Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles (40453 Views)

Nigerian Players That Deserve Super Eagles Call-up / Top 10 Nigerian Players Of 2013 / Nigerian Players In South African League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by mich2012: 9:44pm On Jul 21, 2014
Efetobore Sodji! One of the worst players to ever come out of Nigeria oh wait, is he from Nigeria sef? Anyways, he once played for the super eagles and was a total flop from the first whistle.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by emiye(m): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
solomon okoronkwo. played as a 2 i think, and was usually a leaking defender,
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
Please what about that guy who was tagged to be the next Messi of Nigeria STANLEY OKORO, since the Under 17 tourney held in Nigeria years ago, abeg where em dey?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by deavicky(m): 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
DeeMain: Efetobere Sodje, the bandana tying defender grin
I tot nobody will mention Sodje. the worst Nigeria player ever
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Ekpekus1: 9:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
Where is Karibe Ojigwe on that list? Tipped as a world class midfielder then when playing in la-liga, but much wasn't seen of him in SE.
Benedict Akwegbwu
Azubuike Oliseh grin
Joseph Eyimofe!!!

But 9ja gather players sha! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by emiye(m): 9:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
maysimsimple:

Olumide Harris never made it to d super eagles. He was a member of d wombling n fumbling flying eagles team of 95. Nigeria was initially billed to host d WYC in 95 before d outbreak of meningitis, n d hosting was moved to Qatar. B4 that, we have hosted d AYC, where olumide harris , manga Muhammad , Patrick Pascal etc where in d team. D guy was shooting star player then.

I remember olumide harris, his miss in the u17 95 tourney was worse than that of yakubu in 2010 world cup, as he balloned a ball on the opponents goal line in to "safety"
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by olanje: 10:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
I think d likes of IKPE EKONG, CHRISTOPHER JUSTICE, MOBIL OKPARAKU, RABIU AFOLABI Should easily make d list... Btw whr is MACAULEY CHRISANTUS?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
CFCfan:
Chukwu Ndukwe was called up by Bonfrere Jo for the 2000 AFCON. He even scored against Cameroon in the final.

Error; twas furo iyeneme dat scored nd jj okocha.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
What of seyi olofinjana and seyi olajengbesi
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by semitunde: 10:06pm On Jul 21, 2014
beejaymoore:

I cant blame festus for bring ogbeche, cause Nigerians wanted him after d overhead kick against Paraguay....., It would av bin bad 2 drop a player like dat wen d fans loved his moment of magic.. Remains d biggest flop sha 2 me

Not just the Paraguay friendly, we were continuously shown his two splendid goals for PSG then, off of the passes of Okocha. I'm sure Okocha himself would have said a thing or two about him to have influenced his selection then.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lily4star: Please what about that guy who was tagged to be the next Messi of Nigeria STANLEY OKORO, since the Under 17 tourney held in Nigeria years ago, abeg where em dey?
selling car parts at aba international market:p

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by zomoears(m): 10:18pm On Jul 21, 2014
damosky12: What do u think about Anthony Ujah so far?

Tony is banging in goals in Germany like madt! Hope he can replicate for . SE
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by semitunde: 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ihuomadinihu: Obodo was not a flop at all. I wonder where he is and what he is doing lately.

He was kidnapped, in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Simplefaithy:
selling car parts at aba international market:p

Hehehehehe, how u take know?, like u ve patronised him before
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by semitunde: 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Ninilowo: Their is this one over hyped fellow in the 1994 SE that no one has ever mentioned and that is......... CHIDI NWANU. I could remember the uncountable number of trips made to his base by Westerhof and some NFA members then. But at the world cup proper, I didn't see much of his impact on the field of play.

Pls! Chidi nwanu and uche okechukwu formed the best defensive partnership we could ever have, for me. You never noticed him because he did his work quietly and efficiently. Also, as a late call up, he wasn't vocal and in the news like the Keshis and Amokachies.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Simplefaithy: What of seyi olofinjana and seyi olajengbesi
And also Adeneye that played along side with em"
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lily4star:

Hehehehehe, how u take know?, like u ve patronised him before
Lol, abi na.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2014
Simplefaithy:
Error; twas furo iyeneme dat scored nd jj okocha.
Nope, check again. I know Okocha scored the equalizer, but it was Chukwu who pulled one back on the stroke of half time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 10:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
gebest: HARUNA NKOR
Which one? Haruna Ishola??
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
pussyeater:
And also Adeneye that played along side with em"

Adeneye was sia1 boih, olofin played under C.C
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by oskaaay(m): 10:35pm On Jul 21, 2014
I don't just understand while they performed well but graduate into Super Eagle squad grin shocked grin shocked to be another thing.......

While you dey calm with the comment. Check out doctors/nurses jobs opportunity abroad at http://careerpingger.com/jobs-for-nigerian-doctors-and-nurses-in-saudi-and-qatar/ and inform friends......OR

Start Visa/Travel agent biz with less than 20k in nigeria start today at http://careerpingger.com/becoming-visa-and-tavel-agent/ .......Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
CFCfan:
Nope, check again. I know Okocha scored the equalizer, but it was Chukwu who pulled one back on the stroke of half time.

Tor, av 4goten sha. Wil check later. Ok
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by meforyou1(m): 10:38pm On Jul 21, 2014
Aiyegbeni nko?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by semitunde: 10:39pm On Jul 21, 2014
Simplefaithy: What of seyi olofinjana and seyi olajengbesi

The first had on and off days while the second was injury prone. Both were OK. Not flops particularly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Abeg anybody wen remember Shittu?? It dey wear No. 11
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by semitunde: 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
CFCfan:

I think it was furo iyemeni if that's his name. Do a check up.
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2014
semitunde:

The first had on and off days while the second was injury prone. Both were OK. Not flops particularly.
To u ba? Buh to me dey were
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 10:50pm On Jul 21, 2014
Simplefaithy: .
Lol, abi na.

Wetin u expect?, when he was already 28yrs playing under 17, abeg nack me tori em don add weight abi, em belle don shoot out shey?
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Simplefaithy(m): 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Lily4star:

Wetin u expect?, when he was already 28yrs playing under 17, abeg nack me tori em don add weight abi, em belle don shoot out shey?
Lyk u knw rite. His belle reach like 6mnths old pregnancysmiley
Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by pussyeater(m): 10:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
But wait oh! Pesin wen be 47yr wen con dey play under 23, Abeg wetin una expect? Flop Things Noni!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by JuanDeDios: 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
easyelliot: Dimeji lawal?
Nduka Ugbade?

Great youth careers, not much at senior level
Have always wondered why this is so. You watch Christopher Nwosu, Oladimeji Lawal, Chris Ohenhen, Andrew Aikhomogbe, Etim Esin, Philip Osondu, Tunde Charity, Chrisanthus Macaulay, and you say these are SE materials but you don't see them again.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Players That Flopped After Being Hyped Into The Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 10:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
Simplefaithy:
Lyk u knw rite. His belle reach like 6mnths old pregnancysmiley

Lolz, he should ve given birth by now then, howcome we ve not heard in the news, abi Naija Journalist den gateway the news?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let The Fight Continue– Cristiano Ronaldo Says After Winning His 5th Ballon d’Or / Chelsea Agrees To Sign Alvaro Morata / Kanu's Message To Alex Iwobi As He Signs For Everton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.