Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,255 members, 7,853,277 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 01:31 PM

Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) - Satellite TV Technology (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) (203911 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 24, 2008
@ Vickoy, your absence has been a concern to me,was about asking after u from tox (d deities see my heart if am telling the truth). @ all,keep up the good work. just have to stay away from fta issues for now so as to plan and rehearse my strategies i'll be using so to be able to tame and kill the wild fish tox has prepared for me to devour. tox(fear don dey catch me oo for dat fish ooo, d fish go let me see dis coming new year in good health so?) abi make i see d new year first b4 coming for the fish? (i no run away ooo).
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by maskuraid(m): 10:11am On Dec 24, 2008
@vickoy

abeg wat are d modalities involved in d discom aquisition, mind droppin ur nos or mail addy so i can ask u more?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 11:23am On Dec 24, 2008
Like enitan, I thot of vickoy yesterday, and i was like i will enquire on the forum today. You are welcome back.

@all
The starsat decoder i talked about had arrived. There are only 2 decoder that are also equipped with the abracadabra card. I am picking one while the other is open for anyone interested. The receivers are in Lagos, I had to make arrangement to transport mine to Abuja. Also, there are limited numbers of abracadabra card too, for those who have either the echolink or starsat receivers or any other receivers at that that are compaitble with the abracadabra card.
If there is anyone interested, contact me, and I will let you into what you need to do to lay your hand on them.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:45am On Dec 24, 2008
you just spoke my intentions on that issue, am not against making use of quotes but always is always displeasing, just a little '@' intended poster goes a long way.
@enitan,
I'm happy you didn't say I was contravening house rules by quoting. Maybe I like to be direct to the point. I leave no one in doubt as to what I'm talking about especially when I'm replying someone else's post. We all have our different posting styles. Some of us like to repeat ourselves-sending the same post multiple times. Some of us like to praise godfathers. Some post as if they are boasting. Some just go into hibernation and then emerge from the blues and begin to post after which they take another voluntary leave. As our faces are different, so are our styles. Pls lets learn to accomodate one another. let us focus more on what this thread is about. When we begin to critisize and pick holes on irrelevant matters, we tend to lose focus and this will not advance the purpose of this forum. If someone's style is 'displeasing' to you why not just skip it and go to those that are more acceptable to you? Think about that.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ olofofo,
how you dey? na with utmost joy i'm writing thsis, guess what? i go hala you for google group, this is the first time am using my PC to browse since the period i have landed in lagos.

@ all,
i just moved away from NSS7 to sirius, it didnt take me 30mins before i hooked up to that bird, all my strategies to make sure i nail w3a channels with the sirus proved abortive, so all i have with me are pas 7/10 ku, W3a, and sirius, more info later on, i wan visit some PSAT websites now. am enjoying my surfing right away.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2008
vickoy23:

@all

Now to second topic. Having patiently gone through the posts all this months and nearly died of jealousy of those nilesat people in da house and having realized I don't have space for bigger dish, I finally decided to join the semi nilesat league at least for the movies, I went to discom and aquired their DVB-c receiver and honestly I am not regretting it. My advise to fellow nairalanders in the 90cm leaue is to go get it if u are within discom coverage are. U wont regret. these are some of the channels I have -
BBC
CNN
ALJHAZERA
PRESS TV
SKY NEWS
CNBC AFRICA
MBC2
MBC4
MBC MAX
MBC ACTION
MBC PERSIA
FOX MOVIE
DISCOVERY
CARTOON NETWORK
SPACETOON
B4U
CCTV
MUSIC PLUS
TRACE TV
YOTOMI
BLAST TV
OYORIMA
CINETREND
ARIYA
DOVE
LOVEWORLD
ETC. There are 47 in all anyway

@all

@vickoy,
You mean the DVB-c receiver from discom can give you all these channels with a 90cm dish for FREE?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2008
@all,
I just checked lyngsat headlines and I discovered that news about MSNBC leaving w3a was posted there since 16/12/08.

CNCTV YanGang, Hebei TV and CSPN TV left Apstar 6
Trading Day Channel and Civilian Health TV on Apstar 6
My TV (Cambodia) on Thaicom 1A
Voice of India left Insat 4A
Tourism & Trade Channel and John 3:16 left Intelsat 10
TV 52 on Türksat 2A
Zagros TV left Eutelsat Sesat
Al Doha TV on Badr 4 and Atlantic Bird 4
Sexpress on Hot Bird 6
Amaze replaced ODIE on Hot Bird 7A
DM Digital Euro left Hot Bird 8
MSNBC Africa left Eutelsat W3A
Sim TV and Esporte Interativo on Brasilsat B3
Ulbra TV moved from Intelsat 1R to Brasilsat B4
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ george D,
Discom doesnt make use of satellite transmission but terrestial Xmission, so all you need is a global california cable antenna and a DVB-C decoder if you can lay your hands on one,but their signal signal doesnt exceed lagos territory. so trying to get that in warri is out of it.

