Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,233 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers (23329 Views)

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. / Why Is It A Challenge For Single Mum's To Get Married? / Guys, Can You Marry A Single Mother? Single Mothers, what are your experiences? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
aniyphil:

hmmm . . .you don't just sound good . . .you look good too ! wink
thank yaa embarassed
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by aniyphil: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
onyaigo: thank yaa embarassed

u r welcome . . .just stating the obvious though cool
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by boomssey(f): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Brb cos i av my own tales to tell too.
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2014
Well I've got a 10yr old son whose going to secondary school this september. I was young and st!upid and had sex at 17 tongue When I realized I was pregnant, it was like I had died. My family has never believed in abortion so we put on a brave face and prayed. My parents adopted him legally to stop his biological father's family from taking him from me. Now, I advice young girls to zip up and wait. I love my son and I'm proud of him and myself for persevering but I won't want another girl to go through what I've been through and still go through. Men actually tell me I'm the perfect wife material but a son before marriage is what they can't adjust to. I always give them the middle finger. LOOL My two cents is: Single ladies zip up don't give in! And if you do have seks and you get pregnant, just be brave and keep that baby. I have a friend whose married but she can't have kids even after three years of marriage cos of 9 abortions. When she cries to me, I ask her if the abortions had been worth it. Guys don't be deceived, she might look brand new but when you ride that car, you'll notice the seats are refurbished, the engine overhauled and the mileage has been tweaked. You will discover you just bought yourself a piece of junk. Cheers.

12 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2014
CharmO1: Well I've got a 10yr old son whose going to secondary school this september. I was young and st!upid and had sex at 17 tongue When I realized I was pregnant, it was like I had died. My family has never believed in abortion so we put on a brave face and prayed. My parents adopted him legally to stop his biological father's family from taking him from me. Now, I advice young girls to zip up and wait. I love my son and I'm proud of him and myself for persevering but I won't want another girl to go through what I've been through and still go through. Men actually tell me I'm the perfect wife material but a son before marriage is what they can't adjust to. I always give them the middle finger. LOOL My two cents is: Single ladies zip up don't give in! And if you do have seks and you get pregnant, just be brave and keep that baby. I have a friend whose married but she can't have kids even after three years of marriage cos of 9 abortions. When she cries to me, I ask her if the abortions had been worth it. Guys don't be deceived, she might look brand new but when you ride that car, you'll notice the seats are refurbished, the engine overhauled and the mileage has been tweaked. You will discover you just bought yourself a piece of junk. Cheers.
me liky liky..me luvin luvin.. nice one...
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
SirJonse: @rozzay!! Now u are taking all the glory right? What about me, did I work in vain? angry
. Sweet heart how's u, sowy I took all d glory I 4got my guardian angel. Pls everyone help me to thank Sir jonse my Oga@dtop oooo
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2014
afobajeflorida: so so beautiful cool cool cool
thank u dear

1 Like

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by brosdoncome(m): 9:22pm On Jul 22, 2014
rozzay: my dear am matured so I won't argue wit u, I didn't post 4 u to understand I bliv d reasonable people here understood me so I don't have a problem. I just came here to pour out my grief I didn't come here cos f u so pls don't quote me again cos u don't know anyfin abt me ok. No body else complained so I blive u r d one wit d comprehension problem. Thank u

I can see u are severely pained deep inside due to the ugly realistic fact that u are a single mother, and up till this moment, u have refused to let the grief die, if not, u wouldn't be so embittered by adding any form of insult to back ur point since u are mature. If any reader goes through my first quote regarding ur comment, it would be perceived my question never meant any harm. Please don't use the phrase, 'my dear' on me because u are not sounding like one and my utmost advice for u is, its not too late to leave the burden of the past behind and start seeing things from a brighter side without being apprehensive and paranoid.
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 22, 2014
brosdoncome:

I can see u are severely pained deep inside due to the ugly realistic fact that u are a single mother, and up till this moment, u have refused to let the grief die, if not, u wouldn't be so embittered by adding any form of insult to back ur point since u are mature. If any reader goes through my first quote regarding ur comment, it would be perceived my question never meant any harm. Please don't use the phrase, 'my dear' on me because u are not sounding like one and my utmost advice for u is, its not too late to leave the burden of the past behind and start seeing things from a brighter side without being apprehensive and paranoid.
. Pls don't cry. Kid
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2014
CharmO1: Well I've got a 10yr old son whose going to secondary school this september. I was young and st!upid and had sex at 17 tongue When I realized I was pregnant, it was like I had died. My family has never believed in abortion so we put on a brave face and prayed. My parents adopted him legally to stop his biological father's family from taking him from me. Now, I advice young girls to zip up and wait. I love my son and I'm proud of him and myself for persevering but I won't want another girl to go through what I've been through and still go through. Men actually tell me I'm the perfect wife material but a son before marriage is what they can't adjust to. I always give them the middle finger. LOOL My two cents is: Single ladies zip up don't give in! And if you do have seks and you get pregnant, just be brave and keep that baby. I have a friend whose married but she can't have kids even after three years of marriage cos of 9 abortions. When she cries to me, I ask her if the abortions had been worth it. Guys don't be deceived, she might look brand new but when you ride that car, you'll notice the seats are refurbished, the engine overhauled and the mileage has been tweaked. You will discover you just bought yourself a piece of junk. Cheers.
. God bless u dear nd ur son too
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by brosdoncome(m): 10:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
rozzay: . Pls don't cry. Kid

