Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203558 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 12:26am On Dec 20, 2008
Adewest/mide2008,
what is your opinion on the assertion by Enitan/badaru aka father/son about the Echolink being clones?at least,mide2008 and some other people including you have been upgrading their systems without hassles.Are we sure it is not a case of calling a dog a bad name to hang it.

all,
it is advisable to test your echolink with the upgrading cable at the dealer's shop before paying.It will save us the hassles of returning defective receivers.Adewest told me that he just sent 3 receivers to Lagos,and they are working perfectly with the upgrade software.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:28am On Dec 20, 2008
has anyone thought about the reason echo cant open al-jazeera jsc sports? but dont 4get that there're similar receivers like echo wit abracadabra cards that will open all the jsc sports. i throw this question to the intellectuals, the periodical upgrade and release of new firmwares,whats the usefulness of such? if you dont download a particular release upgrade,will the echo still function?if yes, why? what exactly is the abracadabra doing, opening all various form of encryptions of different packages? how possible?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 20, 2008
@ tox, am not giving the echo a bad name,dont get me wrong. at least with the cloned strong receivers we can still do upgrading, just because mide can upgrade his doesnt make it original or cloned,all am saying is that we have more of the cloned ones in the market, and am not ruling out the fact that we have the original ones in our markets at the moment.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 20, 2008
@ OLA,i still give kudos to you for at least telling me your fear concerning the echo despite u use your hard-earned income purchasing that and also still working. You can see the reason why somtins shouldnt be displayed publicly, i just revealed a minute fraction of somtin big, well i wait here and talk no more of those things again. i await to start hearing some final results which i know already. @ all, dont call me a soothsayer of a sort, i foresee a revolution in d nearest future in fta sat in nigeria,and we that are on this forum will be the pioneers,MY WORD IS MY BOND.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 20, 2008
it was in the olden days that it's being said then that when a child is felling a tree in the forest, that an elder one already knows the direction the tree will fall. But this day my brother, if the elder one closes his eyes and another child opens his, kindly tell me who will know the direction the tree will fall. @ ghana-based sat hobbyst, where are you guys? nash-fta, u are also included in the wanted list. @ tox, why u never sleep at this time-? Bible talk say na for night evil doers dey do their work.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 11:17am On Dec 20, 2008
preach preacher! Ride on we love the sermon on echolink,my observation is even on the newcamd of a thing there are diff free server available and each time the server keep changing,so its most likely some decoder work today and tomorrow its likely work for another ,the reason why is because all the stuff are illegal and to prevent us from viewing they are likely keep changing their firmware or software.except if you are from are genuine manufacturer getting those software can be a serious headach.I am looking for linksat ls900 latest software but i cant still find it.so i think enitan is right.Getting from a reliable source is the answer, no be gidibo,i mean no be fight.
for example Disneyland is on on nilesat for couple of months now ,if they key change to another keys getting those keys might be a big problem except if we have a place to copy them.i mean a reliable source.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ PAS 7/10 KU, my signal has being off since yesterday, is anyone out there having similar issue?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by iwes(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ All

For explanations on choosing the best satellite antennas and installation procedures go to http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/tuningp4.html
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by linksman(m): 4:49pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ Enitan,
check ur pas 7/10 connection very well. it's very much on, as mine working very well as i post this. make sure ur cable connection from LNB to Decoder is not loose. also verify that your dish position for pas 7/10 has not shifted. good luck.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by biggjoe(m): 6:59pm On Dec 20, 2008
Busy schedules always has their expiry days. This holiday is the temporary end to mine.

It is as a result of them that I have become a dormant follower of this thread.

The same busy schedule is the reason why I have not in the past months attempted any new installations.

It is all going to end this 2 weeks of holiday for me. I will add sirius, w3a, IS 902 c, and NSS 7 to my installations in my hometown.

that means three 90cm dishes and one 1.8m summing up to nearly 18k here (sound like madness to my friend). I think thats the only way I can enjoy this holiday.

During all my absence on this thread, I have come to realise how popular nilesat was here in the east.

Many installers who have never visited this forum has been installing nilesat in the east here with 2.4 m and 3m dishes even before this thread was created.
That really taught me that we can never know it all.

There are many professional 'sat trackers' out there who do not even know the name of the satellite they are tracking and cannot even use the internet.

