what is stated clearly in the Bible. You only talked about land while the The Abrahamic covenant comprised of A. Land B. Seed and C. Blessing.
You can somersault all you want but if you believe the abrahamic covenant and it's promise then you will see that it has been fulfilled even up until this present day.
You can also be ignorant all you want i already quoted bible verses for you to read and be liberated which you stubbornly refused to do so.
You can yab me all you want and say I am not a christian or a lover of Paul's epistles but that does not change the historical fact that the only people that inhabit Canaan are descendants of Abraham who are circumcised.
So you were oblivious of the fact that you called my post a "clumsy somersault and a pamphlet read" abi? Who is yabing who here? Talk about double standard and hypocrisy.SMH!
I don't need to read any of your passages from Paul... UNLESS ... it addresses your claim that God's promise to Abraham had nothing to do with the inheritance of the Land formerly known as Canaan, and that such inheritance was independed of circumcision.
You need to read it and be free from ignorance which you have in gigantic proportions.
If you can provide a verse that contradicts this claim that I've made then I'll accept after you cross one more hurdle. The last hurdle will be to then explain how come till today no uncircumcised people in history have settled successfully in the land.
I don't need to. The Abrahamic covenant is foundational to ALL of scripture. It is key to both old and new testaments and is foundational to the whole program of redemption. The christians are not interested in a land mass and neither am i interested in arguing land with you here which wasn't what me and shdemidemi were talking about before you BOSSED in on my post.Abraham's obedience and relationship with God by Faith before he was even circumscised is the point here and scripture records that through Abraham All the families of the Earth( not canaan which you hinged your arguement upon) shall be blessed. The earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof, we christians are looking forward to a city whose builder and maker is God.

And scripture has told me that if i belong to Christ then i am Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise( Gal.3:29).I believe the Holy Spirit and Apostle paul here than your lies and history lessons.

Scripture foresaw that God would justify the gentiles by faith and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: ALL NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED THROUGH YOU. SO THOSE WHO HAVE FAITH ARE BLESSED ALONG WITH ABRAHAM, THE MAN OF FAITH( Gal3:8-9). I believe apostle Paul and the Holy Spirit here than your lies and history lessons.

.....so then he is the father of ALL who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also walked in the footsteps that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised...( Romans 4:11b-12) and lastly i'd rather believe the Holy Spirit and apostle Paul in all these verses i quoted than you lies and history lessons. Cheers!
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by MrAnony1(m): 6:41am On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel: Fellow Christians, will you continue to support Gods so called chosen people as they inflict terrible suffering and death on the Palestinians ?
Very compelling pictures. Please while pushing your propaganda, don't leave out the fact that Hamas use children as human shields by firing their missiles from civilian areas instead of military bases.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by TheBigUrban2: 7:38am On Jul 23, 2014
Isreal is a disgrace

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 23, 2014
davidylan:

Well i'd like to know how much of a peacemaker you are the next time France decides to spend their time lobbing bombs indiscriminately at London. I'm very sure you won't respond. Afterall you're a man of "peace".

and why would they do that ?

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 23, 2014
MrAnony1:
Very compelling pictures. Please while pushing your propaganda, don't leave out the fact that Hamas use children as human shields by firing their missiles from civilian areas instead of military bases.

Propaganda as if I am a Palestinian activist ! Smh.

Pal, I am against violence on both sides but if you want to justify the bombing of homes etc, then check your heart again to confirm if Jesus is still in it.

smiley
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

and why would they do that ?

What an excellent question? It's not like the palestinians just woke up one morning and decide to start bombing Israelis. even the founding fathers of Israel knew it would happen and understood why.

“If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?”
nam123

David Ben-Gurion quotes (Polish born Israeli Statesman and Prime Minister (1948-53, 1955-63). Chief architect of the state of Israel and revered as Father of the Nation, 1886-1973)

"A partial Jewish State is not the end, but only the beginning. ... I am certain that we well not be prevented from settling in the other parts of the country, either by mutual agreements with our Arab neighbors or by some other means. . . [If the Arabs refuse] we shall have to speak to them in another language. But we shall only have another language if we have a state."
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 11:52am On Jul 23, 2014
Bidam: I didn't, you clearly do not understand what me and shdemidemi were discussing, you jumped in on our conversation.
That wasn't the only part of the bargain. There was a bigger picture which includes Christ and this is where you erred, you accused me of not reading the bible and copying from a pamphlet when you yourself clearly do not know nor understand the nature of the Abrahamic covenant.
I am not interested in your history lessons but what is stated clearly in the Bible. You only talked about land while the The Abrahamic covenant comprised of A. Land B. Seed and C. Blessing.
You can also be ignorant all you want i already quoted bible verses for you to read and be liberated which you stubbornly refused to do so.
So you were oblivious of the fact that you called my post a "clumsy somersault and a pamphlet read" abi? Who is yabing who here? Talk about double standard and hypocrisy.SMH!
You need to read it and be free from ignorance which you have in gigantic proportions.
I don't need to. The Abrahamic covenant is foundational to ALL of scripture. It is key to both old and new testaments and is foundational to the whole program of redemption. The christians are not interested in a land mass and neither am i interested in arguing land with you here which wasn't what me and shdemidemi were talking about before you BOSSED in on my post.Abraham's obedience and relationship with God by Faith before he was even circumscised is the point here and scripture records that through Abraham All the families of the Earth( not canaan which you hinged your arguement upon) shall be blessed. The earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof, we christians are looking forward to a city whose builder and maker is God.