I wouldn't mind crying for u tongue
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
rozzay: . God bless u dear nd ur son too
Thanks dearie. Bless you and your bundle of joy as well.
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by vict505(m): 10:43pm On Jul 22, 2014
onyaigo: choiiiii ;Dcalm down my guy....ur blood is hotting ooooo...God is watching
No be so hard I no wan lose u. Add me on my BBM 7c616220
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2014
CharmO1: Thanks dearie. Bless you and your bundle of joy as well.
. A big Amen to dat. To think we have things in common. Kid same age, sex nd had them @ same age nd circumstance. Wonderful!
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by akpumping7720(m): 11:21pm On Jul 22, 2014
abolade62:
I am in this mess too, not yet married but then my conscience just wouldnt let me move on. I always ask myself this question, "should I place my daughter's happiness above mine by settling down with the mother just cos she can grow up in a proper family set-up, she should not have to pay for my mistake or i should just do what i got to do to be happy?"
. U̶̲̥̅ just have to follow ur mind boss. Coz its not easy trying to balance †ђξ situations and it depends on how U̶̲̥̅ both separated. As for me my step mum wouldn't allow my baby mama τ̅☺ rest wen were all stayin together and instead of her to get patient for me to get an accommodation, her people advice her to pack her loads back to their house, a year after she moved out, I got my own accommodation. Bro its a long story sha. So it depends on how U̶̲̥̅ guyz separated.
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by akpumping7720(m): 11:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
onyaigo: I really don't like the word ' regret'...things happen,what can you/what do you wanna do about it?noring I guess......bring out the best in every shit that happens...just do your part by been there for them...your baby will be fine,,her mum will be fine,,you will be fine,,,great things ahead,,but they are always lessons to learn from every experience..cheer up man cool
absolutely true, but wen tins U̶̲̥̅ don't actually like happens, maybe U̶̲̥̅ don't actually know wat am passin thru dats why U̶̲̥̅ said I shouldn't use †ђξ word 'regret' again. I am talking of a lasting happiness for my daughter. My conscience pricks me all †ђξ time coz we aren't living as one, I mean a normal family life.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by akpumping7720(m): 11:33pm On Jul 22, 2014
chineloSA:

I respect you for your honesty and not candy coating what is unacceptable and make it look cool and right to the younger generation. I have been waiting for people to comment on the disadvantages but also not ignoring other blessings at the sametime discouraging those who have not done it yet rather than praising this abnormalcy which will breed an abnormal society.

Your God sees your heart and will help you to forgive yourself.
Pray for your child daily, that's the best gift you can give her.
All the best bro wink wink
U̶̲̥̅ A̶̲̥̅яε̲̣̣ right man. We should all know dat what is bad doesn't ave two names, it is absolutely 'bad'. Tanx man for ur nice contribution
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 22, 2014
Psychodavidovic:

Loool Na you na. :p
lolzzz
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by opeolukoya: 12:54am On Jul 23, 2014
I got married april 2013 and was pregnant gave birth to a baby boy august 2013 my hubby had an accident in january and febuary he died leaving me wth my son so i am now a single mom so far its not been funny without him thinking how we where together pushing and bringing my baby to the world but my son has been my joy and a sign of our love for each other and by next week he will clock one i at least my joy is that he left me a son that will console me what if he died without leaving me anything but i thank God and pray God help train him to be a man after Gods heart

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by pickabeau1: 12:56am On Jul 23, 2014
opeolukoya: I got married april 2013 and was pregnant gave birth to a baby boy august 2013 my hubby had an accident in january and febuary he died leaving me wth my son so i am now a single mom so far its not been funny without him thinking how we where together pushing and bringing my baby to the world but my son has been my joy and a sign of our love for each other and by next week he will clock one i at least my joy is that he left me a son that will console me what if he died without leaving me anything but i thank God and pray God help train him to be a man after Gods heart