So people, lets welcome any new ideas or member on this thread with open arms. That person might just be the person to make our day some day. Remember Adewest.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 7:26pm On Dec 20, 2008
hello all, hi enitan nice talking to u, and thank u for ur email, i was able to decode the foriegn language mail u sent me,actually canalsat horizon is running a promo as u metioned ,and from my investigations it  is quite cheaper and better to  have it instead of hitv  and dstv put together, u can also be a nigerian and still subscribe to canalsat, it bis legal ,but it  also goes with its short comings, the supersport 3 available shows almost those matches  available on hitv but it is not meant for nigerians so for u to have  it is either u are from benin  or other francophone countries, secondly i hope dstv would not be able to tell where one is using it.
One more thing i think pas 7/10 ku is having issues with their signals one minuite it is on the next bad signal, so if others have not been seeing it  it implies that they are not really watching it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ biggjoe, welcome back to the thread, let your mind be put at rest that this thread is under so many capable hands during your absense. we here on the forum welcome new members with open hands,eg olofofo,george,obnelly,adewoyin etc. but if there's a speck of doubt in what you say you can do, i dont see anything wrong when they ask for proof. i guess you know what am trying to point out to you. there's time for everything, a time to criticize/doubt and a time of acceptance.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2008
.@ chuk, dont u think it will be better if one subscribe to that small package where ss3 is and am not even sure if one will pay up to 1k per month. when am on a pc i will copy and paste that info on the forum.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2008
Enitan,
You have succeeded in ruffling feathers with so many members over the echolink.I spoke with some members all through the night yesterday and early morning.it seems you dont know the enormity of your utterances especially when you dont have one yet.the impression you created in so many minds is that 'since I dont have Nilesat,any positive development on it should be rubbished'.Someone reminded me of how you rejoiced when the keys went off,and when there was the talk of Showtime/ART changing their encryption,you also rejoiced.I hope you know that soldiers are on your trail.There is even the idea of excommunicating you if you continue with the defamation.I am just doing ofofo for you so beware.no be joke oooo.people dey vex with u no be small ooo.you will soon start seeing a deluge of reactions on your comments.

olofofo,
thanks for the compliments.anyway,I am not in broadcasting to make money but to touch lives and meet people from all spheres of life.I'm at LTV for a reason.you would find out very soon.I am just a consultant with them and some other stations in the Lagos/Abeokuta axis.I will discuss with you when we meet.what do you think about the latest attack on Echolink?

Lagos residents,
Do you know where we can get galvanised pipe around Ojota/Ojodu/Berger axis.I looked for 2.5inches pipe all over Abeokuta this evening,I couldnt get.I want to try Lagos before asking Adewest to bring it along from Bauchi.the wahala go too much for him.

obnelly,
thanks for the call.I really appreciate the gesture.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ tox, as much as i tried to explain the more you misunderstood. i wont go over the explanation again,cos people with open minds must have seen clearly my state on the echo. everyone is entitled to his opinions and not mine. am not soliciting for followers on that issue,far be it from me. and about excommunicating, me i no send anybody message. and by the way those that contribute on this forum dont even make up to 1% of people that derive infos from the forum. so if 1% turn their backs at me, and the remaining silent ones gain so much from my writeups, am just rendering service to humanity by so doing and not to the selected few knowing ones.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2008
@ tox, as much as i tried to explain the more you misunderstood. i wont go over the explanation again,cos people with open minds must have seen clearly my state on the echo. everyone is entitled to his opinions and not mine. am not soliciting for followers on that issue,far be it from me. and about excommunicating, me i no send anybody message. and by the way those that contribute on this forum dont even make up to 1% of people that derive infos from the forum. so if 1% turn their backs at me, and the remaining silent ones gain so much from my writeups, am just rendering service to humanity by so doing and not to the selected few knowing ones.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2008
nile: this is not the ultimate sat as most assumed. i met a great sat addict from this forum in march this year in the person of boljamoguns. he said most people on nile have this attitude as if they stand at the peak of fta sat. he made me to understand then that when he's using 3.6m motorised dish he's so many options better than nile. the man has more than 4 decoders all inter-network, his sitting room is like a theatre, you'll find more than 10 remotes, he has up to 4 tvs in da sitting room. if u meet those in the hobby for a long time wont give nile the ultimate spot. i dont have anytin against nile or its viewers/users but i have many things against the idea being the ultimate.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Dec 20, 2008
for those who are not afraid of criticism and know where they stand can show it openly on the forum and vice-versa. in forums like this, we'll have some members we are into and those we aren't. am an open person, if i no gbadun u, you'll know that yourself. you cant like everyone and neither can you hate everybody. @ Olofofo, have you confirmed my payment? and kindly answer the question tox threw at you concerning echo. it seems no one is ready to answer the 3 questions i asked concerning the technique behind echo. @ TWINS, kindly check if the decoder u were talking about opens jsc sports. if it does, attention will be shifted to you. beleive me.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by obnelly: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2008
All, i hope we are not in a court of law here.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2008
nile: this is not the ultimate sat as most assumed. i met a great sat addict from this forum in march this year in the person of boljamoguns. he said most people on nile have this attitude as if they stand at the peak of fta sat. he made me to understand then that when he's using 3.6m motorised dish he's so many options better than nile. the man has more than 4 decoders all inter-network, his sitting room is like a theatre, you'll find more than 10 remotes, he has up to 4 tvs in da sitting room. if u meet those in the hobby for a long time wont give nile the ultimate spot. i dont have anytin against nile or its viewers/users but i have many things against the idea being the ultimate.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 11:02pm On Dec 20, 2008
all,
which station is showing FIFA World Club Cup at 11.30am Sunday morning?