And scripture has told me that if i belong to Christ then i am Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise( Gal.3:29).I believe the Holy Spirit and Apostle paul here than your lies and history lessons.

Scripture foresaw that God would justify the gentiles by faith and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: ALL NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED THROUGH YOU. SO THOSE WHO HAVE FAITH ARE BLESSED ALONG WITH ABRAHAM, THE MAN OF FAITH( Gal3:8-9). I believe apostle Paul and the Holy Spirit here than your lies and history lessons.

.....so then he is the father of ALL who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them. And he is also the father of the circumcised who not only are circumcised but who also walked in the footsteps that our father Abraham had before he was circumcised...( Romans 4:11b-12) and lastly i'd rather believe the Holy Spirit and apostle Paul in all these verses i quoted than you lies and history lessons. Cheers!

No wahala. I'm satisfied that you are unable to address any of the points I made. History is now lies.

You can keep yabbing all you want. And continue to somersault your kuru kere somersaulting.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2014
davidylan:

You mean its "very excessive" in comparison to America's response to 9-11? Syria, Libya, Pakistan, Iraq... even the Nigerian military response to the Odi killings?

Let me get something straight. Are you saying that a wrong doing would be okay when it is compared with another wrong?

davidylan:
I'm at a loss as to what these PC crowd expect Israel to do?

undecided

davidylan:
Its easy to criticize from the comfort of your high chair. Lucky you, you dont have to download an app to remind you of the next hamas rocket heading your way.

I guess you are finding it hot in the discomfort of your low chair expecting the next live missile from Hamas? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by nep2ra(m): 1:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
This is where the world's major religions get it wrong.

The 'God' that exists is not the exclusive reserve of one race or people.

This is the root of the religious problems we face. There is no Jewish God, Arab God, Hindu God e.t.c

My refusal to NEVER lay claim to a Jewish 'God' or be connected to a Jewish heritage is what made me drop Christianity.

Enjoy your day folks

2 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 1:46pm On Jul 23, 2014
striktlymi:

Let me get something straight. Are you saying that a wrong doing would be okay when it is compared with another wrong?

undecided

I guess you are finding it hot in the discomfort of your low chair expecting the next live missile from Hamas? undecided

grin grin grin

This guy, you are giving me some serious giggles here. I'm loving your rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 2:02pm On Jul 23, 2014
nep2ra: This is where the world's major religions get it wrong.

This is the root of the religious problems we face. There is no Jewish God, Arab God, Hindu God e.t.c

My refusal to NEVER lay claim to a Jewish 'God' or be connected to a Jewish heritage is what made me drop Christianity.

Enjoy your day folks

If I may ask, what other God do you subscribe to at the moment since the Jewish God don't seem to cut it for you?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by nep2ra(m): 2:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi:

If I may ask, what other God do you subscribe to at the moment since the Jewish God don't seem to cut it for you?

Thank you for your question.

I do not subscribe to any particular 'God'. When I look at the wonders of the Universe and everything around me, I believe there is a Supreme Being(s) behind everything. The Universe(including parallel universes, if they exist) did not come about on its own. SomeThing or Someone would have caused it/them to be. This is the beginning of my quest into reaching out to a Higher One.

It is a disastrous mistake to look up religious texts, however ancient, to seek for Truth because Man's attempt to understand and explain the Unknown only leads to the religious chaos we see today.

If God exists (which I believe He/She does), then reaching out to Him/Her shouldn't be difficult. If He/She made created me and all that we see around, why should it be difficult for Him/Her to respond to my search for Truth without going through any religious intermediary?

3 Likes

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2014
^^ thanks for the response bro

What I gathered from the above is someone wanting to see or hear God before believing He is the true God... Am I right with this?
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by nep2ra(m): 3:32pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi: ^^ thanks for the response bro

What I gathered from the above is someone wanting to see or hear God before believing He is the true God[/b]... Am I right with this?

[b] You are very much welcome brother.

What I am saying is that since I believe there is a/there are Higher Power(s), then I proceed to communicate with this Higher Power(s) in a way that I find suitable.

The highlighted is what causes religious bickering and chaos. Most religions lay claim to the True God and in doing so, rubbish the claims of other religions.

