Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) (10695 Views)

Will God Burn Man His Creature In Hell Fire? / What Will God Gain By Throwing Sinners In Hell Fire? / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Empiree: 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2014
VivaLaFrans: I think Hamas is the cause of all these. But, why is every nation afraid of Israel? They can attack Israel and defeat the small nation, but it seems they are scared of God's wrath.

Onus on you if you think Palestinians started this. Anyways, it's not about countries afraid of Israel or God's wrath. It's about strategic predicament. I have no time explaining anything to you. Go and study ilm Akhir zamman or Islamic eschatology. You will get the clear picture of the situation. Your questions like why West backs Israel good or bad, why Arab nations cant defend their fellow palestinian arabs etc. This are detailed in eschatology.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by JesusisLord85: 8:07pm On Aug 05, 2014
JMAN05:

1. Short lesson on the history of Israel and Judah. Solomon sinned, and it was prophesied (yes, the [true] prophets are always right)
that the Kingdom would be split into two. Judah (the Southern Kingdom), and a Northern Kingdom centred in Samaria (Ephraim was the leading tribe). In reality, Judah included Benjamin and some Levites.

2. 722 BC God divorced the northern Kingdom (10 tribes) of Israel for their idolatry and allowed them to be carried into captivity in Assyria.

3. 586 BC Judah also went into captivity into Babylon. After 70 years in captivity, Judah was able to return to Israel and rebuild the temple

4. Jeremiah was among the Jews during their captivity. When he speaks of Jews, you can be sure he was talking about Judah. The Northern Kingdom were carried off well over a hundred years previous. Therefore, you quote above is redundant. Let's move on.

The point I want to prove is that the word "Jew" was later used a synonym of "Hebrew".

You ve not responded to my main point, just the same way you left my former point about Gal 3:28. Even though I wrote it in bold letters, you still left it and chose what you like. Are Greeks part of the Northern tribe too? Is Titus and Timothy part of the Northern tribe too? Remember that I am not interested in convincing you to believe, but the truth is glaring.

1. Israel was one (made up of 12 tribes)
2. Prophecy was to those in covenant
3. By time it came to pass only Judah was a nation, Ephraim ceased to exist [as a nation]. Period

I will touch upon the bolded as the rest is repetitive crap.
Greeks related to Jews (some would be some remnants of scattered northern tribes. Of course, you can't carry a whole people without some slipping through the net.

Acts 2:5 "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven".

Ok, so we have Jews, from all nations. Yes, many lived abroad.
Now what happened with these people. You won't know too much because you ignore Maccabees, you know, the bit before the NT.

2 Maccabees 6:6-9 " Neither was it lawful for a man to keep sabbath days or ancient fasts, or to profess himself at all to be a Jew.

7 And in the day of the king's birth every month they were brought by bitter constraint to eat of the sacrifices; and when the fast of Bacchus was kept, the Jews were compelled to go in procession to Bacchus, carrying ivy.

8 Moreover there went out a decree to the neighbour cities of the heathen, by the suggestion of Ptolemee, against the Jews, that they should observe the same fashions, and be partakers of their sacrifices:

9 And whoso would not conform themselves to the manners of the Gentiles should be put to death. Then might a man have seen the present misery.

There is your answer in bolded.

Concerning the rest of your confusion, I may return to straighten it out. But again, a lot of it is repetitive hogwash.

Keep the law. It is the duty of man. Not my words, but that of the Most High

Shalom
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by PastorAIO: 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2014
Weselion:

Okay i agree but please explain this http://www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Palestinian_rocket_attacks_on_Israel,_2014.

Palestine has fired over 3055 rocket bomb into isreal just from january to july alone, Nobody complained, Isreal retaliate, everybody is complaining.

Palestine know isreal is stronger but they keep on looking for trouble, Isreal kept quiet till late July. Even countries that are not as powerful as isreal would have retaliated since. Just imagine one rocket bomb is sent from Nigeria to Russia, what do you think would happen immediately?

I don't need to explain anything. Someone asked how the conflict started this time around and I told them that it is over the death of 3 kids and there was no proof that the palestinians had anything to do with it.

If you want to start dragging the entire history of the conflict into it then we should go back to 1947 when Israel was formed. But that's not even the subject of this thread although you are free to open a thread on that issue.

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2014
JesusisLord85:

1. Israel was one (made up of 12 tribes)
2. Prophecy was to those in covenant
3. By time it came to pass only Judah was a nation, Ephraim ceased to exist [as a nation]. Period

I will touch upon the bolded as the rest is repetitive crap.
Greeks related to Jews (some would be some remnants of scattered northern tribes. Of course, you can't carry a whole people without some slipping through the net.

Acts 2:5 "And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven".

Ok, so we have Jews, from all nations. Yes, many lived abroad.
Now what happened with these people. You won't know too much because you ignore Maccabees, you know, the bit before the NT.

2 Maccabees 6:6-9 " Neither was it lawful for a man to keep sabbath days or ancient fasts, or to profess himself at all to be a Jew.

7 And in the day of the king's birth every month they were brought by bitter constraint to eat of the sacrifices; and when the fast of Bacchus was kept, the Jews were compelled to go in procession to Bacchus, carrying ivy.