But for now their signal is still being aired free of charge,

Vickoy, did you pay for viewing access of those channels youmentioned above?

Whenever i see anything DVB-C, i just remeber TOx, abi tox you no dey remember me?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by bodejohn(m): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ ALL

Merry christmas and Happy new in advance.

@ Enitan

What are you looking for on PSAT when you already have W3.
Just get yourself a dvb card and you can download 2Gb of it in just an hour.
If you can come online now, i have some gist for you.
No make that call on christmas or new year again o because the echolink na 35.
I don say my own o
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ken007(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2008
hi georg d,
how much does it cost u to get discom, am interested in it, i will apreciate it if u can give me in for on that.

cheers
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2008
@TWINSTAIYE

Please call me on this no. 08066061677,I need one
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by badaru1(m): 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2008
@Twinstaiye

Please call me on this no 08066061677,I need the stuff
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ken007(m): 3:16pm On Dec 24, 2008
hi twinstaiye how much does it cost to get the decoder with ur abracatabar card.
i will apreciate it if u can reply me A S A P
grin

MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE TO ALL D MEMBERS grin

CHEERS
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ bode, d echo na 35 ke? well if d echo mind am me sef am ready, maybe the fund of my nile installation will be raised and become materialised, am off to messenger now.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by twinstaiye(m): 3:53pm On Dec 24, 2008
ken007:

hi twinstaiye how much does it cost to get the decoder with ur abracatabar card.
i will apreciate it if u can reply me A S A P
grin

MERRY XMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE TO ALL D MEMBERS grin
CHEERS
Call me on 08055268863 ASAP, the price is 25k with the abracadabra card. please note that the receiver was send down from north africa through DHL, that explains why it is that amount, when you reach point of collection you can verify this claim.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ all, as we will be celebrating christmas tomorrow, i want to be bring to everyone's notice that the man in badaru will also be celebrating his birthday tomorrow so there'll be a lot to eat and drink and enough psat shows. come one, come all and celebrate with baba tomorrow at his end.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ lagos-based-satellite-ethusiasts only, any plans of we converging together during this yuletide period? @ twinx, oga sir,u no dey show face at all for lagos? @ ob, any plan coming around to lagos this period?
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by ken007(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2008
hi enitan,
what is d address so i can attend the party, what is d address.

cheers
kenny
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ KEN,wait make d celebrant invite u first.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by yaris(m): 5:04pm On Dec 24, 2008
@enitan

am sending u an email
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 24, 2008
@ yaris, am replying your mail right away.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by yaris(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2008
@90cm user

please people which FTA channel has the best program lineup for this xmas. etv has been doing alot of intrestin wresting, ben promises nigeria movie, and emmanuel tv has been performing lots of miracles. please post ur replys at
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-196182.0.html#msg3090777
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 24, 2008
I will like to share a few tips with some fellas in the house.
I arrived lagos on thursday last week, and it wasnt up to 30mins i arrived i set out for an installation.
So i got to the site and with my mobile electronic compass application on my phone and using the already-installed DSTV dishes i could locate myt east and west, so i set out to track the w3a, noticing that there's about 20 to 45 degree shift difference to the right side of DSTV dishes, so i started my tracking, i did the tracking using 12728H,30000. so when i couldnt locate the damned bird, i tried using the setup to track pas 7/10 i was successful, so i put it down to note that the whole accessories are in proper working condition. so i set out again to track w3a, i did all i could istill couldnt get it. So, after exhausting all my impacted knowledge, then a thought of changing the polarisation came up, so i changed the H in the above frequency to V, and within a twinkle of an eye, the signal popped up.

So if you try tracking the bird and still nop results, try to change the polarisation.

It is still this same above tip that i gave to yaris some minutes ago while chatting, and he's been trying this bird for about 4 days and he was successful.

So good luck guys, am here still watching the countdown to CHRISTMAS DAY.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Enigma(m): 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2008
Hi everyone

Been rather busy; Lagos eats a lot of time; rather wastes a lot of time.

Anyway: Christmas present on Eutelsat W4 36e ("DSTV"wink; 12437H 23438 TCM currently FTA (or has it been so for long and I just didn't know?).

@maddox

Sorry for late reply; please use email in my profile

@ toxnaija

Saw you on the news yesterday; good going  cool

Apologies that it seems I'm going to have to take a rain check on your kind invitation as I will be back in the UK (DV) in the next couple of days.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by yaris(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2008
One Toy Soldier stands alone
With his drum down by his side

One toy soldier on his own
With his drum to keep the time

He keeps the beet of marching feet
He keeps the beat so true
He's one small toy for one small boy
But his heart is oh so blue

Who can mend my broken drum
Will it be as good as new

I must play when morning comes
I don't, what shall I do?