Enitan,enitan,enitan,
how many times i call you.I don tell u oooo.jsc guards their system jealously.it refused to be hacked into.I seem not to understand your grouse with echolink.Is it that it is not going to stay long or there are clones in Nigeria?pls call mide2008 or Adewest for all enquiries.echolink software gets updated the same way worldwide.It is possible there are few clones in the market.even out of 100 human beings in a market,there would be at least 1 spirit amongst the crowd.I understand you on that.But pls tell me,which bird gives more excitement than Nilesat in Nigeria now?pls answer now now.Adewest has lent me his pistol so answer now or else,
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 6:31am On Dec 21, 2008
@ tox, concerning the best well packaged sat in nigeria. who are we to say it is nile. we all have this mentality that nile is the best. about 95% of those with 3.6m and higher ones all go the same direction to nile. have they ever tried tracking other birds with these sets of bigger dishes? NO. so i guess your answer is personal and not general,it's based on your personal setup. if some key stations go off nile, i know you will be singing a different song. if i should be in your shoes and have a 4m dish, i wont go for nile. just like twins said, we should try to explore other areas, that means progress. if you are not tired of nile, why the sudden quest and admiration for hotbird? you know how many days you hijacked adenorth away from here? no be because of hotbird you wan sacrifice 3m dish for a 2.4m, u sure say dat one no be craze?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ugoc1: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2008
Enitan 7/10 signal is working well that is all am watching with sirus, since my landlord
ask me to remove my 1.8 dish. and i hav nt notice any problem with the signal,
check ur cable connections and sat position. gd luck
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by mikelanre: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2008
Hey Yo! Ugo.C. U telling me u use'n sirius as with iphone to get 'em sat signals or wha?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by chuk101(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2008
ever since rdv went off for the second time i have not been able to watch the premier league, i have heared so much abt 2m national but still yet getting it in owerri is proving difficult any solution is wanted
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 21, 2008
badaru and folo just left my end not quite long. folo's setup has been upgraded by baba himself,he now can watch bbc and show-maghreb, he even got showsports signal but not really strong. he inspected my location and found a suitable place but convinced me well enough to go for nile which i accepted of course being who he is. he even said he can get the echo for 16k which is the cloned cos am not that opportuned to buy online. so tox, you can see what av bn saying am not against echo but i just gave out the information people arent aware of. nile here i come. ola,u go think say which kain guy i be? no be my fault ooo.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 2:48pm On Dec 21, 2008
@all
At last, I got my 2.4M dish installed yesterday, it is a strong dish which i acquired at an exorbitant price of 24k in neighbourhood centre, wuse 3, abuja on friday.  My installer and I set to work on Saturday and we installed the dish.  Now I got CNN, all the showtime cinemas including showsports.  All existing channels that I have problem with with my 1.8M dish, either scraching, or no signal came up clearly. Truth is, with 2.4M dish in Abuja and environs, you get to receive most available channels on nilesat.  I am waiting for my starsat decoder and abracadabra card this week, and I am sure once it open those channels, i wont have problem of signal strength.
I need the frequency of mbc percia and show maghreb, I want to see if i can get it with my new installations. I did blind scan, i still did not see it.

@ olofofo
The abracadabra card goes for 10k. I will keep you posted as soon as the goods landed.

