Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles (40455 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Nigerian Players In South African League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by MadCow1: 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
barnabasj:
Abiodun Baruwa should also be on the list messup when Nigeria playing against Yugloslavia in a friendly matvh ahead of World Cup qualifier. He was surpose to be Nigeria No 1 goalkeepee to world cup france 98.

You no be today pikin to remember Baruwa and that Yugoslavia match.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by nonjebose(m): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
MadCow1: Abbey George.. -

Abbey was not a flop

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by gebest: 8:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
HARUNA NKOR
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by nonjebose(m): 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
DrWise: Friday Ekpo and Reuben Agboola
Agboola was not a flop
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by MadCow1: 8:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
fuckyouhard: why is aiyegbeni not in the list? at least for his memorable one on one. . .sorry one on post miss grin grin

The dude had one bad day.. But remains one of Nigerias best strikers of recent times.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by nonjebose(m): 8:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Smartsyn: this list is not complete..

Where is Ifeanyi Udeze...
he was. He was not
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
nonjebose: Abbey was not a flop
My God...u must be a relation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by balladin: 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Afam4eva: There was another flop by the name of Chukwu Ndukwe that was called up by former SE coach, Christian Chukwu. I don't know how on earth that guy found his wat to the team. He probably was Chukwu's relation. That guy had 100 chances and was only able to convert 1.

Around that same period there was a guy named something Ekwueme that played 11 for us. He was not as bad as Ndukwe but was not what we needed.
Ifeanyi Ekwueme was worse than Chukwu Ndukwe.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by nonjebose(m): 8:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
ismokeweed:
My God...u must be a relation.
Not at all
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by balladin: 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Smartsyn: this list is not complete..

Where is Ifeanyi Udeze...
Please don't even call Ifeanyi Udeze. That guy was good. May be not as good as Iroha or Babayaro but he was good.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Domwiz4all(m): 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
Can't find Mikel Obi's name among the list

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by tuffgongjo(m): 9:02pm On Jul 21, 2014
And what about Ayo Makinwa?Akpoborie was just unlucky with injury most time.
Please where is Justice Christopher?
Nwanneri?
Joseph Akpala?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 9:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
Domwiz4all: Can't find Mikel Obi's name among the list
His name is @ the very top: Mikel slOwBIe

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
Afam4eva:
I still keep asking myself how this guy made it to the team. is it because he was half caste? How can someone that was playing for a street team in England make the national team of Nigeria. Who was even coaching us then?
Christian Chukwu was the coach then.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by tuffgongjo(m): 9:07pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ninilowo: Romanus Orjinta?....... Did he ever play in the SE? The last I know of him was when he captained Enyimba to CAF champions League
he did played for SE.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Emilord(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Where is Pius Ikedia and Chibuzor Okonkwo?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by balladin: 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ninilowo: Their is this one over hyped fellow in the 1994 SE that no one has ever mentioned and that is......... CHIDI NWANU. I could remember the uncountable number of trips made to his base by Westerhof and some NFA members then. But at the world cup proper, I didn't see much of his impact on the field of play.
Not sure you watched the samer USA 94 I watched. Nwanu held his own fairly well.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Emilord: Where is Pius Ikedia?
He has ran with the ball to goal kick as he has always does! The mumu nor dey look up @ all***
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 21, 2014
balladin:
Ifeanyi Ekwueme was worse than Chukwu Ndukwe.
Chukwu Ndukwe was called up by Bonfrere Jo for the 2000 AFCON. He even scored against Cameroon in the final.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by konjakonja(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
Afam4eva: There was another flop by the name of Chukwu Ndukwe that was called up by former SE coach, Christian Chukwu. I don't know how on earth that guy found his wat to the team. He probably was Chukwu's relation. That guy had 100 chances and was only able to convert 1.

Around that same period there was a guy named something Ekwueme that played 11 for us. He was not as bad as Ndukwe but was not what we needed.
Wrong Sir, Raphael Chukwu Ndukwe of Memolodi sundowns was not invited by Christian chukwu,rather he was called up by Bonfre Jo. The chukwu ndukwe is from Igbere in Abia state and not related to Christian Chukwu who is from Enugu. Ifeanyi Ekwueme of Polonia warsaw was a regular and reliable player for the super eagles during the 2004 AFCON and was never a flop. He left the team after our failed attempt to qualify for the germany 2006 world cup

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by balladin: 9:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
beejaymoore: A certain Paul obiefule during Christian chukwu
Paul was one of d most talented players we had at a time. We weren't patient with him else he would have made the no 10 his own. The same is happening to Raheem Lawal now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Emilord(m): 9:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
pussyeater:
He has ran with the ball to goal kick as he has always does! The mumu nor dey look up @ all***
hahahaha,u knw him well.he runs pass Musa sef
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
OP!!! Where is Femi Opabunmi?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by vislabraye(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
gazilion: These are examples of some nice and great players who never went far...I won't call them a flop...

O Lord help me never to shine and stop but to keep shining till I die...Amen

1. James Obiora
2. Chris Onyemachara
3. Samuel Elijah
4. Garba Lawal
5. Taiwo Enegwea
6. Friday Elaho
7. Tunde Charity
8. Chris Ohenhen
9. Fatai Atere
10. Shola Ameobi
- I'm not happy Keshi used Ameobi instead of Mba...Ameobi's patriotism smacks of hypocrisy only after he was rejected by England.
11. Chrisantus
12. Vanzekin
13. Chidi Nwanu - really didn't see much of him except in the US '94 games.
14. Wilson Oruma
15. Mobi Oparaku

Let me think again...

pls.
. I agree with you on some of the players you listed (at least those I remember). Ameobi shouldn't have been invited in the first place. He didn't even play the Nations Cup or the qualifiers. He was fielded at the expense of other well deserved players.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
And the winner of the 2014 Floppest footballer goes to? Nominees are
1. Mikel slOwBIe
2. Uchebo
3. Someone shld pls help me with No.3
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by semitunde: 9:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
jibbish: Onigbingbe.... D seller of Snails don kom cheesy cheesy cheesy

Actually I think it was westerhoff's era.

-------------------

Most people here are misconstruing the title of the thread, including the op. Fringe players and players who didn't get game time due to injuries or better in-form players in the same position; are not flops.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by hippyj(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
ijbeauty: That list can never and will never be complete without including MIKEL OBI.... (Aka mikel slOwBIe)

my dear,i have been scrolling down the page,searching for his name.i thought he will be the first person in the list.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by abdulkayus(m): 9:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
pussyeater:
Hey bro! U forgot to mention Emmanuel Babayaro Basketyaro

Guy u wicked oooo. Is Emmanuel Babayaro that worse?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by kenlash1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 21, 2014
Wat of that goal keeper Baruwa dt messed our game after rufai left
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Was Tijani Babangida one? Not sure, jst needed clarification!
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by idris4eva(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2014
dabossman: Does anyone remember Peter Ijeh. That dude was sold to Nigerians by Brila Fm. The guy was banging in goals for his Swedish club Malmo FC back then. He got invited for one Super Eagles match and was a total flop. He just ran around like a headless chicken. He was too bulky and lacked pace in the game.
he has now become a coach in one sweden club assarynska to be precise the only nigerian to coach a division 1 club apart from this chelsea guy micheal ****cant remember his surname and micheal eneramo should be on dat list pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let The Fight Continue– Cristiano Ronaldo Says After Winning His 5th Ballon d’Or / Kanu's Message To Alex Iwobi As He Signs For Everton / Akwa United Coach Attacked In Kano After Kano Pillars Lost (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.