8 Moreover there went out a decree to the neighbour cities of the heathen, by the suggestion of Ptolemee, against the Jews, that they should observe the same fashions, and be partakers of their sacrifices:

9 And whoso would not conform themselves to the manners of the Gentiles should be put to death. Then might a man have seen the present misery.

There is your answer in bolded.

Concerning the rest of your confusion, I may return to straighten it out. But again, a lot of it is repetitive hogwash.

Keep the law. It is the duty of man. Not my words, but that of the Most High

Shalom

until you respond to the rest of my posts. Honestly, it is too bad to know that your head is empty and yet you brag. Your situation is pathetic. So Timothy and Titus must be Israelites of the Northern tribe? You need a neurological doctor seriously.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by JesusisLord85: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2014
JMAN05:

until you respond to the rest of my posts. Honestly, it is too bad to know that your head is empty and yet you brag. Your situation is pathetic. So Timothy and Titus must be Israelites of the Northern tribe? You need a neurological doctor seriously.

Olodo. Look out for my thread I am writing about cornelius. One of your dumb Christian brothers inspired me to shed light. In there you will see scripture. Keep opening your mouth offering the sacrifice of fools. Ye ought to sit and listen
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 06, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Olodo. Look out for my thread I am writing about cornelius. One of your dumb Christian brothers inspired me to shed light. In there you will see scripture. Keep opening your mouth offering the sacrifice of fools. Ye ought to sit and listen

Ok, lets live it like that. Live with your error. seems you love it.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by JesusisLord85: 10:01am On Aug 06, 2014
JMAN05:

Ok, lets live it like that. Live with your error. seems you love it.

Sharrap. Go read my thread, in it you will see scriptures that further support Ephraim is being brought back together. NOT that it had already been achieved while before the Messiah arrived on the scene.
https://www.nairaland.com/1844692/cornelius-acts-10-hebrew-heathen

1 Like

Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2014
JesusisLord85:

Sharrap. Go read my thread, in it you will see scriptures that further support Ephraim is being brought back together. NOT that it had already been achieved while before the Messiah arrived on the scene.
https://www.nairaland.com/1844692/cornelius-acts-10-hebrew-heathen

You ve not responded to my earlier post as promised.

Whom Cornelius may have been is known from secular sources obtained by Archaeologists. I give you an excerpt:

CORNELIUS

"...belonged to the Cornelii, a noble and distinguished family at Rome. He is reckoned by Julian the Apostate as one of the few persons of distinction who embraced Christianity. His station in society will appear upon considering that the Roman soldiers were divided into legions, each legion into ten cohorts, each cohort into three bands, and each band into two centuries or hundreds; and that Cornelius was a commander of one of these centuries belonging to the Italic band, so called from its consisting chiefly of Italian soldiers, formed out of one of the six cohorts granted to the procurators of Judaea, five of which cohorts were stationed at Cesarea, the usual residence of the procurators (Jahn, Biblische Archaologie, 2:215, Wien, 1824).

So Scholars are aware he isn't an Israelite of the Northern tribe with evidence. Like I said, you honestly know nothing, but your pride is a big disadvantage you ve got.

There are different understanding by erudite bible Scholars of how he got to fear God, and none of these opine he is of the Northern tribe. You know more than scholars I guess. Pride pride....

But, its best I leave you with the gaffe. So that you can go on exposing your lil knowledge here.
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by JesusisLord85: 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2014
JMAN05:

You ve not responded to my earlier post as promised.

Whom Cornelius may have been is known from secular sources obtained by Archaeologists. I give you an excerpt:

CORNELIUS

"...belonged to the Cornelii, a noble and distinguished family at Rome. He is reckoned by Julian the Apostate as one of the few persons of distinction who embraced Christianity. His station in society will appear upon considering that the Roman soldiers were divided into legions, each legion into ten cohorts, each cohort into three bands, and each band into two centuries or hundreds; and that Cornelius was a commander of one of these centuries belonging to the Italic band, so called from its consisting chiefly of Italian soldiers, formed out of one of the six cohorts granted to the procurators of Judaea, five of which cohorts were stationed at Cesarea, the usual residence of the procurators (Jahn, Biblische Archaologie, 2:215, Wien, 1824).

So Scholars are aware he isn't an Israelite of the Northern tribe with evidence. Like I said, you honestly know nothing, but your pride is a big disadvantage you ve got.

There are different understanding by erudite bible Scholars of how he got to fear God, and none of these opine he is of the Northern tribe. You know more than scholars I guess. Pride pride....

But, its best I leave you with the gaffe. So that you can go on exposing your lil knowledge here.

Dumb as anything. I give you scripture, not to mention my whole thread on it. You want to quote what some white guy wrote.
Be there. Only one third of Israel shall enter the Kingdom (the scripture there doesn't even mention your christo-edomite band). The rest shall perish. Choose which you will be.

Shalom
Re: Will God's Chosen People Do This ? ( Graphic ) by patut(m): 11:06pm On Aug 06, 2014
Pls what is the latest on this Ebola virus in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dramatic Construction Of Muslim's Response To Reading "The People Vs Muhammad" / I Keep Seeing Myself In My Secondary School,in My Dreams / The Jet Controversy By Tony Rapu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.