@tox
I will watch out for you too on tuesday, I want to catch a glimpse of who the hell is tox.  Before then, I hope to give you a call.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2008
@twins
That is a nice one! Congrats! Its good to hear this great achievement. I think MBC Persia's freq is 12341V/27500. Also can you pick Euro news @ 10911V/27500. Confirm pls.

Where are you watching out for tox tuesday? Is he coming to Abuja or he'll appear on one of the TVs?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by babaegun(m): 3:45pm On Dec 21, 2008
@twins
That is a nice one! Congrats! Its good to hear this great achievement. I think MBC Persia's freq is 12341V/27500. Also can you pick Euro news @ 10911V/27500. Confirm pls.

Where are you watching out for tox tuesday? Is he coming to Abuja or he'll appear on one of the TVs?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2008
tox is always on LTV casting news. I think his next date is on tuesday. I hope he will soon come on the forum to tell me the actual time.
I still cant get signal for both mbc persia and euronews, I dont know what happen, probably it is not receivable or something, I will let my installer know about it, may be there is something he can do about it.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2008
Enitan,
I have decided to keep shut on the Echolink/Nilesat issue because you have not answered my question-what bird is more exciting than Nilesat-w3a,nss7,hotbird or what?I am talking about what we receive here now and not the future.You keep confusing issues.The Echolink,be it original or clone,does not open JSC.The Ali-C operators,as far as I understand,hack into all the pay-tv operators' software and share it out for all owners of their abracadabra card.this is what the software opens everywhere
ABRACADABRA Working systems @ release:
- ART / SHT (Nilesat 7W)- TPS/ ABSat / ART-Arabesque (Hotbird 13E)- La7 Cartapiu (Atlantic Bird 1 12.5W)
- Canal Digital Nordic (Thos 3/5 0.8W)- Digitalb (Eutelsat W2 16E)- NTV PLUS (Eutelsat W4 36E)
So where did you get the idea that some other receivers open them.Pls name them.Mind you,Adewest has visited some fta-crazy countries like Turkey and Guinea.You need to talk to him and you will find out that we were all wallowing in fta ignorance.
Enitan,you are making everything sound like you and badaru don't like the emergence of the guy especially the fact that you have been ignoring him in your several posts.I respect badaru too but you can't turn a senior lecturer into a professor overnight.You can't ignore the senior lecturer's expertise as well.Instead of brewing a cold war,let us all come together for a formidable team against pay-tv.I hope you have not been co-opted by the Hitv guy urenemy or is it urfriend,to destroy Echolink which will definitely destroy them if more Nigerians get to know about it.More users are attesting to its efficacy.I think Badaru/olofofo were  just unfortunate with their products,no other person is complaining of clones.Adewest has already given the trick-try to download at the dealer's place or test for ART signals there.I don't want any in-fighting please. This could discourage fta wizards trying to join us.remember we nearly lost Adewest to this attitude.Abeg call me,make I spank you small.I would have to withdraw the proposed fishes if you don't call now,now.

Twinstaiye,
Congratulations.Just get your Starsat quickly-clone or no clone.please test  before accepting it.Please try Hotbird on it.I will be waiting for you in the air like a witch on Tuesday evening 8 and 10pm on DSTV 129.

Olofofo,
Did you see that Adewest was right about Eurostar 2.4m pan costing 24k in Bauchi.Twinstaiye got Strong dish that is supposed to be cheaper at the same price.Please don't tell your Alaba dealers about all the new developments because they will go to China to get clones to flood the market.

Enigma,
I am still waiting to hear from you on your visit to the studio.

all,
Please try as much as possible to spend money to make this hobby grow.Invest in internet,phone calls,dishes and other satellite accessories because nothing is really free if you must succeed in life.
mide2008 told me early this morning that he followed Adewest's instruction on Hotbird religiously and voila,he picked 168 channels(mostly porn stations) with 3m fibre on Friday without the Digisat ku lnbf in Ilesha,Osun.On the old Strong receiver,signal shot up to 60% so with Xseries,he could get to 70%.

babaegun,
LONG TIME!i dey miss u oooo.

Onye-ngbu,
How far?na only when u wan abuse me u dey show up.what is happening at ur end?make i come for Xmas?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2008
@ tox, if not because of the mention of withdrawing those cooked fishes i for no talk. after my nile i will buy cloned echo for 16k, concerning adewest, adewest she awon eleye esp me. i will explain better. but wait is there anytin wrong to say a decoder is a cloned one?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.