He keeps the beat of marching feet
He keeps the beat inside
While children sleep, he dreams so deep
There's a secret he must hide

For he keeps the beat of marching feet
He wants to sing and hopes to bring
Happy christmas day to you

Da, Da, Da,

He keeps the beat of marching feet
He keeps the beat inside
Someone has come to mend his drum
Now his heart lights up with pride

So he keeps the beat of marching feet
When morning comes, he plays his drum

Happy Christmas Day to you!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 12:14am On Dec 25, 2008
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO BADARU

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE HERE
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by toxnaija: 1:34am On Dec 25, 2008
all,
Merry Xmas to everybody.I love you all.

Badaru,
Happy Birthday to you.How old are you now?I hope you are not as old as my papa who is 72.Merry Xmas.

Vickoy,
welcome back.I'll visit you later today to chop chicken with your family.I am impressed with the Discomm package.I wrote them off some weeks back after visiting their office and collecting their flyer.they had so many crap stations then.I think they are free for now but the receiver is about 7k.I cant remember but i will visit you in a few hours.

George-D,
I dey gbadun u, you hit the nail on the head.Are you picking my Comstar 2.4 mesh in January.I will give you at a give-away price.The dish is still very,very good.

Enigma,
I hope i will forgive later.Thanks for catching me on the tube.I hope you will soon catch me on BBC,Leicester or Kent.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 1:52am On Dec 25, 2008
@ tox,
merry to you my wonderful antagonist. are you just leaving for the meeting or returning. BOY!!! the traffic along that way was so hectic, my wings now are so tired that i cant even have a single flap.

May this coming year be witnessed by everyone of us in good health and enough large space where bigger dishes can be mounted so as to have access to more adult channels.

Happy New Year in advance, we don make already, make una no vex.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 25, 2008
@ ola,
the problem of me not able to combine both sirius and w3a on the same dish i think has to do with the decoder (Eurostar ES-1) I used, i even lower the RDV signal than 50%, i was around 43% and still yet the frequency of w3a failed to pop up. I tried using all the techinques i learnt and stole from individuals on this forum but all my efforts in achieving that proved abortive. So we will see on Boxing Day, no be so? Badaru is also coming around for your little upgrading/alignment, just expect enough goodies from me that  day sha. which fish u go prepare down for me, abi na turkey you fit get down for me? tex me asap to be fully armed with axe (because the turkey/fish fit proved stubborn)

@ w3a viewers,
concerning the disappearance of MSNBC, i got an info from a forum member in the person of justx24 and i reasoned along with him, he said since the US election is over , its like there's really nothing spectacular to be shown again and i noticed that personally. It's like the station was intentionally added by free2view company in March this year purposely for the November US Presidential Election. or what do you think about that?

abeg make i go sleep, nairaland no dey pay me salary neither are u guys, but the joy i derive from here is unquantifiable(tox, hope i got that right?).
I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Bynext year, i will on a nationwide tour to everyone's end starting from obnelly at shagamu cos he's much closer to me but i beg of you pls dont keep your daughters away from me oooooo

@ bodejohn,
i still dey intrested for that echolink decoder, wetin u wan yan me, send am for mail. I will send that jar application to you tomorrow, abeg no vex. How is 'our' little wife doing? i can link her to olofofo's enfant terrible (he's such an handsome guy, but dey troublesome like ihn papa) whats your take? u ready to gamble with that? or will you be patient enough to wait for my bomboy maybe in the next , years.
Have a wonderful night rest my wonderful friend.
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:56am On Dec 25, 2008
toxnaija:

all,

George-D,
I dey gbadun u, you hit the nail on the head. Are you picking my Comstar 2.4 mesh in January.I will give you at a give-away price.The dish is still very,very good.

@toxnaija,
Looks like I will be interested in the comstar afterall. I may need it to light up FTA for my Mum and Dad in the village grin. How much are you giving it out, and do you have a snap shot of it that you can upload for me?
Merry Xmas to you!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2008
@Enitan,
Thanks for that insight on W3a. I hope you no vex too much about my reply to your post about 'quoting'? cheesy Merry Xmas to you!
Re: Official Thread of Free To Air Satellite TV (Part 2) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:14am On Dec 25, 2008
TO ALL MEMBERS IN THE HOUSE AND ALL MEN AND WOMEN OF GOODWILL THE WORLD OVER,

Another Day,
                 another Month,
                              another Year,
                                           another  Smile,
                                                        another Winter,
                                                               another Summer too,
                    But there will never be another  YOU!!!!
                             COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON!
     Wishing you  & your families a Merry  Christmas   and  a 
FABULOUS New Year!
                         Keep Safe  & Enjoy!
                              Best Wishes

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (100)

Solutions To The Problem Of All IKS Dongle Receivers QSAT, AONE ,TLINK ETC / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / All About Nilesat Installations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.