I assume you believe your way (Christianity) is the only way to the True God.

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by mployer(m): 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2014
frosbel:

Propaganda as if I am a Palestinian activist ! Smh.

Pal, I am against violence on both sides but if you want to justify the bombing of homes etc, then check your heart again to confirm if Jesus is still in it.

smiley

Nawah oo,

So I don't have Christ in me if I kill in self defence?
People should start preaching what they practice.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2014
I don't think I chose christianity cos i was born into a christian family..... if anything, being from a christian family was one thing i hated the most, growing up. Although, I won't deny the influence my family had on me which raised the quest and hunger to know what the fuss was all about.

I was a true renegade until I had personal encounters that needed something more than what my physical strength or know how could solve. I decided to visit all sorts of churches as long as they had church written on their walls. My initial intention was how to solve my personal problems, but I became more hungry for God as times went by than the solution to my problems.

After checking a few churches, i got to a place where God was taught like He should be taught. I realised the edge christianity has over any other religion that is around, be it judaism, Islam etc.

Christianity painted me as who i really am- wicked and evil and how I can never meet the perfect standard of God. It explains how God Himself had to redeem me from death and condemnation by paying a price that demanded Him to be beaten, spat on, rejected, disgraced and killed by those He created.

I do not see a place for rancor or wars in christianity cos it humbles me so much that I would love to adhere to any law of this God that did so much for my soul.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by mployer(m): 4:42pm On Jul 23, 2014
nep2ra: This is where the world's major religions get it wrong.

Enjoy your day folks

You were never a christian, you only thought you were.
In the midst of many gods, God has to define Himself. He called Himself 'God of Abraham'
He is not the God of your forefathers. Your forefathers worshipped idols.
Its unfortunate bro
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by mployer(m): 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi: I don't think I chose christianity cos i was born into a christian family..... if anything, being from a christian family was one thing i hated the most, growing up. Although, I won't deny the influence my family had on me which raised the quest and hunger to know what the fuss was all about.

I was a true renegade until I had personal encounters that needed something more than what my physical strength or know how could solve. I decided to visit all sorts of churches as long as they had church written on their walls. My initial intention was how to solve my personal problems, but I became more hungry for God as times went by than the solution to my problems.

After checking a few churches, i got to a place where God was taught like He should be taught. I realised the edge christianity has over any other religion that is around, be it judaism, Islam etc.

Christianity painted me as who i really am- wicked and evil and how I can never meet the perfect standard of God. It explains how God Himself had to redeem me from death and condemnation by paying a price that demanded Him to be beaten, spat on, rejected, disgraced and killed by those He created.

I do not see a place for rancor or wars in christianity cos it humbles me so much that I would love to adhere to any law of this God that did so much for my soul.

So inspiring smiley

I noticed most of the atheist that claim they were once christians were simply born in christian homes and think that's all it takes to be a christian.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by nep2ra(m): 5:00pm On Jul 23, 2014
shdemidemi: I don't think I chose christianity cos i was born into a christian family..... if anything, being from a christian family was one thing i hated the most, growing up. Although, I won't deny the influence my family had on me which raised the quest and hunger to know what the fuss was all about.

...and this is how you found your personal enlightenment. Other people can tell more inspiring stories of what made them choose their path. I have a female Latvian friend who never believed in the concept of 'God' or the need to. A former boyfriend tried to convert her to Christianity but she didn't feel at ease with Christianity. Now she claims to have found peace in Islam and wholeheartedly worships Allah which such admirable fervor. She would defend Islam as being the only true Religion and tell anyone who cares to listen that her way is the right way to God. This is the path she chose. You can't tell me there is no substance to her belief.

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by shdemidemi(m): 5:19pm On Jul 23, 2014
nep2ra:

...and this is how you found your personal enlightenment. Other people can tell more inspiring stories of what made them choose their path. I have a female Latvian friend who never believed in the concept of 'God' or the need to. A former boyfriend tried to convert her to Christianity but she didn't feel at ease with Christianity. Now she claims to have found peace in Islam and wholeheartedly worships Allah which such admirable fervor. She would defend Islam as being the only true Religion and tell anyone who cares to listen that her way is the right way to God. This is the path she chose. You can't tell me there is no substance to her belief.

Peace be to her.... That isn't the end of her life, she might soon realise the truth.

All I am trying to project is the cutting edge in this faith.... All other religion demand you to work to be saved, only Christianity offer repentance or work as as a result of God's goodness.

I am not being good today to make heaven, I am good because I realise a good God saved me the way I am- bad, rotten, disgusting, wicked, greedy, selfish..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dramatic Construction Of Muslim's Response To Reading "The People Vs Muhammad" / The Jet Controversy By Tony Rapu. / Be Wise As 'serpents'. Really? But Satan is the 'Serpent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.