Amin

Are you getting support from your in laws

Was he a employee or self employed person
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 23, 2014
onyaigo: you should know better sir,,,why would you come to a conclusion just from 4 cases,,,,,smh shaaa..
. My dear u shudnt respond to evrybody. We all know dat in every issue people must say wateva so free dem. The most important thing is knowing dat we have passed thru d moment nd come out victorious nobody is perfect nd coming here expecting us to say youths we didn't use condoms or as some will say tell d bad effects or dat we r painting it in a gud lite. Its not happening cos I bliv nobody on dis thread includin judges here r saints who knows wat uve done in ur closets y don't u tell us first, criticize nd blame urself b4 I do mine simple till den we ll be proud f who we are nd nofin not even any silly talk can change dat. Kudos to d single moms nd dads in d hus. God bless our kids

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by opeolukoya: 1:23am On Jul 23, 2014
yeah i stay with my inlaws now they are trying he was an employee with lagos business school
pickabeau1:

Amin

Are you getting support from your in laws

Was he a employee or self employed person

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by pickabeau1: 1:27am On Jul 23, 2014
opeolukoya: yeah i stay with my inlaws now they are trying he was an employee with lagos business school

OK ..good to see initial support because some families deny women of the man's entitlements

Also are you working or have a means of income
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by akin33(m): 2:10am On Jul 23, 2014
Charly! Charly! how many times i don call u? abeg follow your mama comot for my house. No bi me born you.
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by PGabriel: 3:36am On Jul 23, 2014
onyaigo: Anyway...for me sha oooo....it happened when I was a teen,i took in immediately i got disvirgined.....it wasn't funny then....going to school,,,the stigma,,the gossip,,,,breaking my family's heart,,,emotional,,,psychological,,,mental trauma(na die)....thank God I never did an abortion(i for done die of heart attack)....today am a better,,stronger,,prettier,,,classier lady......its been from one blessing to another since then(i can't fit shout).........I have learnt that love ain't sex,,relationship is for the matured in mind,,parents know your kids in and out,make them your best friend.....my advice is,,,no Sex before marriage(u r entitled to ur opinion so don't give me dat look)..,,love is not a feeling but a choice u make,,,,if it is easy getting the right partner we all would have been married by now so chill and be the best you can be(your own dey road)......brb.
surprised! ! You just told my story......
In fact, seen together, we would pass as sister's and love and cherish her so much. ..
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by cyborg1(m): 3:44am On Jul 23, 2014
If wish were horses, I made a solemn decision to adopt a child before marriage or having my own child(ren), just to give a homeless a home and ultimately DISCOURAGE abortions. Whom I even wish shouldn't know I am not the biological father! Awkward and crazy as others see it.
I really hold the decent single mothers who are not victim of unrepentant promiscous living in high regard!
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by abolade62: 4:59am On Jul 23, 2014
akpumping7720: . U̶̲̥̅ just have to follow ur mind boss. Coz its not easy trying to balance †ђξ situations and it depends on how U̶̲̥̅ both separated. As for me my step mum wouldn't allow my baby mama τ̅☺ rest wen were all stayin together and instead of her to get patient for me to get an accommodation, her people advice her to pack her loads back to their house, a year after she moved out, I got my own accommodation. Bro its a long story sha. So it depends on how U̶̲̥̅ guyz separated.
Thanks bro
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by vict505(m): 7:45am On Jul 23, 2014
onyaigo: lolzzz...I see you too wink
. My runner way love. Pls add me on my Bbm 7c616220
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by realchik9(f): 8:48am On Jul 23, 2014
i'm just taking out time to appreciate, every single mom out there, it takes mighty courage to decide to correct the past mistake and actually carry out the plan of training a child, may the lord increase ur strength.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Adesolomon2014(m): 11:14am On Jul 23, 2014
onyaigo: no one is forcing you naaaa
its nt abt forcing,jor o its REALITY,everybody wants a fresh new family start not a part two of anoda persons....y i go dey feature for her life wen i fit sing moi own song....abeg babe dis na fact to face
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Adesolomon2014(m): 11:18am On Jul 23, 2014
onyaigo: eayaaaaa..kpele o...you just brought yourself out....not all men are devils incarnate.....kpele ooo
uhmmm,i dey talk moi own oooo,though i can only vouch for moi self but oda guys i dnt knw....jus wish u all da best wif dem promising guys dem...
Re: Thread For Single Mothers/ Fathers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 23, 2014
rozzay: . A big Amen to dat. To think we have things in common. Kid same age, sex nd had them @ same age nd circumstance. Wonderful!
Yes dear. Brothers from different mothers. Our sons and daughters will grow up to be the greatest people in this country. They will overcome stigma and circumstance and become leaders of tomorrow. In Jesus Name. Amen.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Narrates How He Found Out Daughter Was Not His / Baby Sleep Myths Every Parent Should Know / Battle For Child Custody For A Deceased Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.